LOTR: The Untold Tale (A Lego...

By TimeTemptress

Ithilwen is a 21 year old police officer in New York. As an orphan Ithilwen has no idea about her past or the... More

Ithilwen Aranel
A journey to the unknown...
Down the Hobbit Hole.
Buckle-Berry Ferry
Strider
The Last Homely House
First Encounter
Nightmares and wanderings
Crebain from Dunland!!
Pass of Caradhras
The Mines of Moria and a second encounter
The Balrog and...Betrayal?
Lothlorien and the Lady of the Light
The truth revealed
Leaving Lothlorien
And Then There Was Four
There taking the Hobbits to Isengard!!
Fangorn Forest
What little light is left.
Saruman
Ithilwen? Pippin? Merry?
The Seed of Doubt
Alcohol and possession
The beacons have been lit!
You can not be serious!!
We will not stand idly by!!!
I am no man!
Final encounter.
Revelations.
Victory! But a sad one at that.
Introductions
Reunions
Epilogue

The Counsel and The Challenge

1K 24 13
By TimeTemptress

Aragorn's POV
I woke up feeling refreshed. Although I still could not believe I had been traveling with a woman. At the most I would of just thought of her as an Elvish man with the way she fought so gracefully. 

She fought with what looked like decades of experiences, not even I could of mastered the things I had seen her do. 

What shocked me the most had been her name. Ithilwen Aranel. Moon Princess. Strange name for a human woman. Maybe she has Elvish ancestors?

I had decided to take a walk down to the training fields. As I was approaching I could see a large group of Elves. Upon getting closer I saw the four Hobbits I had traveled with, Arwen and Lord Elrond in the crowd. 

Walking over to Arwen I whispered in her ear "what is everyone so fascinated by?" 

She obviously had not been paying attention to her surroundings as my voice made her jump. 

Turning around she lightly punched me in the arm, "don't do that!" she whisper yelled. 

I smiled sheepishly and repeated my earlier question. "Ithilwen is fighting, so far she is taking on 6 of Ada's best warriors." I stared at her in disbelief and turned towards the duel. 

To my great surprise Ithilwen was indeed fighting six of the best warriors Rivendell had to offer. And she looked like she was only just starting to sweat. 

"Do you find it odd that her name is not only Elvish but also translates to Moon Princess?" I asked Arwen, not taking my eyes of the duel as Ithilwen roundhouse kicked one of the guards, sending him to the ground and out of the match. 

"It is rather strange, but not uncommon. We have human kin, humans who generations ago had Elven ancestors," she replied. 

"Yes but if what Gandalf said was true, Ithilwen isn't of this world." 

I believed my statement was the deal breaker until Arwen spoke, "maybe there are Elves in her world? We know nothing about her or them, though I find it odd, she looks so much like..." Arwen trailed off. 

Turning to her I voiced my question, "so much like who?" I asked. 

"My mother" she whispered sadly.

We dropped the conversation after that and after Ithilwen had defeated the other guards I had decided I wanted to duel her. "Are you ready for round two?" I asked as I approached her. She only looked slightly out of breath. 

I noticed on closer inspection she was wearing the same clothes she had left Bree wearing. "The question here Aragorn is, are you ready?" She replied sarcastically, smiling at me warmly. 

Chuckling at her question I drew my sword. Noticing when she didn't drew a weapon I figured she had none. 

Elrond sent one of his guards to fetch Ithilwen a sword and when he returned she smiled at the blade. 

To those around her it was as if she new the blade. She looked up and I saw her eyes were a bright shade of purple. "You ready old man?" She teased. Offended by her statement I waited for the go ahead from Elrond and charged. 

Challenge accepted.

Ithilwen's POV
Damn he was good. I had just finished fighting Aragorn. In the end it had been a tie. 

Arwen smiled as I approached her, "you fight as if you have had life times to learn, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?" 

I smiled at her curiosity, "I am 21."

 Her eyes widened, "you are only a baby!" she practically yelled. I frown at this, I wasn't a baby, not by a long shot. 

"I have reached full maturity Arwen," I said trying to keep my voice as calm as possible. 

"Forgive me Ithilwen, I didn't mean to offend you, our worlds are different. You see here we don't reach maturity until we turn 100. Well the elves anyway, I guess you are mature by human standards." 

