What A Rush

Von FangirlKnight

Abby Wambach gets hurt in a game and might not be able to continue playing. So Jill brings in a new recruit... Mehr

The New Kid
Rough Trip
Club Night
Day Off
Weights and Games
Ice Baths and Headers
Injuries and Interviews
Goals and Sisters
Games and Slang
Blood and Assists
Mozart and PK's
A Visit Home
Posts and Pools
Revenge and Attacks
News and Scars
Recoveries and Flights
Hello?
Silence and Phone Calls
Banged Up and Dog Requests
Friendships and Hospital Trips
Pick Up and Harsh Conversations
Small Talk and Puppy Adoption
Thanksgiving and Old Pianos
Broken Noses and Sick Days
Birthdays and a Rising Sun
Studios and Babysitting
Permission and Jerseys
Early Christmas and New Puppies
Kitchen Dancing and Spanish Bars
Pancakes and Secret Boxes
New Kids and Bad Turf
Nicknames and Pep Talks
Walks and Doctors Appointments
Sprints and Wedding Invitations
Weddings and First Game Back
Olympic Finals and Baby Names
Hostile and Arguments
Pain Medication and No More Coffee
Twins and New Videos
Twins and Dizziness
Due Dates and Green Eyes
Two Years and Big Days
Letters From Old Friends

Couch Naps and Perfect Plans

5.7K 121 7
Von FangirlKnight

-Emily-

I stood in the stands with my purple Rush jersey on, bouncing up and down on my toes. Kelley stood beside me, her Rush jersey matching mine. Rush, 28. Little asshole stole my number.

I watched as the starters took the field, seeing Raphael take the center midfielder position. I was proud of him, but I was also pissed. The ref blew his whistle, as the game started.

---

So after the ninety minutes were up, my cousin had scored a hat trick. I was happy, but I wasn't going to talk to him. He did good, but not good enough for me to forgive him.

I watched as he signed things and took pictures. Taking a deep breath, I spun on my heel and headed for the parking lot.

He didn't need to know that I was here. I was just another fan in the crowd, I was just here to watch.

I was just a fan.

---

"Emily Jane Rush!" I heard Kelley yell. Raising my eyebrows, I grew worried. Running downstairs, I saw Kelley with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We had wedding planning, where were you?" She asked, as I face palmed myself.

"I was running an errand." I said, as she sighed. "But I think you're going to be okay with what I did. Okay, just let me show you." I said, and she nodded.

Jogging upstairs, I grabbed an object off of my bedside table. Running back downstairs, I bit my lip.

"Ready?" I asked, and she nodded. Opening the small box, I showed Kelley the engagement ring I had bought her. Her eyebrows quirked up, and I smiled. "You got me a gorgeous engagement ring, and now I got you one." I said. It was a ring with a medium sized diamond in the middle, as two smaller ones were on the band.

"It's beautiful." She said, smiling at me. "I forgive you for missing planning." She said, and I smiled. Pulling out the ring, I placed it on her finger. She smiled at me, as I pecked her lips. "Hmm, okay come on." She said, pulling me to the couch.

I sat down, as she fell into my lap. Kelley wrapped her arms around my neck, and stretched her legs out across mine.

"So, flowers." She said, as I nuzzled my head into her neck.

"Roses?" I asked.

"No." She mumbled.

"Daisies?"

"No." She mumbled again.

"Lilies?" I asked.

"No." She said, as I tried to think of more flowers. "Lilacs." She said.

"What?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Lilacs. You smell like ocean and lilacs." She said, and I smiled.

"Okay, lilacs. Are we both wearing dresses?" I asked.

"I like that idea." She said, and I nodded. "Bridesmaids?" She asked.

"Okay first, made of honor's?" I asked.

"I should probably have Erin be mine." Kelley mumbled. "But I also want Christen to be mine." She said, resting her head against my chest.

"Who are you gonna pick?" I asked, kissing her forehead.

"Erin, and Christen will be my first bridesmaid." Kelley said, and I nodded.

"I want Alex to be my made of honor." I said, and she nodded. "Ash would never be a bridesmaid, so um. I'm not sure." I said, and she nodded.

"I'm tired." Kelley mumbled against my cheek, as I let a small smile fall on my lips.

"It's, five. Do you what to go to bed now?" I asked, and she sighed.

"I don't know." She mumbled.

I kissed her forehead, and then pulled her all the way up onto my lap. She wrapped her legs around my waist, as I stood up from the couch. Walking us into the kitchen, I sat Kelley down onto the counter top. She groaned out, as I pulled out some coffee grounds. Putting them into the coffee pot, I started the pot. Walking back over to Kelley, I stood between her legs.

