Fairy Tail: Shadows (3rd Book...

By Cryptic_Eyes

Book #3 Lucy sacrificed herself to save Fiore; to stop the machine Loren and Lores constructed to destroy eve... More

Chapter 1: The Shadows
Chapter 2: A Chance
Chapter 3: Passion To Save Her
Chapter 4: The Real Lores and Entering
Chapter 5: The First Obstacle
Chapter 6: Dark Opposites
Chapter 7: Under the Sky
Chapter 8: Natsu's Battle With the Serpent!
Chapter 9: Red Target
Chapter 10: Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back
Chapter 12: An Old Friend
Chapter 13: Rose and Her Helper
Chapter 14: Natsu vs His Toughest Enemy
Chapter 15: Awakening
Chapter 16: Threatening Vow
Chapter 17: Natsu vs Vallen!
Chapter 18: Found You.
Chapter 19: Home
Chapter 20: Over the Limit
Chapter 21: Farewell {Final}

Chapter 11: Apparition of True Feelings

7K 291 141
By Cryptic_Eyes

Ohaiyo, minna-san! ♡ Here is the next chapter!  I was watching NaLu videos on YouTube, and realized how much I missed the anime! ;A;  So, I think I'm going to re-watch the whole Infinity Clock Arc!  Not just because it's my favorite arc and a NaLu one, but it'll also help me with my writing.  Sometimes I feel like I stray from their personalities...I'm not saying now, just sometimes. c:  I dedicate this chapter to starryflames.  She's a great person, and deserves every follow out there!!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember; feedback is very much appreciated!  Until next time, minna!

яу-¢нαи,

тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ☆

=======================================================================

"Oi, Natsu!  Get ahold of yourself!"  Gray exclaimed, though he knew it was useless to try and reach him.

"H-He just collapsed!"  Wendy exclaimed.

"Nat-zu!"  Happy replied, his face nervous.

"I knew it..."  Lores replied, his eye narrowed.  "It was the dreams next."

"Dreams?"  Carla asked, intruiged.

Lores turned to them.  "Vallen's going to make Natsu go through states of mind; it'll test his feelings for all of this.  He'll have nightmares, dreams; the illusions will be tempting to snare."

"That shouldn't be hard for Natsu to break through..."  Erza replied.  "His strong will will help, won't it?"

"Actually..."  Happy started, looking at the ground sadly.

Everyone turned to him in surprise.

"He has been having a nightmare lately..."  Happy murmured, his arms by his sides.

"Really?"  Wendy replied.

"Knowing Natsu, it must've been hard to go through if he had it multiple times."  Carla replied.

"What was it about?"  Erza asked, looking at Happy.

Happy looked unsure, and shrugged.  "Natsu never told me."

"I see..."  Lores replied.  "If this nightmare was never resolved, then there just might be a problem with Natsu inside those mirages."

"He'll still break through!"  Happy suddenly exclaimed.  "This is Natsu we're talking about, right?  He's got to..."

There was a small silence.

"The time can be different in the Black Stars."  Loren replied.

"Eh?"  Everyone replied.

"Let me explain,"  Loren replied.  "Illusions can really confuse one's mind.  For example in Natsu's case, he's facing illusions.  So, in his mind, it could be one day to him, but in reality it could be three to four days."

"Oh no...!"  Wendy replied, gasping slightly.

Gray shook his head.  "One problem after the other..!"

Loren looked at them all.  "Vallen isn't the kind of person to go easy on his opponents."

"And Natsu knows that."  Erza replied.  "He knew what he was getting in to."

There was a small silence, and they all hoped Natsu would wake soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________

When Natsu opened his eyes, he was in a field of white.  It was snowing; which was strange because it didn't feel cold as it touched his skin.  Sitting up, Natsu looked around, but didn't see anything that stood out.

"Oi..."  Natsu muttered to himself.  "Where am I?"

Standing, Natsu looked around again.  Gasping slightly, he thought he heard something, and turned to look behind him.

His eyes widened, and his breath seemed to get stuck in his throat.

"L-Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed.

