You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 24

100K 1.1K 66
By dinhadb

Hey, guys!

It’s me again, a little early this time.

This isn’t the chapter you’re waiting for, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. :)

 Oh, again, this hasn't been edited.

Chapter 24

Adrian

When I finally let her go, I was already late. We spent almost two hours in my bedroom making out. It was even better than the last time, and not only because today our pants were on the floor as well, but also because I know she loves me. I want her badly and the thought of making love to her drives me crazy, but being close to her, feeling her skin against mine is enough to make me the happiest man on Earth.

I still can’t believe how coward I was for not telling Vicky how I feel. If it wasn’t for Leah, we probably wouldn’t have said anything and I don’t know if I should thank her for that or be angry, because it was really embarrassing. When she told Vicky I’m in love I wished I could dig a hole beneath me and never come out again. And that’s exactly what I’d do if Vicky didn’t tell me she loves me too. It was like music to my ears and when I heard those words there was nothing else in the world, just me and her. I’m completely whipped, I know, but I can’t help it.

I parked my car and rushed to find my parents, who probably were waiting for me. Damn! It was supposed to be the other way around.

I was trying to find the right gate when I spotted them walking towards the exit. I ran in their direction and soon enough they saw me and stopped walking. My mom put the luggage on the floor so she could hug me.

“Hi, sweetie. I missed you so much,” she said.

“I missed you too, Mom,” I replied stepping back and kissing her cheek.

“Hi, son,” My dad greeted me.

“Where’s your sister? I thought she would want to see us,” dad questioned.

“She’s making dinner for us.” I responded.

“That’s right. She called me and told me she would introduce her boyfriend to us today,” Mom explained happily. Well, it’s going to be an interesting night, because my girlfriend will be there as well. Maybe Vicky will let me tell them tonight? I really wish I could tell my parents about us. They’ll probably think it’s a little weird, considering we know each other since we were kids and well, since she was a kid and I was already a teenager, but I’m sure they’ll understand.

“Do you know him, son?” My dad asked me referring to Max.

“Yeah, I know him. Actually, maybe even you two have already met him. They were friends before and Max used to hang out with the girls sometimes. He’s a good guy. Don’t worry, dad, I’ve been keeping an eye on them. I wouldn’t let a player get anywhere near Leah,” I told him and he nodded.

I grabbed my mom’s luggage and headed to the car. I put everything on the trunk and sat on the driver’s seat. My dad sat beside me and my mom was on the backseat.

As I started driving I realized it was Sunday and it would be pretty difficult to see Vicky during the week. I really needed to find a way to be with her. Maybe I could sneak in her bedroom window? I needed to ask her when her mom would be working, so I could spend some time with her and take her out, just the two of us this time. I thought about that day on the beach when we were with Leah and Max, it was nice, but Vicky and I are together for less than a month and everybody knows how newly couples want to be alone all the time. I remembered how Vicky teased me making me horny as hell and then left me on the sand. I said she would pay for that but I never actually did anything. Well, I could definitely think of something later.

“Why are you smiling?” Dad asked me. I haven’t even realized I was smiling!

“What?” I tried to gain some time.

“You’re grinning like an idiot Adrian,” he replied, a glint of amusement in his eyes.

“I’m just happy to see you both,” I lied. Well, not that I wasn’t happy to see them, but the real reason was Vicky. Dad looked doubtful but didn’t say anything. Thank God for that.

“How was the trip anyway?” I changed the subject.

“Oh, Adrian, it was wonderful. It was so beautiful. You should’ve seen all those beaches,” Mom said cheerfully.

“It was really nice. Good food, good wine, beautiful places,” dad added.

 “Good to know you liked. You two sure needed some time off,” I told them honestly.

We talked about their trip for the rest of the drive. They told me everything about the places they’ve been and stuff like that. The cruise seemed to be fun, maybe I could go on a trip like that with Vicky some day.

“We’re here,” I announced as I parked the car in our driveway.

“Finally!” Mom exclaimed.

“Home sweet home,” dad laughed.

After dad and I got the luggage, we entered the house. Leah came running from the kitchen when she heard us.

“Mom!” She exclaimed and hugged our mom.