"Two weeks." She mumbled, and I smiled.

"Two weeks." I said, placing a small kiss on her forehead. "Hey." I said, as she opened her eyes to look at me. "I love you." I said, and she smiled.

"I love you too." She said.

Hearing barking, I turned my head. Nike came running into the kitchen, as I bent down to pick her up. Scooping her into my arms, I smiled at her. I then heard more barking, as Kai came running into the kitchen.

Kai has gotten huge since Christmas when we got him. I quickly handed Nike to Kelley, as Kai crashed into me. I fell back onto my butt, as Kai began licking my face.

"Kai!" I yelled out, as he pushed his wet nose against my cheek.

Kelley was laughing, as Nike barked. I rubbed Kai's ears, and pushed him away from me. Brushing the dog slobber off my face, I washed my hands quickly. Taking the pot of coffee, I poured two cups. Handing one to Kelley, I lifted her off the counter.

"You smell like dog." Kelley said, as we walked into the living room.

"Thanks." I mumbled, as she smiled. We went and sat on the couch, as Kelley turned on ESPN. Nike jumped up onto Kelley's lap, as Kai jumped into mine. I groaned out, as the large dog nuzzled his head across my lap. Kelley smiled at me, as I quickly pecked her lips.

"I can't believe he's sitting on you like that." Kelley said, and I laughed.

"He's still a puppy at heart." I said, and she laughed now.

"Of course he is." She said.

"Just like how you're a child at heart." I said, as she pouted at me. She picked up a pillow and hit me with it, messing up my hair.

"You love my childish side." She pouted.

"Yah, I do." I said, glancing at her. "I really do."

---

Opening my eyes, I groaned out. We had fallen asleep on the couch. Pushing Kai lightly, he jerked awake. The puppy jumped off my lap, as I gently shook Kelley. She groaned out, and threw a pillow at me. Glaring at her, I shook her again.

"What?" She whined.

"We gotta head to the pitch." I said, and she groaned.

"Fine." Getting off of the couch, I stared down at Kelley. Sighing out, I picked her up off the couch. "No." She groaned out.

"We have practice." I said, walking us up the stairs. Walking into our bedroom, I tossed Kelley onto the bed. Grabbing our Sky Blue warm ups, I tossed them at Kelley. She groaned out, and sat up on the bed.

"Can you toss me a pair of-" She started, as I threw a pair of spandex at her. "Thanks." She mumbled. I tugged my shirt off, and quickly put on a sports bra. Tugging on my warm up, I sighed out as it into went down to the middle of my stomach.

"You have my warm up." I said, turning to look at Kelley. She laughed at me, and tossed me my warm up. I handed her hers, and then tugged mine on.

After we got dressed, the two of us headed downstairs. Kelley poured us two cups of coffee, and put lids on the paper containers. I grabbed an apple and a banana, and headed towards the door. Grabbing my coat, I pulled it on. Kelley got her cost on, as I tugged on my boots and beanie. The two of us headed out to the car, as Kelley got in the drivers seat.

Once we got to the pitch, I jumped out of the car. Grabbing our bags, we then headed out to the pitch. Our teammates smiled at us, as I bit into my apple.

"Hey you two!" Sam Kerr yelled at us.

"Hey." Kelley said, as I waved.

"So." Sam said, her Australian accent thick. "Am I invited to the wedding?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Of course you are." I said, my words muffled by my apple.

"Sweet." She said, and went over the bench. We followed, as I sat down to put my compression sleeve on. Pulling the mesh material over my muscle, I then put my boots on. Tying up my new nike hypervenoms, I then threw on my sweatshirt. Running out onto the field, I tapped a ball to my left. Flicking it up into the air, I then began to juggle.

"It's almost like you didn't miss a whole month of playing." Tasha said. I smiled, and kicked the ball up into the air. Watching it, I then bent over and caught it on the back of my neck.

"She's like brand new." Sam said. I smiled, and rolled the ball off my neck. Catching it on my foot, I then threw it up into the air. Juggling off my shoulders, I heard my team scoff. "What torn quad muscle? Huh." Sam said, as everyone laughed. Kelley walked over to me, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Take it easy, okay?" Kelley said, and I nodded. Catching the ball on my foot, I then let it fall to the ground. Our coach walked out, smiling at all of us.

"Okay, let's practice."

-Kelley-

After practice, Emily and I headed home. She had a great practice, and her leg didn't seem to bother her. Parking the car, I grabbed my bag from the back. Emily grabbed hers, as we headed inside. Emily went into the kitchen, as I hung up my coat. She kicked off her boots, and shook the snow from her hair.

