Playing for Keeps (a PIL fanf...

By jinxedby_105

Always on the run, and frequently alone, Arabella doesn't really have a place to call home. With her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: I needs some Pirates!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Ending note

Chapter 25

204 12 41
By jinxedby_105

(Nathan's POV)

We had finally arrived at the pirate games, with everyone splitting off to go do whatever they wanted. I was following Thomas and Arabella to the event sign up, letting them decide. Arabella had felt bad about Thomas not having anyone to go with, so she invited him to go with us. As I watch her flip through the pages, I can't help but think how much has changed since this time last year.

The crew had been just us guys, and we mostly did whatever we wanted. Even farther back, when I had first joined the crew, I hadn't even wanted to be a pirate, mostly staying because I felt I owed captain after saving my ass twice. Even after being on for awhile, I hadn't really wanted to get close to anyone, mostly just doing what I was supposed to do, not really trying to get to know the rest of the crew. If you asked anyone, they would tell you I was quiet, gruff, and anti-social at first. If you're around the same group for a long time everyday though, you can't help getting to know them eventually. I got close to all of them, they are all good guys, and eventually, they became my family.

If you had asked me back then, about if I ever saw myself getting married, the answer would have been hell no. Things change, though, and now I'm married to one of the most stubborn woman I have ever met, and I wouldn't change a thing. She was an irritating, smart ass, stranger at first, bossing her way into my kitchen. She wouldn't shut the hell up in the kitchen, but she was genuine, and kind. She was loud, and liked to curse, but she would do almost anything to help someone else. She wasn't afraid to stand up and fight, and hell, she even cried for me once when I told her about my past. Somehow I had fallen for her, and never looked back.

"Hey Nate, we can all do this cooking one. Whatcha think?" she asks suddenly, bringing me from my thoughts.

"Sure, if that's what ya want." I answer smiling. I know she probably picked it, for two reasons. One, because I would have wanted to do it, and two, because all three of us could do it together.

We start walking over to the arena they had set up. We pass some of the crew on the way, going off to do their own events. Arabella catches sight of Kris hugging Nero, and I could see her glaring at Nero, and looking concerned at Russell. "Leave it Arabella. It'll all work itself out." I tell her quietly, taking a grip on her arm before she can go interfere.

She rolls her eyes at me."It's just... look at Russ, I feel bad. I'm sorry, I know Nero is your brother, but still.. I feel bad for Russ." she says quietly, but doesn't fight me or pull away.

"I know tomboy, but it will work itself out. Besides, maybe Russell needs that push so he will finally do something about it." I say, and she nods, not saying anything more on the subject.

I pull her towards me, wrapping an arm around her waist as we walk. I don't even think twice about doing it now, but it used to be a lot harder for me to show affection. Hell, when I got the ring for her on a whim, I wasn't even sure when I was gonna ask her. I knew I wanted to spend my life with her, but I wasn't planning on asking her till farther down the road. I was just gonna hold onto the ring, saving it for later. I changed my mind after she ended up and jail, and almost losing her shortly after. Almost losing her really put shit in perspective, and after she woke up, I didn't want to put off asking her anymore.

We reach the arena, and enter with Thomas. The event goes by quickly, all of us working together, to make paella. Arabella suggested it, since it was something she liked, and I had taught her how to make it awhile back. It was a dish from Spain, and had a mixture of different meat and seafood, with flavored rice. It was simple enough, and we did our best to include Thomas, so he wouldn't feel left out.

The event passed by quickly, and after winning, we headed back towards the ship, seeing other members of the crew heading back as well. I know Arabella was curious about what everyone did that day, or rather, if the any of the boys finally made a move.