A few moments later Max and Vicky stepped into the living room, where we were all standing. She smiled at me and all I could do was smile back at her.

Leah hugged dad while Vicky greeted my mom. After that, Leah took Max’s hand.

“Mom, Dad, this is Max, my boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you, sir,” Max said while shaking my dad’s hand.

“Nice you meet you too,” dad replied politely. It was funny to see my dad’s reaction. I can tell he’s not entirely comfortable with the idea of Leah having a boyfriend.

Max extended his hand to my mom, but she hugged him instead. “It’s so nice to meet you, sweetie,” she said to him.

“It’s nice to meet you too, ma’am,” Max replied for the second time today. When he stepped away from my mom he was smiling, seeming relieved.

“I can’t believe my little girl has a boyfriend,” Mom said to Leah’s embarrassment. See, I’m not the only one who reacted like that. But I know she’s not that little girl anymore. She’ll always be my baby sister, but she’s all grown up now and I know I can trust her to take her own decisions.

“Mom, please!” Leah complained. “Can we eat now, please?”

“Sure, honey.” Mom replied and they all headed to the dining room. I noticed that Vicky stayed a little behind too, but I couldn’t kiss her, someone could see, so I just rested my hand on the small of her back while we walked out of the living room.

Everyone took their places. I managed to sit beside Vicky and held her hand beneath the table. A minute later Leah came with the rest of the food and we started to eat.

During the dinner we talked about everything. Mom and dad talked about the trip again and asked what happened here while they were gone. They asked about school, college, work, about the photography club and dad even interrogated Max a little.

It was actually pretty fun. I missed dinners like this one, with the whole family, and with Vicky’s here with me I felt complete. I was even getting used to Max presence. It didn’t bother me anymore, especially because he makes Leah happy, and I’m definitely grateful for that.

In the middle of the night, Leah spoke “Adrian, don’t you have something to tell them?” What is she talking about? Then I felt Vicky tense beside me and I realized what was going on, but before I could say anything she continued. “Adrian has a girlfriend, but he won’t bring her home,” she said and I sighed, trying hard not to look at Vicky. Leah sounded a little angry and maybe even sad and that broke my heart. She thinks I don’t want to introduce my girlfriend to her.

“A girlfriend? A real girlfriend, like when you spend more than one night with a girl?” Mom asked cheerfully. I winced, hoping Vicky wouldn’t be mad at that. Even though she never said anything, I don’t think Mom liked the way I was before Vicky.

“Yes, mom. We’ve been together for almost a month now,” I confessed.

“Yeah, he’s in love with her, but then again, we can’t even meet her!” Leah complained.

“I knew there was something going on,” dad told us, obviously taking about my stupid grin in the car.

“When we will meet her, sweetie?” Mom asked excited.

“Soon, I promise.” Again, I fought the urge to look at Vicky.

“Ok, if everybody has finished I’m going to clean everything,” Leah told us.

“No, you’re not. You, Max and your parents need more time together so they can get to know each other better. Adrian will help me with everything,” Vicky told her. Oh, man, I love my girl. I don’t know if I could think of something like that to be alone with her, but she keeps surprising me.

“Yeah, Vicky’s right, you should stay here talking while we clean the mess,” I told them. Well, of course, we would have to actually clean everything but I couldn’t care less.

Leah smiled at us and muttered a thank you while grabbing Max and Mom’s hands and leading them to the living room again. Dad followed them close behind.

Vicky and I grabbed all the dishes and brought them to the kitchen. As soon as they were at the dishwasher Vicky hugged me.

“I’m so sorry Adrian.” She didn’t need to say what she was talking about, I knew she was saying that because of Leah and how upset she seemed. 

“It’s ok, but what do you think about telling them this week? I don’t think I can take it much longer,” I confessed while caressing lightly her back. She had still her arms around my neck and I felt her nodding in my chest.

“Sure, Adrian. I hate lying to her,” she said holding me even closer.

“Everything’s going to be okay, V., I promise you.” I kissed her forehead trying to reassure her.

Vicky stepped away and cupped my face with her hands and stood up on her tiptoes to kiss me. Even though it was just an innocent kiss at the beginning, as soon as her lips touched mine I forgot about everything around. I started walking making her lean on the counter; I had my back to the door. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I gripped her slim waist. When our tongues met she let out a quiet moan almost making me lose my mind.

