Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts

Okay real quick. I wanna say thank you to all of you! I mean, c'mon, almost 4K, that's amazing! Yall have no idea h happy I get. And up to 200 votes. Wow. Just wow. Yall make my day, and my month, and my year, and my life. Really. I love you guys.

You must admit, it can be hard concentrating in class. Especially when you have something big to do after school. It was Friday, the day Gram and I would meet after school, and visit the library.

I was impatient, and wasn't focused on the boring math. I checked the clock hanging on the wall, 3:26. Four more minutes.

I tapped my pencil and waited.

I told Regina yesterday that Sheriff Gram was interviewing me for the, 'lost boy case'. She believed and let me go. I hate to say it, But she was pretty gullible.

The bell rang and everyone left in a hurry.

"Hey Wendy!" Someone called from behind me. I turned around and saw Kadence rushing towards me, trying to avoid pushing as many people as possible.

"Hey." I said as she walked next to me.

"So, what are you doing after school?" She asked with a smirk.

"Nothing really. Probably just gonna stay home and be boring." I shrugged as we walked down stairs.

"Great, how about-" I cut her off.

"No Kadence. No party." I said firmly.

"Oh, come on." She said with a weak smile.

"Nope." I said walking outside.

"Okay. See you Monday!" She yelled as I walked down the sidewalk.

"See you Monday!"

I sat at a both alone at Grany's, waiting for Gram. It was 3:52 by now. Its not like he would be here exactly at four.

"Can I get you something?" Ruby asked. She was the one who designed my bed room. I met her once. We were around the same age. She was nineteen and I was seventeen.

"No thank you." I said with a wave and smile.

She slide into the both across from me. "Come on, I need something to do around here." She said jokingly.

"I'm sorry Rudy, I'm not really hungry." I said with a smile.

She sighed."I hate to pull this card, but... Dr. Whale said if you were ever in the diner, to get you the fattest thing on the menu. We have a lot of that, But I recommend the all meat grilled cheese." She said raising an eyebrow.

I laughed." I don't have anything to pay you."

She stood up. "Its fine, we'll put it on Regina's tab."

I smiled as she walked away.

I heard the sound of the bell ringing at the door. I looked up and saw a man with pale brown hair that fell on his shoulders, dark brown eyes that would scare off any person who looked too deep into them, and a cane, that he held firmly in his hand.

He was intimidating, and as soon as people saw who was at the door, they averted their eyes to their plates and friends. I felt like I knew him, like he knew me. But the feeling of knowing him was not a good feeling, it was a feeling of fear, hatred, and annoyance. I wanted to hide myself, but also kind of wanted to punch him in the throat.

But I decided to hide behind the menu. Punching a 'stranger' in the face would be impulsive, and stupid. I knew this.

He continued to walk to the counter, limping. I pretended to be interested in the menu for as long as possible, but damn, it's a flipping diner menu.

I lifted my eyes over the menu, and made eye contact with him. I looked down, and he approached.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen you around?" I looked up at the man and put on my best smile.

"No, you probably haven't. I'm...new." I wasn't sure what to say. I've physically been here for two years, but only mentally here for a week.

"New?" He chuckled lightly, "We don't have many new faces around Storybrooke. I'm Mr. Gold." He said extending his arm out to me.

"Wendy." I said as I shook his hand. He hummed a yes in his throat and pulled away.

"Well, what brings you to Storybrooke?" He said leaning against his cane.

"Its complicated." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"When do you plan on leaving?" He impatiently said.

"Not sure. I might not ever leave. After all, I can't remember anything." I blurted out.

His expression seemed to soften. "Why do you ask?" I leaned back comfortably.

"No reason, just general curiosity." He said in a hushed tone.

Ruby swerved around Mr. Gold with a plate and drink in hand. Mr. Gold moved out of her way.

"I guess I'll see you around Wendy." He said as a number order was called out.

"Guess so." I said with a fake smile.

"What was that about?" Ruby asked.

"I honesty don't know. Who his that guy anyway?" I asked as he walked out the diner.

"That's Mr. Gold. He owns Storybrooke." I gave her a confused look.

"He owns all the land on Storybrooke. I mean, yeah, Reginas the Mayor and all, but nothing can be done, without Golds permission."

I nodded and then looked at the diner door. There stood Gram, scanning the room for me. I waved at him and he came to sit down.

"Hey Gram." Ruby smiled.

"Ruby." He greeted.

Ruby walked away and Gram sat in the both bench across from me.

I eyed my plate but pushed it away finally. I was to distracted to eat right now. I turned my attention to Gram and pulled out the library flyer.

"What exactly are we gonna do?" I raised an eyebrow.

He seemed shocked, "I thought You knew?"

"I'm just kind of winging it." I said playing with my hair.

He sighed. "We should start at the hospital, maybe Jacob can tell us something."

"Jacob?" I said throwing my hair.

"The boy you found." He said standing up.

"Okay, let's start there." I numbered

I wanted to go, see the boy. But at the same time I didn't. But he was the only one who could tell me who I am. Who I was. But what if who I was, was something I didn't want to be. I thought too hard on this subject some nights. Swirling in my mind.

My own thoughts were drowning.

Sorry about the short chapter. I brought Rumple back.
Just remember, he was the only person besides Regina to have his memories during the curse. Sooooo, that might turn into something. Idontknowmaybemaybenot whoknowsmaybenever.