SCREAMS & HEARTS, jace herond...

By heavcnlyrising

storm in her eyes, peace in her smile. jace herondale x fem!oc shadow... More

SCREAMS & HEARTS
act one ─── second world!
𝐒. mundane moment
𝐒𝐒. shadow world
𝐒𝐒𝐒. destined for hell
𝐒𝐯. city of bones
𝐯. in your blood
𝐯𝐒. deep trust
𝐯𝐒𝐒. retrieving faded memories
𝐒𝐱. who we are
𝐱. fight for you
𝐱𝐒. dark truth
𝐱𝐒𝐒. the mortal cup
𝐱𝐒𝐒𝐒. finding what needs to be
𝐱𝐒𝐯. rightful premonition
𝐱𝐯. conspiracies
𝐱𝐯𝐒. army against the clave
𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒. the third world
𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. a meet unexpected
𝐱𝐒𝐱. the unfortunate hard truth
𝐱𝐱. ugliness of disbelief
𝐱𝐱𝐒. hiding for good
𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐒. a mole close to home
𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐒𝐒. war in approach
act two ─── death comes knocking!
𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐒𝐯. rise up
𝐱𝐱𝐯. run to escape
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒. strength of parabatais
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒. pointed blame
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. lost heart
𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐱. choosing our battles
𝐱𝐱𝐱. angel caused thunder
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐒. wickedness of morgensterns
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐒. time running out
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐒𝐒. taken
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐯. angelic blood
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. greater demon
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒. idea of losing you
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒. fear is an emotion
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. the haunting seelie court
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐒𝐱. rekindling with those distant
𝐱π₯. the depths of the mortal mirror
𝐱π₯𝐒. the long lost brother
𝐱π₯𝐒𝐒. amongst the people
𝐱π₯𝐒𝐒𝐒. hail and farewell
act three ─── last breath!
𝐱π₯𝐒𝐯. everything comes with a price
𝐱π₯𝐯. risen from the dead
𝐱π₯𝐯𝐒. dead to the living
𝐱π₯𝐯𝐒𝐒. the presence of the dead
𝐱π₯𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. vows made
𝐱π₯𝐒𝐱. the monster deep down
π₯. the fault of the mark
π₯𝐒. broken bond
π₯𝐒𝐒. monsters are free on halloween
π₯𝐒𝐒𝐒. monster in her
π₯𝐒𝐯. true her resurfacing
π₯𝐯. descent to hell
π₯𝐯𝐒. just one more breath

𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. a loss for good

27.9K 699 88
By heavcnlyrising

chapter eight. . .
a loss for good

   "ALEC AND IZZY are securing the perimeter." Jace informed whilst not only he and Malia, but Ben and Clary had made their way to stand in the queue that made people wait for entry into the bar that caused goosebumps to run over Malia's arms and for her to hug onto herself. HARDTAIL. The bar was where she had been put into a chance by a vampire named Brad, and she thanked God that she wasn't going to have to see him again, given she killed him. But the brunette only thought about the place, as her eyes shifted around, she questioned how safe it was going to be given that Jace had left a long lasting impression after stealing Brad's demonic bike.

Malia slowed to a stop, that was the movement of the queue, before her eyes shifted to focus on Jace. "Are you sure we should be here?" She asked as the blonde took to look down at the brunette who had already begun to be irritated by her locks of hair. "Jace, last time we were here, it was crawling with vampires." She reminded him as if he had forgotten.

"Relax," Jace calmed, causing Malia's face to harden. Someone telling her relax wasn't going to make it possible to happen. "all Downworlders hang out here. We just came on vampire night."

Malia forced a smile. "Right."

Clary scoffed as she listened in to the conversation between Malia and Jace. "And when is all this gonna sound normal to me?" She pondered.

"I don't know." Ben replied as he grinned at the redhead who knew to stick by her side with the venture around the bar.

The Lightwood siblings had made their approach towards the four standing in line, after securing around the perimeter making sure that nothing with their plan could go wrong, they knew the only thing that had to do was get to Magnus and bargain with him. "All clear." Alec informed.

Isabelle's arm lopped with Clary's, whilst her left hand fingertips brushed against the Ruby that sat on her neck, which suited her tanned skin perfectly. "Do you think red's my color?"

