Leave It All Behind

By thatspecialteen

"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you. So why don't you just give up, Sophia darling... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty Six

2.2K 69 6
By thatspecialteen

Sophia's POV
Cole stopped advancing on me. "He wouldn't dare..." He whispered angrily.

Wouldn't dare to do what? Who?

Was anyone going to explain a damn thing to me anytime soon? I guess not.

"Who, that pesky blood sucker? Hell yeah he would! Who wouldn't lay a temporary claim on a beauty like her?" A familiar voice sounded out from behind us.

The padlock on the door had broken, it lay in two pieces on the floor. Chase stood in the doorway, lust plastered across his features.

"Cousin. What do you want?" Cole spat.

Cousins? Cole and Chase?

"Naw, that's no fun! You saw straight through me!" Chase grinned. What? But... That's Chase, not Zephyr!

"Of course I did, Zephyr. I'm used to your old tricks. You can't fool me" Cole sighed. "So, what brings you here at such an inconvenient time?"

So it's not Chase, it's Zephyr... But why does he look and sound like Chase? It seems like I'm the only one in the dark about everything sometimes!

Chase -I mean Zephyr- pointed at me. "I want the girl, if that's okay with you, dear cousin"

Cole snarled at him, and Zephyr held his hands up in response.

"Easy. Just give me the girl and no on gets h-" his words were cut off as an ear piecing scream tore free of his throat.

He fell to the floor as if someone had just shot him. He pulled his hair roughly with his hands, tugging at it as if it would take away the pain he was feeling.

Another screech echoed from his throat, and his body began to spew blood from his mouth. A coppery stench filled the air, making me gag slightly.

A moment later, a Chase/Zephyr got to his feet.

"You're the reason I managed to break free, Sophia..." He mumbled before collapsing again.

Is it really Chase this time? It is, I'm certain! I began to run over to him, only to be pulled back. Cole looked down at me, his face twisted into a sadistic smirk.

"Going to help you're precious leech? I don't think so" he shoved me against the wall and pinned me there by my throat. I choked due to his constricting hold, my breathing shallow.

Next thing I knew, the pressure on my throat disappeared. When I looked up, I saw a Chase and Cole on the floor, Chase's teeth deep in Cole's neck.

Cole was whimpering desperately, pleading for my help with his eyes. Despite all he's done to me, my emotions overwhelmed my reason.

"Chase! Don't hur- I mean, don't waste your time with him, let's go!" I knew how it would sound if I'd pleaded for Chase not to hurt Cole, so I changed my words last minute.

Chase detached himself from Cole and got to his feet.

"If you ever come near her again, I won't hesitate to kill you and your father both. Am I understood, mutt?" He spat at the pathetic, whimpering man at his feet.

"Yes, crystal clear!" Cole whimpered desperately, holding his head in his hands.

"Good. Let's go home, Sophia. You're safe now"

~~~

Only Flynn and Tristan were there to welcome us home, and neither if them were smiling. They both had pained expressions on their red faces, as if they'd been crying.

"What's up?" Chase asked carefully, his voice guarded.

Tristan burst into tears again, crying into Flynn's chest. Flynn wrapped an arm around him, but seemed on the verge of tears himself.

"He's gone" Flynn whispered, tears escaping his sad icy blue eyes. Eyes that were usually so playful and happy.

"What do you mean 'he's gone'? Who's gone?" Chase whispered frantically, the pieces clicking on his head. Only Flynn and Tristan stood before him, where was his twin?

"Where's Tyson?" He demanded in a hushed whisper.

Flynn shook his head sadly. "I'm so sorry, Chase"

~~~

Chase's POV
I'd read their thoughts before I'd heard their words, but I had hoped it was all a sick, twisted joke.

Obviously, I was wrong. I can't sense Tyson anywhere, the space in my mind that his thoughts usually flowed through in a constant trickle felt empty. It was as if somebody had physically torn a hole in my heart and replaced Tyson's part within it with emptiness.

"He's gone, isn't he?" I asked, feeling my eyes begin to water. I haven't cried in years, and yet, here I am, about to cry.

Tristan continued to bawl loudly, while Flynn stood next to him, eerily silent. I could see the tears tumbling down his face, but he didn't make a sound.

"What's going on, Chase?" Sophia whispered quietly.

I couldn't take it any longer. All reason left me as I ran forward, shoving past my two other brothers. I have to find Tyson! He has to be here somewhere!

"Chase, no!" Flynn shouted from behind me, attempting to grasp my mind in order to stop me. But I pushed his mental attack aside. I wasn't going to let anything keep me from my brother!

I caught his scent straight away, and raced upstairs after it.

His body lay propped up against the wall. I couldn't hear his heartbeat, nor his thoughts. His glassy green eyes seemed to stare at me, begging for help.

Somehow, he looked peaceful. I threw my arms around him, tears streaming freely down my face now.

"Tyson! What's wrong? Wake up, Tyson! I need you, I need you, please! Don't do this to me, don't leave me!" I sobbed into his shirt, inhaling his scent. The scent I'd grown up with.

I wasn't prepared to let him go, not yet! I can't accept that this is the truth...

My heart aches with sadness, he will never know how much I rely on him, how much I need him.

My heart spoke through my tears, words failing me. There was so much I still have to say to him...

"I'll hold onto all the memories we made together, brother. I love you, forever and always" and with that, I closed his glassy, dead eyes.

~~~
A few days later

Chase's POV
''Here lies Tyson Lynall,
Beloved son and brother,
May he forever rest in peace'

I visited Tyson's grave the day after the funeral. It was the only grave out here in the forest, but I thought it was appropriate to place it here.

Tyson loved spending time in the woods. He liked to read his manga out here, he said it was because sometimes he just needed time alone to think. He'd always been a solitary vampire, preferring his own company to any others.

He was much like me in that respect. I loved it out here in the woods, too. But I liked it for a different reason.

I like it out here because it is free from the constraints humans built themselves. Just to be among nature made me happier than ever, which is why I like horses so much. They're truly free.

Humans are greedy and selfish, animals... While wild animals can be loyal and are always free. I like that about them. They have no limitations, nothing holding them back.

"I will always love you, no matter what, my beloved brother" I whispered, kneeling by his grave stone. I ran my hand down the rough, cold surface and sighed.

"I'm going to miss your stupid comments and goofy smile, Tyson" I whispered before finally getting up and heading back to the house, tears in my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 292 24
*Editing* Sophia's life had been pretty normal up until this point, Of course she's went through the normal teenage drama, her own personal problems...
93.3K 3.6K 31
"Privacy is only temporary between you and me." *** At four years old, Sophia was spared the fate that befell the rest of her family. The daughter of...
779K 28.3K 61
Maya Rogers is used to taking care of herself. After living alone with her uncle for years, she has known who she is and what she needs to do to surv...
8.8K 256 26
A young werewolf girl gets herself into trouble when she leaves her packs territory to escape from a horrible fate. While on her quest to survive, sh...