Negative Law Of Attraction

By VasilisaDragomir

**I started this when I was 11. It's in the process of being edited** Avery Collins never knew her older brot... More

Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
New Book
Austin and Avery
WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS BOOK?
DREAME

Chapter 35

225K 5.6K 682
By VasilisaDragomir

There were a lot of people that wanted it in Austin's POV but some others wanted to keep it going. I'm sorry to those you didn't want this chapter.

If you want to see what might be the new cover for this book, follow the instagram I made for this book. The name is TabbyVD

-Not Edited.

Austins POV

I stood there leaning against a thick tree waiting for Avery. God, she knew how to take her time. It was getting late and the sky was dark. What was my decision going to be tonight? Was I going to break up with her, or stay together? I didn't want to break up with her, but being in a relationship was too risky. It was risky because I loved her. I had feelings for her and everyone knew.

The dance was how Andre, Kingsley, Ben, Joel, and Reid planned it to be. Perfect and precise. Everyone loved it, of course. Well except for the glares we received in the back row from Jake and his gang. Avery sat next to them and she seemed to enjoy it, so I wasn't complaining.

Finally she emerged from the large crowds and with the smile plastered on her face when she saw me, put a smile on mine. She was beautiful. Great now i'm some saggy, love struck teen. I use to be the bad boy in both public and private times but now it seems as though Avery changed everything and now i'm only the bad boy in private, well whenever she's not around. It felt weird not doing the things I use to do, and deep down I hated it.

"What took you so long?" I asked when Avery was close enough.

She stopped in front of me and I stood up straight. I was taller than her so she had to look up and I had to slightly bend my head down. "I had to say hello to people" She put a hand on her hip and gave me an dry look.

"You're such a good girl" I rolled my eyes. Seriously, she was, but some people have to be good in the world, I guess. However, she wasn't making it easy for me to decide.

"I have to talk to you" She whispered. I knew she didn't mean it like, oh let's talk about today, there was a hidden message and I had a feeling it would mirror mine.

When we began to walk to the bumper cars, I couldn't help but wrap my hand around hers. I wish this situation wasn't like it was now. With my head spinning over what to decide on; break up? or stay? God knows what was going through her brain, was she thinking the same thing? Or was I going to have a hard time deciding.

I saw Gabby in the corner of the platform, talking to a girl. She knew what was going to happen and coaxed me into it so I didn't say or do anything. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Avery raise her eyebrows in what I assumed was surprise and I didn't blame her, because aren't I supposed to be 'scared'?

We walked over to the closest car and I sat at the wheel while Avery sat in the passenger seat. I gripped the wheels as a voice spoke from the speakers. "Are you all ready?!" Then he began to count down from ten and pronounced the final word by yelling. "Go!"

My foot slammed on the pedal and I turned the wheel so we bumped into other cars. I looked around as I savoured the moment of silence between Avery and I. Okay, I got it, I know what my decision is. Now all I have to do is put it into words.

"...early" I heard the last word of Avery's sentence.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you Avery" Yeah good one Austin, nice choice of words.

When I looked at her a car bumped into us but that didn't matter at the moment. The expression on her face did. Her face had paled. All happiness that masked my face, dropped. "I love you too" She nodded, but looked away. We both knew what would happen at the end of this.

"Everything that's happened and will happen is too dangerous for you" My foot that was pressed down on the pedal relaxed and our bumper car stopped. I didn't feel relaxed though, I felt tensed up. Obviously my hands tensed since I soon realised I was clenching the wheel.

"I know" She whispered as she looked back at me. Tears fell from her eyes and kept spilling out. I took a hand off the wheel and wiped the tears off her face. My hand lingered there as I leaned in. She took in a sharp breath and I kissed her cheek, sort of like a fair well, although our talk wasn't over.

I leaned back. "But the only way you're going to be safe is-" She cut me off. Her eyes were tinged red.

"If we break up" Avery finished in a low voice. Yeah, she was definitely thinking what I was thinking.

"Yeah" I nodded. My jaw clenched because I didn't want to break up with her. I wanted her in my life.

"We're over aren't we?" She asked. I slightly flinched at her words, those words spoken in her voice would haunt me forever.

"I'm sorry but it's the only way" I stopped. "If every person knows we're together and want to kill me, finds out we not together, they won't go after you anymore, they'll just go after me" It was true. When I had a relationship with Kelly nothing happened to her. When I was with Jean, things would've happened if we were in the same situation because I did love her. But this was Avery and I was going to protect her, something I failed to do with Jean.

She shook her head. "Austin, I don't want you to get hurt" She put a hand on my cheek and I immediately felt the warmth transfer onto my skin. I could've said that I would be in the similar sort of trouble but for a different situation if she weren't in my life, but she didn't need to know that. Just like she didn't know a lot of the things I did. Which is another reason why I should break up with her, I don't tell people things, I do things when ever I wanted to.