"Iz," Clary said as she planned to compliment the Lightwood who dressed up well for the occasion, the silver dress had complimented her figure, and the necklace just seemed to fit in with what she wore. "with a body like yours, everything's your color."

"Good point." Isabelle had agreed. "Damn, I make this necklace look so good." Isabelle commented as she pouted with the thought of having to hand it over to Magnus, and for her to never wear a good piece of jewellery again.

"Will you take it off?" Alec snapped which caused Malia to chuckle softly at the girl's older brother who seemed to have always been the killer of moods. "I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange."

Isabelle scoffed. "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." She soon giggled, thinking of how all the boys seemed to reel over her.

Jace only rolled his eyes in response to what Isabelle had to say, and Malia was sure she had caught it from the corner of her eye, which made her crack a smile. However, Alec wasn't finding it as humorous as either, Ben, Clary, Malia or even Isabelle was finding it. "Can you just give it to Ben?" Alec snapped.

Isabelle's giggle had faded as she had unclasped the necklace, ready to do as she was told by her brother. "You're such a buzzkill." She concluded before handing over the necklace towards Ben who was quick to take it, as he really wanted to make the exchanged.

THE STROBE LIGHTS within the bar, had flickered its way around, as Downworlders danced to and off beat to the music, enjoying their time together. Malia had questioned how many different Downworlders were all together in one place, considering that there was a mixture. She questioned if vampires and werewolves partied together, as it'd be a weird mixture. Malia's fingers ran through her hair, beginning to tie to back into a ponytail, as the heat within the bar had risen as they strode their way through. There was an eye out for Magnus and an eye out for Circle members who happened to be after the warlock.

As Malia tightened her ponytail, Jace had looked over his shoulder at his friends, prepared to give them instruction, and to prep them for when they'll split up. The brunette was able to hear him over the beating bass coming from the Amps, and which the DJ controlled from his station. "Blend in." Jace told. "Keep your weapons ready." He warned and Malia was quick to nod her head before she slowed to fade into the crowd, and following after her was Jace.  Ben and Clary had made their approach towards Magnus Bane, who was willing to offer help and bargain.

The Adams blew into her lips as she squeezed past a few people, eager past, as she knew given the circumstances she was in no mood to dance. A sigh escaped her lips before she turned to face Jace, giving him a small nod before she managed to find a table where they could lean against. "Do you hate parties or something?" Jace asked, once he had noticed the furrowed brows and the glare on the teen's face.

"I throw the best parties in Manhattan." Malia informed as she couldn't help but smile, which caused Jace to do the same as his eyes locked on the brunette. "It's just, given everything, I am in no mood to party."

"No?"

"Not at all." Malia fiddled with her fingers before her hands clasped together. "I really hope Clary gets back her memories."

"Have you ever thought that you might know something?" Jace pondered which caused Malia's brows to knit together in confusion with what the blonde had thought. "Malia, you're covered in runes," He pointed out as his gestured towards her figure. "maybe Veronica took away your memories?"

Malia's head lightly shook. "No. I don't think she did." She told, as her arms crossed over her chest. "I remember...I remember her adopting me." She remembered as she leant against the table to steady herself with the thought. "I've been in the system for so long, I can't explain to you how I got these on me, Jace. Maybe...maybe my real mom has the answers?"

"But the question is, who is your real mom?" Malia sighed as she hung her head down low, there was no way she could give out anything that could relate towards her mother.

"I--." Malia's voice had trailed off as soon as she picked up the harsh whispers that begun to beat against her eardrums, all which had made her eyes flutter shut as she tried to bare through it.

"Malia?" Jace had immediately fallen to concern, his eyes trailed over her, trying to pick what was the matter with her. He was unable to see the hairs rising across her body, or the goosebumps making their appearance.

But when her eyes had snapped open, he say the glistening of tears, as the wheezers became more clear to understanding, and which she had guessed, due to the cold shiver down her spine, meant that something bad was going to happen. That something bad probably going to be death. Malia's lips parted prepared to speak, prepared to explain herself towards Jace, but her eyes begun to frantically search through the crowd, as if she could spot what the 'something bad' was going to be.

