New Beginnings {ACM}

Od mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 9

2.3K 42 0
Od mahonestars

Song of the chapter: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkaon

Emily's POV

"Sooner or later, you'll have to do it. I'd go with sooner. Take it and no one gets hurt."

"I can't."

"C'mon, it's not going to kill you."

"It might."

"Austin, you're being ridiculous, just take it!"

"But it's icky, Emily," he whined from the couch. I was in the process of trying to give my sick, dork of a boyfriend cough syrup, but I wasn't succeeding.

"If you don't take it, you're not going to get better, and you'll end up getting me and Lucy sick. A sick baby is not a good thing."

"I'm fine," Austin said before coughing.

I rolled my eyes. "You're not fine. Open up."

He relented and grudgingly opened his mouth so I could give him the syrup. His face immediately scrunched up. "That's disgusting!"

"I know, but it'll make you feel better," I went to put the medicine away before coming back and laying a blanket over him. "You should rest."

Austin sighed. "Fine, but if the studio calls, wake me up."

"I'll take care of it if they do. I'll make you soup for when you get up," I replied.

Austin's eyes were already closed when I left the living room to go to the kitchen. My mom had been looking after Lucy while I was here taking care of Austin, and it had helped me out a lot.

While I boiled the water for the soup, my phone rang. I jumped and quickly answered it so it wouldn't wake up Austin.

"Hello?"

"Hey Emily," Leah said from the other end.

"Oh, hey Leah, how's it going?"

"Pretty good. I was just calling to see if you wanted me to pick Lucy up from your mom's. I know you were going to get her later on, but you probably don't want to leave Austin alone either. Plus, your mom lives two minutes from my school; I can get Luce on my way home."

"You know what? That would be great, Leah," I sighed with relief. "Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Of course not, I love that little girl. I'll see you in an hour or so."

"Alright, see ya." I hung up and poured the soup in the now boiling water.

I flipped through a magazine while I waited. When it was done, I poured it in a thermos to keep it warm. I sighed tiredly and threw my hair up in a bun.

Austin had been sick for a few days now. It had just hit him out of the blue. First he had the flu, so two days ago I was up all night with him. Now he had a cold so he was coughing and complaining 24/7. He's barely slept at all.

I kept myself busy by cleaning, and before I knew it, Leah's car was pulling into the driveway. I was putting everything away when she came through the door holding Lucy in one arm, Lucy's bag in the other.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Hello," I smiled. "And hello to you, too," I added as I took Lucy and her bag from Leah. "Thanks for bringing her home, I really appreciate it."

"No problem at all," Leah said.

"Do you want to stay for tea? I was just about to have some," I told her.

"Oh, I don't want to intrude with Austin being sick," she started, but I cut her off.

"It's fine, he's sleeping anyways. Come on, I want to hear about your classes and the hot gossip," I mock pouted. "I miss high school drama."

Leah laughed. "Well, okay. I'll just call my parents and let them know." She went into the hallway.

I kissed Lycy's forehead and set her down on the ground while I made the tea. Leah came back a few minutes later.

"They're cool with it," she said.

"I like your outfit," I smiled. I really liked Leah. Actually, I loved Quinn's whole family. They were like family to me and Austin.

"Thanks!" She was wearing a neon green t-shirt that made her green eyes pop with a black vest, jean shorts, and black biker boots. Her brown hair was pulled back into a long curly ponytail. Same style as her sister, in general, although Quinn had way more piercings. Leah also had her nose pierced like Quinn.

Leah picked Lucy up and sat her on her lap while I brought the tea to the table. "So how's school going?"

"It's alright," Leah said. "I'm not really a big fan of most of my teachers, but the classes are okay. Math is my favourite."

"Mine too!" I said. "Well, it was. I guess I'm not in school anymore."

"At least I've got my softball," she laughed.

"I didn't know you played softball."

"Yeah, I've been playing my whole life, almost. I'm hoping to get a scholarship."

"That'd be awesome," I agreed.