Our lips were still moving together when we heard someone clearing their throat behind us. We both froze for a minute but I managed to look over my shoulder to see Dad standing in the door way.

“I thought you had a girlfriend?” Dad asked.

I turned my head to Vicky and smiled at her, silent asking permission to tell him the truth. She gave me a small smile answering my unspoken question, so I turned around, pulling her with me and wrapping my arms around her waist from behind, so we both were facing my dad.

Mom chose this moment to enter the room as well. “Honey, have you…” She trailed off when she noticed my arms around Vicky. “What’s going on here?” She asked with a puzzled face.

“That’s what I’m trying to find out,” Dad replied.

My smile widened. I was so happy to tell them I could barely contain my excitement. I pecked Vicky’s shoulder trying to calm her when I spoke. “Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Vicky,” I announced proudly.

Dad just smiled, he probably had already figured it out as soon as he saw us kissing, but mom’s eyes widened and she almost screamed. “What?!”

“Shhh, mom, Leah doesn’t know yet.”

“Oh my god, you two are together?” She asked again.

“Yeah, that’s what I said,” I responded still grinning.

Mom seemed very happy, but them her smiled vanished from her face. “Adrian, sweetie, isn’t Vicky a little too young for you?” Well, I knew this would come.

“I know I’m a few years older, mom, but I love her, so it doesn’t really metter,” I explained and tightened my grip on Vicky’s body. She hasn’t spoken a single word since my dad came in and I could tell she was nervous.

My words made my mom smile and I left out a breath of relief. Soon she came to hug us.

“I’m glad you’re together, then,” she said hugging us both at the same time.

I looked at Vicky and she smiled at me. I felt like a huge weigh was lifted from my shoulders, and I knew she felt the same.

“So Vicky tell me how you fell for my son knowing how he is with women?” Dad asked her. Damn, why does he have to embarrass me like that? Surprising me again, Vicky laughed. She was now standing beside me, our fingers intertwined and she smiled at me before answering.

“Well, we didn’t plan anything. Actually, we even tried to deny out feelings for each other, but it was already too late. At first I was a little worried about Adrian’s reputation, but then I realized how much he cares about me,” she smiled at me again.

“So, when are you going to tell Leah about this? I don’t think she’ll like to know you’re hiding it from her,” dad added, making us look at both my parents again.

“We’re gonna tell her this week, we just have to figure it out the best way to do it,” I replied.

“Ok,” mom said and hugged us one more time before they left the kitchen, leaving me and Vicky alone.

“Are you ok?” I asked Vicky pulling her close to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine, but can we have a few more days? We could tell her on Wednesday. This way we have time to think of how to do this,” Vicky asked me.

“Sure. When I come back from work I’ll call you and the three of us can talk, but I must confess V., I’m not looking forwards for it. She’s gonna be pissed, but you’re right, we need to do it,” I said.

We finished cleaning and organizing everything and went back to the living room. Max was already leaving and Vicky told us she needed to go as well. I couldn’t kiss her goodbye and I hated it. But this will change soon.

When Leah closed the door she was grinning from ear to ear. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her this happy before. When she passed by me I grabbed her wrist and gave her a huge bear hug. She seemed a little confused but hugged me back. At least she’s not mad at me anymore.

“I’m glad you’re happy, sis,” I said wondering if she’ll still be like this when she finds out about Vicky and I.

“I’m glad you’re happy too brother, but I really wanna meet your girlfriend. Why won’t you introduce her to us?” She pouted.

I sighed and stepped back. I took her hand in mine while I spoke. “What if I promise you’ll meet her this week. Will you forgive me then?”

Her face lit up as she smiled. “Of course.”

I squeezed her hand one more time and let it go. She nodded and went upstairs, saying good night to everyone. It was getting late, so I decide to go to my room. Fifteen minutes later I had cleaned up, brushed my teeth and was ready to go to bed, but I texted Vicky before I fell asleep. “Miss you already. See you tomorrow. Love ya.”

In less than a minute she replied. “Miss you too. Have a good night. Love, V.”

I was the only one to call her that, so I loved when she signed V.