Smiling I hugged her and went to bathe and prepare for the council meeting that would be happening in an hour. 

Lord Elrond asked if I would wear my hood through the meeting as he did not think members of the council would take to well to seeing a woman at the meeting. I fully agreed. 

After bathing I put back on the clothes I had training in, they had somehow managed to stay clean. Throwing on my cloak I raised the hood and proceeded to the council.

Upon arriving I immediately spotted Frodo. I nodded my head towards him as he smiled. 

Walking towards the spare chair near Aragorn I sat down and waited patiently for the meeting to begin. 

" Strangers from distant lands ... friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite...or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate...this one doom.." Elrond looked around the room as he spoke, his eyes lingering on Frodo, Aragorn and... me? 

"Bring forth the ring Frodo" he demanded softly. 

Frodo stood from his seat and walked to the middle of the circle placing the small gold band on a podium in the middle before returning to his seat. I saw him sigh with what seemed like relief. 

"I see you" a voiced hissed. 

I looked around and everyone was staring at the ring but no one seemed to have spoken. 

"You are mine. You will come to me, and you will kill them all." 

My eyes widened as I realized it was the ring talking to me. 

'I will never join you, nor am I yours, you have no power over me!' I yelled in my head. 

Looking at the ring I heard cruel laughter, "we shall see Ithilwen, we shall see" it hissed before I was drawn by my thoughts by a man standing and walking towards the ring. 

" It is a gift...a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay...by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy...let us use it against him!"

He began to reach for the ring. Gandalf stood and started chanting. Whatever he was saying I didn't like it. 

My blood ran cold and my head started to spin as voices exploded inside of it, screams of pain. I gripped the arms of my chair until my knuckles were white. 

Aragorn must of noticed this for once Gandalf finished speaking he leaned into my ear and whispered, "breathe, we will talk of this with Elrond after."

 I gave him a quick nod once the pain had receded. 

Aragorn looked towards Boromir, "you cannot wield it. None of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone...it has no other master." 

Boromir did not look pleased in the slightest, "and what would a mere ranger know of this matter?" I felt my blood boil. Not at his world, but at how he had said them. 

Before I could say something though another beat me to it, "this is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance." 

I turn to see a blonde Elf standing facing Boromir.

 Turning to Aragorn I can see him avoiding my gaze. Why didn't he tell me? What other secrets is he keeping? I decided not to think of it, I will find out later. 

"Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?" Asked Boromir in what sounded like disbelief. 

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." The blonde Elf finished glaring at Boromir. My eyes widened. Aragorn is a prince?!

"Havo dad, Legolas" Aragorn said quietly to the Elf. Legolas, so that is his name. 

"Gondor has no king...Gondor needs no king" I jumped out of my seat at that comment, ready to pounce on that annoying bastard. 

Aragorn grabbed my arm and gently yanked me back into my chair. "Be still and do not cause trouble," he whispered harshly. I pouted beneath my hood but otherwise stayed quiet.

Turns out in my rage I had completely blocked out most of the meeting. That is until Aragorn stood from beside me and approached Frodo. 

"If, by my life or death, I can protect you, I will... you have my sword." He said kneeling beside Frodo. 

This was followed by Legolas, than the dwarf, what was his name, Gimli? Than...Boromir. I rolled my eyes. But than it all clicked. Frodo had volunteered to take the ring to Mordor. My dear little Hobbit. I sat there stunned until Elrond began to speak, I looked up and saw Merry,Pippin and Sam. When had they gotten here? 

"Nine companions ... so be it." Started Elrond, " You shall be the "Fellowship..." 

"Wait!" I shouted as I stood up. I walked over to Frodo and kneeled in front of him. 

"Frodo this quest will be dangerous, some of us may not come back." I looked him straight in his little green eyes looking for any sign of backing out. I found none. 

"Fine, but if you go, I go" he opened his mouth to protest. 

"Do not argue with me Frodo Baggins, either I come to or you don't go at all." He gave me a small smile and a nod. 

Standing up I faced Elrond to seek his approval. He nodded once to me albeit very reluctantly. 

As I was looking at him someone snuck up behind me and forcefully removed my hood. 

"A woman!" I heard to different shouts. 

Turning around I saw a very pissed of Boromir and Legolas. 

