New Beginnings {ACM}

By mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 27

1.7K 34 0
By mahonestars

Song of the chapter: Blank Space by Taylor Swift

Emily's POV

"Draw something cool."

"I'm running out of things to draw; I've taken up more than half of your cast already."

I shrugged. "You're creative. Think of something."

It had been two weeks since I had broken my ankle tripping over Lucy's toy, and I gotta tell you, getting around was not a piece of cake. Austin would carry me up and down the stairs, even when I insisted on hopping. I think he was just nervous that I would break my other ankle. Wouldn't put it past myself to do just that. He was being a very good doctor, and he was a big help with Lucy.

The wheelchair was helpful because I could carry Lucy around easier, and I could use my hands for something useful instead of having to crutch around constantly.

"There, I'm done," Austin capped the marker he was using to draw on my cast and inspected his art. "I think that looks radical."

"Radical?" I giggled.

He grinned. "Yeah! Look at it."

He had drawn a big fancy treble clef and woven his name through it, right next to Lucy's scribble that has her signature.

"Looks sweet," I approved. "Wanna paint my toes now?"

"Ha, no." He got up from his spot on our bedroom floor. "I have to start supper."

"Oooh, what are you making?" I said.

"Just for my favorite cripple, I'll make lasagna. With pickles on the side."

"You rock," I grinned. "Except if you call me cripple one more time, I'll boot you with this cast."

"You aren't booting me with anything, especially with that bad ankle. You'll make it worse," Austin replied.

"Then you better sleep with one eye open."

He pouted. "I can't sleep with one eye open."

I just shook my head. "Come on, let's go before we wake up Lucy. She's having a terrible day and I'd really rather not have to deal with her at the moment."

I hauled myself from the bed but Austin stopped me when I went to hop. "No way, I'll carry you down."

I sighed. "Austin, I can hop down. Or slide down on my ass."

He shook his head. "You might slip and fall."

"Being extra cautious now, are we?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly." He bent and scooped me up, heading out the door.

"I feel like a child," I muttered.

"Suck it up."

I scoffed. "Like I have a choice because you're going to keep doing it no matter what I say."

"Awe, you know me so well."

"I know you better than anyone," I said.

"True enough." When we got to the kitchen, he put me down carefully on one foot and I slid into my wheelchair.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" I asked as I wheeled over to the table.

Austin shrugged as he started taking stuff out for the lasagna. "Alex wanted to go out, but he ended up getting sick so I guess that's not happening anymore."

"How did he get sick?"

My boyfriend started laughing. "He made Taylor mad a couple days ago and she didn't talk to or see him until yesterday. He said she just grabbed him and they started making out for some reason; I guess she didn't tell him she was really sick."

I shook my head. "The things that girl comes up with for revenge. It's a miracle. Alex is still alive."

"Nah, Taylor would never intentionally harm Alex." Austin paused. "I think."

"Well since you're not doing anything, want to watch movies?"

"Sure. What do you want to watch?"

"Pitch Perfect?"

"Oh my god, yes. I love that movie," Austin exclaimed.

"Clearly, since you watch it every weekend."

"It never gets old."

"That is true," I nodded. "Remember when you first met Rebel Wilson at the MTV Movie Awards?"

"How can I forget? She basically attacked me in a bear hug and told me how much she loved my music. And said some other dirty things," he told me. "I would rather not repeat them."

I laughed. "She means well. She's hilarious."

"It was an awesome experience," Austin agreed.

Pancakes trotted into the kitchen at that moment from the hallway and came over to me. "Hey girl." I scratched behind her ears. "Do I want to know what you were doing at the other end of the house?"

She wagged her tail at me before licking up my face, making me laugh.

Sitting down in the wheelchair, I was almost her height when she was sitting down. She was a big dog in general, and she wasn't even two yet.

I gave her one last pat before she went over to Austin and sat obediently by the counter, staring up at him.

He glanced down at her while he preparing the veggies. "Staring at me like a suck up isn't going to get you food, Pancakes."

She let out a cross between a whimper and a bark. I don't even know how to explain it, but she did it whenever she wanted something and wasn't getting it. I'm telling you, she's a spoiled dog.

