The Math Teacher // Luke Hemm...

By Bananashemmo

"I just don't understand why you're all drooling over him." "Maybe because he's fucking hot? But maybe you... More

Part 1: The Pilot
Part 2: The Truth
Part 3: The Detention
Part 4: Locked In
Part 5: Locked In Pt. 2
Part 6: Different
Part 8: The Math Camp Pt. 2
Part 9: The Kiss
Part 10: Caught
Part 11: Friday Night
Part 12: Coffee
Part 13: Sprained
Part 14: The Mall
Part 15: The Invitation
Part 16: Bali Pt. 1
Part 17: Bali Pt. 2
Part 18: Bali Pt. 3
Part 19: The New One
Part 20: The Party
Part 21: The Hangover
Part 22: The Dinner
Part 23: The Flowers
Part 24: The Argument
Part 25: The Prom
Part 26: The Chemistry Class
Part 27: The Jealousy
Part 28: The Vibe
Part 29: I Love You
Part 30: The Call
Part 31: The Shirt
Part 32: The Math Date
Part 33: The Fire
Part 34: Catch Fire
Part 35: What Are We?
Part 36: The Last Class
Part 37: Halloween
Part 38: The Scare
Part 39: The Breakup
Part 40: Shy
Part 41: Iceland Pt. 1
Part 42: Iceland Pt. 2
Part 43: Iceland Pt. 3
Part 44: Iceland Pt. 4
Part 45: The Motel Pt. 1
Part 46: The Motel Pt. 2
Part 47: The Confession
Part 48: The Last Goodbye
Part 49: The Feeling of Comfort
Part 50: Happy Birthday, Beautiful
ANNOUNCEMENT

Part 7: The Math Camp

32.7K 783 513
By Bananashemmo

A/N: This is so typical movie high school I love it シ

The expelling smell of a mix between wet leaves and mud kept on creeping up in your nostrils as you fought the chance to avoid any of the mud holes that was below your feet, and an arm was wrapped around yours to prevent yourself and Matty from falling into the deep dark mud that seemed to be more adhesive than ever. You were sure that if one of you would let go of each other you would end up sinking down to your chin hit the surface.

The rest of the two math classes were right in front of you less than 5 meters away, clearly having an easier access to walk in the mud unlike you. With the mud keeping on sticking to your rubber boots it was a nightmare to even take a step without sinking down. It was always something that you had Matty by your side because if you hadn't you would have been left alone two miles apart from the rest of the group.

The day had been as chaotic as you would quote it. The rest of the class students seemed to have a great time along with the teachers but it wasn't how you saw this. This wasn't your scene at all and you had sent Matty at least 50 death glares throughout the whole morning since you guys camped in the woods last night. At least you had gotten the chance to share a tent with Violet, Matty's twin sister, instead of ending up with Brittany and her friends, but you still hated this trip more than algebra.

Having mud up to your knees wasn't really how you expected your Saturday to be and because of the high humidity from the rain still resting on top of the many leaves on the trees, your hair had started to dampen and curl along with your skin sweating lightly. Of course the rest of the students looked like this too but you both felt and looked ugly at this point.

"Come on Y/N! Lighten up!" Matty said with a smile and looked down at you, keeping up a pace so you guys could catch of with the rest who seemed to get further and further away from you guys.

"I don't mind if we don't catch up with the rest of them. If they don't find out we're missing we can find a shortcut in the woods and head home. If just I could get some fucking signal in this peace of a jungle!" You groaned and moved your phone up in the air, yet there were still no signal.

"We're in a forest Y/N, not a jungle. There's a difference." You rolled your eyes by Matty's words and glared up at him.

"Well sorry smarty-pants." You responded grumpy and pushed your phone back in your pocket, afraid that you would somehow gonna drop it and it would disappear in the massive mud bath. "I just don't understand why you hate this so much! You love late night walks at the beach!"

"The beach doesn't consist mud that makes the ground slippy than ever along with creepy animals flying around in the air and I swear to god I saw a fucking snake earlier! The beach is a place where you can relax, sit by the cold sand at night and look at the moonlight shining down at the dark blue waves. It's nothing like this."

"But considering that you and your mom use mud to plant in your faces when you do face masks, it's weird that you have so much against it." Matty smirked instantly by your reaction to his words and he earned a hit from you in the arm.

"Again, there's a fucking difference! The mud here is fucking dirty and filled with small animals! The mud my mom and I use for facial skin care is clean and healthy! I swear I could get herpes from this if I put it near my fucking face!"

"You can't get herpes from mud, Y/N. It's a sex disease you get from being intimate with a partner by mouth or intercourse."