   Jace's hand rested over her's, hugging onto them with his own hands as he tried to understand what was whirling round in Malia's eyes and head. "S-Someone--."

   "Malia, what is it?"

    "I-I..." Malia stammered over her words, trying to find a way to explain herself towards the Wayland. "I'm cold." She admitted before her eyes narrowed on Jace. "I feel empty." She added before she slowly pulled her hands away from Jace. "I feel like death." Malia concluded.

"What?"

"I feel like death." Malia repeated before she leant off of the table. "I-I think someone's going to die." Before Jace could interrogate the teen she had emerged into the crowd, all Malia wanted to try and do was get to Clary and Ben who was supposed to make an easy deal with the warlock who actually just wanted to get away, where he knew he could be protected.

Malia was quick on her heels as she brushed past people, to get to where she had spotted, and which had caused harsher whispers, a Circle member making his sly approach towards Magnus who stood beside a portal, prepared to jump through only if Clary was to come with him. The brunette's eyes flickered between the man making his approach and the warlock, questioning who was the one to die.

"Look out!"

Malia had gasped when an arrow soared through the air of the club, to embed in the man's chest. With the force and the lethal weapon that came from Alec, he had been sent to the ground, landing in his own death, and which Malia had predicted. Jace's eyes narrowed on the teen who wondered on her own behalf how she had thought about it.

"How'd you know, Malia?" Jace asked as his hand rested on her middle back for comfort, as he noticed how her breathing her increased with panic.

"I don't know." Malia replied before her eyes pulled away from the Circle member to Jace who had swiftly pulled out his seraph blade.

Magnus' focus had narrowed on the brunette, the girl looking oddly familiar to him, and it wasn't from the time they bumped into each other at the club. His head tilted to the side, as he was so sure he knew the history of the teen who stood in front of him, and he was so sure he even knew her mother.

But as Alec jogged down the steps to check on the Circle member, Magnus' eyes had followed the Lightwood who had been to his rescue, and it was of which the warlock admired. "Who are you?" As much as he wanted an answer on Alec, who had fiddled with the seraph knife he had found, he didn't hover for too long for an answer.

Magnus was quick to step into the direction of the portal, but Malia was quick on her feet to chase after him, as soon as she had comprehend what happened she knew she needed to help Clary with getting her memories back. "Magnus," She called after him which had caused him to stop before leaving. "wait. Just wait." Malia pleaded. "Judging by that look on your face, you know who I am."

"Malia..."

The brunette forced a smile. "You're our only hope." She exclaimed, praying he'd listen to her. "You got to help us out here. We need answers."

Magnus knew he couldn't hover, the longer he stayed out in the open, more risk he was due to be in. "Valentine found us. I warned Jocelyn and Veronica this might happened."

"No!" Malia yelled after Magnus who had practically slipped through her fingers as she reached out for him, only to have a button left within her grasp, and which she couldn't help sigh at. The teen turned to face Clary, who only questioned how she was to get her memories back, and she wasn't the one to give up either.

Isabelle had strutted towards the five who had come together after splitting up from each other. The young Lightwood had her whip within her grasp, which came to rescue and defence incase any other circle member wanted to make their attack. "The area's secure. Looks like he was the only assassin." 

"He has a Circle rune on the base of his neck." Alec had crouched down beside the Circle member, making sure that he was dead and of no trouble to them. He had moved the collar of the shirt to catch the engraving and only knew that it meant that more were due to come as a man was dead.

Jace's jaw clenched, knowing that as much as they wanted and needed answers, it was most likely due for them to be circled by Circle members. "They found us. It's not safe here."

Ben rested a hand on Clary's shoulder. "Clary, we have to go." He told her, and as Jace had tugged Malia along, the Fairchild had rested against the table, all she was trying to do was comprehend what had just happened. Magnus was gone, he had slipped away, and there were answers she needed she was now never going to get. "Clary..." Ben tried his best to snap her out of it. As he hovered over the her, the redhead's head rose, and her piercing green eyed focused on the blonde who wrapped an arm around her waist to escort her out of the club.

