Darkened Paradise (Naruto Fan...

By WildeKitsune

Something happened to Naruto on his seventh birthday that was so bad it broke him. The Sandaime Hokage had to... More

Chapter 1:What Have You Done!
Chapter 2:Why?
Chapter 4:From a School to an Academy
Chapter 5:Sensei, Classmates And Teammates
Chapter 6:D Ranks,Gifts and Oh Shit!
Try Chapter 7:The Horror Hidden Behind the Grin
Chapter 8:The Demon and Meeting the Family
Chapter 9:The Laughing Ragdoll
Chapter 10:Drunken Spinner
Chapter 11:The Faceless Blacksmith
Chapter 12:To Know Suffering
Chapter 13:Parade of a Thousand Demons
Chapter 14:Some People Should Not Drink
Chapter 15:The Silent and the Clans
Chapter 16:Brothers in Pain and Fan Girls
Chapter 17:Screams in the Forest
Chapter 18:Circle of Sloth
Chapter 19:Circle of Wrath
Chapter 20:Parades
Chapter 21:Aftermath
Important AN

Chapter 3:The Breaking Point and A Gift

10.1K 228 337
By WildeKitsune

Hey hope you all liked the last chapter : ) I've actually go back to chapters 1, 2 and this one and tried to fix my mistakes, so check them out : )

XXX

Disclaimer- I own nothing :(

XXX

Sarutobi Hiruzen had sat at Naruto's bedside for three days straight; luckily, his old friends had stepped up to run the village for a few days.

He had been skeptical at first of letting Danzo anywhere near his office but it turns out he wasn't as against him as he thought. He had been, in his own words.

'Trying to bring back his Will of Fire'

It seems that he had taken it onto himself to try and give him a challenge. He had hoped that by going against most of what he said that it would force him to regain the fire that he lost at the end of the Third Great War.

Sarutobi was so happy when he heard that that he had actually hug the old cripple.

Homura and Koharu it seems had known about this from the start, but didn't have the heart to do the same. So they had distanced themselves from him, not being able to see him that way.

When the three had seen his eyes at the meeting they had seen their friend again, they had come to him the night of 'the incident'and told him everything.

Since then they had been handling everything while he waited for the boy in front of him to wake up.

They had caught most of the people that night, at least the ones that were left after he went into that rage, but some had still gotten away.

They had stopped four of the five ninja that had been involved and they and all been nothing more then a few no named Chunin that had lost their families in the Kyuubi attack seven years ago.

The rest that they had caught were just civilians, mostly drunk and they had all been sent to Ibiki and Anko.

Three days...

Three days and still no response from Naruto.

He heard the door to the room sliding open and turned to see Hatake Kakashi entering the room.

XXX

Kakashi had been in a deep depression ever since 'the incident'.

He wasn't wearing his AMBU uniform any more, just his normal attire of a black full-bodied suit, his mask and his flack jacket and his left eye covered by his forehead protector.

It was his entire fault. If he had been paying attention this would never have happened, to have been jumped by some no name Chunin.

By the time he had come too it was too late, the damage was done.

He had woken up just in time to see the Hokage go berserk and slaughter all those people. He was found on the same roof he had been sat watching over Naruto with his hands tied in ninja wire.

After hearing what had happened and a quick talk with the Hokage he had come to the Memorial Stone and just stood there, looking at the names of his old teammate and sensei.

"I'm so sorry Minato, Obito, I failed again." He whispered to the air.

He hadn't move for three days, just looking at the same names.

Finally, he decided that it was time to see if Naruto was ok.

Turning his back to the stone he took off of the hospital.

XXX

The first thing Sarutobi thought when he saw Kakashi was that he looked even more tired then he did.

The bags under his eye only seemed to emphasize this fact.

His shoulders slumped and facing the ground he slowly walked in to the room and stood next to the Hokage, looking at the boy lying in the bed.

"I don't blame you, Kakashi. It wasn't your fault. They got around all of us and you couldn't have known other ninja were going to come."

Kakashi didn't react to the Hokage's words; he just stood there, staring at Naruto. Eventually he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I appreciate that Hokage- Sama, but it was my fault. I let my guard down and he paid for it."

Sarutobi was afraid this would happen.

"Kakashi, they tricked us all, including me. At least we don't have to deal with those dam fools anymore."

It was true, while Naruto had been in surgery Sarutobi had gone back to the council room and repeated what had happened when he had found Naruto. The only difference being that he killed them all.

Kakashi still didn't move his eyes from Naruto's form.

"...I guess..."

It was then that one of the machines connected to Naruto started beeping rapidly.

