Punch, Cut, Kiss

By kdwood

His fist came down hard on my cheek. I knew there was going to be a large bruise there in a few minutes. It... More

Punch, Cut, Kiss Chapter 1...
PCK Chapter 2
PCK 3...
PCK 4! :DD
PCK 5 ;)))
PCK Chapter 6 Part 1
PCK Chapter Six Part II
PCK Chapter 6 Part 3! :D
PCK Chapter 7!!! :P
PCK Chapter 8 :P
PCK Chapter 9! ^.^
PCK Chapter 10
PCK Chapter 11
Chapter 12
PCK Chapter 13. :)
PCK Chapter 14!
PCK Chapter 15
PCK Chapter 16
PCK Chapter 16 Part II
PCK Chapter 17
PCK Chapter 18
PCK Chapter 19
PCK Chapter 20
PCK Chapter 21
PCK Chapter 22
PCK Chapter 23
PCK Chapter 24
PCK Chapter 25
PCK Chapter 26, yo!
PCK Chapter 27
Chapter 28 Part II
PCK Chapter 29
PCK Chapter 30!!!!
PCK Chap 31. c:
PCK Epilogue
Author's Note.
Update: Some of Your Questions Answered

PCK Chapter 28 Part I

8.3K 214 7
By kdwood

The secretary held out the phone to me. Her lips moved and my hand reached for the phone. I put it to my ear. I heard a buzz of a voice. The only thing I could hear was my heart beat.

I nodded when the buzz silenced. I handed the phone back to the secretary. My eyes were filled with tears. I didn't know what was going on. My ears heard what the buzz had said, my feet were moving, but I had no idea what was going on.

An empty blackness entered my vision. I blinked repeatedly, trying to clear my eyes. My feet stopped moving. I lifted my arm and felt the cold metal of the door handle. My legs began to give out under my weight. I felt my hand move, but before I could realize what I had just done, the empty darkness took me over. I was gone.

~*~*~* Nick's POV ~*~*~*~

"Well, that was-" I stopped talking. There was a knock on the door. I held up my finger to the class. "One sec." I walked quickly to the door. I was hoping it was Kye with some sort of explanation. I twisted the handle and pushed open the door. Something was in the way, blocking it from opening more than an inch. I pushed a little harder. "What the," I whispered to myself. I pushed it open enough for me to barely slip out.

"Holy fu-"

"Nick," she whispered.

"What happened?" I asked her, bending down and lifting her head off the floor. There was blood dripping from her nose. Her eyelids fluttered shut. "Max!" I yelled, hoping he could hear me. I slid my arms under her body and lifted her off the ground. A few tears slipped out from under her lashes.

"What's- Holy f-" Max started, opening the door.

"Language," I said, turning and running towards the office.

"What happened?" Max asked, jogging beside me.

I shrugged, stopping in front of the office. Max opened the door. I stepped in and looked at the secretary. She smiled warmly at me. I gave her an annoyed look. "What happened?" I half yelled at her.

"What?" she asked me. My mouth opened in amazement.

"Excuse me," Max said, a charming smile playing on his lips.

The young secretary smiled back. "Yes?"

"Can you please tell me why Kyler Cast left?" he asked.

"Oh, I didn't handle that. She did," the secretary pointed behind her. There was an older lady there. Her eyes were puffy and she was wiping her nose.

"Now, that's better," I said under my breath. I walked behind the desk. "Excuse me," I said, tapping the secretary with Kyler's foot.

She turned towards me, gasping when she saw Kye. "What happened?" she said, grabbing tissues to wipe off the blood.

"I was going to ask you the same question," I said, repositioning Kye in my arms, so her head was more stable.

"She got a call," the secretary started. "They didn't go into much detail because the nurses didn't know much, but there's seems to have been an accident involving her father." She glanced a Kye. She paused in her efforts to get rid of the blood. "Shame," she whispered. "After her mom and all."

My stomach twisted. My emotions swriled around each other, fighting for dominance. I was obviously sad for Kye, but something else was there. I wasn't happy that her dad was in an accident. Was I? Karma... I shook my head. No, I was definitely sad.