BEN KEPT TO the side of Clary, the girl who had tears clouding her eyes as her head tried to grasp everything. From what Magnus told her, it was possible that Dot wad dead, as he didn't feel her magic no more, which meant someone had died to keep her safe. The Rivers had come to notice the Fairchild slowing to a stop to rest against the rail that flanked either side of the door, leading down the slope as they all were prepared to make their exist. "Clary..." Ben spoke her name, believing he could urge her into moving faster, but the girl was breathless, not knowing how to understand what had happened to her. "hey." He spoke softly. "We have to move."

Clary had slipped away from Ben's grasp, thinking he'd at least understand what was going through his head at a moment like so. "I'm catching my breath." She snapped.

Malia frowned at her best friend as Ben had pulled himself away from the side of Clary, and he made his approach to Alec and Jace. He was never good with handling anyone feelings or his own, and he thought beside if Malia and Isabelle were the ones who comforted Clary. "You know that?" Alec's silence had broken. "This is great." He concluded. "And not only did Magnus not get the girl her memories back, he took the necklace. This is fantastic--"

Ben glared at the Lightwood, it was the last thing he wanted to hear, especially when everyone was on edge, and trying to think of how else they were going to get answers. "The girl has a name. Her name is Clary." Ben snapped. "I recommend you keep your voice down, too."

"Why?" Alec snapped as he stalked forward towards the Rivers who fist clenched, trying his best to contain his anger he always had trouble keeping, especially when he was a child. "Are you afraid I am gonna upset her? We have risked our lives again and again for this girl, and were has it gotten us? All right? Nowhere. We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup. And we've lost the Institute's necklace."

Clary glared at Alec, all she had been hearing since she had become part of the group, alongside Malia, was constant negativity towards her and her best friend. She had sat silent for so long, but she needed to defend herself, she always had to. "Hey, I am right here. I don't care about your damn jewellery. I'm sorry you're gonna look bad in front of your bosses, okay? But my mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air."

"Clary, it's gonna be fine." Jace reassured her.

"No, no it's not!" Clary then turned to glare at Jace who just wanted to help. "People are dying because of me. And Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will...I will never get my memories back."

Malia looked at the button within her grasp before she slowly made her approach towards the four crowded together within their dispute. "Malia..." Jace fell into concern with the brunette who held out the palm of her hand where the button sat.

"It's Magnus'."

Ben took it from the Adams' grasp, before his eyes flickered towards Clary. "You need to start being more optimistic." He quipped before he clenched the button within his grasp and turned away.

"What is he doing?" Clary asked.

"He's tracking Magnus." Alec told, as he avoided eye contact with the redhead. "Be quiet and keep your distance." Ben had drawn over a rune alongside his arm, helping him locate down the warlock.

"The button belonged to Magnus." Isabelle explained. "Ben can pinpoint the location using that."

SINCE MALIA WAS she had gotten a feeling when something bad was going to happen. It was as if time was rushing by, and it was running out, she would feel the hairs on the back of her neck rise, and she'd tried to figure out what bad feeling she was getting. What was about to happen?

The sudden rushing feeling had run through her body as soon as she had stepped foot into the warehouse which Ben's tracking rune and lead them directly to. Malia was confused, she questioned how someone like Magnus could be living in a place as such, he could literally click his fingers and get whatever he wants. The teen had kept herself close to her friends, especially Clary who she stuck by the side of as they continued to wander through the warehouse.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Ben pointed out, as he held his seraph blade, in preparation of needing to defend himself.

Clary's brows knitted together in confusion. "Magnus lives in a warehouse?" She questioned.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour."

Malia's eyes continued to wonder around them, the bad feeling her caused her to freeze in space, and which everyone had noticed. Isabelle's fell in to concern for the brunette who tried to grasp her bearings of not only the coldness but the whispers. "Guys..." Isabelle called for them to stop walking any further. Everyone's eyes came to face on the brunette who's silence had been deafening since their arrival.

"Jace fell in concern with Malia. "Malia? What's wrong?"

Malia's lips parted, her eyes quickly flickering over towards Jace. He noticed the panicked expression that took over as a wave on her face. "I get bad feelings." Malia informed, causing Alec's eyes to roll, he continued to doubt the two girls. "I-I feel like something's wrong." As she slowly stepped forward to gather more of her bearings. "It's too easy to get this close." She added. 