"Okay Matty enough about the biology lectures, I get it." You exclaimed and looked up at him with wide eyes, trying to look serious but failing when he cracked a smirk. "You know I just like to mess with you." He laughed and wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his side. "You're doing it in a rude way." You mumbled and looked towards the rest of the group again.

"Matty, Y/N come on! We can barely see you guys at this point!" Mrs. Harris yelled from far away and it made you and Matty wrap your arms around each other again and fight the chance against the mud to get up to the rest of the group, the two of you panting lightly when you finally ended up with the rest of them again.

"Now everyone we're getting deeper into the forest which means that the mud will be deeper and stickier. We're heading where there haven't been made any walking trails so we never know if we'll end down in a hole. I suggest we all grab a partner or two and make sure we won't fall. Just like Matty and Y/N does." Mrs. Harris explained and pointed towards you and Matty, all eyes on you now. You nodded your head agreeing and tightened your arm around Matty's when you started to walk again.

"Brittany I told you to grab a partner!" Mrs. Harris yelled when she looked behind to see her walk a little bit further away from her two best friends and she looked up with a puzzled look.

"Fine!" She said almost grumpy and she looked to her right before she smirked in delight and hooked her arms around Luke who appeared to walk next to her. "Got it." She said with a smile and Mrs. Harris nodded her head accepting before her eyes glanced back to the road in front of her.

"God, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time." Matty commented by Brittany's act and you nodded your head and furrowed your eyebrows when he started to crack up laughing by something she had said. "I swear if you had ended up sharing a tent with her I would protest and sneak you into my tent. I don't think Ryan would mind." He kept on talking but you weren't listening to anything he was saying, just keeping your eyes on Luke and Brittany talking the life out of each other, looking like a pair of friends who had known each other for years.

"Y/N, are you even listening?"

"Huh?" You asked and looked up to see Matty was already staring at you with curious eyes and you glanced back at Luke and Brittany. "Sure. You're sharing a tent with Kennedy and he wouldn't mind if I stayed at your tent."

"Ryan, Y/N. Not Kennedy. He's not even in our math class." He corrected and you looked up at him with a puzzled look. "Sure." You responded and looked back ahead of you and Matty's eyes glanced the same direction. "Is something bothering you?"

You shook your head by his question and kept on staring in the air, clearly not being in presence of what you were doing and all clouded up in your mind while you walked. There was a stinging feeling appearing in your stomach and even though you tried to avoid thinking about it, it kept on being there and irritated you.

"You just seem distracted or something."

"I'm not distracted-" You stopped in track by a squeal leaving your lips and you fell at least 20 centimeters down into a hole, grabbing onto Matty arm tighter than ever to prevent you falling further down into the mud hole.

"Holy shit, I think we found our first victims." He laughed by your frightened reaction and tried with all the strength he had to pull you up from the whole but you were clear stuck, both of your rubber boots covered in mud. It was luck that the hole weren't deeper than right at the top of the rubber boots so they wouldn't get filled with any mud.

"You can't be fucking serious!" You mumbled under your breath and wrapped your arms around Matty's neck, trying to help him with pulling you up but you were clear useless and he tried again with all his strength to pull you up but failed.

"Well, it was nice knowing you Y/N." He exclaimed and let go of you, taking small steps to leave you but when you started to swear profanities at him he looked over his shoulder with his tongue sticking out. "Matty Jordan Alexander McGarry, if you leave mere here in this mud pool I will fucking kill you when I get out of this."

"If you ever get out of this." Matty said teasing and walked back to you, wrapped his arms around your waist and tried to pull you up again but it was no use. Your rubber boots were clear stuck into the mud and there was no way to get them up. Not with Matty's strength. "Wait a second." He mumbled under his breath and ran a hand through his curls to move them away from his eyes.

"Mr. Hemmings! We've got a mud hole problem!" Even though they seemed to be far away many still heard Matty's yell and Luke stopped in track to turn around to see you stuck in the mud.

"Coming!" He yelled back and let go of Brittany to her disappointment and he hurried towards you even though it was slippy with the large amount of mud.

"Why doesn't this surprise me." He exclaimed with a smile when he stood right in front of you and it made you roll your eyes by his words and Matty laugh. "Just get me out of here, I can't stand being here for any more seconds." You grumbled and looked at him with serious eyes and he laughed before moved his hand shown to grab one of your boots.

"Try grab the other Matty. We'll see if it's possible to get her out by our strength. Otherwise I have another plan." Luke explained and Matty moved down to grab your left rubber boot and on the count of three the two tried to pull you up from the mud but it was pure pointless and you loosened your arms from having them crossed over your chest.

