City of Crimson Desires

By Ashgrey3

Seven deadly sins inserted in the nephews of Lucifer started waking up, stretching arms of hunger in the sile... More

Part 1 City of Crimson Desires
Part 2 Prologue
Part 3 Sapphire in the wine
Part 4 Sinful tongue of pain
Part 5 Tender touch of Sadism
Part 6 Strigoi- Frozen Saga
Part 7 Strigoi-Tears of Desire
Part 8 Citadels- Different rules of Chess
Part 9 Petals that drip Sore
Part 10 Rhapsody in Red
Part 11 Stolen glances and Jealousy
Part 12 Check and Mate
Part 13 Apparition in Night
Part 14 Numbed
Part 15 Pleasurable Intents
Part 16 Babydoll House
Part 17 Masquerade
Part 18 Howling
Part 19 Missing piece of puzzle
Part 20 Do not go gentle into that good night
Part 22 Her Consort
Part 23 Palindrome
Part 24 Endgame
Part 25 Game of Cards: Queen, Jack and Ace of spades
Part 26 Epilogue - Aubade
Part 27 The Ball Part -I
Part 28 Ball Part-II

Part 21 Goodnight Dream

15 3 2
By Ashgrey3

Beep...
...Beep

The wavering lines on the heart monitor showed drop in his pulse activity. He was lying on hospital bed, IVs of both liquids and blood, and needles pierced into his arms and hands. His torso; chest with broken ribs were swathed with the bandages, gauze was covering his neck and shoulder.   The room smelt of chlorine, antiseptics and medicines dusting the atmosphere. Both his heartbeat and respiratory rate were still unstable, for he had been on ventilator. With an oxygen mask over his mouth for facilitated breathing, he looked much paler due to excessive blood loss. Body scrapped, frail and weak being on IVs for the two days.

Breathe in..
...Breathe out...

Anne stood outside of the ICU room, hand pressed against the round peeking glass of the wooden door. She remembered when they found him on the rooftop. His pulse had almost dropped, body cold; haemorrhaging because of severe internal injuries. There were no whereabouts of Edmond who set off to find Lee.
Lee was brought to the hospital in near dead state. Doctors admitted him in the emergency room and started treating his injuries to stop bleeding and stabilizing his heart and respiration.

Lee was her best pal and her partner in crime when she had to play with Derward about Xiang. When Regina and Derward first brought him home, she wasn't much fond of him being some possessive and anti- social girl she had been back then. Though nothing changed much still after then, but her possessiveness granted her to protect those around her. Lee didn't use to talk much or let alone make an eye contact. She always happened to listen to his midnight screams and yells of agony of his nightmares that originated from his traumatic sexual experience and slavery. She once had had a break down when his brother's murderer was finally found. She ran down the mansion and hid beneath the staircase, her secret spot to hide and cry for hours oblivious to anyone. When she was raking with sobs and rocked herself hugging her form, it happened to occur that she wasn't alone in her hideout. Lee was also crouching there, face hidden in his book though he couldn't have been reading anything in the pitch dark. She asked him if he was stalking her and accusation scared the hell out of the poor boy. Lee told him he couldn't sleep because he didn't feel safe while sleeping. That the man didn't leave him even in his slumber and always come to haunt him. Anne admitted her own fears sliding next to him that she couldn't remove the sight of his brother's murder. Then they started talking randomly,introducing themselves and chatting about house's members and servants. They spent all night talking nonsensically without realizing skip of time and hours lap. It was daybreak, and servants started carring out the house chores with Derward on the search hunting of them. When Anne was about to leave,Lee asked her if he could call her "Annie" and lent her his book. It appeared that giving book to her was a sign of acceptance of her in his small space and insignia of friendship. Next day Anne gave him glasses to wear so that it would not have been direct eye contact. She hugged him when he gave her another book. Lee hesitated a bit as he was not comfortable with the physical touch but hugged her back otherwise thanking for the glasses. Since then, it had been over four years and they were secret holders of each other and criminals in annoying Regina and Derward.

Anne turned around and saw Derward and Xiang talking with Regina in low voice whose brows narrowed at the news. She stalked up to them trying to make out their words by getting closer.

 " Most of them are already dead". Derward told Regina.
  "But one had a tail under our feet and his whereabouts had been traced".
"What did you find"? Regina asked harshly who was already trapped in the game of cat and mouse.

"From the confidential sources and after some evidence at the crime places, it's sure that you had been the target". Xiang stated looking at Regina's surprised face.
" What did I have to do anything with him"? Regina asked pressing on her bust wincing.
"Because he seemed to be on vengeance against you".Derward replied.
"Vengeance"? Anne interrupted them looking from Regina to Derward.
"I am afraid to tell you Miss Regina ..." Xiang paused scratching his nose with index finger in hesitation.
" Out already"! Regina pressed further urging him to finish his sentence.
"It's him...Grey wolf". Derward finished.
"Alexial" ! Regina shouted out in shock clutching her arm.
"Ala..." Anne stopped midway dropping her gaze on the floor grimacing.
"What about Edmond"? Regina asked again mind still interpreting the words she had listened.

Derward shook his head disappointing her. As they couldn't find any trace that could have led them to him. Regina sat down on a waiting bench.There wasn't any way that it could have been 'Alexial'. What did he has to do anything with Edmond? It's because she had freed Lee out of his claws or...
"How is Lee doing"? Derward broke the silence asking Anne.
"He hasn't been stabilized yet".
Anne bit her inner cheek inspecting Regina's condition.
"Ma'am your wounds need treatment right away". Regina lifted her head up meeting her intense demanding gaze.
"There is nothing I can't take...".
"You are coming home with me ".
Anne didn't wait for her reply and walked passed them out of the hospital. Regina sighed knowing Anne's stubborn and resolute nature. She left the seat and followed her outside after instructing Derward to keep her informed about Lee's condition and Edmond's trace.

Derward himself was an orphan who ended up in the streets given up by either his guardians or parents, which he never knew. He ran away from the orphanage house because the warden was a sadist pedophilic who tried to lay hands on him. Derward back then had nowhere to go so he took shelter in the underground tunnels and came across the triads. They took the young Derward in with them training him just like them. He was brought up as an assassin with guns in his hands and started running errands for the higher class targeting their victims. It was November night, pouring heavily making hard for Derward to see anything who was running away like a dog splashing through the puddles of rain through the alleys. He had been caught, surrounding by the screeching vehicles with men having him cornered against the wall by guns. A man opened the door of the car with an umbrella and a lady stepped out of it smirking at him. She ordered them to bring him. He had been taken to her mansion and she asked him if he could work for her. Derward had been a free bird never been questioned of his free will, rejected clearly. Regina being a vixen and knew how to play with the people 's psyche offered him a good deal of money along with the promise to take care of the warden of the  St. Marry Orphanage. It hit him like a tons of bricks that she had been keeping tabs on him for so long and compelled him to work for her. Regina being known for the lady of her word, had had the warden arrested with solid evidences. Regina had provided him with shelter, making him her right man which left no reason for him to leave her.

Despite being an shooter, he had been an orphan; denied of the acceptance, that's why he asked Regina to take Anne in and  Lee instead of sending them to orphanage. For a cold hearted like him, they always treated him like a brotherly figure; especially Lee. Lee happened to be goofball, his actions were enough to make everyone light hearted and laugh.

-
Edmond woke up with a hangover because of wearing affect of the drug. Alan was sleeping beside to him, hand draped over his waist. He didn't know what happened to Alan that changed him so much. It's was like he was seeing a new person, stranger to him. He closed his eyes, heel of palm pressing in to soothe the headache.

'Lee'

He turned to lie on his right side and the slight movement made Alan's grip stronger on him. He sighed wondering if Lee had been alright.

'Edmond'

His name that came out in broken sob out of Lee's mouth burdened his heart.
' How could Alan do that to him'? Lee didn't deserve any of that.
.
.
.
.
.
"Someone is coming". Lee whispered panicking as Derward was trying to unlock the door. Edmond shushed him raising a finger to his lips. Lee fidgeted around tapping his feet  impatiently. His ears perked up as he heard footsteps approaching. They had been appointed by Regina on mission and it turned out they had a back against the wall, in other words dead end.
"Derward sir..." Lee yelped as Edmond covered his mouth with palm who blinked up at him.
"Keep it low". Edmond told him whispering.
"Who is there"? Someone asked them in stony voice.

