New Beginnings {ACM}

By mahonestars

It's been 2 in a half years since Emily gave birth to her and Austin's daughter, Lucy Mahone. 2 years filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Trailer

Chapter 2

3.7K 71 0
By mahonestars

Song of the chapter: Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon

Emily's POV

I quickly showered, blow dried my hair, and then went to the closet and after searching for a bit, I chose jean waist-high shorts and a white t-shirt with the London flag on it that I tucked into the shorts, letting it hang a bit baggy.

I curled my hair and did my makeup with a smokey eye before throwing on a navy blue fedora and matching ankle boots.

I hurried downstairs and just about tripped over Pancakes at the bottom. "Shit!"

She looked up at me, wagging her tail, before she trotted into the living room. I shook my head and went into the kitchen. Austin was hanging up streamers while Lucy sat in her high chair in front of him, playing with her stuffed monkey.

"Everywhere else is decorated," he said. He smiled at me. "Beautiful as ever."

"Wow, that was quick," I commented. "And Thanks."

"Anytime," he taped the pink streamer up and jumped off the ladder. "There. Everything is done." He checked his watch. "It's 2:45."

"Perfect timing," I walked over to Lucy. "Hello, missy, how's my favourite little girl?" I cooed as I picked her up. "Are you ready for your party baby girl?"

She giggled. I planted kisses all over her cheek before grabbing her pacifier and popping it into her mouth. She rested her head on my shoulder.

The doorbell rang. "And there are the first guests."

Austin went into the hallway to get the door while I tried to find candles for the cake. I heard him say, "What up!" so I figured it was Alex, Justin and Taylor. Sure enough, the three walked into the dining room area a minute later.

"Hey Emily!" They said.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

Taylor came over. "Happy birthday, cupcake! Come give Auntie Taylor some love," I handed Lucy to her. "I can't believe you're already one."

"Cupcake?" Alex said to Austin, who looked as confused as Justin did.

"Hey, it's better than Alex Junior," she glared pointedly at her boyfriend. "Besides, I like cupcakes."

"She loves it when I call her Alex Junior!" Alex protested.

"No, she doesn't!"

I glanced at Austin. "I think that's a new record for the amount of time it takes to start a fight."

"Most likely."

The rest of the guests arrived shortly after. Everyone was in the dining room doing who knows what while I was getting Lucy's cake ready.

Quinn walked into the kitchen while I was sticking the '1' candle in. "Need some help?"

Quinn was my best girl friend, besides Taylor. Austin and I had met her almost two years back when I was pregnant with Lucy. Quinn was eighteen, turning nineteen, two years younger than Austin and I, and she had a daughter, Sheridan, whom she had at fifteen. Being a teen mom was what brought us together. She still helped me with a lot of things, even though she was young herself. Her older brother Jace and her younger sister Leah, along with their parents, also helped out as much as they could, which was amazing.

"Could you grab the paper plates and forks? Second top drawer from the fridge."

"So how was Lucy this morning?" Quinn asked as she gathered everything.

"She was really good. I'm surprised actually, since she hasn't had a nap yet, but I'm sure she'll crash soon."

"Sheridan was showing her Nada," Quinn smiled.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Yeah, Lucy was sitting in Austin's lap while Sheridan sat beside him and explained everything about Nada to her. Sheridan just loves that doll."

I grinned. "Won't be long before Lucy wants one."

Quinn's sixteen-year-old sister Leah walked into the kitchen holding Lucy. Jace was the same age as Austin and I.

Leah didn't look like Quinn or Jace at all. While Quinn and Jace both had straight blonde hair and were pale with blue eyes, Leah had long curly brown hair and latte coloured skin, with big green eyes. She looked like their dad.

"Austin told me to tell you to hurry up, he's starving," she informed me.

"Tell Austin I'll kick him in the ass if he's going to be like that. He can wait."

She laughed. "Will do." She turned to her older sister. "Oh, and Sheridan is wondering where you are."

"I told her where I was going," she sighed. "Alright, we're coming. Go tell everyone."

"For god's sake, I'm not a messenger," Leah muttered, but she left anyways.