Leah hesitated. "There is one little problem I'm having."

"Guy troubles?" I guessed.

"Is it that obvious?"

"No, I just guessed," I admitted. "Although I kind of figured. What's up?"

"So, I like this guy. His name is Bryce, and he's in three of my classes. Sometimes I think he likes me too, but my friend Jenna likes him a lot, and when Jenna sets her sights on a guy, you're better off not even looking at him. Technically, she liked him first, but if he likes me too, which I think he does, shouldn't I just go for it? I mean, it's not my fault he likes me and not Jenna! But she might hate me after, and our friendship will be shot to hell, and I just don't know what I should do!" She took a deep breath at the end of her rant.

"Wow," I said after she was done.

"Yeah, I know. My love life is messed up."

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Please." She nodded.

"Well, I wasn't great in the guy department when I was in high school. Ask anybody, and I mean anybody. But based on past experience and seeing other people go through it, I'd say talk to Jenna about it first. Just flat out tell her, but don't let a guy come in between your friendship. Ask yourself what's more important: a guy, or your friend."

"Sound reasonable. But what if she gets mad at me and doesn't want to be friends anymore?" Lucy reached out and grabbed Leah's finger.

"If she's really your friend, she'll get over it and be happy for you," I laughed lightly. "I know it's not the best advice."

"It's the best advice I've gotten. Quinn just told me to go for it and to not care what Jenna thinks. Thanks Emily," Leah smiled.

"No problem."

Austin sleepily shuffled into the kitchen, his hair everywhere, in sweats, and shirtless, like usual. Leah blushed, and I giggled.

"Sorry, I can't help it," she whispered with a smile.

He caught sight of us. "Hey Ems, hey Leah," he said huskily. I swear, boys with sleepy voices is the sexiest shit ever.

Leah waved. "How you feeling?" I asked.

"Better than before."

I stood up and walked to the stove to pour him the soup. "Here, eat this."

"Thanks," he smiled lightly. He really did look like hell, for lack of a better word.

He sat down at the table and reached out to stroke Lucy's cheek. "Hey, sweetie. I would kiss you, but I don't want you sick."

She clapped her hands and bent her head back to look at Leah, who laughed. Lucy shrieked in response.

Austin whistled before breaking down into a coughing fit. "What'd I say about whistling for the dog while you're sick?" I scolded, hands on my hips.

"Not to do it," my boyfriend muttered after his coughing subsided.

"Exactly."

Pancakes trotted into the room and set her head in Austin's lap. He scratched her ears. "Hey girl."

Leah checked her watch. "I'd better get going. Mom's expecting me back to watch Sheridan," she set Lucy down and stood up. "Thanks for the tea and talk, Emily."

"Anytime," I smiled. "Come over whenever."

"Will do," she grinned before grabbing her keys. "See you guys later. Bye Luce!"

"See you, Leah," I said. "Thanks again!"

"Later," Austin croaked. She waved and headed into the hallway. The front door opened and closer a moment later.

"That was nice of her to bring Lucy back," Austin commented.

"Yeah, it was." I checked my watch. "Awesome, it's five. My Little Pony is on, it'll keep her occupied." I scooped Lucy up and brought her to the living room and turned on the TV to the right channel.

Austin sauntered in a few minutes later. "I'll watch her; I'll be on the couch anyways."

"Perfect, I'm going for a shower then." I hurried upstairs.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

112K 1.3K 48
Chloe is Alex Constancio's sister. Alex moved away from Texas to Miami to attend college Chloe just turned 18 so she is excited to finally be done wi...
2.6K 240 23
Victoria Adams from a small town in Texas. Kerrville, Texas. Spring Break has arrived and the Adams family will be visiting Victoria and Annabelle's...
88.5K 817 48
Will their love last?
93.1K 1.4K 29
Love is a scary thing. Life is a crazy ride. Mary is Austin Mahone's bestfriend. She has watched him play girls, and knows his every trick. What happ...