"Pancakes, no," Austin said.

She kept staring at him and scooching closer before he finally sighed and dropped a carrot down to her. "You're one spoiled dog, you know that?"

Pancakes was too busy happily munching on the carrot to notice that her "master" was chastising her.

"It's you who spoils her," I pointed out as I wheeled past him to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"It's not my fault she always gives me these big puppy dog eyes!"

"Kind of like the ones you give me when you want me to say yes to something?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly."

I grinned before taking a sip of water.

"Oh, Elle Meadows called earlier."

The water that had just entered my mouth shot out like a geyser. "What?" I spluttered.

"Damn, now I have to clean that up," Austin whined.

"Why didn't you say something earlier?" I cried.

"I forgot," he shrugged. "She just said to tell you that the music video was in the editing stage and she'll call a couple of days before it's premiere."

"Try and remember to tell me these things, Austin."

"I do try. But that's the key word: TRY."

I shook my head and set the water bottle on my lap. "I'm going to read in the living room."

"Yep."

I wheeled through the kitchen door but hit the hallway wall. "Ow!"

Austin peeked his head through with a look of concern before he saw my state. He was trying not to laugh. "Again? That's the third time in two days."

"Wheeling this thing around is harder than it looks," I snapped.

"For someone as uncoordinated as you, yeah."

I whipped my water bottle at him, but he dodged it. It sailed back into the kitchen. "Your violent streak is showing."

"Go make supper."

"Are Aunt Flow and Uncle Tom visiting you this month?"

"Go away, Austin!"

"Alright, alright, I'm going."

I backed up and finally made it to the living room where my book was sitting on the coffee table. I hauled myself out of the wheelchair and flopped onto the couch.

As soon as I opened it, I heard Lucy start crying and I groaned. "Austin, can you get her please?"

"Just a second," he called back.

"You don't want to make her madder than she already is."

"I know, Ems, but I've got my hands full, I can't do two things at once!" I heard a pan drop and Austin let out a string of curses.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I felt bad for him. He had to do basically everything now. I tried to help as much as I could, but it was difficult with a bad ankle.

"I'm coming, Luce," Austin yelled as he passed the doorway to the living room and headed upstairs.

A few minutes later he came back down and walked in carrying her whimpering form.

"Hey, sweetie," I cooed as he handed her to me. "You just aren't having a good day, are you?"

She rubbed her watery eyes and started crying again, burying her face in my neck. I looked up at Austin. "I'll just sit here until she falls back asleep."

"Suit yourself. I'll finish supper." He walked out, but came back shortly after with a bottle. "This might help. She's clearly not going to eat anything."

"Thanks," I said gratefully as I took it from him.

It took a while, but after two kicks to the ribs, a hit to the face and neck, a full bottle, and a screaming fit later, Lucy finally fell asleep.

"Supper's re-" Austin stopped when he came in and saw Lucy asleep in my arms. He came over and gently took her. He glanced at my face. "What's with the red mark?"

"Lucy hit me."

"Ouch." He bent to kiss her forehead softly. "Your mom is already hurt, I don't think you need to be adding to it," he whispered to her as he carried her back to bed.

I got back in my wheelchair and wheeled to the kitchen to wait. He came back down a minute later and sat across from me at the table.

"It smells great," I smiled. "And you even made a face out of pickles for me. You're a gem."

Austin grinned. "I figured you would like it."

We ate and made small talk, with Pancakes getting bits of scraps. Thats what happens when you spoil a pet. Well, that's what happens when Austin spoils a pet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.6K 26
♡ SEQUEL IS UP ♡ Emily was trying to have a normal relationship with her boyfriend, but how can anything be normal when you're dating a well-known su...
12.7K 439 24
My life was a mess until i meet Austin, he turned my life upside down and i love him for it. I just never knew when your at your happiest, it can als...
114K 1.3K 48
Chloe is Alex Constancio's sister. Alex moved away from Texas to Miami to attend college Chloe just turned 18 so she is excited to finally be done wi...
40.1K 935 42
Jessica Wilson and her small family suddenly moved to San Antonio. At first, she wanted nothing to do with Texas, until she met someone. She found he...