Fairy Tail: Shadows (3rd Book...

By Cryptic_Eyes

Book #3 Lucy sacrificed herself to save Fiore; to stop the machine Loren and Lores constructed to destroy eve... More

Chapter 1: The Shadows
Chapter 2: A Chance
Chapter 3: Passion To Save Her
Chapter 4: The Real Lores and Entering
Chapter 5: The First Obstacle
Chapter 6: Dark Opposites
Chapter 7: Under the Sky
Chapter 8: Natsu's Battle With the Serpent!
Chapter 9: Red Target
Chapter 10: Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back
Chapter 11: Apparition of True Feelings
Chapter 12: An Old Friend
Chapter 13: Rose and Her Helper
Chapter 14: Natsu vs His Toughest Enemy
Chapter 15: Awakening
Chapter 16: Threatening Vow
Chapter 17: Natsu vs Vallen!
Chapter 18: Found You.
Chapter 20: Over the Limit
Chapter 21: Farewell {Final}

Chapter 19: Home

9.1K 334 259
By Cryptic_Eyes

Ohaiyo, minna-san. ~♥ Here is the next chapter, Chapter 19: Home. c:  Thank you all so, so much for the comments on the last chapter! c';  I had a lot of fun writing it, and seeing all your comments really made my day!  I'm feeling much better, too, so my mood is even higher! I dedicate this chapter to darkvengeance9. c:  This person is truly amazing! ☆ So, if you haven't followed her, follow! Okay, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!  Feedback is, as always, very much appreciated~  Until next time, minna!

яу-¢нαи,

тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ♡

========================================================================

Wendy was, at first, determined to do what her friends needed her to do.  But as her and Carla left out the portal, traveling in the early morning...she was starting to get worried for her friends.  She never stopped thinking about their pridictament, about how Natsu was working hard to try and save Lucy.  Plus, had Natsu been freed from those illusions?  It was already a day later, and Wendy wasn't far from the guild.  However, Wendy perked herself up; she believed in her friends.

"There!"  Wendy exclaimed.  "I see it!"

"Oh, finally!"  Carla exclaimed, and they dropped to the ground in front of the guild.

Running inside despite her exhaustion, Wendy surprised her fellow guild mates as she charged in, coming to a stop in the middle of the room.

"Hey, it's Wendy!"  Jet exclaimed.

Makarov turned, staring at her with surprise.  "Wendy?"

Carla walked in beside her, her arms folded as she came to a stop beside Wendy's legs.  Wendy had her hands on her knees, but then she pulled herself straight up again and looked at the Master.

As she told the guild everything that had happened, first they had incredible shock on their faces, and then grief piled on top of that.  However, with Carla's help, they explained Natsu going inside to stop Vallen, and how Rose had showed up.  She also explained all the obstacles he had gone through, and even went back to the very beginning when they left the guild, heading for the portal.  Then she explained Lores and Loren's predicament.  After Wendy had told the whole story, she even answered questions; with the help of Carla, of course.

Makarov had stated what they could do know was just wait.  Sadly, everyone did so, hoping for the best that everyone was okay.  Mira, using her normal sweet self, had commented saying if Rose was there, there was no way they would fail.

That's why, a day later, everyone stood up with urgency and happiness as the doors swung open.

Erza was hanging onto Natsu over her shoulder, while Lucy was being piggy-backed by Gray.  Happy was flying over their heads, along with Rose, Loren, and Lores who were right behind them.

"You're back!"  Everyone exclaimed, cheering loudly.  

"I'm so glad!"

"Oi, be quiet, you guys!"  Gray exclaimed.  "Lucy's tryin' to sleep."

Happy flew over to him.  "What about Natsu?"

Gray rolled his eyes.  "I don't care about that bastard."

"Don't kid yourself,"  Rose replied, smiling.  "I know you care for your friend."

Gray froze, not knowing what to say.  

Then out of embarrassment, he blushed, turning away.  "Whatever..."

Thinking the blush was out of liking Rose, Juvia was hidden a few feet away, her eyes flaming.

"They've been sleepping for the past few days,"  Erza commented, amused.  "We should get them treated; I don't think my patch job was the greatest."

Wendy stepped forward.  "I did as you asked, Rose!"

Rose smiled.  "Thank you, Wendy.  You were very brave!"

Astounded of the praise she got from such a royal person, Wendy blushed, nodding.

She then turned to the others.  "I'll heal them in the infirmary; let's go!"

As they passed the other guild members, everyone looked at Natsu and Lucy with relief, Levy almost crying for her best friend.  As Gray and Erza set the two in the infirmary, they went back out into the bar area and told the rest of the story, with Wendy joining everyone after she finished her first healing treatement.

"That's incredible!"  Macao replied.  "No wonder they've been sleeping for so long!"

"Especially Natsu,"  Levy added, nodding.

