New Beginnings {ACM}

By mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 7

2.8K 42 0
By mahonestars

Song of the chapter: Birthday by Selena Gomez

Emily's POV

"I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream," I quietly sang to myself as I put my earrings in. I just finished watching Sleeping Beauty with Lucy, and the song was now stuck in my head. It was a beautiful song, though, so who cares.

"The gleam in your eyes is so familiar- oh god!" I was cut off by arms sliding around my waist from behind and lifting me off the ground.

"Happy birthday, Ems!" Austin said happily as he spun me around.

"Austin, put me down!" I laughed.

He finally did and dipped me before he planted a firm kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I smiled when we broke apart, lightheaded.

"Well, I figured since you were singing a princess song, I'd sweep you off your feet like Prince Charming," he said. "Plus, it's your birthday. I can't believe you're 21," I giggled. "You make me sound old. You're 21.! You're older than me by a few weeks."

"Touché." He flopped down onto the bed. "Sorry I wasn't here this morning when you woke up. I wish I never had to go to the studio last minute."

He shrugged. "It's fine, you can't help it. I watched a movie with Lucy anyway."

"Where is she?"

"Sleeping."

"Ah. Well, Taylor and Alex said for us to call them when we want them to come over, so when is that, exactly?" He asked me.

"Lucy's probably going to be out for a while, but whenever is fine." I grabbed the baby monitor and headed downstairs, Austin following.

"I'm making a birthday supper tonight, so you either need to leave for a while, or stay out of the kitchen," he told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you now? You don't have to do that."

"I want too. And I'm starting like right away, so no offence, but get out now."

I raised my hands to my shoulders. "Alright, I'm going. I'll be upstairs." I turned around and went back up the stairs, not knowing what I was going to do. I decided I would read for a bit.

I grabbed my book and jumped onto the bed, making myself comfortable. I made it about ten minutes before I had to stop. "I have absolutely no motivation to read right now." A completely random idea hit me. "I know..."

I crawled off the bed onto the floor and took my shoes off. "Alright, Emily, you can do this. It's just a cartwheel," I told myself. "It can't be that hard."

I still didn't know how to do a cartwheel, so I thought I would teach myself now. Almost like a birthday present to me from me. Plus, our room was huge, so I had tons of room to be flipping around.

My first attempt was a complete fail. I got as far as putting my hands on the ground before I fell on my knees. "Okay, maybe it is pretty hard," I groaned as I got up to try again. "I am going to get this. All you do is put your hands down and turn sideways back onto your feet. It should be a piece of cake!"

I managed to turn somewhat the second time, but my legs still weren't straight. "Damn it!" I said loudly before throwing my hand over my mouth. I forgot Lucy was still sleeping in the next room.

I didn't know how long I was practicing for, but as soon as I put my hands down to do another cartwheel, I heard Austin's voice at the doorway. "What the hell are you doing?"

I yelped in surprise as I flipped over. When I was straight again, I was just about ready to yell at him when I stopped. "I just did a cartwheel." I slowly smiled and jumped up and down. "I just did a freaking cartwheel!"

Austin started laughing. "I saw it. It was really good."

"I'm still mad at you for sneaking up on me like that, but that helped me do a cartwheel, so whatever!" I exclaimed as I threw my arms around his neck.

He hugged me back. "Let's see you do it again."

"I probably just had beginner's luck," I said but I went to the other side of the room anyway. I managed to do one again.

Austin clapped. "Nah, I think you've got it. Is that what you've been doing up here for the last two hours?"

"Yeah, I got bored." I slipped my shoes back on.

"Come downstairs," Austin told me.

"Is supper ready?"

"Just come downstairs."

I looked at him curiously, but followed him downstairs anyways. When we got to the kitchen, I found Taylor, Justin, Zach, Robert, Alex and my mom in there surrounded by a table full of food. My mom was holding Lucy, who was awake. "Surprise! Happy birthday!" They all shouted.

I grinned at all of them. "You guys did all of this for me?"

"Of course! But it was all Austin's idea," my mom said.

I had the best boyfriend ever, hands down.

"When did you guys get here? I didn't even hear you come in. And when did Lucy get up?"