I needed to end this conversation before I crack and take everything I said, back. "I never should of made you fall for me" I pulled her hand away from my face and saw it fall back onto her lap. I got out of the car and walked away. My own eyes grew slightly watery, but I never cried. I didn't look back at her because I didn't want to see what her expression would look like.

Don't be surprised about the fact that I don't want to stick around the fair any longer. Would you? I got straight into my Skyline and put all my frustration into the speed I reached in driving. When I got home, the front lights were on and the door was unlocked.

"Hey Austin" My mother had a cheery face on. She didn't know anything about the life I had, or the life that my father had.

"Hey mum" I tried my best to put on a smile, but I felt horrible.

"What's wrong? You look like you just witnessed a death"

"What's that meant to look like?" I asked.

"A mixture between being scared, sad and in shock" She answered as she walked over to me. Exactly how I felt.

"I broke up with Avery" I answered. She was my mum and I told her things, because she was someone I trusted.

Her face grew from cheery to shock and she hit the back of my head with her hand. "What the hell did you do that for? I knew she wasn't one of those girls you used to bring home and she was actually nice! She would be a perfect daughter in-law and Avery was someone I could have a conversation with!" She almost yelled as she put one hand on her hip and pointed an accusing finger at my face.

"Mum it was 5 months! We broke up before things got serious, and it was better for her, trust me I didn't want to break up with her but she couldn't go out with a boy like me" I shook my head.

"Oh Austin, of course you could of stayed with her, do you love her?" She asked and I nodded. She gave me a pitiful smile and then hugged me. "Are you hungry for dinner?" She asked in a soft voice. A change from her tone before.

"No I ate at the fair, thanks though" I smiled. She ran her thumb against my cheek with a mirrored smile before she turned around to get something out of the fridge.

I didn't realise until now that I didn't tell my gang that I left. So, while I was walking up the stairs I pulled my phone out and messaged them a brief message telling them I drove back home.

My room welcomed me with a comfortable and warm feeling that I was thankful for. I slipped in a DVD into the DVD player which was connected to my TV and after picking up the remote I lied back on the bed. I rested my hands behind my bed and stared at the blaring screen with Avery running through my thoughts. I shook her out of my head though, just so I could peacefully watch The Fast and The Furious.

"You know my brother likes you" Mia looked at Brian. "Usually he doesn't like anybody"

"Yeah, he's a complicated guy" Brian answered.

I couldn't imagine Jake liking me. Ever. He did at first but now he absolutely hates me. He sure was a complicated guy and I was too. I was tired from the dance practice and dance performance I had today, so I found myself dozing in and out of consciousness.

The next morning, I woke up feeling the total opposite to refreshed. I didn't even want to get up, there was just this build up of guilt. But, I did get up. I took a quick shower, got changed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. The place was empty since my mum left to go to work and my dad was out. Somewhere. As I was eating my bacon burger the home phone rang so I reached over the bench to answer it.

"Austin I won't be home tonight" My mum informed me over the phone.

"Why not?"

"The workers in the hospital are decreasing and they need me to do extra work" She sounded like she was stressed.

"Oh okay. Do you want me to come in or anything?" I asked.

"No it's okay. Thank you, I have to go, love you"

"Love you too" I answered before hanging up and putting the phone back on the set.

I quickly finished off my bacon burger for some reason. Since I didn't think I had anything to do yet. Or did I? I walked up to my room and began pacing it. What was I going to do today? While I thought I lit a cigarette and sucked in and blew out. I really had to stop smoking. It was a bad habit, especially at what 7 in the morning?

Then I looked out my open window and into Avery's room. I'm not creepy or anything. She had her curtain open. Her car. Okay I didn't know how her Honda NSX popped into my mind but it did. It was in my garage and when I put myself in her shoes I'd realised she wouldn't want to pick it up. So I will.

I got her spare keys from my desk, got my keys off my bedside table, picked out a jumper from my cupboard, slipped on some shoes and walked out of the house. I locked the front door and climbed into my Chevelle SS, since my Skyline was safely at my garage being modifed for tonights race. That Jake and his gang and his sister, my ex-girlfriend, Avery would be at. Since Jake was the one organising the race. Like he does with many of the previous ones.

When I arrived at the garage Andre and Kinsgley were the only ones there. Even that surprised me, they rarely got up at 7 in the morning, let alone the morning. "What are you guys doing, up?" I teased.

"Working on our cars" Andre answered.

"Alright" I said. I looked as they both were busy. "I'm going now" I said slowly. "Can one of you bring my car back when you're ready?" I asked as I walked over to Avery's Honda.

Kingsley nodded. "I can"

"Thanks" I got in the car and stuck the key in the ignition before driving out of my garage. My mum obviously knew I owned a garage since both my dad and her helped me set it up but she didn't know I raced.

When I arrived back home I parked the car in Avery's garage. I could see movement in the house, so I quickly turned off the engine, hopped out and ran across the lawn. I left the key in the igntion though.

--------------------------

I must admit my Skyline sounded good. I tuned it to a whole new level and changed the rims. "Ben, hurry up!" I urged.