Startled Sarutobi shot to his feet and leaned over while Kakashi ran into the hall and shouted for a doctor.

"Naruto? Naruto can you hear me? Naruto?"

Slowly, the young boy's eyes started to open.

When they did, Sarutobi, Kakashi and the just arriving doctor gasped and took a step back.

His eyes were the eyes of a corpse, lifeless. There was no emotion in his eyes.

"Dear Kami Naruto...what have they done to you?" whispered Sarutobi.

The doctor walked away over to the boy and shone a small light in his eyes.

"He's conscious, and there's nothing physically wrong with his eyes, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do at this point."

With that he left the room, leaving the two men in the room with the poor boy.

A few minuets later Naruto started to whisper something; it was so quite that the two shinobi in the room had to lean in towards the boy to hear him.

"...why? ... Why didn't you just let me die old man? ... Why?"

Those words broke both men's harts. To hear such words coming from a seven year old boy was just wrong.

Not being able to stand it anymore Kakashi left the room

'Probably going back to the memorial stone' thought Sarutobi.

XXX

It was a full week later that Naruto was discharged from the hospital. He never said a word to anyone, not even the Hokage after that first sentence. It worried Sarutobi greatly. He also hadn't slept since he had initially awoke.

Kakashi hadn't come back.

As Sarutobi lead Naruto to his apartment Naruto absently noticed that the people were still glaring at him whenever the old man wasn't looking.

He was still covered from head to toe in bandages, although there was an opening at his mouth now as well as his eyes. The old man had found him some basic clothes to wear on the way. Ironically the same clothes he had when in his mindscape talking to Kyuubi.

Sarutobi had tried to talk to him about the Kyuubi, but Naruto would just stare off into space, not saying a word.

When they got to the apartment Sarutobi stayed with Naruto for an hour or so, making sure the boy was ok.

Naruto had just gone about his business as if he wasn't even there.

'At least one good thing came out of this.' thought Sarutobi.

With the civilian council gone he was completely in charge of the village until a new one could be found. Meaning that, starting tomorrow night Naruto would get a full AMBU guard watching over him.

He had asked Kakashi to be the team leader but the man had refused, saying that he couldn't look after him anymore when he let him down like that.

Eventually Sarutobi had to go back to work; he had been away for too long as it was. Saying goodbye to the unresponsive boy he left the apartment, shaking his head at the thought of what had been done to the boy.

XXX

As the day turned to night you could find Naruto in the same spot he had been the night when they had come for him, just staring into an empty corner of the room.

It was at this point that his door opened, he hadn't locked it, he didn't see any point, it never stopped them before.

Stood in the doorway with an insane grin on her face was the pink haired lady. It seemed that she was one of the few that got away.

It was then that he saw the knife in her hand.

"Why didn't you just die? It was all planned out; I was going to be the one that lead the people to the destruction of the Kyuubi. I was going to be a hero, but you just wouldn't DIE!"

As she was saying this she had move further into the room and by the end she had stopped right in front of Naruto and stabbed the boy in the chest with her knife.

Naruto didn't react at all, not even flinching as the knife went into his heart. He just kept staring at the same corner.

This just made the woman angrier and so she kept stabbing, each time repeating the same word over and over again.

"DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

It was then that something inside Naruto snapped.

Before the woman could stab him again he grabbed her by the wrist with the hand that held the knife, and in one quick movement broke it.

The lady was so shock that she just stood there staring at her wrist for a full minuet. Then she started to scream.

But before she could get to a decent volume Naruto had pushed her to the ground and placed one of his hands over her mouth.

Looking up into the young boys eyes the lady suddenly stopped her struggling and froze in terror.

They weren't empty anymore, they were filled with an insane glee at what was about to happen. The boy started to laugh, just a low chuckle at first but soon building up to full blown hysterics.

After a minuet of laughing he stopped and leaned closer to her ear and said.

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly,
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when your there."

And with that the small boy's body started to change before her eyes.

XXX

Flashback

XXX

Naruto just stared at the giant fox in front of him. He still had that blank look on his face.

"Why?" ask the blonde. Not sure what the Kyuubi was trying to do.

The fox just looked down at the boy in front of it with an amused gleam in its eyes.

"BECAUSE IT WOULD AMUSE ME, AND YOU NEED ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GET. YOUR WEAK, IT'S PATHETIC REALLY."

"And you'll just give me a never seen before bloodline with no strings attached?"

The fox looked thoughtful for a moment then its eyes took on a slight shine.

"WELL... THERE IS ONE THING I WANT." The fox paused here, seeing how Naruto would react.