"Coffee, coffee, coffee." Emily said, rubbing her hands together.

I laughed, and headed into to kitchen behind her. She quickly started the coffee maker, as I slipped my hands around her waist.

"Well hello." She said, as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Hey." I said. She spun around, pulling me into her.

I smiled at her, and locked my lips with hers. She smiled into the kiss, and ran her hands over my abs. Wrapping my arms around Emily's neck, I pulled her closer into me.

"Nice practice today." I said, as she began to kiss up my neck.

"Thanks." She mumbled against my skin, her breath hot on my neck.

I lifted my head up, as she kissed under my ear. Emily sucked on the skin between my jaw and ear, sending chills down my spin. She grabbed my legs, as I jumped up. Wrapping my legs around her waist, she sat me on the counter top. Emily pulled me into her, and then began walking us out of the kitchen.

"What about your coffee?" I asked.

"It'll still be there in an hour." Emily said, as she walked us up the stairs.

I let out a small laugh, as she reconnected her lips with mine. Emily walked us into our bedroom, and began to tug at the hem of my shirt. I locked my legs around her waist, and then pulled my shirt off. She kissed up my neck, and left open mouth kisses on my skin. I bit my lip to hold in my moans, as I pulled her shirt off. Emily dropped me onto the bed, and ran her fingers down my stomach. She then pulled off my shorts, and came and straddled my waist. Emily kissed my jaw, and soon made her way back to my lips.

I bit her bottom lip, and pulled her closer into me. She smiled, and dug her nails into my sides. I arched my back, as Emily smiled again. She slipped her fingers under my spandex, as I gasped. A knock came from downstairs, as I whined.

"No." I groaned. Emily continued to kiss up my neck, as I let a small moan escape my lips. The forwards phone then rang, and I let my head fall back against the bed.

"It's-Alex." Emily said between her kisses.

"Let it go to voicemail." I mumbled, as Emily kissed up my neck.

Our doorbell then rang, and I sighed out. Emily continued to kiss me, as the doorbell began to ring frantically. Emily pulled away from me, and went to go grab her shirt.

"It's like you're trying to stop me from having sex." I said, looking up at the ceiling. "Why God?" I questioned. Emily laughed, and ran downstairs. Her phone then rang, as I answered it.

"Alex." I said.

"Hey, how's it going?" She asked, as I sighed out.

"Fine." I said, and paused. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"I wanted to ask you something about the wedding." She said.

"Alex, I love you, I really do, but I can't do this now." I said.

"Busy?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Very." I said, and she laughed.

"Okay, I'll call back later. Have fun." She said, and hung up. I sat up, and heard Emily talking to someone downstairs. Pulling on some sweats, I then put my shirt on. As I got to the bottom of the stairs, Emily was closing the door. In her arms was Reece, and by her side was Rylie.

"Surprise." She said, and I forced a smile.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Aunt Kelley!" Reece yelled, as I took her in my arms.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them, and then looked over at Emily.

"Christie and Chris are taking a small trip." She said.

"Have you guys had dinner?" I asked them, and they both shook their heads no. "Of course not." I mumbled, as Emily glared at me.

"Come on guys, I'll make you something." Emily said, taking Reece from my arms.

Rylie followed the two into the kitchen, as I tied my hair up. Walking back into the kitchen, I smiled.

"Dinner?" Em asked me, some type of sauce already on her face. Reece laughed, and smeared more of it on the forwards cheek.

"Dinner."

---

We all sat on the couch together, Reece nuzzled into Emily's side, and Rylie laying across both of our laps. I played with Rylie's hair, as the movie on in front of us continued to play. Quietly, I spoke to Emily.

"I have a question for you." I said.

"Okay, what's up?" She asked. I looked down at Rylie and Reece, and smiled.

"Do you ever think about having a kid?" I asked, as she looked over at me.

"Yah." She said, and I smiled.

"Would you want to have a kid?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Yah." She said, smiling at me.

"So I have an idea." I said, as she just smiled at me. "We get married, we live out ours lives for awhile. We get ready for the Olympics, and then we have a baby." I said, and she nodded.

"That sounds amazing, perfect actually." Emily told me, and I smiled.

"Me, you, and a baby." I said, and she nodded.

"Like I said, sounds perfect." She said.

"Yah?" I questioned.

"Yah, perfect."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

588K 14.2K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...
77.9K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...
24.9K 503 17
Sequel to adopted by the USWNT with a twist. If you haven't read that I suggest you read that first.
794K 16K 76
USWNT fanfiction set before, during, and after the World Cup.