"Okay! Okay!" Ben put his hands up like he was surrending. He got in his car and then we were ready to go. I was in the lead and in our rush to get there we had to zip in and out of the cars. They beeped their horns in annoyance but I ignored them.

When we arrived the party had already started alot of people were there and a lot of them were wannabes. I didn't blame them trying though, living in the fast lane was amazing. We parked in a large space that we intially reserved for ourselves and got out.

"It true you went out with Jake's sister?" A guy I didn't know but was parked next to me, asked.

"Do I know you?" I completely ignored his question.

"Nah man" He shook his head and when he saw I wasn't going to say anything else he turned around and went back to business.

Reid looked at me with an awkward smile as he walked over to me with Ben. I took a deep breath and just scanned the area we were in. "I'm going to get a drink" Andre announced but didn't let any of us reply as he walked to the bar.

"It starts in 10 minutes" Ben said as he checked his phone.

Which only meant Jake would be here. I dreaded about what would happen tonight, but kept my mood up with the fact that i'd get to race again tonight. Andre came back with a beer bottle and went over to stand next to his car with a smoke in his other hand. I had the urge to take one but I controlled myself.

"I can't believe you went out with Avery, I'm so much better" A girl came up and stood too close to me. She barely wore any clothes and if Avery wasn't on my mind, I wouldn't of hesistated in flirting back but Avery was still on my mind. I couldn't get over her.

"Obviously you aren't" I looked her up and down. Not in a way to check her out but to question the respect she had for herself.

"Ugh. You jerk" She gave me a disgusted look and walked away. She actually wasn't attractive and the way she loaded on that makeup didn't help.

I heard the engines before I heard the silence and I knew who it was before I even looked. When I turned my head, 8 cars were slowly driving through the race strip. People pointed and looked at one car; a Skyline. They looked at me. My eyes widened when I saw the person in it. Avery. You are kidding me right? Now she's got that same car as me? I always knew her favourite car was a Skyline but I kind of hoped she wouldn't get it after we broke up.

They didn't quite pass us, they parked across from us. Of course it was the only parking spot left. Jake got out first and looked at me first. Man, he waned to kill me for sure. Then the gang got out. Gabby looked at me like she was damn happy Avery and I weren't together. Then, I looked at Avery, she didn't get out of the car but I caught her eye. She didn't give me an expression on her face. When she got out the mouths of the people around her opened and after just 2 seconds her face was a mixture between annoyed and afraid. She rushed over to Caleb.

"You're in for a beating" Kingsley muttered but aimed it at me.

I looked over at him."It won't be something I can't handle"

"I don't know man. It's Jake Collins. I mean like he hated you, but now he's going to kill you" Reid shook his head.

"I have a lot of people on my heels that want to kill me, it's not something new"

"Hey, where's Ben?" Andre asked breaking the tension between us all.

"Over" Kinglsey answered but as we all looked he slowed down. "There"

He was walking up to an alone Avery. He said something and she stopped surprised. When she turned around it looked like she was explaining something because her arms were out. What was Ben doing? I felt like going over there and dragging him back but I couldn't.

"Anyway" I turned back to the guys and waited for anyone to start up a conversation.

"This is going to be a fun night" Joel clapped his hands together.

"There's a lot of girl here" Andre nodded as he looked around.

"I'm not talking about the girls" Joel wacked Andre's arm.

"Yeah but what happens when you win races? Girls come running to you" Andre shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"You really need someone" Kingsley put a hand on Andre's shoulder.

"No, he doesn't" I said almost immediately.

"Austin's right" Joel piped in. "Until we're out of all this mess, none of us should have a girlfriend"

This was the time Ben came back with a solemn face. "What's up?" I asked.

"It's Avery"

"Is she hurt?" I asked again.

"No"

"Then don't say anything" I shook my head.

"Well the cops are here and they're looking for Jake since he's running it" Ben looked away and we followed his gaze. A bunch of cops cars were parked a fair bit away but a couple of cops were speaking to a guy. I looked over at Avery who was back with the gang. After a shared talk they had, they parted and walked over to their cars.

Another girl came over, interupting my gaze. She put a hand on my arm and battered her eyelashes. "So after this, do you want to maybe come back to my place?" She whispered in my ear.

"I'm going to say no" I rushed out before looking back at Avery and the gang but they were already gone.

"Why not?" She pouted. With Avery it was cute, but not with her.

"Because I like someone else" I shrugged her hand off my shoulder.

"So?" She asked confused.

I shook my head. I didn't even know what I was saying anymore. I took a step back from her and looked at Ben. "Go make sure Avery gets home safe"

"She left with Caleb, she's going to be fine"

"Well make sure no cops are after her" I urged.

"Alright" He nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
9.3K 148 45
Skylar is a girl who is 17 and has a painful past. Her parents are both alcoholics and once in awhile do drugs. And once Skylar gets tired of arguing...
1M 27.9K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...