New Beginnings {ACM}

By mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 38

1.4K 28 0
By mahonestars

Song of the chapter: Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon

It rang twice before he picked up. "Emily!"

Sounds important. Damn.

"Jace? I saw that you tried calling earlier, but my phone never rang. Is everything okay?"

"I tried about ten minutes ago, so you didn't miss me by much. And no, everything is not okay."

"What's up?"

"It's Leah."

My heart dropped. "Oh my god, what happened?"

"She's missing."

Emily's POV

I froze. "W-what do you mean she's m-missing?"

"I mean as in gone, we can't find her, she didn't come home. That kind of missing," Jace said.

"Did you try calling her?"

"She left her phone at the house because she was at work. Her coworkers last saw her in her car leaving."

"Where's Quinn?"

"Calling all of Leah's friends with my parents."

"Maybe she just got stuck in traffic?" I hoped.

"That's a long time to be stuck in traffic considering she worked yesterday evening," Jace said.

Shit.

"Jace, calm down. I'll get Austin and we'll be there as soon as we can, okay?"

"Okay, let me know if she calls you!"

"I will." I hung up and dumped the rest of my tea in the sink before running out the door. Thank god I was done with that walking boot and my ankle was all healed up.

I burst through the doors of the rehearsal hall, causing Austin and the band to stop what they were doing and glanced in my direction. Taylor and Alex were there too, with Lucy.

I bent over and put my hands on my knees, out of breath. "Jace...called...Leah...gone..."

That was apparently enough for Austin to comprehend because his eyes widened and he jumped off the stage, throwing a quick "Rehearsals are done until further notice!" over his shoulder to the band as he ran over. Taylor and Alex weren't far behind.

"Leah's gone?" Taylor asked as I led them into the hallway.

"To where, the store? Because I really should call her and tell her to buy me new underpants while she's there," Alex said.

Taylor smacked him across the head. "You idiot! She's missing!"

"Oh...that makes more sense," he said, before screaming, "LEAH'S MISSING!?"

That caused Lucy to start crying in Taylor's arms and this time Austin smacked Alex. "Good going, dude, you scared her!" Austin took Lucy from Taylor and tried to calm her down.

"Stop hitting me, my head is as fragile as an egg!"

"Is the inside of your head all mush like the inside of an egg?" Taylor shot back.

"Can everybody just shut up?" I exclaimed. "Jace wants us at the house."

"We can't take Luce," Austin said loudly over her crying.

"Alex and I will watch her," Taylor said.

"What about my car?" I said.

"I'll drive it back to my place now and drive it to yours when I bring Lucy back. Alex and I both came in his vehicle so I don't have my car here anyway."

"Are you sure it's not a problem?"

"Yes, just go." She took Lucy from Austin and waved us off. "Call us if you hear anything."

"Thanks, you guys!" the two of us said before hurrying out the side exit door to the parking lot. We jumped in Austin's car and floored it out of the lot.

"When did Jace call?" Austin asked as we hit the freeway.

"He tried before but my cell never rang so I called back to see what he wanted."

"Leah doesn't have her phone?" Austin asked. "What kind of teenage girl doesn't carry around her phone all the time?"

"She was at work," I told him. "So a responsible one."

"I didn't think a sixteen year old girl could disappear so easily."

"Never underestimate the criminals of Miami," I shuddered.

"Do you think she was taken?" Austin asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

We got to Quinn's house ten minutes later and parked on the street. "Oh my god," I said. There were cop cars and detectives everywhere.

Quinn and Jace were sitting on the front steps. Quinn had her head on her older brother's shoulder.

I followed Austin as we walked up the driveway. When they saw us, they jumped up and ran over.

"Thank god!" Quinn cried fresh tears as she ran at Austin and threw her arms around his waist. "I'm seconds away from losing it."

While he comforted her, I hugged Jace. "Anything new?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. The detectives are talking to our parents."

"Where's Jesse?"

"He's on his way," Quinn said. She pulled away from Austin and came over to me while Jace moved to talk to Austin. I rubbed my friend's back. "They'll find her, Quinn, alright?"

"What if they don't?" She sobbed. "Or what if they do but she's...you know..." She couldn't finish as she burst into fresh tears again. The poor girl was a wreck; her hair was thrown into a long sloppy ponytail, and she was wearing sweats with one of Jace's sweaters. She looked like she hadn't slept all night, her brother the same.

Jace wrapped Quinn in a hug. "She's a strong girl, sis. She'll be fine."

"Where's Sheridan?" Austin asked.

Quinn wiped her eyes. "She's, uh, at our grandma's house. I didn't want her around this; she would keep asking where Leah was."

"Yeah, we left Lucy with Taylor and Alex," I said.

Quinn's mom came over. Her eyes were red. "The police need you two to answer some questions," she said quietly, talking to her two kids.

They nodded and I gave Quinn's hand one last squeeze before they went over. Their mom, Becky, turned to Austin and I. "Thank you for coming, kids. It means a lot to Jace and Quinn."

"It's no problem, Mrs. Bradshaw," I said. "We'll help in any way we can."

"Please, call me Becky," she insisted. "Where's your little one?"

"We left her with Taylor and Alex," Austin spoke. "We thought it would be better."

Becky nodded. "I see. Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to go speak with Allan." Allan was her husband.

We nodded and she left. I turned to my boyfriend. "I can't imagine what they're going through right now."

He put an arm around my shoulder. "Leah will show up. I'm sure she's okay."

Just then, Jesse's car squealed around the corner of the street and he flew up to the curb. He jumped out and hurried over to us. "Hey, where's Quinn?" he asked, out of breath.

"Answering questions for the cops," Austin said, shaking his hand. I gave him a quick hug.

"I had to find someone to cover for me at work," Jesse told us. "So I'm a little late."

We talked for a few minutes before Jace and Quinn came back. Quinn ran into Jesse's arms immediately.

"Let's head inside," Jace said. "Get away from all this."

We followed our friends inside and gathered in the kitchen. "Do you guys want something to drink?" Jace asked.

"A water is fine," I said, Austin agreeing.

"I'm good for now, thanks," Jesse said.

Quinn went to the fridge and pulled out a Budweiser, cracking the can open and taking a swig.

"Quinn, no!" Jace exclaimed, yanking it out of her hands.

"Oh, like you give a damn," she snapped at him, trying to take it back. "Give it back!"

"You're not even of legal age!"

"So what? Teenagers drink underage all the time now! Don't even lecture me about that, Jace," she shrieked. "Now hand it over, that's my beer!" She was actually trying to climb up her brother to get the beer he was holding way over his head.

"Quinn!" Jesse said, jumping up and grabbing her around the waist, trying to pull her back. I stood up and hurried over to Jace, grabbing the beer from him and dumping the rest down the sink. A waste, I know, but it needed to be done.

"What the hell?" Quinn screamed. "Why'd you do that?"

Austin grabbed her legs, which were flailing everywhere.

"I just- I need to relax, to calm down, and the alcohol helps!" she yelled. "Let me go!" A few seconds later she started sobbing again and went limp in her boyfriend's arms. I hated seeing her like this; it broke my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 1.4K 29
Love is a scary thing. Life is a crazy ride. Mary is Austin Mahone's bestfriend. She has watched him play girls, and knows his every trick. What happ...
88.5K 817 48
Will their love last?
82.2K 1.8K 39
[LOOKING FOR A BAD FAN-FIC? HERE YOU GO!]"It wasn't about where you ended up, but the road you traveled. And through that rocky fangirling road to me...
314 37 16
[SEQUEL TO PROMISE?] It's 5 years later. Daniel and Emily (Previously known as Emma) are married! With Emily's little brother Everett and her 2 year...