HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

3.9; "I've got you."

8.7K 288 598
By adoringrucas

                                                                                       R I L E Y

I felt my body begin to shake, as I stared down to my feet. The subway was shuffling, as I grasped onto the silver pole in front of me, to hold my balance. I was so lost in my thoughts, in my feelings.

There was so much to think about, what happened Saturday left me completely phased, how he had so much of an affect on me. It's left me breathless ever since.

"Riley?" I heard my best friends voice, as I turned my head over towards her. "Yeah?" I asked. "We're stopped, we should go before the doors close." She spoke, gesturing to around. I looked around the subway, seeing that everyone was basically gone. Wow, was I in a daze for that long?

I went over, linking arms with Maya, before we walked out and headed up the subway stairs, down the street.

We walked in silence, Maya granting me permission to think and wonder as I pleased. Once our school came into sight, I felt this heavy loud drop onto my shoulders as my stomach churned. I told Maya everything that had happened with Conner, and she told me she wouldn't leave my side.

But suddenly, I felt a familiar touch to the other side of my body. I looked over, my eyes meeting with Lucas'. He was linking onto my other arm as well, smiling.

"I've got you." He whispered, only so I could hear. I lightly smiled, realizing that I had Maya and Lucas by my side, and that Conner wouldn't stand a chance against us.

We began to walk inside school, the nerves starting to settle in. I could tell that something was up with Lucas, he looked distracted, like something was extremely bothering him, he seemed almost nervous.

I looked over to Maya, as I chewed on the side of my lip. She pursed her lips, before her head turned to the side. She saw Josh, and he gave her a smile. She nodded towards him, and suddenly his smile faded away, and he went back to talking to his friends.

I furrowed my eyebrows, that was odd. "What was that?" I asked. Her blue eyes looked over into mine, before she gave me her usual 'I'm fine.' smile. "Nothing." She replied.

I turned my head over to Lucas, yet he was staring straight in front of him. His eyes didn't look over to mine once, so I could tell that something was on his mind. I decided not to pressure him, besides we were in front of my first class, so it would have been useless to ask him anyway. Ever since Saturday, Lucas has been acting so weird, in the text messages, calls, and when we've seen each other since then.

They both released their grip on me, as they stared at me. "I'll be fine. He's not in this class anyway." I spoke. "But Brandon and Billy are." Lucas whispered to me. I shook my head. "They can't do anything. I'll be okay." I said, as I grabbed Lucas' hand. He immediately tensed up, but he let go a few seconds after. Normally he doesn't let go..

The bell rang, so I looked at them with wide eyes. "I'll be fine." I said one last time, before I gave them each a smile, as I turned on my heels and walked into my classroom, suddenly feeling slightly sick once I saw the two faces of the boys who attacked me the other night.

They didn't even notice me, thankfully, so I quickly sat down before class began to start.

............

                                                                               L U C A S

I sat down in my chair in my history class, as my leg shook from underneath the table. My mind couldn't concentrate one bit, all I could think about was Riley.

Ever since Saturday, I've been contemplating on so many things,

I still haven't told Riley the complete truth,

She trusts me,

I want to admit my feelings for her,

but when is the right time?

Suddenly the bell rang, which made me jump slightly. "Are you alright?" I suddenly heard Zay whisper from behind me, and I turned around.

"W-What? I'm fine." I murmured, before I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder. I needed to go get to Riley as soon as possible, the next class we had together, and Conner was in the classroom. The memories pierced back into my mind, and they felt like a million daggers. My blood began to boil as my jaw tensed, and suddenly the look on Zay's face changed.

"Your face is so red, dude." Zay spoke. I felt myself tense down a bit, before I walked past him. "I have to get to my next class." I replied back, before I walked out of the hall.

Immediately, once I walked out, my eyes caught with Riley's. She stared at me blankly, I walked over to her. "You alright?" I asked. She nodded her head, before she gave me a strange look.

"What about you?" She replied, and I tore my gaze away."Nothing." I lied, before I slightly stepped back. Once I looked back over to her eyes, I could tell that she knew I was lying.

