New Beginnings {ACM}

By mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 60

1.3K 34 4
By mahonestars

I'm about to flood you guys with tons of pictures for this chapter 😏😊

Song of the chapter: Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

Austin's POV

"She'll be okay, Austin."

"I should have been here, I should have stayed to protect her, I know I shouldn't have gone on that tour, I-"

Taylor grabbed my shoulders. "Austin, snap out of it! There was no way you could have known someone would break into your house."

"It's my fault...it's all my fault," I whispered as I started biting my nails in worrry.

"Dude!" Alex spoke from the chair beside me. He was holding Lucy, who was fast asleep in her blanket in his arms. "Don't you dare say it's your fault. She fainted because of blood loss from that broken lamp; Emily is going to be just fine."

"She's still unconscious, Alex! It's been seven hours since she passed out!"

"Austin, please relax," Taylor said. "You'll get to see her eventually. They're probably stitching her up as we speak."

We were all quiet for a minute before Alex spoke up. "Good thinking going in from the backyard, Taylor."

"The cops never would have let us past them if we had gone in the front," she replied before hesitating. "What did you see when you got inside, Austin?"

I took a deep breath. "When we got out of the car, I bolted inside ahead of you guys and the first thing I saw was blood. Alot of it."

Taylor shuddered, and Alex grabbed her hand.

I continued. "I ran into the kitchen and found Emily out cold on the ground with these two detectives and paramedics around her. The one detective was holding Lucy; he must have grabbed her before Emily went down. When I saw that the blood was streaming from Emily, I freaked. You know the rest."

"The one paramedic had to restrain you," Alex said. "And they did CPR on Emily-"

"That's why they restrained him," Taylor corrected. "He was screaming for her."

"Guys," I said, gesturing to myself. "Still in the room here."

They didn't even hear me. Or chose to ignore me. "When that didn't work, they threw an oxygen mask on her-"

"- loaded her up on the stretcher-"

"-Put her in the ambulance. Then the paramedics tried CPR again-"

I slapped my hands over my ears. I really didn't want to relive the moment. "If I don't hear it, it's not true, if I don't hear it, it's not true, if I don't hear it, it's not true!"

"Sorry," Taylor said sheepishly. "We'll shut up now."

"Austin Mahone?" A female doctor had appeared during their little explanation. "I'm Doctor Mitchell."

I shot out of my chair. "Can I see her now?"

Doctor Mitchell nodded. "You may, but I'm afraid your girlfriend is still unconscious. You can go in for a few minutes."

I looked back at my friends. Taylor waved me on. "Go ahead; we'll see her later. Alex and I will watch Lucy."

"Thanks," I said before walking off after the doctor towards the IC unit.

"Emily's going to be okay, though, right?" I asked.

"I'm afraid Miss Mahone is in hypovolemic shock."

"What's that?"

"It's when the heart can't pump enough blood to the body," Mitchell said. "It happens usually when the victim loses at least twenty percent of their blood; Emily lost twenty five."

I felt myself pale. "Twenty five percent?"

"Luckily, she was brought here in time, but we're going to keep an eye on her. We tested her blood and will give the other examinations in good time. We are giving her oxygen and she's on an IV."

"What about the blood loss?"

"Emily is being given whole blood," she said.

I fiddled with the chain around my neck. "But she's going to be okay?"

Mitchell smiled. "In good time, yes."

I breathed a sigh of relief. We had reached her room. "You can go on in. No one is in there."

"Thanks," I said to her before walking in. She closed the door behind me, leaving Emily and I alone.

It was your typical hospital room, with the white walls and the bare interior. Emily laid in the white bed dressed in a light pink hospital gown. Her arm had a huge gash running from just below her shoulder down to her elbow. It was all stitched up and swollen.

Besides the gash, Emily looked normal. Her hair was hanging down to her stomach, her unusually pale face as white as a vampire's. She had an oxygen mask over her mouth and an IV giving her blood like the doctor said.

The heart monitor beeped in control beside her bed. Other than that, the room was silent.

I slowly walked over to her and sat in the chair at her bedside. She had a plate of macaroni beside her and I smiled lightly; Emily hated macaroni.

"Hey, Ems," I said softly, taking her hand. It was ice cold. "I'm home. I don't know if you can hear me, but Lucy is okay. I think she misses you; we all do."

I could still only hear the sounds of the heart monitor. "Come back to us, baby," I whispered, brushing the back of my fingers across her cheek lightly. "I can't do this tour without you... I can't do anything without you."

I linked my fingers through hers and sat there in thought for a minute before the door opened slowly.

It was Doctor Mitchell. She smiled kindly. "I'm afraid we have to do some more tests now."

I nodded and stood up, bending to give Emily's forehead a kiss. "I'll be back soon. I love you."

The doctor led me out of the room. "The two of you have a beautiful baby, by the way," she smiled.

"Oh, thank you," I replied. "She's our little ass kicker."

Doctor Mitchell laughed. "I don't doubt it. I'll let you know when you can see your girlfriend again."

I nodded and went back to the waiting room where Alex still had Lucy. Taylor was asleep, too.

"Taylor postponed your tour," Alex said as he saw me.

"Great, now I've probably got a bunch of angry fans."

"No, they understand. Besides, they all get refunds."

I nodded.

"How's Emily?" Alex asked quietly.

"Ice cold and paler than Edward Cullen, but other than that, she seems fine," I responded, sitting beside him. "Her arm is all stitched up."

"That looked like a nasty gash. At least she's okay."

"The doctor said she's in hypovolemic shock and I'm going to save you the confusion and not explain it."

"Good, because you lost me at hypobolemic," Alex said.

"Hypovolemic," I corrected.

"Same difference." His stomach growled. "Damn, I'm starving."

"Here," I said, holding my arms out for Lucy. "Go eat something. And wake up, Taylor; she's snoring like an elephant."

Alex slowly handed Lucy over to me so as not to wake her, but she just shifted. I wrapped the blanket around her more to keep her warm and settled her in my arms.

Alex smacked Taylor, who jumped.

"I don't have the frogs," she muffled, blinking at the wall.

"I didn't say smack her!" I said.

"Either way, she's up," Alex said, before he turned to Taylor. "Come on, we're going to the cafeteria."

She stood up and yawned. "Finally. I'm so hungry. Hey, how's Emily?"

"Unconscious. But her arm is stitched and the doctor said she'll be fine," I told her.

"That's a relief," she said before grabbing Alex's hand. "Let's go before all of the good cake is gone."

They bolted out of the waiting room and around the corner before disappearing out of sight. I looked down at my daughter, who looked so much like her mother. Except for the blonde curls. I pulled her closer to me and shifted in my chair to get more comfortable.

My mom and Emily's parents had been in earlier, but they had to leave, promising to be back later.

Right now, I just wanted Emily to wake up.

**********

I honestly really love this chapter. I love you all. Until next time! 😊😄💕

mahonestars

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 3.1K 103
Maria and Emily became best friends in a orphanage. They promised to only get adopted together. Somehow it worked. One day a nice couple came to adop...
82.2K 1.8K 39
[LOOKING FOR A BAD FAN-FIC? HERE YOU GO!]"It wasn't about where you ended up, but the road you traveled. And through that rocky fangirling road to me...
33.8K 756 31
A story about a young girl finding it hard to trust people after she leaves her father back in New York to stay with her mum in San Antonio. She find...
40K 935 42
Jessica Wilson and her small family suddenly moved to San Antonio. At first, she wanted nothing to do with Texas, until she met someone. She found he...