Chapter 14: I can take care of myself

Hey guys ,so I missed my TV shows and I'm dead. Sorry if my writing may seem different because I'm mad about that so yeah basically that's. Chapter 14 ,here you go!

Running through the endless jungle tears staining my eyes as I run. My muscles ache and my mind burns with anger. How could he be so cruel? I should have left with Hook. Regretting my decisions won't help. I run faster.

I trip and fall ,scraping my hands and knees in the process. I groan in aggravation. I inspect the scarps and stand up ,patting the dirt off of me. I look around and realize I was lost ,and alone.

Feeling frustrated and tiered ,I sit down on a tree stump. My lips were numb and my throat was dry. Setting my elbows on my knees I put my face into my hands.

I was useless and weak. I tried to recover ,I tried to get better ,but somewhere along the way something went wrong ,I fall apart ,I'm lost again. Its always the same.

I wiped away my tears and stand up ,I will not let myself fall apart or be lost. As my breathing slows down a bit ,I could hear a faint thump ,like a drum. It wasn't the lost boys drum because I was far from there.

As I walk to the noise it gets louder ,and I began to hear voices. These were not the voices of the lost boys ,they were...grown ups.

I come to a clearing ,very much like the lost boys campsite ,but bigger. There were people dancing around a fire and drums playing. They were Indians!

I just watch them dancing and sing around the fire. I would like to say they looked happy ,but it was more of a troubled or even forced feeling of the camp ,not very happy. But it was different from how the lost boys danced.

This confused me greatly but I didn't dare to set foot in the camp ,for fear of what they might do. I just leaned against a tree watching them. It some how brought peace to my temperately broken heart and heated blood.

"You know you can't hide forever?" A voice said behind me. I turn around to see a boy ,he was a lost boy. I reach for my dagger in my pocket but it was gone. "Did Peter send you?" I ask looking at him with suspicion.

He smirked a little. "No." He said. He had brown curly hair and brown eyes. "How'd you find me?" I ask rising my eyebrow. "I tracked you." He said ,lifting a small piece of cloth from my shirt. "I fell." I said calmly.

"Who are you?" I say walking around him with a finger on my lips. "I just arrived ,on a...pirate ship. My name's Baelfire." He said looking down. "A pirate ship?" I say rising an eyebrow. I knew exactly what he was saying.

"Is it still here!" I ask with wide eyes. "No ,afraid not." He said faintly. My expression soon drops and I lean back against a tree. "Why did you run away from the camp ,its dangerous." He said looking around. I turn my head and cross my arms looking at the dancing Indians ,and smile. "Peace." I say ,the mention of the word kissing my lips.

"Why are you here ,on this island?" He asked drawing my attention towards him. "I was lonely." I say with a sad smile. "Well ,it doesn't look like much has changed." He said hinting at me being out here ,alone. I chuckle. "Yeah ,I guess your right." I say looking down.

"What's your name anyway." He asked. I looked up and gave him a smile. At least one thing has changed ,he wasn't afraid of me."Wendy." I say out stretching my arm. He took my hand and shook it. "We should probably head back to camp." I say walking back into the now dark jungle. "You know where to go. Right?" I say with a laugh. "Yeah." He said leading us back to camp.

When we finally get back to camp Baelfire and I sit on a log and eat ,Peter playing the pipe and the lost boys dancing. I cringe every time Peter looks at me. I knew he was staring at me ,I could feel his burning gaze.

I didn't look up from my feet ,I just sat quietly next to Baelfire. "You know ,you can talk?" Baelfire said mocking me. "I know ,its just I don't want to." I lie. "What ever you say." He said with a smile. "Well ,I'm going to bed." He said standing up. "But its so early?" I say suspicious. "Let's just say ,I've got something to do." He said with a clever smile ,as he walked away.

I look back at my feet and remain quite. "So that's where you were?" A voice said behind me. I look up to see Peter. "What do you care." I say looking at the flams in front of me. "That's not what I asked." He hissed annoyed. I take a deep breath. "No ,he found me." I say over my shoulder ,forced by the harshness of his words.

"What does it matter anyway ,can't you feel my presents on the island?" I say looking up at him. His expression changed. "Can't you?" I ask again ,squinting my eyes. "Of course I can." He said snapping at me with anger. For a moment it was silent.

Although ,to my surprise ,Peter grabs my wrist and pulled me up to his face. I could feel his warm breath grazing my cold cheek. My heart was thumping in my chest ,but I dare not break the silence between me and him. "Your hurt." He breathed. I look down at my scraped hands and knees. "Its just a scarp." I say pulling my wrist away. Peter seemed angry.

"It could have been worst ,Wendy." He said with fire in his eyes ,his voice elevating. "And? I can take care of myself." I say with my hands on my hips. "Don't do that again ,ever." He said in a demanding tone. I laugh ,he didn't control me. "Okay ,dad." I say mockingly. An evil smile was brought upon his face.

"You can't go anywhere Wendy. This is my island ,and no one gets off of it without my permission. So no matter how tough you think you are ,remember ,this is my island and you are on it. I own you!" He said hysterically ,while pointing at the ground with an evil grin.

"You know Peter ,you really are a monster." I say marching to Johnson's tent ,Peter's eyes following me. I don't understand how Peter can be nice one minute ,and then a complete different person the next. It doesn't make any sense!

Okay ,so Baelfire was brought into the story ,but before anyone goes crazy ,no ,there will be no relationship between Wendy and him at all ,except for friends. And the little clip thing at the top is the part where I said "Peter's eyes following me" in the last paragraph, just a bit of info. So this was the chapter ,so yeah. Bye my Darlings! Vote comment and follow!

Breaking The RulesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara