Not Anymore [Book One]

By qwertyuiop243

"You are NOT my brother, hoying." "What?" "..Not anymore." More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8-damaged
blown away
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19-Me myself and I
chapter 20
chapter 21-break free
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25-Take Me To The River
chapter 27
chapter 28ㅡgood bye.
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
preview

chapter 26-21.1kHz

75 10 0
By qwertyuiop243

Hey guys...
Listen, today there's a story about frequencies and stuff. I don't know the exact measure of frequencies and it might be diffrent in my country, but what I wrote... Just try to move on even when some parts aren't true, okay?
Okay
Bye, I love you all truly.

Scott's POV

"We're home!!" Mitch hollered.

"Hello." Mom's voice rang out.

I raised an eyebrow. Hello? Was that it?

"Kirstie honey may I talk to you for a second?" Dad's voice rang out as well. Dad was home?
That was unusual.

Kirstie opened our parent's room door and walked in.

Mitch walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Scottttyyy." He moaned. I kissed his head.

"Mom's acting wierd." He said after kissing me. I nodded. "I know right."

"I don't know why." He looked disturbed and I didn't want him going through anything at his state.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it's nothing." I assured him.

Then we heard screaming. It was Kirstie.

Mitch started towards his parent's room, but I knew better. It was her real scared scream. I didn't want Mitch to get hurt. I was going in.
I held Mitch back. "Wait."

There was silence and a moment later, Kirstie sagged out the door. She didn't look at us.

"K?" I called.

She looked at me with sad eyes.
She didn't say a word.

"Kirstie?" Mitch sounded conserned. "Kat??"

Kirstie smiled at us, her eyes sad.
Then she walked into her room.
I looked at Mitch. He shrugged.
We went in our parent's room. "Mom?" He called.

"Mitch get your things out." Mom said.

"Out of where, exactly?" Mitch asked.

"Out of your room." dad said from across the room.

"Why?"

"You'll have your own room from now on." he said sternly. "So move out."

"Dad I don't need my own room." Mitch said, trying to read their expressions.

"I said, move out." Dad declared, his eyes flashing.

"Dad..."

"NOW." Mitch looked at me and I started.

"Mom-"

"Scott do as we say." she had no laugh in her voice. Her eyes were ice.
We walked out, defenceless.

"What do you think is wrong?" Mitch asked, looking worried. I shrugged.

"I don't know, but please don't worry." I said.
"I don't want you to be upset."

He smiled. "I love you."

I kissed him full on the lips without answering. He kissed back, eagerly.
Just then, Kirstie slammed into us.
Mitch yelped and fell to the ground.

"Kirstie!" I exclaimed. She didn't say anything and left the room quickly.

"What's up with her?" I questioned.

"I don't know, but I think she saved our life." Mitch whispered, pointing to the doorway.
Mom and dad were walking out.
Whoa
That was close.

I helped Mitch up and we headed to our room.

Mitch's POV

I dropped my books when I realized where I was going to stay: Mom's room.

"Mom, what about you?" I asked.

"I'll share a room with your father." she said, moving her makeup out.

"Mom I don't need my own room. I'm fine with Scott. Really." Mom's eyes flashed.

"Of course you are." she said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Mom-"

"Do As I Say." Mom left her-my-room.

I groaned as I flopped down in my bed.
something was wrong.
Something was very very wrong.

Just then I heard a small knock.

"Cumin!"

Kirstie ran in, slamming the door behind her.

"Kat?" I stood up. "What happened to you? What did mom say? Why didn't you speak? Why did you scream? What happened?"

Kirstie hobbled over to me and grabbed my arm. Her eyes were crazy. She walked funny.

"K?"

She fell on me and I grabbed her. "K!"
She grasped my mouth. She mouthed like she was really talking, but her voice didn't come out. Tears came to her eyes and seeing her made me tear up, too.

"Kirstie, what's wrong?" I asked, trying to be calm. "Talk to me. Talk."

Her voice seemed to be around, but it didn't come to my ears. "Kirstie..."
Just then Scott came in. "Hey you forgot your-" he stopped when he saw us both crying.

"What's wrong?"

"Scott help her!" I cried. He rushed over and hugged me. "Babe what's wrong?"

"There's something wrong with her voice. I can't hear her, but I'm 100% certain she's talking, Scott. Help her!"

Scott walked to Kirstie and touched her throat. "Speak." he ordered.
Kirstie mouthed again. She seemed pained.

"Yup. She's talking." Scott pulled away.

"But why can't we hear her?" I asked.

Scott started searching her body for something. He rolled her sleeves up, pulled at her sweater, searched her neck, until...

"Found it!" he said. I leaned over.

On her shoulder, there was a clear needle mark. It was covered with blood stains.
I gasped. "K...."

Scott looked at her with those blue eyes.
"Mom?"

She shook her head.

"Dad?"

She nodded, crying.

"Why what did he do?" I asked.

"Wait babe call Tyler." Scott said and I did, raising my eyebrows.

"Hellllo?" Tyler's voice rang out.

"Tye hon, do me a favor. Put this phone call on speaker and hold it in front of your dog."
Scott said, nodding at Kirstie.

"Sure!" Odd enough, this wasn't the most wierdest thing Scott asked Tyler to do over the phone, so Tyler obliged without complaining.

Kirstie started screaming without sound. Over the phone, Tyler's dog barked and barked.

"He's going crazy." I heard Troye in the background. "He never barks."

Scott smiled and hung up. "Done."

I stared at him, confused. "No, not done. What happened to Kirstie?"

"Kirstie thinks she's speaking ordinarily, but in real life, she's only speaking in 21.1kHz.
The average frequency of a human is 8kHz.
21.1kHz can only be heard by dogs and whales. Or an alien, maybe."

"So why is she talking that way?"

"Dad put meds in her." Scott touched the mark and Kirstie winced.

"Why?" I asked, almost screaming.

"I guess he didn't want her to tell us something?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 164 22
"Mitch Grassi.....Is dead."
12.2K 236 23
"Are they after me?" "Yes. But I'll keep you safe. They won't take you away from me. I won't let them."
19.4K 492 20
"Springtrap, stop this isn't funny!" "But I am so close... So close..."
187K 4K 25
"You're not a Villain anymore?" "Yep, I'm done. That life wasn't for me. And either way, I have greater responsibilities.."