We get back, and we quickly make dinner, then gather around the table, to eat, and see how everyone's events went. Come to find out, Luna had reunited with her long lost brother Talon, who was visiting with us now. The siblings looked very happy, as they chatted, making up for lost time. Kris, had injured her ankle during volleyball, which she participated in with Nero. Russell had to take over, and even I could tell that the fencer wasn't too fond of my brother, so that would have been something to see, though we know he probably just did it for Kris. One of the most surprising things of the evening though, had to be Captain turning down booze. We thought something might be wrong with him, but we noticed he looked towards Cecilia after refusing it.

"Luna is an excellent dagger thrower, we wouldn't have won if it wasn't for her." Chris says, as he tells us about the event they participated in. He looks over at Luna fondly, and she returns it, giving him a kind look as well. Arabella nudges me in the side, looking at the two.

I roll my eyes, already knowing what she's talking about. "See! Aren't they amazing together? It's perfect, they are both so nice." She starts whispering excitedly next to me, and I can't help but laugh at how excited she is.

"I see that. Now calm down tomboy." I tell her, chuckling in amusement. I glance over at her, only to catch her rolling her eyes at me once again, something she does pretty much everyday.

"Kris was really great, before she got hurt. It was too bad she fell." Russell chimes in, as he gestures to the injured girl, who had a sprained ankle according to Christopher.

"Yea we really worked great together, that was too bad." Nero chimes in, and Russell glares at him, but doesn't say anything to him. Russell gets oddly quiet after that, for whatever reason.

I grab Arabella's hand and squeeze it, shaking my head at her, letting her know not to say anything. It was practically killing her not to get involved with what was going on with Kris, Russell, and Nero. I know she wanted Kris and Russell together something fierce. I wanted to see our friends happy as well, but it just wasn't our place to get involved, especially since no one asked us to.

"We ended up doing a puzzle. Penelope practically solved the whole thing herself, she was solving the riddles so fast." Eduardo says, as he ruffles Penelope's hair playfully, much to the astonishment of everyone. Penelope narrows her eyes at him, but gives him a small smile, as she elbows him in the side.

"Well someone wouldn't help me at first." Penelope adds, narrowing her eyes at the navigator once again, causing everyone to laugh, which in turn earned us all glares from Eduardo.

"See? He's softer with her, and so much more playful than normal. She teases him back too. I never thought I'd see Ed find someone, but she's perfect for him!" Arabella whispers excitedly next to me once more, after observing Ed and Penelope.

"Yes. Not so loud though, he'll get pissed if he hears you." I whisper back to her, holding back a laugh. Her hearts in the right place, but she's so damn nosy.

"Cecilia here, was the most graceful of all women today, in the dance contest." Morgan says, his eyes sparkling as he glances over at the blonde.

"You dance Captain?" Luna asks, raising her eyebrow in question at Morgan.

Cecilia snorts."He did, when he wasn't trying to grab meh ass."she says, shaking her head, the crew erupting in laughter after hearing that.

"So where did you find Talon at Luna?" Arabella asks, glancing over at Luna.

"He was at the dagger throwing competition! Can you believe it? What are the chances?" Luna exclaims happily, as she and Arabella begin chatting.

Arabella had grown fond of all the girls, making friends with them all. She accepted them all as family, and would often find things to do with all of them during the day, in between helping in the kitchen. She was learning how to draw from Penelope, and would often sit with her in the navigation room, trying to draw better. Arabella had told me she didn't think she would ever be as good at is as Penelope, but was grateful that she took the time to try and teach her, plus she enjoyed chatting with her.

Her and Kris would often practice their swords together, both of them fond of weapons. They got along well, probably because they were alike in some ways, though I never voiced that. Luna was teaching Arabella to bake. Though Arabella could cook rather well, she wasn't very good at baking, for she was a little too impatient, and baking took patience, as well as more exact measurements, neither of which was a strong point for Arabella. Luna was a patient and kind teacher though, and Arabella enjoyed spending time with her, in and out of the kitchen.

