The Only One That Cared

Von Say_what

Ivy Walker is the school's enemy. She has a reputation for being... different. Her contrasting features earne... Mehr

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1- Don't Cry!
Chapter 2- The not-so Soulmate
Chapter 3- The Aftershock
Chapter 4- Just Friends?
Chapter 5- Owen's POV- Don't Be Mad, But...
Chapter 6- Unexpected Outcome
Chapter 7- Emotions (Ivy's And Owen's POVs)
Chapter 8- Too Far
Chapter 9- Eating Lunch Inside
Chapter 10- Confused
Chapter 11- Words Cannot Describe
Chapter 12- Asleep
Chapter 13- Careless
Chapter 14- Last Day of Junior Year
Chapter 15- The Beginning of Endless Days
Chapter 16- So This Is What I get?
Chapter 17- Encounters at the Park
Chapter 18- First Day of Senior Year
Chapter 19- Kiss and Tell
Chapter 20- He Changed His Mind
Author's Note:
Chapter 21- Not As It Appears
Chapter 22- Prisoner
Chapter 24- Today I Learned...
Chapter 25- Coming Home
Author's Note

Chapter 23- And So He Knows

106 3 0
Von Say_what

Chapter 23

Owen's POV

“Dude, I heard she ran away but she made it seem like a kidnapping.”

“No, I heard she's been sent off to a boarding school against her will. The neighbors that called the police didn't know it was just a fight."

“Well, I heard that she was shipped off to an insane asylum because her family couldn't take her anymore. She was on a rampage that night!”

Talk of Ivy was inescapable. Two nights ago, the cops showed up at Ivy's house in the middle of the night and Ivy wasn't seen after that. In a town as small as this one, word spreads like wildfire.

Every second of not knowing where Ivy is adds so much to my already-heavy heart. I can feel my heart beat slower everyday she's not with me. I can't keep any food down, I can't concentrate, I can't fall asleep even with Emilie in my arms. When I do get a moment of sleep, I only dream about Ivy and her being locked up somewhere, tortured and starving. I hear her screams as if she were in front of me.

I need her to come home, wherever she is.

People began noticing my health decline, even though they never said anything about it. I could feel their stares behind my back, but I don't care. I need Ivy.

The sudden ringing of a bell brought me out of my thoughts. I was at school again. Yet another day without Ivy. Henry and Luis were saying something. What were they saying.? “You okay, man?” Henry said, “You seem kind of out of it. Something wrong?”

I forced myself to smile despite all the inner-turmoil I'd been feeling. “No, I'm good. I just have a lot of stress with this Alpha stuff I've got to do.”

Henry and Luis exchanged a glance. “So speaking of Alpha stuff,” Henry said nonchalantly, “Who do you think will be your Beta?” I was caught off guard with his question. “Me, right? Owen, we've been together since pre-school!”

“No way! It's me, right? I'm way more responsible than Henry!” Luis argued.

“I'm undecided,” I said tiredly.

“Well then what about Emilie?” Henry asked. I raised a brow. “I mean, no offense, but we don't really think she'll be a good Alpha Fema-”

I had him pinned against the nearest wall before he could finish his sentence. “Don't you ever say anything like that about Emilie again. She is my mate and you will obey her. Understood?” I let him go and faced Luis. “You got something to say, too?” He shook his head.

They backed away from me angrily. Alpha Tone wasn't something I liked to use on my friends, but this had to be the exception. Henry gave me a disgusted look, while the betrayal radiated off of him and Luis. “You've changed, man,” Henry said darkly, “You can forget about me being you second in command.”

“Yeah me too,” Luis added, “Don't think that just because Henry doesn't want to do it, I do.”

I laughed bitterly. “Cocky much? I never even wanted you two to be my Beta.”

I could feel Henry's temper flare. His eyes became darker, his fists clenched. I felt him trying to challenge me. I let a low growl to warn him of my power, but he still engaged. “Cocky? Owen, you of all people should know a thing or two about cocky. I mean, have you looked at yourself lately? Your presence screams arrogance! And just because you're the Alpha, it doesn't mean you can stomp over all of us!”

I noticed that a small crowd of humans and lycans had gathered around us. I turned back to Henry and found him shaking, as if he were having trouble containing his wolf. Bad time to shift, I told him though mind-link, but that only made him more mad.

