Leaving Lothlorien

3rd Person POV

Galadriel and Celeborn stood before the fellowship as each member had an Elf stand in front of them. Haldir looked at Ithilwen and smiled as he draped a grey cloak around her neck. Pinning it in place with a green leaf brooch. She returned his smile gracefully and bowed to him in respect. 

 Placing his hand on her shoulder she looked up, "you are a light in the world Ithilwen, don't let darkness take that from you." She nodded and bowed to him again as he stepped away.

Galadriel approached each member of the fellowship. Offering gifts or advice. 

 When she came upon Ithilwen she smiled, "follow me little one," she said as she walked into the forest away from the group and out of range of even Elvish hearing.

Ithilwen's POV

I followed Galadriel deep into the forest until she came to a gentle stop, turning to me she smiled gently. "You have much to learn before this journey is complete, and you will play a major role in the end. Whether that will be for good or bad, even I cannot see. But that choice remains yours." 

 Looking to her I smiled sadly, a thought entered my head, "when I was unconscious, those words you spoke to me felt so familiar, why?" I looked at her with big confused eyes and she giggled. 

"It is an important part of your past, but something you must remember on your own. But I wish to tell you this, all will be revealed, when your biggest decision must be made." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

 "I do not understand," I mumbled. 

 All I got was a smile in return. We made our way back to the fellowship and Galadriel asked Aragorn to accompany her on a walk. While they were gone I made myself useful by helping to prepare the boats.

Aragorn's POV

"I ask you to protect her Aragorn, she has so much yet to remember. But what concerns me is the power she also contains. She has not been taught and her powers are wild and uncertain, but what you have seen so far is only a small part of a much bigger picture." 

My eyes widened at her statement. How could that be a small part? I have seen Ithilwen defeat an army on her own while injured. I have seen her change the weather at a strong emotion. 

 Looking towards Lady Galadriel I nodded my head promising to do everything in my power to protect the woman I have come to see as a little sister. 

 We were silent for a few minutes when Lady Galadriel spoke again, "she is in love with Legolas." It was spoken as if she had been commenting on the weather. I smiled. Of course she felt something for him, I had seen the sideways glances when she believed no one to be looking.

"But she believes these feelings are unrequited, I believe she may give up if things get any worse. Please I ask you, when she starts to doubt herself, please reassure her, encourage her, for if she is lost, so too will be Middle-Earth." 

 Solemnly I nodded my head once again. Legolas believes she is in love with Boromir, there must be a way to show him the truth. 

 We continued to speak for a few moment before making our way back to the river bank. Ithilwen was laughing at Merry and Pippin who looked a bit embarrassed. It was good to see here healed and happy. 

 Making my way over to them I placed a hand on Ithilwen's shoulder. "Are you ready to depart?" Smiling she nodded her head and made her way over to Legolas. 

 "May I share the boat with Gimli and yourself?" She asked shyly and I saw Legolas nod swiftly. 

 The boat began to rock as she stepped in and Legolas reached out to steady her. It was then I noticed the slight pink to his cheeks and how he held on for a bit longer than necessary once Ithilwen was steady. 

 I smiled to myself. They are so in love and yet none of them were aware how much those feelings were returned.

My smile quickly turned into a frown. I pray to Valar they realize before it is too late.

Legolas' POV

We were rowing down the river for sometime when Ithilwen suddenly turned to me. 

 "Tell me about yourself Legolas," she asked gently with a serene smile on her face. 

 Looking to her I raised an eyebrow, "what would you like to know?" 

"Everything, what are your mother and father like?" I smiled gently at her inquisitive nature. 

 "My father is a proud man, he can be as stubborn as a dwarf. But he cares about his people. He does everything he can to make sure our people are protected and happy. He can be harsh but he has a gentle side as well. In the Battle of Five Armies he fought bravely." 

 She smiled at my description of my father and I returned it quickly. Then her eyebrows furrowed, "what is the battle of five armies?" 

Gimli was the one to speak next, "Ah Lass, it was a great war that raged on the doorstep of Erebor, Kingdom under the Mountain. My kin fought in that war as did the former King and Princes. Thorin Oakenshield and Kili and Fili Durin. They died fighting in that war as did many in the Company of Thorin Oakenshield. What I wouldn't give to have them all back," he sighed sadly. 

 I saw Ithilwen place a comforting hand on his shoulder as a stray tear fell from both their eyes.

They both shared a small comforting smile before Ithilwen again turned her attention to me, "and what about your mother? What is she like?" 

 I smiled sadly at her, "my mother was an amazing She-Elf. She was a sweet queen and a caring mother. She died before I reached maturity. It hit my father and I hard. That was the moment my fathers heart hardened and he was no longer the carefree king he once was." 

 Her eyes widened as she placed her hand over her mouth and gasped, "Oh Valar, I am so sorry Legolas." 

 I shook my head and smiled at her, "there is no need to... Did you just say Valar?" I asked curiosity getting the better of me.

"Yes, the word seems oddly familiar, like I should know what it is, it seemed natural to say it." She turned back around to face the front and I looked to the side, seeing Aragorn had heard her to I shrugged my shoulder's. Maybe she had just heard it while in Lothlorien.

We continued on until I heard Frodo and Aragorn gasp, "The Agornath, long have I desired to gaze about the kings of old, my kin." Aragorn had spoken with pride and child like eyes. 

 We rowed past the guardians of the river and eventually stopped on the river bank. I assisted Ithilwen out of the boat, blushing faintly as she smiled at me again, 'No!" I thought to myself, 'She is in love with another!' 

We set up camp and everyone went there separate ways, I had no idea that our fellowship was soon to be ripped apart.