 Derward and Edmond looked at each other with questioning eyes as they saw a silhouette. They silently nodded to each other eyeing a Lee who was shaking his head frantically. Xiang entered the room and his jaw dropped to the floor before a sight he had just witnessed. Edmond's mouth was forced upon panicking Lee who had been sandwiched between Edmond and Derward. Derward had Edmond's leg around his hip rubbing and caressing his thigh.
"Derward, you traitor"! Xiang yelled at them making them jumped apart.
.
.
.
.
Edmond silently chuckled at the memory. Lee's face was burning red like a beetroot when he kissed him. 'His soft delicate lips that draw you in...'
He pushed the thought at the back of his mind. He had to deal with Alan first. He pressed his face in the pillow clenching its cover.

'Lee'

He just wanted to know if he's alright. If only he could learn about his condition. His hand raised to his chest, feeling as if his heart had been squeezed.

'Why does it hurt so much'?

-
Lee didn't know where he was standing. It was pure white, blinding light and he shaded his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Lee"!

 He heard someone calling him and he followed the voice of its owner. Lee beamed up when he saw Edmond standing there with extending hand smiling up at him.
"Edmond"! He smiled walking up to him and placed his palm over his. Edmond intertwined his fingers with him tugging him forward and started running towards a room.
"Where are you taking me"? Lee asked racing beside Edmond who threw him another smile leading them inside a round white room. Crystal white curtains were flaring and dancing with the blow of gentle breeze. They both glided through them laughing, chasing around each other in a dance of hide and seek. Edmond slipped behind Lee's back who was covering his mouth with hand. Edmond snaked his arms around his waist and twirled him around earning a yelp from the younger boy. They both fell on a bed covered in the white rose petals. Lee landed on the top of Edmond laughing with Edmond's hands holding him by waist. Edmond grinned up at him narrowing his eyes. He tickled Lee's ribs earning a kick from Lee who was both giggling and shouting at him to stop. Edmond kissed his cheek, lips pressing gently against his soft mouth in a prolonged lazy kiss. Lee bent down smiling never breaking the mouth off. But his smile faded as he tasted salt on his tongue. He pulled away only to find tears trailing down Edmond's face.
"Why are you crying"? Lee asked thumb brushing away the tears.
"Because when you're  hurt..." Edmond spoke kissing Lee's chest sensing his heartbeat.
"Pain pours out of here". He pointed at his eye that shed another teardrop.
"Edmond...." Lee looked around as things started fading away in white dust. Darkness took over the hot white light swallowing up the dimension .
"Lee..." Edmond voice disappeared as ground beneath Lee's feet gave away making him fall down the pitch dark hole.

.
.
.
Derward had been sitting there watching over Lee's sleeping form. He bolted his head up as Lee's breathing became loud and erratic as he started to lose his breaths. Derward checked the heart monitor and his pulse fell lower. He rushed out of the room without wasting time calling for doctors. Doctors barged in the room, surrounding him and checking his pulse rate.

"His pulse is dropping much faster". The head doctor told others thumb pressing on his pulse line of the wrist.

"He is losing heartbeat ".
"Dephibrilator"!
They switched on the electrocution machine bringing pacers near to his chest.

" On the count of...
3
.
.
2
.
.
1

Beep..
...Beep

Lee's body jerked up as they placed pacers on his chest giving electrical pulses to his heart.

"Again"!

3
.
.
2
.
.
1

Beep...
...Beep

"We are losing him"!

"Again"!

3
.
.
2
.
.
1

Bee...............
....
..................................................................

A/N: I realized that in the last chapter, I interrupted the reading flow and mood by adding a memory. So I removed that part and re -added in this chapter. Apology to readers for confusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 47 23
"I'll start with . . ." It boomed, gazing around, letting it's gaze settle on ______ "You." *** Seven deadly sins, seven children, find their destiny...
2.2K 94 16
He found me. He kissed me. He taught me how to drive. The gun, taught me to kill people, taught me to survive in this sinful city. The only thing he...
2 0 12
In a world of angels and demons, humans are a rare commodity, and any who survived The Great War is in hiding. Now, years after the war started, your...
1.1K 65 23
Lilith had no recollection of her life. She lost everything aside from her name. Saved from certain death, she found herself a home in the residence...