HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

4.1; "You and me forever."

7.2K 286 748
By adoringrucas

R I L E Y

My hair lightly flowed down my side, as I sat on my bed, my fingers grasped around a pencil as I wrote in my journal silently.

So many thing swirled around in my mind, so many feelings and emotions, I couldn't explain the overwhelming yet satisfying feeling. The night before, was... indescribable. I've never felt so close to Lucas before, everything finally made sense for once. He told me everything. I could't believe,

How he was completely raw, vulernable. He didn't hold anything back. All I wanted to do was fix him, was to put all his broken pieces back together. I held him as close as possible, hoping that maybe they would all fall back into place. He didn't deserve anything that he has been through, It wasn't fair.

But it all made sense now.

My hands traced down the paper, as I bit the side of my lip lightly. I wrote everything down, it felt like a breath of fresh air. My heart was broken for him, after all he's been through. But he needed to let go, and he did. He trusted me, he always did... And that's something that I realized the other night.

I smiled to myself lightly, before I bit the side of my lip. He really did trust me.

Butterflies swarmed in my stomach, as I thought about it for a moment, could he possibly love me? It sometimes seemed too unrealistic, but it felt like it was finally becoming a reality.

My lips curved upwards again as I stared at the words I was writing, before I suddenly heard a clutter. My head perked up, and I saw my blonde best friend sitting outside of my bay window. I set down my journal, before I walked over to the window, unlocking it, as she climbed in.

I sat down at my window, before Maya adjusted herself. She gave me a light smile. "Hi peaches." I said lightly, before she nodded her head. I furrowed my eyebrows. She didn't say anything, which seemed very unusual. Maya wasn't one to be quiet.

"What?" I said bluntly, as she stared at me. She bit her lip, as if she was hesitating. "I'm your best friend Riley," Maya spoke, and I nodded my head lightly at her. "I think I know that." I said with a light chuckle, but she pursed her lips.

"Which is why I can say this. I can't sit here anymore, watching you hold yourself back from something that you've wanted since day one, but you haven't admitted your feelings to them." Maya said boldly, and I felt my shoulders loosen, as my eyes widened lightly. "M-Maya-" "No, Riley. Please, let me talk." Maya pleaded, and I sighed, before gesturing her to continue.

T H I R D * P O V

"I know that you try to think that he doesn't love you, because you're scared. You want to be with Lucas but at the same time you have been scared, you once told me that you thought you weren't capable of love, but that isn't true, Riley. I can't stand to see you guys hold back from each other any longer. Everyone around you, sees it. Why can't you?" Maya asked, as she grabbed her best friends hand.

Riley stayed silent, before she looked down to her lap.

"Riley.. Just tell me one thing, that you love about him." Maya whispered, and Riley's eyes looked up. Maya knew her best friend practically better than she knew herself, and Maya knew that nothing was holding them back anymore.

"There isn't just one thing." Riley replied, as she fiddled with her fingers. Maya lightly smiled.

"I love his electric green eyes, and how bright they get when he speaks of something he loves. " Riley whispered. "I love his messy dark blonde hair, and I love his laugh. I love his mysterious heart, and how he cares even though he doesn't want to show it. I love every inch of him, every freckle, every muscle, every smile." Riley said passionately with so much love in her tone.

"I love how he makes me feel so alive, and free, yet invincible. He makes me feel like a whole new person when I'm with him. I love how he trusted me with something that was aching at him. I love how he makes sure that I know that I'm cared for by him." Riley said softly, as she looked at her best friend. Her best held onto her hand tighter, smiling, as she nodded her head.

"He's given me everything I've ever wanted. Passion, adventure, excitement. He's my everything. And I love him." Riley breathlessly spoke.

It was quiet for a moment, as Riley let it all sink in. She was ready, she's been ready this whole time. She's ready to tell Lucas.

Maya smiled, "I don't know what you're waiting for then." Maya said, and Riley tilted her head, before smiling.

"Me neither." Riley said, before they both lightly chuckled. "Go to your hero." Maya whispered, and Riley's lip lightly curved upwards, before she stood up.

Maya watched her best friend walk out the door, before she smiled, and climbed out of the window.

Riley grabbed her jacket, before she rushed out the door. Her heart began to pace faster, as realized what she just about to do.

She was going to tell Lucas that she loved him.

And nothing was going to hold her back.

............

R I L E Y

I walked down the streets of New York past Topanga's, as my heart raced faster and faster. My stomach swirled with butterflies, thinking about what I was finally going to do.

Zay's house wasn't far from Topanga's, so the walking distance wasn't bad. Can I walk any faster?

I was too busy minding my own thoughts, that I felt myself bump into someone. Dammit, why do I always do that?