"His protective wards must be down." Jace guessed, which only meant that the warlock could be in danger of death or being taken by Circle members. 

Alec had taken a glimpse towards Malia and Clary, immediately given both a warning. "You two, don't get in the way."

A grunt from the distance had grabbed their attention, and Malia's eyes had widened like Bambi's as she came to watch a warlock being stabbed in the back by a Circle member, the rune distinctive on the side of his neck. "No." She gasped out.

"Oh, God!" Clary screeched. "Valentine found Magnus!" Everyone had run ahead, eager to get to the warlock's before more lives had been taken, and it was all which Malia had suddenly begun to feel as she kept to speed with her friends, and Alec.

Everyone had either ran ahead or split up to cover more ground within the warehouse, and it left Malia alone. It rose the chances she could've been killed or even taken by a Circle member who had bombard their way into the home of Magnus Bane. The teen held tightly onto her blade, which glowed underneath her touch, whilst her stroll through the warehouse was slow, keeping cautious, and keeping her eyes peeled out for either Isabelle, Jace, Ben, Clary or even Alec.

"Daddy, get up, please!" Malia had heard the small and tender voice of a child, and from where she peered over shelves she caught sight of a little girl crouching down beside who she guessed was her father. The brunette stiffened at the limp body, a warlock whom he had lost his life as Circle members continued to disrupt the home of Magnus.

As a Circle member had made its approach towards the innocent girl, Clary had jumped out from where she hid within the shadows, and it caused the Adams' eyes to widen. The Fairchild had given a warning towards the young warlock. "Watch out!" The teen had given the Circle member a kick in his eyes, just before his was able to murder the girl.

The Circle member immediately fell to fascination as the girl whom he was after stood in front of him. "Clary Fairchild." He greeted. "Valentine will be so pleased to meet you." Malia had emerged from the darkness as the sword within the Circle member's grip rose, and which she had blocked with the use of her blade. "It can't be." He breathed out as he met the hazel eyes which she owed, and which was similar to those which he had once looked in before.

The brunette ignored the Shadowhunter's reaction to her appearance just as Isabelle's whip, which formed once around her wrist had grabbed onto the Circle member's arm pulling him away. Just as he was prepared to swing his sword at Isabelle, a ring dagger had shot its way through his back, causing a cry of pain to escape his lips.

Jace's eyes narrowed on Malia who's eyes had trailed away from the Circle member after he had fallen to the ground. The Wayland smile at the brunette who returned the warmth his carried towards her. "Thanks." She told. 

"Anytime." 

Isabelle stalked forward towards the three. "Stick close." She warned. "It's safer if we stay together."

"It's okay." Clary comforted the girl who hugged tightly onto her waist. "I won't leave you alone, I promise." She reassured.

Malia couldn't help but frown at whom the young warlock had lost. "I'm sorry about your father." The brunette immediately apologised.

MALIA WAS SO sure she was standing in the centre of a graveyard, as her eyes flickered around the amount of warlocks not only injured but dead. As her lips pursed she worried for what family they had and what would be their reaction. Jace's eyes trailed on the teen who fiddled with the jewellery on her fingers and which she fiddled with as she tried to calm herself. Seeing dead bodies were probably something she was going to have to get used to.

Magnus Bane had turned away from the conversation but himself and Clary, and it was time that they all received his help in getting answers they all needed to know. "Hold tight, everyone," He warned, and Malia's eyes narrowed on the warlock. "we're about to move." He informed. His hands had waved, and the form of light blue magic left the palm of his hands, from his use of magic, the ground underneath their feet rumbled, and the change of location of Magnus' home had bee noticed. They were no longer in Brooklyn. 

Malia had been entertained as she washed Magnus change the interior to his home, and with a sigh of the conclusion of what he had spent majority of his time whilst the Shadowhunters awaited for his help to get Clary her memory back. "Ah," Magnus was relieved with the stress of not having to decor his home later. "much better." He turned in his space to face the Shadowhunters who still needed and wanted their help. "Ugh, it's inevitable. After each move, I get the itch to redecorate. Normally, I love a dirty lair," His eyes flickered towards Alec who stood beside Ben, who had noticed how the warlock seemed to have taken interest in the Lightwood. "but this one is just sloppy." He placed his foot on the coffee table, just to steady it in the correct place before his attention drifted towards Isabelle who stood by his side. "I believe in payment for services rendered. Thank you for defending warlocks." Magnus had held out the ruby and which he was happy to give back.