She often went and had long talks with Cecilia, who was a kind listener. Her kindness drew most of the girls to her, and they all liked to chat. Arabella often confided in all the girls, but would sometimes pour her heart out to Cecilia, who though was close in age with her, Cecilia reminded Arabella of her mother, who she lost a long time ago. Arabella told me that Cecilia had a similar spirit to her mother, and her mother had been feisty and sassy as well. She found comfort with Cecilia, and would share some things with her that she didn't feel comfortable sharing with me.

"You ready to clean there princess?" Arabella asks, bringing me back from my thoughts. I nod, and start gathering plates to take to the kitchen. "We can put our thief skills to use for the treasure hunt part of this." She adds, as we wash dishes together.

"Yea we can. That event mostly takes place at night, and we have to steal the designated treasure off the other ships. It can get kinda tricky, but it's fun." I explain to her, as we start putting dishes away.

"Did you notice Morgan actually turned down alcohol? See I told you Cecilia was perfect to tame Captain." She adds putting the rest of the dishes away.

Before I can respond, we hear multiple loud thumping noises, then the sound of pounding feet. "What the hell?" I ask, as I look at her.

"I don't know, let's go see though." She says, grabbing my hand, tugging me along as she runs. We see part of the crew up ahead, pulling two of the boys apart, and Arabella stops half way down the hall, turning to look at me. "Shit. Go grab Kris, and help her here. She's the only one that can calm those two down." She says, shooing me back towards the direction we came.

I turn around and quickly run towards Kris and Russell's room, opening the door, to a surprised Kris. "Arabella asked me to come get ya. Come on." I say, crouching down, so she could get on my back and not have to walk.

"Uh okay? Why are you.." She trails off, clearly confused.

"Well ya can't walk, so just hop on, and you'll see, we need your help." I answer, and she shrugs, hoping on. I quickly take her towards Arabella and the rest of the crew.

A/N: Hi everyone!!! chapter 25 already... wow..lol. Anyway, up next are the treasure hunting chapters, which will be similar to the event chapters, from the guys point of view again. So, this story has been my main focus, and most likely will continue to be, as far as stuff I'm working on, until it's done. Though, I have started some other ones, just haven't updated... Since I had so much fun having y'all in this one, I was thinking of offering the same for something else I'm working on? I started a KBTBB not too long ago, its called the bidders mafia princess... anyway, its not very far along, only like three chapters in. It's kinda different, a little darker than this one, but if that's something anyone's interested in, let me know. It's in the very beginning, rough stages, but yea. I already have a few volunteers, but wanted to throw it out there, because you guys are a great group, and I would love to have you in that one as well if you're interested. I'm mostly still working on this one first, but yea. Basically, that one is about a girl that grew up in a Hispanic New York mafia. I'm keeping the Spanish at a minimum, I know not everyone speaks it. lol. But yea, her parents died, and her brother runs it, but shes second in command. Her brother is like a super shady bastard though, and she hates him, for some stuff he's done, and he's kind running their gang into the ground. She meets the bidders while they are in NY on business, Eisuke there for business, and Soryu is helping th Bell Crickets, because Mei Ling has been taken by another group. She will eventually go with the bidders to Japan, but haven't go that far yet. Also, so theres more options, I'm going to attempt my first ever cross over,bringing in the LLFTX boys... so yea.. >_<. So far only, Soryu, Mamoru, and Kenshi have been claimed. there's plenty of time, and if that's something y'all are interested in let me know.. Sorry for rambling.. and thanks for reading!!!

-Jinx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 4.7K 24
Lucy Heartfilla was always surrounded by friends. Well that's until a certain transformation Mage named Lissana comes back from the 'dead'. She is...
52.3K 1.7K 15
People said our dads fell in love, but were kept apart by their parents. But dad said this wasn't true, and I believe him, I always have. He's not al...
3.9M 74.8K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TAKEN SERIES: BOOK ONE TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self...
627 61 46
Upon the blurred line of morality and at the mercy of circumstance, two souls meet. Again. And again. And again. So, is it simply a coincidence or so...