At a small nod from the boy it continued.

"I WANT FOR YOUR PEOPLE TO REMEMBER WHY THEY SHOULD FEAR ME. I WANT YOU TO SHOW THEM WHY MY NAME IS SO FEARD. DO THAT AND WE WILL CALL IT EVEN. JUST SPREAD A LITTLE CHAOS."

By the end Kyuubi's grin was so big it looked painful.

"That's it?"

"THAT'S IT" the Kyuubi replied with a nod.

Naruto thought about it for a moment, then agreed, what harm could it do?

"Ok"

With that the Kyuubi sent as much of its chakra through the bars and into the boy as possible.

After a few minuets of that it pulled back, slightly winded.

"IT'S DONE."

"So what can I do?"

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING."

Naruto looked at the fox for a moment.

"Isn't that just what parents tell their kids to make them feel good?"

The fox looked at the boy, trying to tell if he was serious, a large sweat drop appearing at the back of its head.

"YES... IT IS. BUT IN THIS CASE IT'S LITERAL. I BASICALLY GAVE YOU THE ABILITY TO SHAPESHIFT. IT'S ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION."

Naruto thought about that for a minuet.

That sounded useful, to be able to change into practically anything...

"How does it work?"

"IT'S SIMPLE ENOUGH. JUST PICTURE A FORM IN YOUR HEAD AND CHANNEL CHAKRA THROUGH YOUR BODY."

"And I can be anything?"

"WELL... THERE WILL BE LIMMITS. NOTHING TOO BIG AND THE MORE COMPLECTS IT IS THE HARDER IT WILL BE. OH AND IF YOUR NOT CARFUL YOU COULD LOSE CONTROL AND GO ON A KILLING SPREE, DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUN?"

Naruto just stared at the fox for a moment. It made sense, and he didn't really care about killing.

"Fair enough."

The fox just stared at the boy in front of it for a long moment. Then burst out laughing.

"HAHAHAH... THEY... HA... THEY REALLY DID... HAHAHA... BREAK YOU DIDN'T THEY... MY KAMI, THIS IS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN CENTURY'S... HAHAHAHA."

Naruto just stood there, staring at the fox.

When the Kyuubi calmed down enough to stop laughing it turned back to the boy.

"THANKS FOR THAT... WOOW, I NEEDED THAT. ANYWAY I THINK IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO WAKE UP. SEE YOU LATER KIT."

Before Naruto could reply he got very dizzy and fell back into the water. When he opened his eyes he could see the old man leaning over him.

XXX

End Flashback

XXX

He could feel it, the way his body shifted to his will. He could feel muscles ripping and knitting themselves back together. He could feel his bones braking and reforming. The way his clothes seemed to meld into his body.

It was excruciating.

And euphoric.

He had never felt so alive.

When it was done he stood up and stepped back from the pink haired lady. She was so scared of what was in front of her that she forgot to scream.

Standing in front of her, in all its ten foot tall glory was... she didn't even know, it was like something out of a nightmare.

If only she knew.

It actually was from one of Naruto's nightmares.

His very skin covered in what looked like an ivory white shell.

The only clothing he had was a torn black cloth that covered his waste down to his knees and held up by bandages tied to his waste, his body covered in mussels, reminiscent of a body builder.

Long, spiky, blonde hair going down to his feet and strange red markings covering his body. His hands were huge with long, boney fingers tipped in vicious claws.

He had what seemed to be spikes growing out of his shoulders and a long tail coming out the base of his spine. The end of which was a deep crimson, as if it had been dipped in blood.

But what really scared her was his face and chest.

A demonised skull like mask covered his whole face with long, sharp teeth in what seemed to be spread in a horrifying grin and more of the red markings on the left side of its face. Cold yellow eyes ringed in black with a sick glee shining in their eyes.

And a hole in the centre of his chest where his hart should be.

Naruto just stood there a moment to admire himself. This had been one of the creatures he had seen in his nightmares. It looked just like it, down to the last detail.

He laughed, he couldn't stop himself. He absently noted that his voice had a strange echo to it, as if more then one voice was talking at the same time.

The irony, for years this creature had haunted his nights, now it would haunt others as well.

Without saying a word he bent down and grabbed the pink haired lady by her throat, lifting her up easily with one hand above his head.

And with no effort at all, through her through the window and into the street outside.

Jumping out after her he slowly made his way over to her broken body.

She was covered in cuts and broken glass from being sent though the window, both her arms were bent in odd ways, obviously broken in several places.

She was still conscious, but only just.

He couldn't have that; he wanted her fully aware for what he was going to do.