"I couldn't." Isabelle declined.

"Oh, but you could. And you should." Magnus said to her, as he was prepared to clasp it around her neck. "The Lightwoods have been wearing tis for years."

Ben studied Malia who massaged the side of her hand as she tried to bare her thoughts on what had happened over the night. "You okay, Malia?" Ben asked as he rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah." Malia reassured. "So, um, how do we summon this memory demon?" She asked, changing the topic to something they all needed answers to and help with.

"Are you certain?" Magnus questioned, as he knew the possible danger it could bring. "Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal."

Clary shrugged. "I'll do anything to save my mother. Where is the demon?"

"Okay." Magnus nodded, as he noticed the bravery that the redhead carried and which Jocelyn had the same trait of. "Pretty boy, get your team ready." Magnus ordered.

Jace glanced at his family. "You know what to do." He told.

Magnus however had caught Jace by holding his hand out, stopping him from walking any further. "I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to..." Magnus had pointed a finger at Alec who was expecting to be talked to or recognised as the leader of the team. "you." Malia raised a brow at Alec who only shrugged his shoulders as he had glare come from Jace. "Come with me." Magnus said to Clary before gesturing for her to follow after him. 

CLARY HAD BEEN left alone to put together a pentagram used to summon the demon.  And it was as if art had been crafted on the floor, which impressed Magnus. Malia had only raised her brow at the seven sided pentagram on the floor, each sharp end for them to stand on in order to summon the demon. "Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare." Magnus complimented as the Shadowhunters followed behind him.

    The redhead pushed herself to her feet as her hands dusted together. "I don't know about that."

    "Oh, the only person I've known who could draw as well was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add." Malia had raised a brow, as Isabelle couldn't help but let out a laugh, but Magnus' eyes focused on Alec, hoping in ways the Lightwood would take the hint. "Okay, we're ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram."

   Malia was quick to find a place, and which Jace had gestured her towards as Ben had done the same thing with Clary. "Here." Jace took out his stele and was quick to run it over a rune which was marked on Malia's arm. "You're gonna need that."

   "Thanks."

    Magnus pulled up the sleeves of his shirt, as he was prepared to explain how the summoning was due to go. "We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens we must not let go of each other's hands." Malia slowly nodded her head with the warning, just as the warlock had held out his hand for Alec to take hold of and which the Lightwood was hesitant to do before their hands locked in place. It continued around the circle, from Magnus, to Alec, to Jace, Malia, to Clary, to Ben and to Isabelle who noticed the sharp lock of grasp between her friends.

    Isabelle scoffed. "You people are pathetic." She commented before she grabbed both Ben and Magnus' hands.

    "I will lead the ceremony and you all must do exactly as I say." Magnus told. "The demon's name is a Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories." 

    Ben's brows knitted together in confusion, as he worried about what could be the part of the exchange. "What the hell do you mean?" Ben asked as his face hardened. "What kind of payment are you talking about?"

    "We will see." Magnus shrugged. "Let us begin." Malia watched as Magnus' eyes had closed before words begun to leave his mouth, speaking Chthonian. Malia swallowed the big lump in her throat before she had spotted the ruby wrapped around Isabelle's neck flashing.

    "The necklace." Isabelle pointed out. "It's pulsing."

     A black smoke had formed in the middle of the seven of them, it swirled in form of a tornado, and the harsh wind that followed had blew into their face. "Valak is among us. Do not break the bond." Magnus instructed.

    "Hold on!" Ben demanded Clary.

    "I'm trying."

    "It is time," Magnus informed causing Malia's eyes to drift towards the warlock who had control of summoning and controlling the demon. "the demon demands payment."

"What does it want?" 

"I-I don't like this." Malia commented as she begun to hope for the process to speed of recovering Clary's memories.