“You fucking-” He didn't even finish his own sentence as he came lunging towards me. I stepped away in time and he came hitting the ground. He stood up and wiped his bleeding lip. Again he came running to me, but I dodged out of the way and tripped him. All the humans watched I awe because this all happened within seconds. He stood up again and faced me with cold eyes. “Aren't you going to fight back?!” He demanded to know.

I scoffed. “Why? You know I'll just win.” All the humans surrounding us thought I was insulting Henry, but the others knew I wasn't lying. “But if you really want me to fight you, then I will. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.” I uncrossed my arms and stood in a defensive position. He tried to kick me, put I caught his leg and twisted it painfully, until he was screaming. I let go of his leg and picked him up by his shoulders. I made sure he saw my wicked smile when I threw him halfway across the courtyard. The moment he stood up again, I snapped.

“Trying to fight me again, Henry?” I yelled, “Don't you know who you're messing with?”

“Prick,” Henry spat.

This time my anger got the best of me and I was the one running to him. Since his reflexes weren't as good as mine, I nailed him right in the gut with my foot. He seemed dazed for a moment from the pain but when he came to, his fist connected with my mouth.

My wolf was threatening to surface now and I felt myself shaking from his nearing presence. “I am Alpha,” I said lowly, my voice darker because of my wolf, “I control you, dog.” I sent my fist to his jaw and then his right eye, causing him to hiss in pain.

“There's a teacher coming!” Someone warned. Everyone scattered, so they wouldn't be late to 1st period and instigating a fight.

Needless to say, Henry and I both got 3 days of out-of-school suspension. Henry was ordered to pack border control for the days that he was suspended, plus the weekend, by my dad. On top of that, he had a purple eye and a broken jaw (but it would heal in a week or two).

I tried to sleep during the days that I was suspended, but all I kept dreaming was of Ivy. I was getting more and more hysterical as the days passed, enough so that others started noticing it.

“Babe, what's wrong? You've been acting really weird lately,” said one night.

“I'm fine,” I lied. But then the burden of not sharing my pain hit me. “Actually... I'm not.”

Emilie sat up in bed with concern. I knew I couldn't tell her everything, but I had to get the problem with Ivy off my chest.

“Ivy's disappearance has me worried,” I said. “She's not officially part of the pack, but where is she? Where could she be? I don't understand.” The pain of her absence hit me once again, but I felt obligated to say something bad so Emilie wouldn't find anything suspicious. “Do you think she's plotting against the pack?”

Emilie seemed alarmed. “What? Well, I don't know! Where the hell is she? That mutt always knows how to start drama...”

When Emilie was asleep, I decided to go out for a run as my wolf. It took more effort than normal to shift into my wolf than I remembered, but I needed a run to clear my head. I ran to Ivy's home to see if she was possibly there and I knew I was only kidding myself when I saw her mother out in the back patio, crying to herself. 

Ivy is really gone, I realized, and I need to get her back.

The next day we were surprised when Chris and mate, Halley, showed up. They decided to come home for winter break. I felt better knowing the only two people that knew my secret were with me. 

“We heard about her disappearance,” Halley said, “We're so sorry.”

“Thanks,” I said numbly. “But what should I do?” We were in my sound-proof office, so others wouldn't overhear our conversation.

Chris got up from the leather couch. “If Halley had gone missing, I'd send a search party!”

“Yeah, but don't you think starting a search party for someone that isn't even in the pack would look suspicious?” I asked.