I felt her hold onto my face, and turn my head to look at her again. "We promised to always tell each other the truth, right?" She said, scanning my eyes for a sign of something. That felt like a slap to the face. I felt my body tense up, I was supposed to tell her truth. I was supposed to always tell her the truth, and yet I still haven't found the strength too.

She deserves to know,

She deserves to know everything that's happened.

"Yeah." I whispered, as I gulped slightly. "It's nothing." I said, before smiling. She bit the side of her cheek, before she set down her hands.

"Okay.. Let's get to our next class then." She cleared her throat, before she tore her eyes away and  we began to walk towards science class.

I kept Riley close behind me, as I tried to contain myself, and keep calm. I knew that when I saw Conner, I would rip him to pieces, make him regret that he ever did that to Riley. But I kept myself contained for her.

But there was no sight of Conner.

I looked back behind Riley, and she furrowed her eyebrows. We haven't seen him all morning, which was a good thing.

Riley shrugged her shoulders, before the teacher behind us closed the door. We all took our seats, and I scanned my eyes around the room once more to make sure he wasn't here, which was odd.

Mrs. Dakota began talking and class started, but my mind trailed back to the girl in front of me, as always.

........

                                                                            T H I R D * P O V

Oddly enough, Conner didn't show up to school all day. Much to Lucas and Riley's relief, they didn't see him once.

Lucas had been trying to avoid talking to Riley as much as possible today, there was so many things on his mind. He felt like everytime he spoke to her today, that he was lying to her, and it was killing him, because all he wanted to do was admit his feelings to her. But he knew that he couldn't tell her that he loved her, until he was honest with her, or else it wouldn't be right.

After the last class of the day, it had seemed like Lucas had completely disappeared, there was no sight of him.

After the bell had rung, he quickly rushed out of the classroom, and to his locker, to put his stuff away, before he walked out of the school.

His mind was so flustered, but he knew where he had to go,

He knew where he was.

Lucas, Zay and Conner used to always hangout or sneak out of school and go to the secluded area behind the school. Lucas' mind was set, he was going to find Conner, and he was going to kill him. No matter what it took.

Lucas turned around the corner, before he saw three figures, leaning their backs against the brick wall, as dull smoke surrounded them, with cigarettes dangling out of their mouths.

He could feel the anger rise in his body, as his blood boiled.

Lucas' jaw clenched, his lips pressed together tightly in a firm line.

There he stood, Conner himself, with Billy and Brandon.

Lucas didn't say anything, he just stood there, anger filling up in every single bone in his body. All he could think about when he saw Conner now was the memory of him, his lips on Riley's, his hands on her, hurting her. Lucas' green eyes flashed to a dark shade of emerald.

Suddenly, Billy pointed to the side, and Conner's eyes darted at Lucas. His expression became stern, as he took his cigarette out of his mouth, and threw it on the ground, before Billy and Brandon did he same.

"You have a lot of guts to show up here, Friar." Conner spat, as he began to walk closer to Lucas. Lucas still stood still, his eyes becoming darker and darker by the second. "Then again I knew you'd try to come and find me." Conner smirked, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Lucas, again, didn't say anything. He just slipped off his black leather jacket, as he threw it over to the side. Conner looked back to Brandon, before he let out a chuckle. "You also had some nerve to show up the other night, saving Riley as always. But honestly, I don't think you understand how much of an actual bastard you really are. You're pathetic, lonely, and you think that she actually loves you. It's hilarious, really." Conner murmured, before he let out a harsh chuckle.

Lucas' nostrils flared, as he took one step closer. He bit is tongue as hard as possible, and sadly enough, he was trying to hold back tears. He wouldn't dare, let anyone see him cry. There's only been one person who has.

"You'd die before you let anything happen to her." Conner spat loudly, before he took his finger and pushed Lucas back. Every inch of Lucas' body was tensed.