*

I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry, but with a few blinks it came back. I nuzzled myself into the sheets. My head was really hurting. I wanted to go back to sleep.

Something soft pressed against my forehead. I squeezed the sheets in my fist and rolled over, preparing to wake Max up.

"Oof!" I yelped, semi falling to the floor. Someone's hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me back to the sheets.

I blinked a few more times, finally taking in my surroundings. I wasn't in Max's room. I was in a car. I wasn't holding onto sheets. I was holding onto Nick.

"Jeez," I said, sitting up. My vision blurred and my stomach churned. I fell back onto his lap.

"Whoa, lay back," he whispered, running his hand through my hair. His hand cupped my cheek. "How do you feel?" he asked. His voice was soft, sad.

I closed my eyes to keep the world from spinning. "Like crap," I responded. "What's going on?"

"You don't rem-"

It hit me. The events of earlier came crashing down on me. A hole appeared in my chest, ripping, biting, tearing at anything that came its way. A gasp escaped my lips. The pain was unbearable. Tears streamed down my face. I'd only felt this way once before.

Nick pulled me up into his lap. I pushed myself away. "No, no, no," I said, pushing his touch away. I kept repeating it. I prayed that by saying no, everything would turn around and go back to normal. "NO!" I shrieked, letting everything out. I fell limp on the seat. Sobs shook my shoulders. My hair was plastered to my soaking wet face. Salty water dripped into my mouth.

The car jerked to a stop. "No," I said, hoarsely. "No!" My door opened and I was pulled out.

I tried to steady myself on the ground, but my legs gave out. I stumbled out into the road. "Roof," a voice said. I knew who it was. I had just been thinking about it a few seconds ago, but now... he seemed so far away. "Roof, stop it!" he said. His voice was firm.

"No, Max," I said, the sobs pulled from my stomach and echoing through my whole body. "No, he... he's-"

"He's fine!" Max shouted at me.

The sobs stopped. Tears still fell steadily, but the loud, shaking had stopped. "W-w-what?" I asked.

He didn't answer me. He just wrapped his arms around me, pulling me up from the road and into a giant hug. He sqeezed me tightly. "He's fine," he whispered again. He pulled away, but kept his hands on my shoulders. His warm, blue eyes gazed into mine. "I want you to listen to me, okay?" he asked. I nodded. "We are about an hour away from the hospital your dad is in. You need to get back in the car, stay awake, and stay calm. Understand?"

I nodded. "Why is he so far away?" I asked. Max lead me back to the car.

"Nick will explain, I've got to get gas."

Max sat me in the backseat of the car and winked at Nick. He closed the door and walked away. I looked around outside. There were about five people staring at our car. Blood flooded to my cheeks. He could of at least pulled over and drug me out of the car somewhere private.

Nick put his hand on my cheek, gaining my attention. He leaned forward and gently touched our lips together. "How are you?" he asked, wiping my face, gently, with the sleeve of his shirt.

I shrugged. I pulled on Nick's cuff to get his hand away from my face. My whole face was sore. He put one arm my waist and the other toyed with my fingers. I laid my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes. He hummed softly.

"He, uh, he was in another town when the accident happened, I guess. We talked to the someone and they said he was stable," Nick said. His words were quiet.

"Was it his fault?" I asked. My voice came out in a whisper. I was afraid if I talked above they, my voice would be so raspy that I'd sound like a chain smoker.

"We don't know. They would only give out that information to you."

"It probably was," I concluded. I glanced down at my hand, trying to keep the tears from coming. Nick bent over and kissed the hollow spot below my ear.

Max opened the door to the front and threw a bag to Nick. He got in and headed back onto the road.

"You got three energy drinks?" Nick said, looking in the bag. "Chocolate? Energy gum?"

"Look at her! She's already half asleep. She might have a concussion or something."

I gave Max a sleepy smile. "Calm down," I said. "I'm fine." I blinked and it became really hard for me to keep my eyes open.