"We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most." Magnus told, and so it was which the demon had taken.

Malia had watched as Isabelle's memory was one of her brother, a smile spread on his face, and Clary's memory was one of her mother, and it came to Alec's memory, a picture of Jace appeared in the dark cloud of smoke in the centre of them. The brunette's brows raised at the image, and which she wasn't expecting, but then she didn't read too much into to as she believed that it had something to do with the fact they were each other's Parabatais. "No, it's not true!" Alec exclaimed. "The demon deceived me!"

"Do not break the bond!" Magnus warned.

"Alec, it's okay!" Isabelle reassured her brother, hoping it'd calm his mind for what he was thinking.

"No!" Alec had snatched his hands out of the grasp's of Magnus and Jace, doing the opposite of Magnus had been instructing since they made the demon appeared.

"Alec!" Ben yelled.

"No!"

From the broken bond, Malia had found herself stumbling backwards, her back smacking harder than expected against the wall. A groan escaped her lips, as she steadied herself on the heels of her boots, noticing how the demon was no longer contained, and the faint use Magnus' magic hardly did what he needed to do to keep the Greater Demon in space. "I cannot contain the demon much longer!" He yelled over the heavy winds that the demon created.

As Alec had risen to his feet from where he rested against the wall, he begun his way towards the exit of the room, covered in dark walls, and which was use whenever Magnus needed to use his magic. Preferably for summonings as so. Jace had watched as his parabatai had been caught up in the dark smoke that represented the demon, before it had the chance to grab the Lightwood. Isabelle was quick on her feet to help the blonde and Ben was right behind the young Lightwood. "Jace!" Ben had caught the boy's grip, and he tried his best to tug and pull to get him out of the demon's hold. 

"Grab him!" Isabelle instructed her brother who she believed had much more strength than him. Malia was quick on her feet as she tried to reach them, and she tried her best to help, by interlocking her fingers with Jace's to keep a strong grip on him.

"The demon is growing stronger!" Magnus exclaimed.  

"He's slipping!"

"Clary!" Isabelle called over her shoulder for the redhead. "Help us!"  

Slowly the Fairchild rested off of the wall, and she worried for what of her memories, she worried if she'd ever get the back. "Clary, if you kill the demon, your memories will be lost forever!" Magnus warned.

"Help us!" Isabelle cried.

Clary knew that losing Jace, would be a big loss, and she couldn't have that. With pleading eyes from her best friend who fought for the Wayland she was quick to embed her seraph blade into the demon, which created a form of orange light, vaporising the demon, which loosened them all, and caused them all to fall on the floor.

Malia was quick to face Jace, as she tucked the loose strands of hair out of her face. "Jace, get up!" Malia shook his shoulder lightly, hoping that the demon didn't kill him, because admittedly, she needed him.

"Is he gonna be all right?"

Magnus had slowly made his approach whilst fixing the sleeves of his shirt. "I don't know." He shrugged. "Does he normally just lay like that without moving?"

Malia couldn't help but glare at the warlock. "No, he doesn't!" She snapped as she felt her cheeks warm with anger. "You're not one bit comforting, Magnus. Not one bit."

"Get up, Jace." Alec blamed himself for what happened, and Isabelle blamed her brother as she glared at him from the corner of her eye.

"Jace." Malia called.

The teen her flinched from fright as the Shadowhunter had let out a gasp before fits of coughs followed. A lot of his friends sighed in relief as he rose to his knees, and Malia only rested a hand on his shoulder as she took in the reddened skin. "I'm all right. I'm all right. I'm just getting my second wind."

As Alec and Magnus departed from the five sitting on the floor, Ben only patted his parabatai's back. "Thank God." He sighed in relief.

"For a second there, I thought we lost you." Malia admitted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.3K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...
253K 4.7K 39
{Alec Lightwood x OFC} {Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments} {Season 1} {Book 1 of 4} {2021}
159K 4.5K 28
"She put a binding rune on the door. I can't get it open." "I'd say she doesn't want to see you." #1 in "magnus" Andina Wayland has grown up with...
8.5K 165 22
This is a story about Clary and Jace. Starting from the beginning. Just know while I am writing this I am writing about Dominic Sherwood, and Katheri...