An evil smirk suddenly came across Conner's face, as he walked close up to Lucas, jaw clenched tightly.  "I bet you're just wondering what it feels like, to have her lips against yours. How I got to know before you did. I got to feel her body before you have, how I controlled her-"

"NO!" Lucas screamed, before he couldn't hold it in any longer, he took his fist and slammed it harder than ever across Conner's mouth, before he tackled him down onto the ground. Lucas began to punch, kick, do everything in his power to fight against Lucas. "Don't you ever, fucking touch her, ever again!" Lucas shouted loudly. Never, in Lucas' entire life, has he felt this enraged, it was like never before, he knew he would not be able to control it, because Conner hurt the only thing Lucas has ever loved.

As Lucas and Conner were shouting, "COME!" Conner screamed, before Billy and Brandon suddenly began to beat against Lucas.

..

Riley started to walk down the school stairs, Maya standing beside her. Riley looked around, trying to find Lucas outside but she saw no sight of him anyway, it was as if he had disappeared. Riley stopped walking, before she suddenly grabbed Maya's arm.

"Somethings wrong Maya." Riley spoke, as she felt a queasy feeling in her stomach. It was as if whenever Lucas was in pain, she could feel it too. Maya furrowed her eyebrows. "What is it?" She asked.

Suddenly, Riley heard footsteps behind her so she turned her, to see Farkle and Zay behind them.

"Hey, Riley." Farkle smiled. Riley bit the side of her lip, as Zay gave her a funny look. "Have you guys seen Lucas? I can't find him." Riley said. Zay funny expression suddenly turned shockingly, as his eyes widened.

"No, I haven't seen him since our first class this morning.." Zay said. Riley gave Maya and Farkle a look, before Zay gasped.

"No." Zay said, before looking back up to Riley. Lucas had told Zay what had happened, so Zay had something in mind. "W-What is it?" Riley asked, hesitantly. Zay began to shake his head. "You said Conner wasn't at school at all today, right?" He questioned. Riley shook her head, as her body began to tense.

It was quiet for a moment, before Zay spoke again."I-I think I know where he is, we have to go find him, now." Zay exclaimed, before he turned around and began to walk fastly. Zay knew where they were, considering that that was where him, Lucas and Conner used to hangout at. All three of them began to follow behind Zay, before they started running after Zay's lead.

..

Lucas tried throwing Brandon and Billy off of him, but three against one, it was practically useless. Lucas' body felt numb, all he cared about was beating the shit out of Conner. "Fucking cunt!" Conner screamed, before he slamemd his fist into Lucas' jaw. Billy and Brandon snatched Lucas' arms, before they pulled him up off the ground, as Conner quickly stood up.

He glared at Lucas, before he began punching Lucas continually. Lucas tried releasing himself, he tried to use all of his strength and anger, to fight back. But they overpowered him, as they all three began to beat on Lucas at once. "You'll regret that you ever did that, Friar!" Conner shouted, before a scream suddenly came out of nowhere.

All of their heads turned to the side,

And there stood Riley, with Maya and Farkle and Zay. "Leave him alone!" Riley screamed, before Lucas suddenly shook his head. No, she can't be here, she can't see this.

Lucas' was bleeding like never before, but the pain across Riley's face in that moment hurt a lot more than a thousands punches he had ever taken. Conner smirked, before he turned his head and they all three began to beat against Lucas again.

Farkle and Zay ran as fast as possible towards them, as they began to punch against Billy and Brandon, trying to pull them off of Lucas. Lucas continued to punched Conner in the face, before they fell to the ground in a fight. "Don't. Ever. Touch. Her. Again!" Lucas screamed, and Riley could hear it plain as day.

Riley tried running towards them but Maya held her back instantly. "No!" Maya shouted, as the tears streamed down Riley's face at the sight.

Zay and Farkle had luckily distracted Billy and Brandon, "GET OUT OF HERE!" Zay screamed, as they got caught up in the fight together. Zay punched against Billy, before he tried to spike back, but he kicked him in the stomach.

Conner grabbed Lucas' shoulder, before he threw him to the ground, beating against him as hard as possible. Zay and Farkle, had got a pretty good hit and beating on Brandon and Billy, also considering that they were much weaker than Conner, they fell down to the ground in agony as blood dripped from their mouths.