There was a faint silhoutte in the distance; it was walking away from Natsu, with the faint coloring of blue clothes and blonde hair.  Realizing that it indeed was Lucy because of her fresh scent wafting through his nose, he stumbled forward and took off at a jog, which then turned into a sprint.

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed.

He halted suddenly, because Lucy had abruptly disappeared, leaving himself to being in the snowy vacancy alone.  He turned in circles, to see if she'd appear again somewhere else, but Lucy was nowhere in sight.  Frustrated and desperate, Natsu took off in a certain direction, deciding that would take him somewhere.  As he was running, he felt like he was animated; like though he was running with most of his might, he was moving slowly and laggingly.  It seemed to make him go slower the more he ran, as well.

"Damn it!"  Natsu exclaimed.

Taking another few steps, he yelled in surprise as he fell into the white floor, the mysterious white snow swallowing him up.  When he dropped to the ground on a seperate landscape, Natsu looked around warily.

He was back at the Grede Fumir, where Rogue had made Lucy summon those dragons.  It was also where they barely escaped their end-roads, and where Lucy had released all the dragons from their prison and sent them "home".  Why was Natsu here?  He thought this was resolved long ago...

Wasn't it?

Come to think of it...  What was Natsu doing, in the first place?  He remembered it was important...something about Lucy, but what?  Was he supposed to find her?  But wasn't she here?

Suddenly, he froze.

"Natsu!"

"Lucy!!"

He remembered the fall.  Lucy being gone.  So, she was dead.  Grief overwashed him like a wave, and he dropped to the ground, his eyes wide in shock.

Lucy was gone.

He had to find her.  She was somewhere in this world, right?  She couldn't be dead.  Yeah, all he needed to do was find her and get her back, and they could see each other again.

Standing, Natsu looked around, not seeing any dragons around.  Taking off, Natsu ran past the Grede Fumir, not looking back as it disappeared out of sight.  Natsu didn't know exactly what was happening, but as he was running, Natsu saw images of the past flash through his mind.  Of his friends, of Fairy Tail, of Lucy.  It was like a movie; however, they flashed at confusing times, making Natsu wonder what everything meant.  What was also strange was the fact of them not inside his mind, but around and in front of him.

Even though Natsu had a new goal, and had forgotten about his old one to go through his obstacles and save Lucy from Vallen, he felt like something was missing at the very back of his mind.

However, the illusions had snared him so far, and Natsu would only go deeper.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"We can't just sit here!"  Gray exclaimed, feeling agitated.  "That Bone Head needs help!"

"Gray, I've never seen you want to help Natsu!"  Happy exclaimed in a teasing voice.

"Shaddup, Happy!  This is all for Lucy; this is no time for jokes!"

"Gray's right."  Erza replied.  "We have to find a way to help Natsu."

"Yes, but..."  Wendy started, her voice quiet.  "How are we going to help Natsu, when we have no way of reaching him?"

"That is a problem..."  Loren replied.

Happy walked towards Lores with pleading in his eyes.  "Do you know anything, Lores?"

"If I had any ideas I would tell you, I swear.  I want Salamander and Lucy Heartfilia to make it out too."  Lores replied, looking lost.  "But I simply don't have anything."

"This is frustrating..."  Erza replied, cupping her chin in thought.

"Maybe...I can help."

Everyone turned abruptly, looking behind them as an approaching body moved towards them smoothly.

And familiarly.

Everyone's eyes widened.

"No way!"  Gray exclaimed.

.

.

.

.

=====================================================

Who is this mysterious visitor, and have they come to help Natsu get out of his illusions?

Find out what happens next in Chapter 12: An Old Friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 7.8K 28
Book #4 and also the final installment in the "Intertwined Fates" Series! Natsu and Lucy thought everything was over, that everything that had happen...
52.6K 1.9K 24
Lucy held the picture in her hands, listening to the deafening roar of her opponent. Juvia and Gray lay on the ground behind her, Gray's body thrown...
30K 1.1K 39
"Don't worry Luce, I'll find you later. I promise..." . . . After having a traumatic experience as a child, Lucy forgets her friendship with Natsu an...
892 32 22
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...