"We'll there's only one last thing to do then." Luke said as he stood up straight again and you furrowed your eyebrows. "We have to leave the rubber boots here."

"I'm not gonna fucking walk in the mud in only a pair of socks!" You said in warning and looked between them with wide eyes. Your words made Luke laugh and he shook his head by your confused stage. "No we can't have that." He turned around so his back was facing you and he kneeled slightly down so his back was in level with yours.

"Come on. Jump." He requested and you looked at Matty with wide eyes. He nodded his head encouraging for you to do it so with the help of Matty you jumped onto Luke's back and rose at least 30 centimeters by his very tall frame.

"Are you sure you can carry me for a mile?" You asked unsure, and wrapped your arms around his neck to make sure you wouldn't get unbalanced and fall. It was enough that the mud had taken your rubber boots, there was no way that the rest of your body would end up drowning in the mess.

"Please, you're light like a feather. Besides now Matty doesn't have to wait on your small legs anymore. You were clearly the reason to why you guys were so much behind." Matty laughed by Luke's comment and nodded his head agreeing which made you look at him with a death glare but you couldn't prevent the giggle escaping your lips.

"Are you comfortable up there?" He asked when you guys had caught up with the rest of the group and you hummed in respond and yawned quietly. Spending so much time outside was tiring and you fought the chance to keep your eyes open.

"Good. It must be a good view." Luke responded and you hummed once again and looked down at the many heads that were now visible in sight from this point of view.

And of course Luke was right about his sayings. Without you controlling the pace, it ended up with you being in the front of the group, and you managed to walk past Brittany who frowned by the sight of you on Luke's back.

"You've got to be kidding me." You heard her mumble grumpy to her two best friends and you glanced back at her shortly with a smile on your lips before your eyes adverted back to the view in front of you. Though you weren't the only one to fall into a mud hole and all of the sudden a girlish squeal came from behind and everyone stopped in track once again.

"Who is it this time?" Mrs. Harris asked and looked over her shoulder almost irritated at this point.

"Brittany." Luke responded and made a small jump to secure you more on his shoulders, and you watched as Brittany fought the chance to get her rubber boot up from the hole, just like you had moments ago.

"What are you all looking at, someone help me!?" She exclaimed irritated and in reaction her two best friends, Alana and Loca wrapped both of their arms around Brittany and tried their best to pull her up from the mud. "Not you two! We need someone who's strong!" She fought back and tried to let go of the girls whom both backed up with wide eyes.

"Mr. Hemmings, please come help me out of this." She whined and looked over at you and Luke who seemed to have an apologizing expression on his face. "I'm sorry Brittany, but my hands are full. We can call Mr. Horton, he can get you up if the girls can't do it. He's in the front group."

"No way, I'll just do it myself." Brittany mumbled almost furious and she started to rip onto her rubber boot rather harshly and just like you predicted she lost her balance and fell backwards, landing with a loud smack onto the thick mud.

Another squeal appeared in the forest but this time it was much stronger and high pitched, leaving an echo and Mrs. Harris turned around with her eyes wide before she rolled them to the back of her head. "So help me god." She mumbled under her breath, clearly not caring and she watched as Alana and Loca tried to help Brittany up from the mud without getting into the mud themselves or touch the mud that was covering Brittany's entire body along with her face.

"I fucking hate mud and I fucking hate this forest!" She exclaimed angrily and ran a hand against her face to remove the mud that was getting in her eyes and she marched past you, Luke and Matty angrily and toward the front part of the group, clearly wanting to get home to the camp as fast as possible so she could shower and get some clean clothes on.

"Well who said this wouldn't become a fun trip." Luke said after some seconds of silence and the other students started to crack up laughing along with Matty and Luke moved his eyes without moving his head to look at you in the corner of his eye, and you tried to hold in the giggle that was ready to escape your lips.

"Now, should we get home to the camp before it gets dark and someone else falls into the water?" Mrs. Harris asked out loud and you nodded your head agreeing and everyone started to walk again, making sure to not fall and end up in the water like Brittany had done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
876K 17.3K 116
This story picks up where "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" leaves off-- Lorelai and Luke are married and Rory announces she is pregnant. How does...
1.1M 31.2K 47
What happens when Wendy is kidnapped by Europes Most Wanted criminal, Niall Horan?
22.4K 335 117
A Pokémon fan fiction by: Kimberly McClure A new trainer Kim gets the adventure of her life when she starts her own Pokémon journey. New things happ...