"Lucas!" Riley screamed, as Lucas' vision became blurry. Zay and Farkle quickly ran over to Lucas, as they kicked against Conner and pulled him away from Lucas.

Riley pushed Maya off of her, as she ran towards her love. Lucas lied down on the ground, blood and gashes covered across his body. "Lucas, no. Why." Riley cried, before she took his hand. Lucas looked into Riley's eyes, and suddenly found strength, because of her. He began to stand up, slightly losing his balance but Riley held onto him tightly.

"Why are you doing this!?" Riley screamed at Conner, who looked like an absolute monster. Conner glared at Riley and Lucas, as Farkle and Zay held him back from Lucas. Conner wasn't going to spike Zay and Farkle, he was smarter than that, or so he thought.

"Because he deserves everything that's ever happened to him. He deserves pain and misery." Conner spat, as he spit out blood. Conner and Lucas were barely able to stand on their own two feet, but held their ground.

"You're a monster." Riley whispered, as the tears trailed down her face. Conner began to chuckle, as blood began to build up inside of mouth, through his teeth as he evilly smiled. Lucas, shaking, held onto Riley tighter.

"No, actually i'm something else. I'm Conner Friar." He replied back sharply, and it suddenly felt like shots were fired. All color drained from Lucas' face, as he became weak. "Impossible." Lucas choked out, as his nostrils flared.

"Does Ben Friar, seem like a familiar name?" Conner spat, before Zay looked over at him and pushed him back. "Shut the hell up!" He shouted. Conner chuckled.

Riley looked up to Lucas, worriedly. "Lucas, what is he talking about?" Riley asked. Lucas looked down to the ground, tears threatening to fall any second. It was impossible, Conner was the son of the man who ruined Lucas' life, the guy who ruined Riley was his cousin. No. No. He wouldn't believe it.

But it all made sense, as to why Conner hated Lucas so much, why he was trying to hurt Riley.. it all made sense to him now, his uncle was behind everything. Conner was his cousin, it made sense.

"Thought you could start over? Nice try, truth is you can't run away from your past. No matter what you do." Conner hissed, before Farkle and Zay turned around. "That's it." Farkle sneered, before Zay and Farkle punched Conner in the mouth, and he tumbled backwards down onto the ground.

Lucas stood there, breathless, not knowing what to say now.

"Lucas." Riley whispered, but he didn't look over. Zay, Farkle and Maya quickly ran over to Riley and Lucas. "We need to get out of here, now." Zay said sternly, as Farkle and Zay took Lucas' arms and slung them over their shoulders as they carried his weak body.

They began to hear groans and murmurs, from the three guys lying down on the ground in pain. Riley's last tear fell, before they all quickly rushed towards Zay's car, gently setting Lucas in as Riley held onto him tightly, yet gently.

They quickly drove to Zay's house.

......

All was silent throughout Zay's house. Farkle, Maya, and Zay stood upstairs, after a few hours of aiding Lucas a bit alongside with Riley.

Lucas sat down on the kitchen counter, as the whole house was almost pitched black, except for the one small light dangling across the stove.

Lucas just sat there, shirtless, as the scars and bruises were evident all across. He's been like this for the past thirty minutes, thinking, trying to  comprehend everything that had just happened. He felt it all falling apart, everything was slipping between his fingers.

It was so quiet, before he suddenly heard a light tap against the hardwood floor. Lucas' head instantly turned to the side, and there stood the only thing he had ever loved, Riley.

She had an unreadable expression, as she stared at Lucas. Lucas' back slightly hunched over, as he held his hand at the back of his neck.

"I've got you." Riley whispered, as she took a wet washcloth from on top of the counter, and wetting it down slightly. Lucas looked at her intently, he looked at the only thing that ever made him feel safe, loved, happy. She was his strength, she was his serenity and she was his everything. He was looking at the only thing that was keeping him together,from not falling apart.

After Riley wet the cloth, her eyes looked up into Lucas'. Her heart ached at the sight of him, he was beaten up like never before. His eyes were slightly glossy, as she moved over, in-between his legs. She stood close to him, as she took the washcloth and lightly held it against his rib cage, alongside a cut. He slightly hissed, but she set her hand on top of his, and his body tensed down.

