Second Chances

By 1Dperfxox

Julia isn't the girl who gets all the guys. She finally gets her first boyfriend in her senior year of high s... More

Second Chances
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
*UPDATE*
Chapter Forty-One
***UPDATE***
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
KIK
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
**UPDATE**
Chapter Fifty
**UPDATE** & Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Forty-Six

60.1K 2.9K 1.2K
By 1Dperfxox

Chapter Forty-Six~

~A/N~

So I was at the beach all day and figured when I got home I would update. Well, lets just say I'm as red as a lobster and my body feels like it was set on fire. I don't want to move at all but I'm updating because I love you guys so y'all better love me for this update ;)

***You may want to grab a box of tissues before you start reading. Mwuahahahah. ;)***

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Niall's P.O.V:*

"Julia, please wake up." I whispered. My heart was racing.

'Please be okay.' I was mentally praying that she would just miraculously wake up and be fine so that I could just scoop her up in my arms and take her back to the flat.

'Why did you let her leave?'

'This is all your fault.'

'You're the worst boyfriend ever.'

My thoughts were literally beating me up in my head. I was letting the guilt take over as I looked down at Julia, lying there, unconscious.

'If anything happens to her, I'll never forgive myself.'

My vow to myself had repeated itself in my thoughts.

Well, something did happen to her and its all my fault. I guess I'll just be living in guilt for the rest of my life.

"Julia... Juliaaaaaa..." I gently shook her. I was filled with hope. I needed her to wake up and be okay.

"Just forget it, Horan. She's not waking up anytime soon." Josh spat.

That son of a b*tch. His voice put me over the edge. I felt the adrenaline rushing through my veins as my fist clenched up. I was enraged and I needed to release my anger... on Josh.

I stood up from beside Julia and bolted over to that excuse for a human being.

"My girlfriend is hurt and it's because of you." My teeth were clenched as my words flew out of my mouth. I backed Josh into the corner of the room. "You sick piece of sh*t. I swore if you ever inflicted any sort of pain on her, I would personally end you. And guess what? You did."

My breathing was heavy as I got close to Josh's face.

"Let's take it down a notch."

"How about let's turn it up a notch." I suggested, pulling my fist back, ready to smash him in the face.

"N-Niall! Stop."

My head immediately turned towards the direction where Julia had been lying on the floor. To my surprise, she was sitting up and looking straight at me.

Forgetting Josh, I went over to her because she's much more important.

"Babe, are you okay?" I knelt down in front of her, gently grabbing her cheeks.

"My head hurts." She giggled and placed her hands over mine and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna get you out of here." I whispered.

"Hurry."

I cradled Julia in my arms as I stood up. Her head rested on my shoulder as I walked towards the door.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Josh yelled.

"I'm leaving." I glared at him.

"No. Y-you can't leave." He had a crazed look in his eyes as he frantically looked around the room.

I'm not going to lie, it was actually pretty creepy.

"Julia obviously needs to go to the hospital."

"S-she's fine. N-no ones l-leaving!" He was stuttering and slurring every other word. "S-she ca-can suck it up."

I could barely understand what he was saying.

"Unlike you, I'm not just gonna let her suffer in pain. I'm actually going to take care of her."

"I t-took care of h-her! I al-al-always did!"

"Abusing her doesn't count."

"Niall, when he stutters like this, it usually means he's gonna do something crazy." Julia had whispered in my ear.

"Now if you'd excuse me, I'm taking my girlfriend and leaving." I continued walking towards the door.

"No! No o-ones lea-leaving!" He shouted and within seconds, he had ran in front of the door. It was slammed shut and Josh was blocking it.

"Just move!" I yelled at him. I'm not in the mood to play games.

"Stop it. You're only making him mad. Niall, please. Just do what he says." Julia had whispered to me once again.

I turned around and placed her on the bed.

"He doesn't scare me."

I walked back towards the door.

"Move or I'm calling the cops. You're being ridiculous now."

"Back up, H-Horan."

I took a step closer.

"Get out of the way."

"I sa-said back u-u-up!"

I took another step closer.

"And I said get out of the way. Now move, before I move you."

"I'm not joking. B-back up."

Again I took another step closer so that I was inches away.