I heard both the men take an intake of breath. "GET HER!" Max shouted. I heard a pop. My eyes shot open when someone's hands squished my cheeks together, opening my mouth a little. Liquid starting falling into my mouth... and on my shirt. I tried to swallow it all, but Nick was pouring in the drink to fast. I coughed a few times and pushed him away.

"Sheesh! Are you trying to kill me?" I choked out.

"Sorry," Nick and Max said at the same time. It was then that I noticed, Max had jumped into the back seat with Nick and me.

I pulled my wet, sticky shirt off my chest. "I'm gross now," I said, making a face.

Max laughed, climbing into the front seat. He pushed the gass when an angry driver blew the horn behind us. Evidently, it's not polite to stop in the middle of the road.

Nick began unbuttoning his shirt. My eyes boggled when they met his bare chest. He usually wore something under his button ups. He held it out to me. "What about you?" I asked him. My eyes were still glued to his body. He placed a finger under my chin and lifted my gaze.

He smiled. "Change, I have a t-shirt. I just thought you'd be more comfortable with long sleeves."

I nodded. Was it bad to feel this way- to feel happy- when your dad could be dying in some random hospital?

Nick positioned his head so that he couldn't see me. I tugged off my shirt. Max whistled and waggled his eyes at me from the mirror. Nick laughed. I blushed and pulled Nick's shirt on. It was too big, but it was better than being attacked by bugs, or looking like a mess when you showed up at a hospital with two really cute guys.

Nick turned back to me. I kept my gaze straight ahead. My stomach kept clenching and unclenching. As much as I wanted to take advantage of this situation, my dad could be really hurt.

"Daddy," I said, walking into the bedroom. He was lying in bed with the blankets up to his chin. "How are you?"

He smiled at me. His eyes were warm and full of love. "Hey, honey," he said, attempting to sit up.

"No, no," I said, pointing to the paper hat with a red plus sign on my head. I held up the clip board with my other hand. "You need your rest. I am here to take care of you."

"Did you make that yourself?" he asked, sitting up.

"Yes," I said, trying to act like an adult. "I am being a responstible grown up."

He laughed. "You are very responsible."

I nodded, walking over to his bed. "Open up," I instructed him. He did as I said. I looked around his mouth. "Mmmmmm, I see," I said, trying to mimicked my doctor.

"Ieeh updin' ong?" he asked, his mouth still hanging open.

"Yes, something is very wrong." I placed my eye up to his ear. "Oooooh, not good." I took a step back and made a few scribbles on my clipboard. I was still to little to write real notes.

"What do I have?" he asked, looking a little frightened.

I patted his hand. "Don't be scared, daddy. Mommy says you have a case of the fakes, but I've never heard of those." He laughed. I guess that joke went right over my head. "Anyway, I think you have a broken kidney. Have you eaten any broken kidney beans recently?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I have. I think you hit the case right on the head."

I sat my clipboard down, walking over to my dad's briefcase. I hit it. "Yes, I think I did, too."

______________________________________

I know... It's short. I apologize. Im not feeling this chap. :/  Part II will be better. I just dont know when Ill have time to post it. I have homework everynight and sometimes softball practice. Jeez, hard stuff. Dx Anyway... COMMENT AND VOTE? PLEASE? Tell me how bad it is? Oh, what do you think happened to her dad? Will he be ok? Dun Dun DUUUUUN. You will soon find out. :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 1.5K 6
Two different girls, the same face. He's irrevocably and madly in love with one. *** Nicole's heart was a puzzle, and Travis held the missing piece...
409K 12.9K 31
They pooped together, They dressed together, celebrated birthdays together gone to school together and so much more. He was her pillow, She was his B...
1K 0 42
My name is Ryan and this is my story My name is Michael and this is also my story We are in it together. We both have our past lives. We have differe...
263K 5.6K 26
ENEMIES WITH BENEFITS (BXB) Kyler and Ryan. Ryan and Kyler. No reason for them to be enemies, not much was different about either. Both were male, h...