It was a beautiful thing, of how they could calm each other down so easily, it was so rare, practically impossible. But was there ever such a thing as impossible when you are so deeply and tragically in love?

Riley held her hand tightly against his side on the gash, before her eyes gazed up into his. They were so broken, she could see it. That's what he has kept from her for so long.

She softly moved her cloth from his side, up to his lip. She could feel the tears build up, as one fell, before she found the strength to speak.

"Why, Lucas?" Riley whispered quietly. Lucas felt himself break down, as he lightly shook his head. He wasn't sure what to say. Riley bit her lip, "It's all my fault that you got hurt." She spoke, before she set the cloth onto the side of his jawline, looking down.

"No, no." Lucas replied in a quaint whisper, before he set his muddy bruised fingers underneath Riley's chin, lifting her eyes to meet with his. Her lip quivered slightly as the sight of his broken down eyes and torn up body, it hurt her. "Then why?" She cried, quietly.

Lucas bit his lip, as Riley came a bit closer. Her hands lightly set against Lucas' chest, her eyes begging for some sort of answer. Why would Lucas trap himself in a situation like that again? When he knew he would get hurt?

"I did it for you." Lucas spoke softly, as he set his hand gently on the side of Riley's cheek. Riley bit her lip, as more tears fell.

"But, why did you do it for me?" She questioned quietly, as she moved the washcloth to his cheek. Lucas felt Rileys hair get tangled in his fingers, as he stroked her cheek gently. Riley eyes dilated, as she looked up to Lucas quietly.

Lucas moved in closer, as he whispered.

"Because.. I l-"

"Riley, are you ready-"

Lucas immediately stopped, before he felt himself pull away. Riley closed her eyes, as she bit her lip, a tear fell. Farkle stood there, quietly, realizing he had just interrupted something. Farkle noticed Lucas sitting up on the counter, shirtless, while Riley was in between his legs, one hand sitting on his chest and one holding the cloth to his face.

Lucas felt his heart break, all he wanted to do was have his moment, and tell Riley, but of course, Lucas doesn't deserve happiness, like Conner said.

Riley stepped back a little bit, before Lucas looked over into her glossy eyes. He felt the anger slightly build up, all he wanted to do was tell her that he loved her, but the moment got ruined yet again.

Lucas got up, and moved away from Riley. He grabbed his t shirt off of the counter, before putting it on, as his eyes squinted in pain.

Riley stood there, looking as if she was lost.

"Lucas?" She whispered.

Lucas turned his head, as he looked into Riley's eyes.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, because he walked out the door quietly.

Riley stood there, as she let more tears fall. She just wanted to know the truth for once. "I didn't mean too.." Farkle said quietly, and Riley looked over to him, before wiping her tears. "Its okay, Farkle." She whispered quietly, before she looked down to her feet.

Lucas needed to clear his mind. He walked off, to who knows where, but he just needed to make a decision, he needed time.

Was he going to tell her? Was he finally going to tell Riley about his past? Was he finally ready to tell her everything that's happened in his life, and why? Why he is the way that he is? Was he ready to completely let her in and tell her why he's so broken?

Yes.

......

A/N: *Hides underneath table shielding myself* PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I BEG. I WANTED THEM TO KISS TOO SERIOUSLY, BUT, THE BOOK IS ALMOST OVER, AND I'VE HAD THIS IDEA FOREVER AND THERE IS ONLY 11 CHAPTERS LEFT SO, DON'T KILL ME I LOVE YOU ALL LOL, OKAY? OKAY. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 355 16
Riley and Lucas thought they'd be together forever. They fell in love in high school, got engaged in college, married a year later, and by the time t...
128K 2.5K 67
What if Riley had an older brother? Would relationships have been the same? Would the story have been different? Would've the ships remained the same...
54.2K 2.1K 50
" I can't do this, just I can't." " You might not be but I can, I am ready for the life ahead with you." Two best friends slowly fall madly in love w...
27.5K 377 24
a love which stretched beyond the lines of a page. © ava | 2016-2017