Josh had placed both his hands on my shoulders and pushed me all the way into the wall, my back making a 'thud' noise when I came in contact with it.

Without hesitation, I threw the first punch and hit Josh in the nose. Blood had begun dripping out of his nose and the fight got heated.

Everything happened too fast for me to process. Josh had slipped away and within seconds of him escaping my repeated punches, I heard a click and quickly looked up.

It was pointed straight at me.

His hand was on the trigger and everything felt as if it was moving in slow motion.

"Don't make any sudden moves." His hand holding the gun was shaking and he still had that crazed look in his eyes. "Get the f*ck up, Horan. S-Slowly."

I got to my feet as slowly as I possibly could. My hands were up in defense.

"You do what I say or I shoot her." Josh threatened.

"Don't you dare do that. It'll be the biggest mistake of your life. If you're going to shoot anyone, shoot me."

"I s-swear, if you move any c-closer, Horan, she's gonna g-get it."

Josh had now moved the gun from being pointed at me to being pointed at Julia. She made eye contact with me and I just wanted to run over to Josh, take his gun, and smack him in the head with it. She look petrified beyond belief.

"Josh, you don't have to do this. Just put the gun down." Julia said softly with a tear slowly, falling down her cheek.

"Josh! Put the gun down!"

He grinned and walked closer to her, putting the gun against her head.

Now he's messing with me.

My anger got the best of me and I took a step forward.

That moment would be the biggest mistake of my life.

Suddenly everything was in slow motion again. My eyes witnessed the horror unfold right in front of me.

Josh had quickly moved his gun from Julia and it was pointed straight at me.

'Well, this is it.' I thought and squeezed my eyes shut.

I heard the click of the trigger assuming he had pulled it, followed by a shot noise.

Nothing.

I didn't feel any pain.

Am I alive?

I opened my eyes to see something that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Julia was lying on the floor in front of me, doubled over in pain, with her hand on her stomach and blood dripping from the newly formed bullet wound.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to react.

My eyes filled up with tears and they automatically were falling from my eyes.

Once again, my anger got the best of me.

I sprinted over to Josh who looked dumbfounded and tackled him to the ground.

Punch after punch, I still had loads of anger inside of me. Nothing was making me feel better.

"You heartless son of a b*tch! I swore if you ever harmed her, I was going to end you." My fist repeatedly smashed into his body.

I wasn't holding back, I was punching him with everything I had in me.

The tears fell as I continued to yell and punch him.

Out of no where, I felt someone pull me away, but I wasn't letting Josh go without a fight.

"You shot Julia!" I kept yelling as the tears fell uncontrollably.

"Niall... Niall... Niall, stop!" I heard familiar voices yell, along with multiple hands tugging on me.

I turned my head to see Harry and Liam pulling me off of Josh.

"Let. Me. Hit. Him." I was fighting to reach Josh, but Liam was pushing me back.

"Harry, help."

They both pulled me away until I fell on the floor.

There's not point. No one can take back what he did.

"Niall, relax."

I ignored Liam's words and ran over to Julia, who was curled up in a ball with her hand over her stomach, crying in pain. Harry was trying to comfort her.

I knelt down beside her and watched one of my tears fall on her tee shirt.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Julia's P.O.V:*

I heard Josh stuttering. Oh gosh. I've witnessed this way too many times to know what's gonna happen. He's losing his mind.

Niall was too busy arguing with him to realize he was going crazy. He's only going to make Josh more furious.

"Niall, when he stutters like this, it usually means he's gonna do something crazy."

I hope Niall takes this warning into consideration.

I would've done more to try to stop their bickering, but the pain in my head was excruciating and becoming more intense. I felt the cuts on my face beginning to burn. Of course the pain had to sink in at a moment like this.

"Stop it. You're only making him mad. Niall, please. Just do what he says." I warned Niall once again, but I could feel his chest rise and collapse more rapidly than normal, indicating he was just as furious as Josh.

Niall had put me down on the bed in the room. Josh wasn't letting us leave, so there was no use trying.

"He doesn't scare me." Niall had gotten close to my face and the words he whispered sent chills down my spine.

He turned around and walked back towards the door where Josh was standing. I would've said something to stop him, but the pain in my head became intense once again. I winced and buried my head in my hands. My eyes were squeezed shut as I hoped the pain would dull down.

