Chapter 12: Scars

Hey guys ,wazz up. So we reached 200 readers. I know it might not seem like a lot but you gotta start somewhere. I did write something before this but is was like the worst ,and only got 80 readers and I deleted it,so when I got 200 I was soo happy. Something small can just as much be able to grow ,as a seed of a tree can. So here you go ,chapter 12.

Walking side by side with Peter in the jungle ,with nothing but the sound of the heels of my boots that were in my hand. "So ,do you control Neverland ,or something?" I ask looking down. It was obviously a little more awkward than I had planed. I could sense him roll his eyes. "I thought you wanted to walk in silence?" He said annoyed ,and regretting agreeing to walk with me. "Yeah ,your right." I say lowering my voice ,my confidence dwelling into the back of my mind.

Peter took a deep breath. "Yes ,I do ,basically." He says ,staring straight ahead. "Well...that's ,cool." I say awkwardly. He chuckles. "I guess you could say that." He says smiling at the ground. I smile quietly to myself. "You know Peter ,I had a book ,about you." I say laughing a little. "Really?" Peter says ,more amused than confused.

"Yeah ,and you were way different in the book." I say playfully punching his shoulder. "And how so?" He ask raising his eyebrow. I find it hard to find the words to tell him this. "Well ,you didn't kill people ,or put them in cages ,and you didn't seem scary ,you were like a playful child going with the winds ,and the lost boys weren't so ,well ,strange." I say getting lost in the thought of the book I admired for so long.

"I was a hero." He said chuckling humorlessly ,looking at nothingness ,thinking.

I feel down ,the pain on my foot quickly forcing my body to the ground. This is what I get for not wearing shoes. I cry out in pain ,the sting of blood trickling down my foot. I grab my foot clenching my teeth. I had steeped on a rigid sharp rock.

Peter seemed almost unfazed as I sat on the earthly jungle floor. He seemed almost annoyed. He crouched next to me ,ticking his tongue. "Now look what you did." He says mockingly. "Ha ha ,funny ,but I'm okay." I sat rolling my eyes. "Oh really?" He say standing back up. "Yes really." I mange as I attempted to stand up ,but fail ,falling down.

"That's what I thought." He said crouching back down to me. He garbs my foot ,and there's a slight sting than a cool feeling of relief spreads across my stiff body. "Thanks." I say quickly before standing up. "I would put those boots on ,with your clumsiness no telling." He says with a smirk. "I just love your jokes Peter." I say giving a sarcastic wide smile. "And it will leave a scar." He says without any expression. Just great.

I put my boots on and we start walking again. The rest of the walk was silence ,but that's what I had wished ,I guess. When we arrive at the camp ,it was like we had been gone for a minute , nothing was different. Boys were playing , and Felix was being a loner , just sitting on a log looking into the fire.

It was almost sun set ,and I would have to say ,it had been a good day. Peter walked off as always and I just watched him as he did so. Peter for the most part ,was distant and didn't open up ,but I loved a challenge.

I walked over to the fire and sat by Felix on the log. He looked at me briefly than looked back at the fire. "What do you want?" He says with tone of aggravation. "Nothing." I say looking at the fire. "Look ,I don't know who you think you are ,but don't play with me little girl." He says looking at with a business tone.

"Who ever said I was?" I say with a mocking a smirk ,that was obviously getting on his nerves. He rolled his eyes from under the tunnel of his hood. He grabbed my wrist and looked me straight in the eyes ,I just stared back at him with a smirk. The sun was gone now ,and it was dark ,with nothing but the shining moon.

"I can see it." He say quietly ,not backing down. "What?" I say ,my facial expression changing to confused. "The scars on your wrist." He says plainly ,letting go of my wrist. I look down and run my fingers over my wrist.

"They look deep." He says ,just looking into the fire. I think back to the time when I wasn't...well. I was in a dark place , and I thought that was all I could do. I stopped a long time ago when Mrs.Keplen caught me ,and made me go to a therapist.

"It must have hurt." He says with no trace of remorse of starting the conversation. Tears threatened to fall ,tracing the clouds of my thoughts. "It did." I breath out. "Than why'd you do it?" He says standing up. "Loneliness." I say bluntly ,hiding behind a sad smirk. "They'll never get us Wendy ,were special." He says walking away. Special indeed.

What was that about? It was kind of weird. Traces of sleepiness outline each blink. I walk over to Johnson ,tapping his shoulder. "What is it ,sis?" He says with a smile. "I'm tired ,and going to bed." I say crossing my arms. "Oh ,well , I'll show you the tent." He said walking to a brown cloth tent opening it. "I made you a little floor bed." He said with a shy smile. "Thank you Johnson." I say.

He walked out of the tent ,and I sat on the pile of blankets on the ground ,and took my boots off. I crawled under the blankets and closed my eyes ,hoping that the crys would maybe take a break tonight. It was silent ,with nothing but the faint voices of the boys. Soon I fell asleep. Maybe for once in my life ,I wouldn't be alone ,maybe this really is home.

I feel like this chapter is really ,meh. This chapter was just like random to me ,but I tried. I'm sooo happy there is a new guy at my school ,and he doesn't make me want to barf! Okay that was only a little immature. So hope you guys liked this chapter. Goodbye my Darlings.
Vote ,comment ,and follow.