"My bad." I said without thinking, before I turned around, realizing who I just bumped into. You have got to be kidding me.

"Clearly." Missy spat, and I rolled my eyes. "If you'll excuse me Missy, I have somewhere better to be." I sneered, before I turned around but I felt her grab my wrist, which made my head turn towards her. I snatched my arm away.

"Let me guess, going to your prince charming?" Missy growled, as she snickered a laugh. My chest rose higher, as the annoyance began to build in my veins. "None of your business." I spiked back coldly. She giggled again, and I instantly wanted to rip my ears off.

"You're right, it's probably none of business." She shrugged her shoulders, and I raised my eyebrow. "It's probably none of my business of how I know that Lucas was an illegal boxer, how he dodged jail and lied about living with his uncle."

Suddenly I felt my heart sink, as tears began to build in my eyes. "How the hell do you know that?" I whispered, taking a step back in shock. She gave me an evil smirk, before laughing again.

"You're so delusional, Riley. You and Lucas got Conner expelled, didn't you think I was behind some of it? I told you, Lucas will be mine. I told you stay away from him, but clearly you never listened. So this time you will." Missy sneered, as she inched her face closer towards mine. I felt a tear rush down my cheek.

"You think you could finally have him? Aw, think again. If you ever attempt to be with Lucas, or if I ever see you with Lucas again, I'll tell the school everything that's happened. I'll tell them that he was an illegal boxer and got illegal money, how he broke into three cars and dodged jail, and how he has lied about having an uncle, how he illegally signed papers and is staying with Zay and his dad." Missy snapped, and tears fell down my cheeks. No! I'm going to tell Lucas that I love him, I'm going to be with him!

I opened my mouth to snap, but she cut me off with gritted teeth as she stared at me. "He'll get expelled, the police will find out what he's done and he'll be transferred somewhere far from here. And it will be all your fault, because you decided to be selfish and stay with him." She threatened coldly, and I felt my heart break down as my tears built up.

"How can you do this?" I whispered while quietly crying. Her face looked so angry, stern. "Because you took away Conner, now I'll do the same thing to you. And if you think that I won't do it, think again, because we both know that I will." She sneered in my face that was flowing with tears, before she backed away and began to walk away.

I stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, as the tears rushed down my face, heart and body cold.

Missy suddenly turned around once more, and my heart ached. "The next time you see him, kiss him, or hug him again, just expect that to be the last one, considering that you won't be able to see him ever again." She spoke harshly, before she turned around and walked away, realizing she had just ruined my life allover again.

I can't tell him I love him..

"No." I cried, before I looked across the street, seeing Zay's house, knowing Lucas was there. I breathed in and out as the tears rushed down my face, before I turned to my side and quickly walked home.

.............

L U C A S

All the memories from the other night came rushing to me. I told her everything single thing, every possible thing that had ever happened to me, I let it all go. I finally broke down... I finally feel free. She didn't run away.. She stayed, she held me, she understood, but most importantly, she listened. I can just remember crying all through the night, and she was there with me through it all. She always has been...

I just thought for a moment, I have nothing worry about anymore. My mind was clear, I'm finally safe, I realized. No more running, no more lying. Conner got expelled, and my uncle was states away in jail.

And I told Riley everything.

I wasn't hiding anything anymore... Except for one thing;

I love Riley Matthews.

I sat down at the window in my room at Zay's house, as I held up my moms locket, as it turned, and I stared at it. I remember when I gave it to Riley on her birthday... This necklace belonged to her. One day at school I noticed it slipped out of her pocket, but that was when we weren't on good terms. I picked it up and have kept it since, waiting to give it back to the girl I love.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door, which made my head turn towards my side. I saw Zay, leaning against the doorway, staring at me.

"What are you doing?" Zay asked, before he hopped over to me, sitting down at the window seal by me. I smiled, genuinely. "Just thinking." I replied. Zay furrowed his eyebrows, as I looked back down to the necklace, thinking of the two women I love most in my life.

"Thinking about her." Zay spoke, and my head shot up. He smirked, as I didn't know what to say.

"What are you doing, man?" Zay said as he whaled his arms around in the air. I shook my head. "I want the moment to be perfect.." I said quietly, knowing instantly what he was talking about. Zay shook his head.

"There's never a perfect moment to tell someone that you love them. You only have the moment, dude. You can't wait any longer, there's no better time than the present. What are you waiting for?" He asked again, and my eyes widened.

He was right, there was no better time than now to tell Riley. My heart began to pace as my breathing increased, realizing what I'm about to do.

"Go get the damn girl." Zay smirked, as he set his hand on my shoulder. I smiled, before he grinned. I nodded my head before I quickly stood up, putting the necklace down in my pocket before I grabbed my jacket and ran out.