I heard yelling followed by a thud. I opened one eye to see Niall and Josh on the floor, fighting.

'Ugh.'

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes again

'Please make it stop.' I kept repeating this in my thoughts.

Suddenly things got quiet and I heard a click.

My head quickly shot up and my eyes were opened wide.

Josh stood there with a gun in his hands, pointed right at Niall.

My heart had fallen into my stomach. Panic washed over me because I knew Josh was crazy enough to pull that trigger.

"Don't make any sudden moves." Josh's hand was unsteady. "Get the f*ck up, Horan. S-Slowly."

I watched as Niall slowly stood up.

"You do what I say or I shoot her." Josh had nodded his head at me but his gun was still pointed at Niall.

"Don't you dare do that. It'll be the biggest mistake of your life. If you're going to shoot anyone, shoot me."

My heart sunk at his words but I could never let Josh shoot him. I'm the reason Niall is even in this situation. I would take that bullet for him.

"I s-swear, if you move any c-closer, Horan, she's gonna g-get it." Josh was stuttering more frequently as he struggled to get his words out.

I've witnessed this too many times. I had a bad feeling in my gut. I just know this is going to end badly.

Josh had moved the gun towards me.

I was scared to move.

I had made eye contact with Niall and we shared the same glance.

"Josh, you don't have to do this. Just put the gun down." I begged him.

I was just petrified. I couldn't control the tear that had slipped from my eye.

"Josh! Put the gun down!" Niall yelled.

I'll be honest, I've never seen Niall this angry, and it was actually scary.

Suddenly I felt something cold and hard pressed against my head. I let out a long, shaky sigh as more tears rushed from my eyes.

I looked up at Josh who was grinning at Niall. Through my blurred vision, I observed him.

I knew Josh. I knew him a little too well. I knew that he had a trick up his sleeve. He would end up pulling a fast one.

Niall had taken a step forward and I watched Josh's hand move swiftly. The gun was removed from the side of my head and I knew exactly what he was gonna do.

I can't let him do this. I'm the reason all of this is happening. Me. It's my fault.

I ran as fast as I possibly could just as Josh pulled the trigger. I knew he was going to try to shoot Niall and I couldn't let him do that. Like I said before, I'd take a bullet for him.

I fell to the floor and instantly grabbed my stomach. It was the worst pain I had ever experienced. My hands went over the newly formed bullet wound on my stomach.

I could hear Niall yelling as everything became blurry.

Suddenly Harry was next to me, trying to comfort me.

"Julia, calm down." He was rubbing my back as my sobs became louder. "Just breathe."

"I can't." I cried.

I looked down at my hands and almost threw up. They were covered in blood. I got sick at the sight of it.

I saw Liam stop Niall from beating Josh to a pulp.

I closed my eyes again. The pain was horrific. I would do anything to make it stop.

"Shhhh. Julia calm down."

At first I thought Harry was talking to me until I opened my eyes and saw Niall knelt down next to me.

I looked right into his eyes and watched tears fall from them and down his cheeks.

"Why'd you take the bullet?!" He said as more tears fell down his face.

I just closed my eyes. I hated seeing him like this.

"Julia, why'd you do that?!"

I paused.

"Because I l-love you, Niall!" I yelled as more tears blurred my vision and it felt like I had waterfalls on my cheeks.

Niall sat there, shocked.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered.

Niall had grabbed my hand.

"For what? Are you crazy?! You just took a bullet for me and you're apologizing."

I couldn't help but giggle a little. He always knew how to make me feel better.

"F-for dragging you into this."

"You didn't drag me into anything. I chose to get involved in this because having you as my girlfriend was way worth it."

I was about to say something when the pain in my stomach become so intense. I squeezed Niall's hand and cried out in pain.

Niall had picked me up bridal style and walked over to the bed, sitting down with me in his lap.

I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to ignore the pain. My hand was still intertwined with Niall's and my other hand on my stomach.

I began going in and out of consciousness.

"Julia, please stay awake." I heard Niall's shaky voice beg before I went out of consciousness.

Coming back into consciousness, I heard Niall's quiet sobs.