Mira walked up to Erza and Gray.  "Would you two like something to eat from your long travels?"

"Yes please."  They replied simultaneously.

Then, everyone turned their attention to Rose, Loren, and Lores.  They were talking to Master Makarov, Loren and Lores sincerely apologizing for whatever harm they've caused.  Master waved it off, but was confronted on how they were going to return the items that were stolen.  Loren and Lores said they'd confront their actions, and take the responsibility themselves.

"So you're Rose Valentine?"  Master asked, turning to her.

Rose nodded, and everyone watched her with wonder.  "Yes."

"Wendy told me how you got here,"  Makarov replied.  "Are you planning on staying?"

Rose shook her head.  "Sadly, no.  I have to return to the other realm to take care of the seperate dragons."  Everyone looked slightly disappointed, but Rose smiled slightly.  "Besides, this isn't my time.  Everything seems so different."

"Well, we know that feeling."  Erza replied, and Rose turned to her.

Rose nodded.  "Yes, I know you do."

"When are you leaving?"  Gray asked.

"I'll stay until Lucy wakes up, and then I'll say my farewells."  Rose replied, smiling sadly.  "I'm truly sorry for starting all this in the first place."

Everyone smiled, suprising Rose.

"Hey, don't worry about it!"

"Yeah, you're so strong for making these decisions!"

"If you ever want to come back, feel free to!"

Rose looked shocked, but then she smiled brightly, laughing as she turned back to Master Makarov.  "You sure do have such a lovely guild, Makarov."

He nodded.  "We do."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy's eyes shook as they slowly opened, and her blurry vision focused as she layed her eyes on the ceiling.

The guild ceiling.

Slowly sitting up, she looked to her left, seeing Natsu still sleeping.  He had more bandages wrapped around his body than Lucy did, but Lucy was just glad he was okay.  Lucy knew they had been sleeping for a few days, but when did they get back to the guild?  Deciding to get up, Lucy stopped at the side of Natsu's bed, smiling as a small blush crept onto her cheeks.  She twirled one of Natsu's strands of hair around her finger, letting it brush off Natsu's face.

They were home.

Lucy exited the room, closing the door softly behind her so she could let Natsu sleep and recover.  Walking down the steps, Lucy was excited to see everyone again.

To think, Lucy once thought she'd never see any of them again.

Holding back tears so she didn't look like a cry baby, Lucy hurried through the guild to see her comrades.  She was still a little sore, but she was about to get much worse from what she was walking into.

"Lucy!"  Everyone exclaimed, flying right into her as she entered the main part of the guild.

"Gah!!"  Lucy exclaimed, falling to the ground with her friends pilled onto her.

Happy was crying dramatically, his head buried in Lucy's chest.  Levy was hugging her around the neck, while Erza was hanging onto her waist.

"Happy!"  Lucy exclaimed in happy surprise.  "Levy, Erza!"

Lucy shut one eye closed as someone rubbed the top of her head, and she looked up in surprise.

Gray was standing there, removing his hand as he folded his arms, smirking down at her.

"Gray!"  Lucy exclaimed, blushing with sincere happiness.

Everyone else was crouded around her.

"Lucy, I'm so glad you're okay!"

"We were so worried!"

"My goodness, it seems like you two always get into dangerous situations, doesn't it?"

Lucy smiled, laughing.  She couldn't help the tears on the corners of her eyes, however, she did not let them fall.  After she had gotten up, Lucy noticed Loren and Lores, who nodded to her, smiling.  She smiled back, waving to them.

"Lucy?"

Turning around, Lucy's expression lit up when she saw Rose.

"Rose!"  Lucy exclaimed, hugging her like she was the child and Rose was the mother.  "You're still here!"

Rose nodded, feeling awkward.  However, she smiled softly, hugging Lucy back.  "Yes, I am.  But I do have to leave soon."

Lucy looked back, looking slightly sad and disappointed.  "You...have to go?"

Rose nodded.  "I can stay a little longer, but then I have to leave."

"In that case,"  Lucy started, grabbing her hand happily.  "Ne, let me show you some things!"

Rose looked surprised, but she didn't have time to say anything as Lucy dragged her out the doors of the guild.

.

.

.

=====================================================

Stay tuned for the next chapter, Chapter 20: Over the Limit.

I hope you all liked it! c':

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 115 10
As another problem came for Fairytail again Eight members were chosen to visit a total different world where magic does not exist... A world where on...
206K 7.8K 28
Book #4 and also the final installment in the "Intertwined Fates" Series! Natsu and Lucy thought everything was over, that everything that had happen...
812 41 36
Lucy loses her family in a tragic plane crash at a terribly young age of 6. Whether she's alive or not, no one knows... That is, until a full 10 year...
52.3K 1.9K 24
Lucy held the picture in her hands, listening to the deafening roar of her opponent. Juvia and Gray lay on the ground behind her, Gray's body thrown...