I woke up with the alarm clock. I sighed and got up to take a shower. I was tired and didn’t really want to go anywhere, but I had no choice. I dressed up and went downstairs. Mom was making french toasts and Leah was already eating. Oh I missed my mom and of course the food. I kissed hers and Leah’s forehead and sat down to eat breakfast.

I was kind of late, so the food vanished from my plate in a few minutes and I rushed outside to my car. Vicky was leaning on her car waiting for Leah. Our houses we really close, so we could see each other pretty well. When she saw me she blew me a kiss. My heart skipped a beat and I wondered for the millionth time when my body will stop reacting like this every time I see her.

She looked gorgeous this morning. She was wearing a skinny light blue jeans and a navy v neck shirt. The clothes were beautiful on her, but well, I’m sure they’d look much better on my bedroom’s floor.

I needed a kiss, just a peck, but I needed feel her close to me. I turned to her, but before I could move I heard the front door of my house opening and closing. Leah. I couldn’t walk to her anymore. Vicky understood what happened and quietly laughed. I sighed again in frustration and went to my car.

The classes were actually interesting, so before I knew it, they were over. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same of my day at work. It was the worst day ever.

Since my dad left for the trip a month ago I have been working harder and harder, each day Daniel gave me more stuff to do, but today was just too stressing.

I spent the whole afternoon trying to fix a mistake Daniel made. He ordered about 50 thousand dollars in supplies, but the wrong ones. I spoke with half of the employers of the company that sent the material, trying to find a way to return everything and get delivered the stuff we really need.

5 hours later, after a lot of taking on the phone, a few e-mails and a really angry manager, I got it, but not without consequences. My head was hurting like hell and I never felt so stressed in my whole life. I wanted was to lie on my bed, with Vicky of course.

Dad and Daniel were on a meeting when I was done and I was supposed to be there too, but there was no way my brain could work again today, so I went home instead.

When I got home I called Vicky.

“Hello.”

“Hey V. I miss you.” It was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

“Me too. Are you ok?” She asked concerned.

“Actually I’m tired, could you come over? I really need to be with you right now,” I asked her.

“I’ll be right there,” she said and hung up.

I closed my eyes for just a second to rest a little. I must have fallen asleep because when I opened them again Vicky was lying beside me watching me. I closed my eyes again.

“How long have you been here?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe 20 minutes.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I opened my eyes.

Vicky shook her head. “No way. I was enjoying watching you sleep so peacefully.”

I smiled at her and she pecked my nose. I wrapped my arms around her pulling her closer and she rested her head on my chest.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, but there was a problem at the office today and I spent a lot of time trying to fix it. Everything is ok now, but I’m really tired. What time is it anyway?”

“Around nine p.m.”

I know it’s still early, but I was tired and trying not to close my eyes.

“Why don’t you try to sleep? You’ll feel better tomorrow,” Vicky said looking up at me.

“Will you stay with me?”

“I can’t, Adrian. Your mom knows I’m here, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable. Besides, Leah could see me. But I’ll stay until you fall sleep.”

I wanted to complain. She shouldn’t be worrying about me, I should be the one looking after her, but I was too tired, my eyelids were heavy and I couldn’t help but close my eyes.

A/N: Ok, so I know you want them to tell Leah, and they will, soon, I promise. Please don’t be mad at me! Lol.

This story had been getting so many reads, I almost can’t believe it! But I was wondering, why is it that people only vote on the latest chapter? So, if you like the story, could you please vote on all the chapters? You guys have no idea how much difference your votes can make!

Anyway, thank you all for your support!

And don’t forget to vote on this chapter as well and please let me know what you think! Come on people, comment! :)

Special thanks to Katilicious, who was kind enough to offer to promote this story!

Thanks again,

Claudia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 12K 21
Blair Lucia Mason is 17 years old werewolf. She is outgoing, fearless and the daughter of a powerful alpha, Blane Mason of the Shadow Howlers Pack. A...
5.1K 407 47
Adriana is a typical 17 year old girl, she has 2 close friends, and is popular at school,she is a badass, always late to class, and she doesn't give...
18K 599 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...
179 31 13
What happens when a wolf and a vampire have the same MATE!? Lexi Wilson (17 years old) is your regular human teenage girl who loves her mother, frien...