"This must be a joke" Boromir started, "women have no place among duties of men." 

I could feel my blood begin to boil, "than i suppose you should stay here Boromir" I replied sharply. If possible his face reddened.

"He is right, this is no place for a woman," it was Legolas that spoke next. 

"Well if you have a problem your free to leave at anytime blondy!" I hissed. 

Than Boromir said something that really got under my skin, "women are weak, they are only meant to stay home, cooking, cleaning and bearing young." 

My blood was way beyond boiling point. Around me the skies turned dark and the winds picked up. It was then all rational thinking left me.

Aragorn's POV
Ithilwen was mad. That much was clear. But the thing that gave it away, scaring quite a few people in the process was her eyes. They were red. 

The temperature dropped and the sky darkened. Suddenly the winds picked up. I stare at Elrond who was staring at Ithilwen. Was she doing this? She was walking towards Boromir. 

"If you have a problem with me you can leave, believe me I could care less, one less insignificant person to deal with. And you..." she said turning to Legolas, "I would think more coming from an Elf. Obviously I was wrong, mess with me and you will regret it." 

Just than Boromir lunged for her, I was too far to help her but apparently I was worrying for nothing.

Before he could lay a finger on her, Ithilwen turned around and punched him square in the jaw. Boromir dropped to the floor. 

Rushing to Ithilwen I grabbed her to prevent her from causing anymore damage. Dragging her away from the council was no easy feat. When we were far away from Boromir and Legolas I let her go. 

She turned her still red gaze towards me, but as she saw who I was her eyes slowly returned to there natural enchanting color.

"Aragorn?" she asked. 

I nodded, giving her a warm smile, "I'm here little one." 

She look pale, paler than usual. "I don't feel to good" she managed to say before she was falling to the ground. I managed to catch her before she hit the ground. 

Picking her up I rushed to find Arwen.

3rd Person POV
Back at the council Elrond was trying to deal with two angry men. 

"Lord Elrond you can not seriously be allowing a woman to accompany us?" Legolas asked furiously.

 Elrond rubbed his temples. Had they not already been over this? "Yes Prince Legolas, she will accompany you, no I will not hear another word of the matter. My decision is final." 

Legolas turned knowing he had lost the battle and left to return to his room. Elrond sighed and looked towards Boromir. His jaw was starting to turn purple when Ithilwen had hit it.

'I can't believe she hit me' Boromir thought to himself. 'I have never met a woman with so much fire. No matter what it takes, I will have her' he thought evilly. 

What he did not understand is that the ring was taking his mild lust for a beautiful woman and twisting it in the worst of ways. The real Boromir would never of had such vulgar thoughts. 

Turning towards Elrond he bowed his head and promptly left to retire to his room. Gandalf had yet to leave, nor had the dwarf Gimli. The Hobbits had left shortly after Aragorn had dragged Ithilwen off. 

"The lass has a fiery spirit. I like her" laughed the dwarf before he too left. 

Gandalf and Elrond shared a look. "Ithilwen posses great power, and I believe today was only a very small part of it" Elrond sighed. 

"Indeed, I have yet to meet anyone with such power. But it is not just that, it is her abilities to fight and recall large amounts of information. It his how her eyes show wisdom far beyond her years. It is also her resemblance to Celebrian," Gandalf whispered the last sentence. 

Elrond looked up, a sadness entering his gaze. "I too have noticed that. As has Arwen. Elrohir and Elladan have yet to see her, but they may too agree."

Gandalf was about to speak again but was interrupted as a rather panicked Aragorn raced up to them. 

"Ithilwen....Unconscious....Needs help....Now!" Aragorn panted. 

Elrond and Gandalf looked at the man trying to catch his breath. And than at each other before rusging off to find Ithilwen, Aragorn hot on there tails.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 1.7K 33
Story Rankings as of 9/11/2022 #36 elf out of 9.2k stories #22 aragorn out of 1.7k stories #7 theonering out of 87 stories Raewyn has a special backg...
77.3K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...
286K 8.1K 31
You are living the good life as a she-elf in Rivendell when Aragorn comes to visit. You assume it's to visit Arwen, your older sister. But then your...
1.6K 63 23
The world is at peace. With the war over, new adventures have begun, and new friendships have sprouted. But with this comes new threats. A great dark...