"Come on; let's bring the cake out before everyone bites our heads off." I slowly carried the cake out while Quinn followed me into the dining room with the plates and cutlery.

Lucy was in her high chair with Austin bending down beside her, and everyone else was standing around the table.

Austin did a little gasp to Lucy when he saw me walk in with the cake. "Who's that, Luce? Is that mommy with your cake?"

Lucy giggled and clapped her hands, causing everybody to laugh. "Alright, everybody sing!" I announced as I lit the candle. I set the cake down in front of Lucy and she stared at the candle in awe.

After the singing finished, everyone clapped and Austin blew out the candle before kissing Lucy's head.

"Picture time!" Austin's mom, my mom, Quinn, Leah and Taylor announced at once. They all whipped out their cameras. Jace, and Alex just shook their heads.

"Oh dear lord," Austin muttered, but I just grinned.

When they had all taken their fair share of pictures, my mom came over to me. "Here, honey, I'll cut the cake. You've already done a bunch today."

"Thanks, mom," I sighed with relief as I handed her the knife.

While she handed out cake, Sheridan ran over to me. "Emily! Guess what?"

"What?"

She put a finger on her lower lip and pulled it down to reveal a missing tooth. "I lost a tooth!"

"Oh wow! That's awesome, Sheridan," I smiled.

"It's my first one, but I'm not giving it to the tooth fairy. Unca Jace said she only gives money to boys," she informed me.

"Did he now?" I asked, glancing up to shoot Jace a look, who had heard what his niece said.

He started laughing. "I was just kidding, you goofball," he told Sheridan before scooping her up and holding her upside down, causing her to shriek with laughter.

I grabbed a piece of cake for Lucy and set it down in front of her. "She's not going to eat that," Austin said.

Almost immediately, Lucy threw her face down into the cake.

"Lucy!" I exclaimed as everyone burst out laughing.

"Hey, I can do that too," Alex announced before sticking his face in his cake. Taylor smacked him upside the head.

"You whack-a-doodle!" She told him. "You're 20!"

Lucy pulled her face out and dunked her hands in it, licking it off her fingers with a shriek of joy.

"She's eating it," I told Austin.

"More like bathing herself in it," he replied.

The rest of the party was great, and Lucy got a lot of new clothes. Good. Now I wouldn't have to shop for a while.

Quinn's family left first, then Taylor and Alex, then the boys, then Mike and our moms stayed to help clean up. Austin's mom gave Lucy a bath before she fell asleep covered in cake. Shortly after, the house was empty.

I was gathering Lucy's presents when Austin walked into the living room holding a sleeping Lucy, who was sucking on her pacifier.

I smiled. "When did she crash?"

"Like, five minutes ago. She was just sitting in her high chair while I sang quietly when BOOM. Fast asleep."

I stood up. "Your voice does wonders."

He grinned. "The party went well."

"Yeah, I'm surprised she didn't get fussy at all."

"She's a happy baby," he grinned as he looked down at her.

"Do you mind putting her to bed? I'll finish up down here," I said.

"Yeah, of course." Austin gave me a kiss before heading upstairs.

As soon as I finished gathering the gifts, I flopped down onto the floor. Pancakes trotted into the room and lied down at my feet. "Hey girl," I said, scratching her head. "Long day," I sighed.

She rested her head on my knee, staring up at me. "What's up?"

She started wagging her tail. "Did you do something?" I asked her suspiciously.

With that, she jumped up and trotted away. "I'll never know with that dog," I said to myself. "Well, at least the party was a success. Now if only I remembered where I put Lucy's bottle..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 439 24
My life was a mess until i meet Austin, he turned my life upside down and i love him for it. I just never knew when your at your happiest, it can als...
100K 2.6K 26
♡ SEQUEL IS UP ♡ Emily was trying to have a normal relationship with her boyfriend, but how can anything be normal when you're dating a well-known su...
281K 4.8K 27
What happens when your moving to Miami and bump into a little someone at the airport and accidentally swaps phone cause you have the same phone case...
5.6K 100 15
Joey was a bright 17 year old that attended school and does what she has to do. Until one day she bumped into this boy named Austin Mahone. He was p...