Breaking The Rules

By lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... More

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 38: No Happy Endings
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 52: Stay Crazy
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 55: Lost Battles
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 30: Not Turning Back

412 11 0
By lost_misfits

Hello people from outer space. How's your day. Mine was actually great, for my first day at a new school. I have to be honest, there was way more hot guys,at this school. So, hope you like this book. I've decided to not make a sequel, so your stuck with the ending that yall get, but don't worry that's a long time from here. That picture ^! Gtg.

You know that weird feeling you get when your super nervous? Like a million butterflys in your stomach are trying to desperately escape. Like you could throw up any minute, and no matter how warm it is in the room, inside you feel freezing, or no matter how cold it is, you can't stop sweating. Your heart is beating so hard, not fast, hard. A pressure is building in your chest, tugging at your lungs, begging to run away as fast as possible.

You know?

Well ,that's how I woke up at three o'clock in the morning. It was horrible and tears were raining down on my cheeks. I knew what I had to do, and I did it.

I pulled on some black sweat pants, a white shirt, and my jacket. I snuck out and...ran.

I ran to the forest as I thought about the dream. The dream that somehow meant more to me than any rule ever.

I was sitting against a tree, enjoying the light sun light that shun through the canopy of the jungle. That's when I noticed I didn't really know where I was? I stood up fast and looked around, craved in the trees wood was,

J.L

I ran my fingers over the wood and I was over powered by sudden sadness. I sat down and cried a good while, that was until I heard the snap of a twig.

I looked up sharply." Who's there?" I asked, wiping away the tears.

"Don't worry, it's only me sister. No need to be frightened." The voice said in the shadows.

"Show yourself, and then I will be the judge of whether to be frightened or not." I said, still sitting down.

"Have you forgotten me already sis?" The voice said, almost hurt. Slowly, but finally the shadow came into view, it was a young boy who appeared to be eight or nine, with blue eyes and light brown hair.

I stood up. I felt obligated to know the boy, but alas, I did not." I'm afraid so." I said sadly.

"I didn't expect you to. But I can help you with that." He said walking over to the tree. It was weird, he was acting weird. I didn't remember him, but he was just not acting like a nine year old.

"Are these your initials?" I asked as he ran his fingers over the letters as I did moments ago.

"Yes," He mindlessly said. "it was. It was my thinking tree."

"Was?" I asked, giving him a weird look.

"Wendy, there's a place in the forest. Its a shed, it has directions to where you need to go, it will lead you to your memories." He said, dismissing my question.

"But how will I know how to get to the shed? Will you be there?" I asked. He suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"No Wendy. Your going to have to do this on your own. I believe in you sis." I found myself hugging him back, tears clouding my vision.
"I miss you." He whispered.

That was it. It was tiny dream, that probably meant nothing. But I couldn't help but feel like it meant something, so I ran into the forest.

My legs guided me and my mind just spun with questions. It was dark and I used a flash light so I didn't fall flat on my face.

My throat burned with cold air and my lugs were on fire. My face was numb and I'm sure my ears fell off. My legs ached and my eyes watered. The only sound was my harsh breathing and crisp leafes crunching under my sneakers.

That boy in the dream knew me, and I knew that I used to know him. Confusing.

But how? I think I'm crazy. Like, legit. I'm crazy. Or maybe everyone else is and I'm the normal one. Who knows.

Something caught my foot and I came crashing down, knee first. Hard. My knee was crushed on the hard ground and a throbbing pain oozed from my knee.

"Damn!" I whispers to myself. As I slowly go to up limping, I saw something in front of me. It looked like a small house.

A shed.

I limped over to the shed and opened the door with a sharp creek. It was small with a office desk a leather chair and a painting of a island. I limped to the desk. On the desk was a single piece of paper.

On the paper was a flyer to, 'save the library!', it had directions to the library.  Were these the directions to my memories? It couldn't be!

"What!" I whispered yet again to myself.

"Something wrong love?" A voice said behind me. I jumped and turned around.

It was a man with sandy curls and blue eyes. He had a sheriff's badge on.

I looked wordless at him.

"Someone said they saw a suspicious figure running to the forest." He said, trying to explain. He looked down at my hands were holding the flyer.

"What do you have there?" He said pointing to my hands. I showed him ,and he grabbed it. Rude.

"The library? That's been closed for long now." He said handing it back. He looked suspiciously at me.

"Young lady, what are you doing out here?" He asked leaning against the door way. I knew he'd ask that. But to be honest I didn't have a on answers. Well, I dis but he'd think I'm crazy.

"I can't explain." I said sitting on the desk casually.

"Are you lost?" He asked looking me up and down.

"No."

"Running away?"

"No."

"Hiding?"

"No."

"Then what?" He said getting impatient.

"Looking for something." I said looking down at my hands.

"Did you find it?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I think so." I said slowly.

He nodded." Should I call your parents?" He asked.

I quickly sprang to my feet." No sir!"

"What do you suppose we do then?" He asked genuinely.

"Go our separately ways." I said rolling back on my heals.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." He said standing up straight up. He was obviously taller than me. By a long shot.

"Please, let's just act like this didn't happen." I said like a child.

"I have to take you in, I'm sorry." He said stepping forward.

"No!" I yelled with my hands up. "I haven't done anything illegal."

He raised an eyebrow. "That we know of?" He said.

"Please." It seemed like I repeated for the hundredth time.

"Give me a good reason and I'll let you go, and we can go our separate ways like you would said." He said, standing still.

"Okay." I said preparing my small speech in my head.

"Have you ever felt like you knew more than you actually knew. Like, you have another life. Your real life. Like something was missing. Like a piece of your heart." I said poking his chest.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked seriously.

"Well, wether you have felt that or not. Imagine. I'm just trying to find my heart. That missing part of me. I'm just trying to find it. That's all. I'm so close. Just let me go. Please. " I looked into his eyes and waited.

He started back, as if wanting to challenge me. Or maybe himself. Silently he moved out of the way, and I ran again. I ran so hard. Or in my case, limped. Not turning back. Never would I turn back after being so close.

So close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.5K 27
After Wendy Darling left Neverland and later died, Peter Pan was never the same. Heartbroken, he became dark and ruthless and replaced all his jolly...
45.1K 980 14
The sixteen year old Wendy Darling lives a decent life in London with her parents and her two little brothers. Everything seems to be normal, but in...
83K 3.5K 52
I guess you can say that I am unlucky. At least that is what I call myself. The one guy I ever liked has me friend zoned, my family thinks that I am...
45.8K 887 20
πŸ’šUnder Editing Separately πŸ’š Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...