I'm done waiting,

I'm done waiting to tell the girl that I love most in this world how I feel about her,

I'm ready right now,

to tell Riley Matthews that I love her.

...........

T H I R D * P O V

Riley stood in front of her bathroom mirror, as she watched the tears trail down her rosy cheek. She hasn't been able to stop crying, she can't be with him. She can't be with Lucas.

She can't be with her soulmate because he's done so much for her, now it was her turn.

Riley looked down to the sink, as her chest caved in, another tear falling down into the sink. Her arms began to shake, before she found the strength to walk out of the bathroom, into the silent apartment.

She began to walk towards her bedroom, as she wiped her tears, before she suddenly heard a clutter, as she walked into her doorway, only to see the love of her life,

Lucas Friar, standing right there in front of her. Lucas breathlessly stared at Riley, both of their stomachs turning upside down, both of their heart were beating faster than ever before.

"Riley." Lucas whispered, and Riley could feel the tears beginning to build again, but she held them back.

Riley took another step forward into her room, as Lucas stood by the opened bay window, breathing in and out.

"Lucas, I-" "Riley," Lucas cut Riley off, by walking up to her and cupping her delicate face in his hands. Riley tried to hold back the tears as she looked into his green eyes. She began to shake her head, she knew what was going to happen.

"I just need you to hear this, please." Lucas begged, as he gazed into those chocolate brown eyes that he loved so much. He was so ready.

Riley felt the tears build into her eyes, as Lucas came closer. She shook her head.

"You're my everything, Riley Matthews. You're my stars in a sea of dark. Everything in my life was so messed up, I felt like I had no purpose, but then I met you, and you changed me, you changed my life, because you're the good in me, and without you, there's a whole lot of darkness." Lucas whispered, as he caressed Riley's cheeks effortlessly. Riley's heart began to beat louder, as she tried to hold back her tears even harder.

"I've known it since the second I laid my eyes on you, you and me, forever."

Riley's heart pounced, and she knew what he was going to say. A tear slipped down her cheek.

"I've known that you're the one. That you've always believed in me, that you never gave up on me. Nobody has ever done that for me, but you? I knew that you were different from the very first day, and I can't live without you, my God I can't. You are my life. You're everything I breathe for, you're all of my strength, you're everything to me. " Lucas spoke delicately, as he felt his tears build up also.

Riley began to shake her head, but Lucas held onto her tighter. She wanted to say it, she wanted to scream it right now, but she couldn't.

Suddenly, everything came into slow motion,

both of their hearts were beating for each other,

as Lucas held her closer than ever before, souls touching each others.

"I love you."

Lucas whispered breathlessly.

Riley looked up into Lucas' eyes, as she became speechless. He loved her.

"I always have." He spoke, as he caressed her beautiful hair, as a tear fell from his eye.

More tears fell from Riley's eyes, she finally heard the words she's wanted to hear all along.

Lucas' lips inched towards hers, but Riley backed away.

She began to shake her head, as the tears streamed down her face.

"R-Riley?" Lucas stuttered, as he walked back up to her and held her face in his hands again. He was waiting, he waiting for the words he longed for from someone his whole life, he was waiting for her to tell him that she loved him.

She looked him up in the eyes, her heart breaking more by the second. "N-No." She stuttered as she cried, remembering what Missy said.

She can't hurt him.

"Riley?" Lucas cried, as he looked at her.

Riley gazed into his beautiful eyes, as she set her hand to his cheek, as tears fell from his eyes.

"I can't love you."

Riley whispered, it instantly feeling like knives being stabbed into her stomach as she cried. Lucas' heart broke, as he stepped back, he felt everything crash down. "N-No." Lucas stuttered, as he shook his head, crying.

Riley wanted to scream, she wanted to run up and kiss him and tell him that she loved him, but because she did love him,

she turned around and ran out the door, crying.

Lucas fell down to the floor in tears,

as Riley ran to her car, and jumped inside.

she drove off as fast as she could, crying harder than ever before. she could barely breathe, she barely felt alive.

she quickly turned down a road and stopped at a stoplight,

one last tear fell from her eye,

before she looked forward to see bright lights coming towards her,

before

everything

went

blank.

.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265 30 15
It's sophomore year. Riley may have dealt with some demons, but this year there is plenty in store for her and Lucas. How will she deal with the poss...
128K 3.4K 39
The title says all. Ranges from weddings to disasters to jealousy to humor to DCOMs.
27.5K 377 24
a love which stretched beyond the lines of a page. © ava | 2016-2017
28.9K 1K 16
Don't act like I don't care rucas au