Nightmares and wanderings

Ithilwen's POV

I could see the battle raging on below me. Looking to the dark sky not a star was in sight nor the moon. I closed my eyes trying to drown out the screams of the men fighting around me, as much as I wish this to end never seemed too. 

 A sound from behind me caught my attention and I stabbed the Uruk-Hai. I didn't want to watch it die but I knew I had to make sure that it did indeed die. 

 Looking up I screamed at seeing Aragorn bleeding to death on the blade I had just impaled him on. 

"Aragorn," I whispered barley able to form words. What had I done? It had been a Uruk-Hai, I was sure of it. Or was I? 

 "Very good my dear," came a voice which immediately made my blood run cold and my body tense. I could not turn around, not matter how much I tried to set my eyes on anything but my now dead friend I couldn't. 

 But I did manage to drop the sword, unfortunately in the process I dropped Aragorn as well. I whimpered and tried to reach him but something was preventing me. 

 "You have done well Ithilwen, it is as we planned, we will rule freely, the men will lose hope when they see there slain king." 

 As if my heart had turned cold I smirked and turned my head towards my love. Sauron. 

 "The task was too simple My Lord, I barley lifted a finger," I didn't even recognize my own voice. Had it always sounded that cold and cruel? 

"Besides, he was no king," I say as I turn to Sauron and embrace him. "But you My Lord, you are worthy of such a title," I lovingly whisper as I lean in to kiss him.

Bolting up in my bed I look around furiously. Seeing that I was still in Rivendell I sighed in relief. But that relief was short lived as I thought back on my dream. Could that really of been me? I had barley recognized myself. 

 Looking out the window I say that it was still night. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, of that I was sure of. 

 Getting out of bed I decided on a walk of the gardens, now I just had to find the way out of the building. Sighing I looked at myself in the mirror and combed through my hair. 

 I wasn't really bothered about changing as the night gown I had been given covered me well. 

Walking out of my room I looked around to my right there seemed to be a draft so I figured that was the perfect way to go.

I had been walking for 10 minutes and had just found a way into the gardens. Smiling to myself I walk swiftly and disappear into the trees. Looking around I can't help but fall in love with this place. The flowers were practically calling for my attention as I saw them standing proudly. 

 Hearing two separate rustling sounds I look around. My eyes were capable of seeing in the dark, this had been a god-sent when I have night ops. I saw nothing and the rustling had stopped so I shrugged it off. 

 Walking over to a stoned bench I laid down and stared up at the twinkling stars. Looking to the moon I see it bright and full. Smiling I close my eyes and sigh. Slowly drifting off.

Elrohir's POV

I looked at the woman resting on the bench from my spot behind a tree. Looking to my left I see a perfect copy of myself, Elladan. 

 "Do you think we should approach her?" I whisper to him. 

 He shakes his head and turns back to the figure lying gracefully under the night sky. 

 We had been on patrol when we saw the figure of a woman dressed in white walking through the gardens. Upon closer inspection we had almost fallen out of the tree we were both perched in. 

 This woman looked like mother. But that was not possibly, she had sailed to the undying lands many years ago. The memory still saddened me.

We had followed the woman until she reached the middle of the garden, this was the spot father had proposed to mother. I could see the woman clearly and I thought I was going crazy. 

 She was mother in so many ways. The grace and way she carried herself with confidence but kindness. The love she shared with nature and the small smile that she currently had on her face was also a similarity. 

 That's it, I can't hold back no more, I need to know who she is.

Walking out from behind the tree I slowly approach her. Elladan stayed where he was, watching me carefully. I was now an arms length away and could make out her full features. She seemed to glow like the moon that hovered protectively above her. 

 "Beautiful isn't it?" I jumped at the sudden sound and looked down to see the most gorgeous eyes staring at me, that was the difference between her and mother. Mothers eyes where blue, as blue as the bluest ocean and just as deep. 

 Looking closer I noticed that her ears were not pointed. She was not an Elf! How could that be? 

Realizing I was staring and had yet to answer her question I looked to where her eyes had wondered. She was speaking about the night sky. 

 "Yes it is, very beautiful," I reply as I look back to her, "are you not tired My Lady?" 

 She looks back to me as she sits up her long white hair falling down her back like calm waves. 

 Smiling she shakes her head, "I am not, I was actually just curious about Lord Elrond's gardens, they are a thing of beauty."

A few comfortable minutes of silence and she looks back to the trees I had emerged from, "is your friend not going to join us?" she asks politely. 

 How did she know he was there? He had made no noises. Elladan slowly makes his way to us smiling sheepishly, "sorry we disturbed you My Lady," he said gently as he stopped beside me. 

 The woman shook her head and smiled, "please call me Ithilwen, and you two would be?" 

 Elladan bowed as he introduced us both, "Elladan and Elrohir, sons of Lord Elrond HalfElven." Ithilwen's eyes widened as she jumped from the bench and bowed. 

 "My Lords it is a pleasure," she said quietly. We both smiled gently at her and asked her to address us as equals.

We spoke for a couple more hours before Elladan and myself had decided that heading to bed would be best. We had learnt a lot about Ithilwen in such a short time and felt a bond instantly. She smiled to us both as we said our farewells and left. 

 Once we entered the last Homely House Elladan turned to me, "she reminds me so much of mother yet she is so different.

 Nodding to him in agreement we both parted way and went to bed. We wished to be awake early enough to see Ithilwen and the fellowship off.