“Well, she is joining the pack, right?” Chris said, “That seems like enough reason for me.”

~~~~~~~

Rixon's POV

“That was the Alpha from the Night's Edge pack. Apparently their little Ivory is missing and their sending a search party across the nation,” Ryan growled after he hung up the phone, “Do you know what that means? It means they're going to come through here in four days. This leaves us four days to get everything together.”

“Right,” I said nervously, “Where should we start?”

“We'll need to order grass to cover up the plant-less swards around here. And we need to make sure the dungeon stays hidden, am I clear?”

I nodded. The dungeon wasn't really a dungeon, but more of a hidden cave far away from the town and any civilization. The mountain side was hidden amongst the thick trees and plants. From afar, you'd never see the difference in the plant, and up close you could easily miss the narrow path leading to the entrance. The entrance was another work of genius, as it was completely covered with a boulder that looked like part of the mountain. It slid open with a remote.

The dungeon has never been found by any pack members and certainly not by any pack inspectors. And even if pack members did happen to find the dungeon, they'd never report it because Ryan has them all trained like puppies. In exchange for their loyalty, the pack members get a feast every once in a while. There's never enough food around here so everybody is happy to go to bed with a full stomach- even if only for one night a month.

“Rixon!” Ryan's voiced sounded over the walkie-talkie. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I had almost begun to think that he had forgotten about me. “I need my planner on my desk and I need you to bring it to me. I'm in front of the pack house. Rixon? Answer me goddammit.”

“I'm on it,” I replied hastily. I retrieved the planner and rushed downstairs, knowing what the consequence of my tardiness would be. When I reached him, I saw he was sweating and slightly dirty. Oh, so he did do his job? But only when necessary of course.

He snatched the planner from me without so much as a 'thank you.' He scanned over the planner and glanced at me, “The front gates need to be cleared. Send Sonic to o it. Oh wait I sent him to the dungeon, didn't I? I'll go get him myself. Follow me, Rixon.”

Sirens went off in my head. The girl is in the dungeon and he would see her! “Oh, um, you should stay here! I'll go get her.”

Ryan eyed me suspiciously. “I was going to go talk to the old hag about Ivory...”

I looked away. “Right,” I mumbled in defeat. There was no point in arguing Ryan. The closer we go to the dungeon, the more my breathing labored. He was going to find her. Death is going to be too kind a punishment. Oh no, Ryan would do much more than kill me...

When we were outside the dungeon, Ryan inhaled deeply. “I can smell her!” He hurried inside and sure enough, he found her. I braced myself for what I thought was to come, but he only stared at her. “Ivory? Is that really you?” he said, “oh wow you're beautiful. Rixon, why is she here?”

I cleared my throat. It's time to explain yourself, Rixon, my wolf said sarcastically. “I-I brought her here b-because I thought it would be a n-n-nice surprise,” I said nervously. I was going to present her to you earlier, but the search party got in the way and I didn't know where else to hide her.”

“Rixon, she looks starved,” He said, far too calm. The calm before the storm, I reminded myself.

“She was that thin when I brought her! Every time I brought her food, she refused to eat. See, the corner of the cell over there? All the food is starting to spoil,” I defended.

“Well my love, you're beautiful,” Ryan spoke to the girl, ignoring me. “I'm sorry you had to be inhere for such a long time.” He turned to me and smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. “Thank you, my brother for bringing her to me. Ivory, unfortunately you have to stay in here for a bit longer. I'm sorry my love, you'll have to forgive me. Does that sound okay?”

She didn't reply, but she never took her cold eyes off of me.

When we exited the dungeon with Sonic in tow, Ryan sighed in relief- from both the stench and because of Ivy. “She's finally here! Where she belongs with me. Rixon, prepare a room for her in the pack house. Tomorrow night I'm making her mine.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N]: OK GUYS ANOTHER UPDATE WHOOP WHOOP!!!1!!1!1!☺☺☺☺

cliff hanger, kinda!

I realize some of you might be anxious/impatient for the whole love stuff between Ivy and Owen to happen but TRUST ME IT'S COMING SOON ;)

Erm, what else? Oh yeah, I know I said I would write a lot this summer but I completely forgot. I will update a lot more soon. Right now, I'm in the middle of moving so we're packin and shtuff so wait till we get all settled and whatnot nothing else. I think

wut   bYE ♥

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

433K 11K 26
Ivy's life was not always like this - abused and isolated. She once had everything she wanted, a family. But ever since the death of her twin sister...
3.1K 24 21
Ash Cage the cocky new kid to Bainsbridge Secondary College Brooke Sharp the normal every day teenager who hates Ash's guts. What happens when these...
206K 2.3K 31
Anabel has never had a relationship, never had her first kiss, never been in love, but all that changes when she meets the man of her dreams, Lewis...
218 64 23
A half. Half werewolf. When Stan and his pack finds Ivy things turned around for her. Just as she thinks being a half and hanging out with wolves ar...