Quicker then most eyes could see he speared her through the abdomen with his tail. He held it there for a moment, listening to her gargled screams.

Music to his ears.

He then sent a small pulse of his chakra though his tail and into the woman on the ground at his feet.

Instantly her eyes shot open and she started to scream as loud as her abused lungs could manage.

Again Naruto stopped and listened to her screams.

When he had enough of that he picked up his foot and brought it down on her, mostly, uninjured left leg, breaking it in the process.

He tilted his head to the side in fascination as her screaming changed pitch.

He did it again with her right leg.

Then each of her already broken arms.

Each time he did this she made a new sound.

XXX

A platoon of five ANBU that had heard the screams and come too investigate were watching in stunned silence as they saw some... thing, mutilating the still alive woman.

What shocked them more was that it was the woman that they were told to look for.

She had somehow managed to get away on the night of 'the incident' and had avoided them ever since, it was very embarrassing.

A cat masked ANBU turned to another with a dragon mask and asked in a clearly feminine voice.

"What should we do captain?"

The now identified captain remained quiet for a moment, before replying.

"You go and inform the Hokage, we will stay here and try to subdue... it... hurry."

And with that she was gone in a swirl of leafs.

The four remaining ANBU jumped off the building they were stood on and ran towards the creature.

Seeing them coming out of the corner of is eye, Naruto grabbed his limp prey and held her to his chest, facing the ANBU, still laughing insanely.

They stopped in their tracks, not expecting the... creature to have seen them coming. Stepping forward the dragon masked ANBU spoke.

"Drop the woman and get on the ground... do you understand me?"

The creature just laughed at him.

Then, slowly reaching around the woman's stomach dragged its claws over it, causing her intestines to fall out onto the ground.

The ANBU were shocked, and what was worse was that the woman was still alive.

But not for long.

And just before the light left her eyes the creature reached a hand around her neck and pulled it off.

No effort, it made it look easy.

What it did next shocked the ANBU just as much. In its echo like voice it started to... Sing?

"Ring, a round the roses,

A pocket full of posies,

A-tish-yoo, a-tish-yoo,

You, All. Fall. Down."

At the end of the song it started to laugh again.

One of the ANBU, a large, bear masked man ran forward.

"No! Stop! We have to take it together!" called out the captain, but it was too late.

The bear masked ANBU started to run through hand signs but before he could finish the creature appeared in front of him and grabbed is arms just below the shoulders.

The ANBU let out a scream as the hands got tighter and tighter.

Until finally, with a quick jerk, both his arms were pulled off just below the shoulder, but before he could get over his shock at the loss of his arms the creature used them as clubs and hit him so hard his head exploded in a shower of blood and gore.

Insane laughter could be heard all over Konoha.

Without further ado, the remaining three AMBU sprung into action.

"Wood style: Tree Bind Jutsu"

Instantly long pieces of wood shot out of the ground and wrapped themselves around the beast's arms, legs, neck and chest.

"Fire style: Great Fire Ball Jutsu"

"Wind style: Great Breakthrough Jutsu"

The too Jutsu joined together, the fire being fuelled by the fire turning white from the heat.

The laughter stopped as soon as the attack hit and the ANBU breathed a sigh of relief, only to take a step back in fear when it started again, if weaker than before.

Nothing had ever survived that combination, nothing.

When the smoke cleared they could clearly see the creature still standing, although only just. Its body was covered in what seemed to be... cracks?

As they watched pieces started to fall of the beast and to the ground, only to disintegrate before they reached the floor into black smoke.

The Hokage arrived with the cat masked ANBU just in time to see the beast before it seemed to burst into black smoke, leaving an unconscious Naruto with a huge, insane grin on his face.

Looking at the bloodbath before him then to the seven year old boy Sarutobi could only say one thing.

"Dear Kami Naruto... what have you done?"

XXX

Hey, yes its Ichigo's hollow form, this is not a bleach cross I'm just using the look cuz it's creepy :))
Two chapters in one day, I'm on
a role!

R&R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 11.2K 44
After a few years of Kurama's attack; Naruto disappeared. No one knew where he went, but no one dared to look for him. In fact, they were glad he was...
87.7K 2.5K 34
Naruto has been bullied and abused for years just because of something he couldn't control. The third hokage finds this out when Naruto is three year...
1.9K 6 10
What if Naruto had been saved as a child by Danzo and Sarutobi? From that day on he became a weapon for the village, but things are never what they s...
7.2K 152 2
At a young age Naruto heard about the Chunin exam and got the idea to prank the whole village, playing the role of the dead-last while training secre...