"Maybe an hour ago. And she got up like, twenty minutes ago," Taylor said. She hugged me. "Happy birthday, girlfriend!"

I laughed. "Thanks, T." I looked at the food. "This looks delicious."

"Austin made it," Alex told me. "He's quite the chef."

Austin blushed. "I'm no expert, but I try."

I hugged him around his waist. "You did great. Thank you, all of you. This is the best birthday ever."

We all ate, and it was pretty funny watching Alex trying to feed Lucy and himself at the same time. He accidentally fed himself Lucy's food a couple of times.

When we finished eating, my mom, Taylor, Austin, and Zach cleaned up while Alex and I watched Lucy in the living room.

"Good birthday, Ems?" Alex asked me.

"It was great," I told him as I scooped Lucy up onto my lap.

"She sure looks like you," Alex smiled at Lucy, who was sucking her fist. "Except for the light brown hair."

"Yeah, I figured she'd be light brown." I peppered her cheek with kisses. "She's my mini Austin."

"I can tell you one thing. That girl's going to be a beauty when she gets older," Alex said. "Guys will be all over her."

"Don't tell Austin that," I giggled. "He'll freak."

"Don't tell me what?" Austin said as the other four strolled into the living room. He sat down beside me on the couch and Lucy crawled onto his lap.

"That, uh, Lucy took your other chain and now I don't know where she put it," I quickly said.

"She what?" He bent down and looked at Lucy. "Where is it, missy? Did you take my chain?" He teased her. She giggled and kicked her legs in his lap.

"I'll find it somewhere," I told my boyfriend. That was close.

"Present time!" My mom said happily before handing me one. "This is from me."

I opened it to find a new dress and some jeans from Forever 21, and quite a bit of money. "Thanks Mom," I smiled. "I love it."

Taylor got me a new hot pink sweater from Pink and the Justin got me a picture of himself in a frame decorated with macaroni noodles, which I promised I would hang up in our bedroom.

"You ready for mine?" Austin was practically bouncing in his seat, causing Lucy to bounce with him. It was quite a hilarious sight, to be honest.

"Yes," I laughed.

He handed Lucy to Robert, and hurried out of the room before coming back with a purple box. He handed it to me. "Happy birthday, Ems."

I smiled and ripped the wrapping paper off. When I opened the box, I gasped. "No. Freaking. Way." I squealed and whipped out the pair of gorgeous boots. They were knee high, brown with a four inch heel, and real leather. They also had a buckle around the top. "I've wanted these for months!"

Austin grinned. "Remember that time your mom was babysitting Lucy and we stopped at the mall to get her a new stroller after my concert?" I nodded. "Well, after you finished ranting about how amazing those boots were and went off to the washroom, I may have snuck off and paid for them."

"But how did I not see them?"

"I hid them in the box that was holding the stroller before you got back from the washroom, and when we got home, I quickly ran upstairs and hid them somewhere else before you opened the stroller box," he announced. "I'm pretty proud, if I do say so myself."

I shook my head. "You, sir, are full of surprises," I jumped up and hugged him. "But thank you, I love them!"

"Smart thinking, Austin," my mom commented. "I would've never thought of that."

"Thanks," he smiled.

"I may or may not break into your house and borrow those when you're not home," Taylor spoke up. "Like I said, may or may not."

"If you ask, I may or may not let you wear them," I told her with a raised eyebrow. "Like I said, may or may not."

"Touché."

After everyone left, Austin put Lucy down for her nap before coming back downstairs to where I was wearing my new sweater, jeans, and boots. He laughed as soon as he looked at me. "That didn't take long."

I surveyed my outfit. "I think I look pretty hot."

"Oh, trust me, you look better than hot," he came over and wrapped his arms around me. "You look beautiful."

I smiled and kissed him. "Thanks."

"Happy birthday, Ems."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415 15 12
When Mercedes moves to Miami after having to deal with family issues, she soon realizes a dreamy looking guy is her neighbour and his name is Austin...
33.8K 756 31
A story about a young girl finding it hard to trust people after she leaves her father back in New York to stay with her mum in San Antonio. She find...
4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
45.6K 816 33
Younger sister to upcoming pop star Austin Mahone 16 year old Darcy has never had an easy life, but what happens when she is flying back to Miami. S...