A Sicilian Marriage [PUBLISHE...

By sweetblunch

"Let's get married!" Rafe Moretti never thought that the woman drinking alone in a certain bar in London woul... More

Author's Note
Prologue: The Last Will
Chapter 1: The Encounter
Chapter 2: The Tempest
Chapter 3: The Spencer Clan
Chapter 4: The Choice
Chapter 5: The Decision
Chapter 6: The Preparation
Chapter 7: The Gown
Chapter 8: The Wedding
Chapter 9: The Wedding Night
Chapter 10: The Breakfast
Chapter 11: The Second Will
Chapter 12: The Relatives
Chapter 13: The Secret
Chapter 14: Ragusa, Sicily
Chapter 15: The Ex
Chapter 16: The Challenge
Chapter 17: The Party
Chapter 18: The Jealousy
Chapter 19: The Good Wife
Chapter 20: The Date
Chapter 21: London, England
Chapter 22: The Heiress
Chapter 24: The Talk
Chapter 25: The Divorce
Chapter 26: The Heartbreak
Chapter 27: The Abduction
Chapter 28: The Chaos
Chapter 29: The Realization
Chapter 30: The Ex-wife
Chapter 31: The Confession
Chapter 32: The Photo Shoot
Chapter 33: The Wedding Reception
Epilogue: The Anniversary
Extra Chapter: First Sight

Chapter 23: The Plan

302K 11.1K 818
By sweetblunch

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

-George S. Patton

Coco Spencer's POV

"What's with the frown early this morning, mia moglie?" Rafe asked me while busy fixing his tie. He was halfway ready to leave for office.

I frowned in my eyebrow intensified as I met his gaze through the reflection in the mirror. I somehow managed to remove my eyes from the screen of my mobile phone. "So I took a photo of you while sleeping awhile ago and posted it in my Instagram account..."

It was his turned to scowl in my direction. "Why did you do such a thing? Why did you post my picture online without my permission? Remove it instantly, Corrine."

I met his glowering face without even blinking. "You look so handsome while sleeping awhile ago and I followed my instinct to capture that moment and my impulsive decision to share it with my followers to show them how gorgeous my husband is but..."

"But...?" He asked curiously when I trailed off my words. I looked away and felt the frustration runs through my body. "What happened to my picture online?"

I glared at him. I knew I shouldn't blame him for being too gorgeous and all, but I couldn't help it. "One hour after posting it online your picture gained two hundred fifty-thousand likes. Hell, that number is almost half of my Insta followers. I never had a single photo with that amount of likes even since I joined."

"Is that good or bad?" He asked unknowingly. I stared at him for a long moment, was he serious? When times like this I want to smack his head for being naïve when it comes to social media.

I rolled my eyes at stared at him darkly. "Of course, it's freaking good on your part and freaking bad on my part, you clueless man."

I heard him sighed deeply, shaking his head. "Okay, since you already call me a clueless man. I might as well grab the opportunity to ask what do you mean by your statement that uploaded picture is good for me and bad for you, wife?"

I scratched the back of my head irritably. "That means all my female followers probably fell in love at your sleeping photo—that's good for you right? You just prove that your Sicilian features are lethal to women's admiration. You should be very happy about that though."

He surprised me when he suddenly smiles devilishly in my direction. "I will be please by that conclusion of yours if only you are jealous about your followers, mia amore."

I felt my cheeks warming but ignore it. "As if, Rafe. Me? Corrine Cordelia Moretti will be jealous of my followers? No way!"

He nodded in agreement but I could see laughter dancing in his eyes. "Yeah, right. You are not the jealous type that's why you nearly pulled out every hair of Stella Clarke in her head with your bare hands when you saw her in my office. I believed her hair extensions are still in my garbage bin in the office."

"Why do you still have those fake hairs?" I eyed him suspiciously.

He shrugged casually. "So incase the Clarke heiress comes back she would remember the last time she tried to make moves on me my wife nearly make her bald with her hands."

"I think that's not the reason for keeping them," I told him seriously, crossing my arms in the middle of my chest. "I think you are just amusing yourself with the fact that I started a catfight because of you."

"Maybe..." Rafe said with a grin, he started moving in my direction. "...maybe not. The thing is, I love how overprotective my wife is when it comes to me. I wouldn't mind that at all."

"Really?" I asked sincerely. "I hope you are not only saying these things because I have such a bad mood this morning."

"Why the bad mood, dear?" He inquired with a smile. I was surprised by his gesture when he suddenly kneed in front of me. "Is it because of my picture? Take it down so you will not have to worry about it."

"I am sorely tempted to do that," I answered him truthfully. "But it will not help to lessen my dark mood anymore." I picked up my phone on the bed and started to read the comments they posted. "Look at these comments. One had said: 'ohhh, so handsome'. The other one: 'OMG. I want him!!!'. Another one had commented: 'Damn, hot...hot...hot.'" I glared at him intensely. "This one nearly drives me crazy: 'So handsome like a sleeping angel. Hi, daddy.'"

He smiled slightly. I could swear he's only preventing himself from grinning like an idiot at the comments my followers posted. "I'm sure they are not serious about those comments, my wife. So loosen up, okay?"

I pointed my index finger in his face until it was inches away from his right eyes. "You are not allowed to create Instagram and any other social media accounts and then posted your pictures even if it's a life and death situation are we clear?"

He slowly removed my hand away from his face. "Yes, ma'am. You don't have to worry about it. I never thought of creating social media accounts before and it will not start to create one now."