"Thank you for all those times you didn't give up on me. Y-you're the greatest thing that ever happened to me." I whispered and I felt Niall squeeze my hand.

I felt so weak. I felt like I was dying.

"Julia, don't do this." More tears fell down Niall's face. "Don't say goodbye."

"I-I'm not gonna make it, Niall."

"Yes you are. Julia, I love you too much, I can't lose you."

I watched as his tears fell from his cheeks onto my shirt. His eyes were red and puffy.

"You mean everything to me. If anything happens to you, I won't be able to live with the fact that you took the bullet. It should've been me..." His voice trailed off.

"Whatever happens, just remember you're the only person that I ever loved."

That was the last thing I said before everything went black.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Liam's P.O.V:*

Harry and I waited in the car for Niall. He said he didn't want us to go in with him, so we just stayed here.

I was a bit nervous for him. I hope he finds Julia and that she's okay.

"Do you think he found her?" Harry asked, making conversation.

We had been sitting in silence.

"I hope so."

I didn't know how long this would take so I turned the radio on.

"CUZ I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY." Harry and I had been singing as terrible as possible.

Suddenly we stopped when we heard a gunshot.

Harry looked at me as we exchanged the same look. Without even discussing it, we both frantically got out of the vehicle and ran into the flat.

"Check that room and I'll check in here." I instructed Harry as I walked into a room.

Empty.

I ran into the hallway where I met Harry.

"Upstairs." He ran up the stairs and I followed.

We barged into the bedroom.

Niall was on top of a guy I'm assuming to be Josh, yelling profanities at him. I looked over to the right and saw Julia doubled over and crying, and a gun resting on the floor in front of her.

I didn't know what to do or who to go to first.

"Harry, you get Julia, I'll get Niall."

"Got it."

I ran over to Niall and tried pulling him off of Josh.

"You heartless son of a b*tch! I swore if you ever harmed her, I was going to end you."

I had never seen Niall this angry, and it was actually quite shocking.

"Niall, c'mon!" I grabbed his arms but he was refusing to stop.

His fists smashed into Josh's face over and over again.

"You shot Julia!"

"Niall... Niall... Niall, stop!" I yelled at him. Harry had ran over, seeing that I was struggling.

"Let. Me. Hit. Him." Niall was fighting to get to Josh.

"Harry help."

We both pulled him with enough force to cause him to fall back onto the floor.

I saw the look in Niall's eyes. I've never seen him so distraught. I was worried, he really needed to calm down.

"Niall, relax." I told him but he ignored me and ran over to Julia.

"Call the police." Harry instructed.

I nodded and pulled out my phone, dialing the number.

I answered all the questions the dispatcher was asking. She said that help would be on it's way. I turned and looked at Julia who didn't look so good. I hope that help comes fast because we're going to need it.

*Niall's P.O.V:*

She can't be saying her goodbyes. I can't lose her. I can't.

I've never cried this much in my life. She needs to live.

"Whatever happens, just remember you're the only person that I ever loved."

Julia's eyes closed and she wasn't responding to me.

"Julia please... Please don't leave me..."

More tears fell down my cheek.

Taking the bullet would've been less painful than this...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~A/N~

DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS CHAPTER ;)

I hope this was long enough for you guys bc it took me 5 hours! Yupp, 5!

Well my nose is blistering from my sunburn and it's swollen. I look like I just got plastic surgery but anyways I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT HATE ME AFTER THIS ;)

Thanks for reading! Ily guys and appreciate every one who reads and supports me!

Comment, vote, BLA BLA BLA :)

I LITERALLY JUST MADE A TWITTER! Follow me @1Dperfxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 239 30
Kristen has no absolute idea who 'One Direction' is. Supposedly they are some cute band from the UK, but right now, the only thing that matters to Kr...
117K 2.9K 50
When Grace happens to cross paths with Niall Horan, she is suddenly pulled in by his charm. She has always been the girl to show very little emotion...
104 4 31
Rosie is 18 years old and she lives in Ireland. She loves singing and playing guitar. She is crazy about a band called one direction and has a celebr...
9.5K 1.1K 73
What will happen when Niall gets himself into trouble endangering his loved ones? Especially the one he cannot live without. Read the book to find ou...