"Good," I said with satisfaction.

"Which reminds me," He inserted smoothly. He took my hand and kissed it briefly. "Since I was so busy lately and we don't have time to ourselves since we came back from Sicily. I was wondering if you are busy this Saturday?"

I frowned slightly, staring at his light brown eyes. "I'm not sure. Why?"

He smiled at me endearingly. "I want to take you to a fancy date for a change. I should have done that before our wedding but we were not given the right opportunity. Are you free on Saturday night?"

I couldn't help but grin at him. Did he think that I would not cancel everything if I was busy that day? I would trade everything in a heartbeat just to be with him. "Even if I am not I will be free for you, honey."

"That's great to hear. I will give you a date a woman deserves carefully plan by her husband. I only hope you will like it."

"You are increasing my expectation, Rafe," I warned him playfully while staring at his face. "Are you sure you want to raise my expectation to this date you are planning? I take it hard when I'm disappointed."

He made a face and I nearly laugh out loud. "I certainly hope that you will not be disappointed this Saturday. I'm not an expert when it comes to planning a date but I will try my very best this time."

"I'm sure you will," I told him with conviction. In truth, even if everything turned into a disaster as long as he was by my side it would be fine. I never thought that being married would be fun. I should thank granddad for this marriage.

He glanced at his wristwatch. "I need to go, wife. Make yourself busy while I'm in the office, okay? I will try to be home by dinner." He lifted my chin until it was leveled to his and place a searing kiss on my lips. "See you tonight."

I only managed a single nod in his direction because my mind went blank again after he kissed me before he left our room. Once I was alone in the bedroom I glanced at my phone again and saw his picture likes went up again. I slightly cringed I was about to delete the photo when I suddenly change my mind. I would keep this photo and let them envy me for having such a wonderful husband.

I went out of the room to search for something that would keep me busy throughout the day. I was not in the mood to shop today. I was walking on the silent corridor when the last person I want to see turn up. I was about to turn back to the bedroom but he stop me.

"It seems that you are enjoying your married life more than I thought, Coco. I hardly see you since your wedding to that man."

My instincts told me to walk away and never start any conversation with him but my body didn't listen. I turned around to face him. "You have no idea, Blair. Being married to Rafe is the greatest thing that happened to my life."

He smiled acidly in my direction. "Such speech you have there, sweetheart. I thought you told me before that I am the one for you."

I glared at him immensely. "I never told you such a thing! You are just hallucinating yourself. Gosh man, get a life and stay away from me as much as possible."

He raised an eyebrow. "Do I get in your way? You must be mistaken, Coco. It was an accident that I bump into you today. Look..." He said, raising the book in his hand. "I only fetch a book in the library to read while waiting for Zoe."

"Whatever, Blair."

I was about to walk away from him. I only took two steps and he spoke again clearly not letting this chance slip without getting on my nerves. "As an old friend of yours, mind if I ask how your meeting with the Fiorenza twins was? I'm sure it was a blast."

I smiled at him with such saccharine sweetness. "They are lovely ladies. I think I get along with them just fine. Thank you for asking."

"You didn't feel any awkwardness while talking to them?" He inquired with his malicious tone. "I mean, don't get me wrong but we can't change the fact that they were your husband's ex. One twin was the ex-fiancée while the other one was the ex-love."

"Not at all," I informed him sweetly. "They don't have stink personalities like yours."

"That's good to hear, then. You should thank me because of me you met your husband's past as I think he will never introduce to you as his ex. I think he might introduce them as his childhood friend or something."

I threw him an acid look. "You are hallucinating yourself if you thought that I would thank you for that, Blair. Your intention in telling that information was anything but good. You thought if I learned about those Fiorenza twins it might ruin my marriage to Rafe. Well, sorry to disappoint you, you are mistaken."

"You are hurting me with your words, sweetheart."This snake had this innocent look in his eyes but sadly I knew him too well to fall for this bastard. "It seems that you care for this man such a shame I never knew this side of you before so everything might be different."

"Why do you care this side of me?" I asked vehemently.

"Because..." He said, his eyes turned seriously all of a sudden. "...you don't give a crap to anyone before. You are selfish you think no one is good enough for you. If you only show this side of you to me I might not be tempted to start an affair with Zoe."

I raised my middle finger in his direction. "My middle finger salutes you, Blair. Even if I'm a selfish bitch from hell you have no right to cheat with my cousin. Any woman but her! Your betrayal only proves that you don't deserve my love."

"Do you think your husband deserves your love?" He asked annoyingly. "Do you think he can return your love when the one he truly wants was the girl who got away from him? Do you think just because you came along in his life he will instantly forget his lost love? Think again, Coco. Don't be naïve."

"Back off," I warned him. "My relationship with Rafe doesn't concern you. SO I suggest mind your own business and back off."

I started to walk away from him when I heard him again with taunting words. "I only hate to see you hurt in the end because you realized he isn't capable of loving any other woman other than Laila Fiorenza."

I will not be affected by his words. I told myself repeatedly, as I went back to our room.

I will not...

I will...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
13.1K 681 25
CoCo Abelli is the last woman Rian Dalton wants to protect. A spoiled heiress to a designer shoe empire with a reputation for hard partying and getti...
691 84 33
Nate was tired of her husband who doesn't care about her and ignored her presence. She found solace in a man at her new workplace. She hesitated when...
442 18 14
Ace Vinci a powerful dominant and reckless CEO of the Vinci enterprises making him one of the most powerful men in the world. He has everything mon...