Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvat...

By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

Rhapsody, state of elated bliss or ecstasy. Nereza (Neressa) is a girl who could not understand the meanin... More

Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvatore Love)
1. Vampire vs Zombie Debate
2. Coffee and Vampires
3. Vampire and Broken Glass
5. Vampire Hugs
6. Intruders and Vampires
7. Secrets and Vampires
8. Girls Day with a Vampire
9. Running From a Vampire
10. Child Games and Vampires
11. Pancakes and Vampires
12. Vampires at the Door
Authors Note!
13. Vampires and Research
14. Meeting with a Vampire
15. Vampires and Bribes
16. Vampires and School Spirit
17. Vampires and Stingrays
18. Vampires and Football
19. Vampires and Photographs
20. Twirling with Vampires
21. Vampires and an old Trunk
22. Vampires and Grave Sites
23. Vampires and the Dead
24. Vampires and Cryptic Warnings
25. Vampires and Crypts
26. Vampires and Pillow Fights
27. Vampires and Library Books
28. Vampires and Scratches
29. Restless Nights and Vampires
30. Vampires and Rude Awakenings
31. Vampires and Hocus Pocus
32. Vampires and Captors
33. Vampires and Evil Guides
34. Vampires and Visions
35. Vampires on the Run
36. Vampires and Threats
37. Vampires and Confessions
38. Vampires and Choices
39. Vampire Vs. Zombies Reality

4. Vampire's Leather Jacket

8.1K 223 159
By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

  Silence. With Damon gone I can literally feel the silence surrounding me, closing in on me. I don't dare move, afraid it will shatter. My mind replays today over and over again, and still I am reeling. What is going on? I slowly bring my hand to my chest, feeling my heart raging in my chest. It beats so fast, it's as though it is trying to break out of me. I close my eyes and picture Damon, his eyes tearing through me.

  It quickly becomes apparent that thinking of him is not helping me calm down. Instead, I focus on my breathing. In and out, nice, slow, and deep. With my breath steadying, slowly my heart settles down to its normal rhythm. I take a small step toward the door, and stop.

  What now?

  I shake my head, still struggling to wrap my mind around the nights events. I think it's time to just give up and go to bed. Feeling silly over my reaction, I push all my thoughts and feeling away, only focusing on turning in for the night. First step, turn off the lights. Simple, something I can manage. I move to the light switch when something catches my eyes. What is that black thing on the couch? Cautiously I step toward the foreign material, tracing my fingers down its smooth surface.

  Damon's leather jacket! I hadn't even realized he had taken it off. Adrenaline courses through me as I grasp the jacket and dash to the door. If I am quick enough I can catch him! I swing the door open... but no such luck, he is gone.

  I look down at the leather jacket in my hands and can't help but blush softly as I bring it in close to my chest. Sighing, I close the front door and turn the lights off in the house. Having the same routine as always, I am able to navigate through the darkness.

  Going back into the kitchen I move my way into the closet once again. Putting one hand on the washer I ensure the lid is closed, having learned the need to check the hard way. With my foot I feel next to the machine for the small stepping stool, pulling it out just slightly. With little effort I lift myself up onto it and then step up onto the washer. I tense as the metallic clang echoes my movements, but it can't be helped.

  Once silence settles in the house, I take a cautious breath, thankful to have not woken Dad. Lifting my free hand up above me, I pat at the panel I know to be there. Finding it with ease I am able to push it up and to the side with little pressure. Thankfully my eyes are adjusted to the dark at this point, so I am able to stand through the opening without fear of hitting its edges.

  Gently, and slowly, I lift the jacket through the gap and set it off to the right. I know it will be easier to crawl up if I have both hands, but at the same time I am hesitant to let it out of my touch. Placing my hands on either side of the opening I pull myself up into my room, the attic.

  Lifting the jacket back into my arms, I mindlessly move the panel back in place with my foot. In a haze I drift towards the bed, automatically reaching for the lamp that balances on top of a milk crate, flipping it on. Light illuminates my small space, giving me the comfort of finally being able to relax.

  My room is very much like the rest of my house, like my life in general, nothing special. It is technically the attic, but other than the weird way of getting into it, I love my room. When I was 13, Zeke and I decided that it was time to get some color in here, neither of us being very fond of the color of wood. So for my birthday his mom got me the paint I so excitedly picked out. It took us 2 complete days to paint my walls purple and the ceiling black, but it was a total blast! Only after we finished would he let me open my present from him, glow in the dark stars that you stick to the wall. Adding those to my ceiling just made it perfect, now I have my very own night sky!

  I don't have very many belongings, but I have everything I need. There isn't a closet, but I managed to hang a dowel up along the far side. Not having a plethora of clothing, its enough space to hang what I have. Anything that doesn't fit I fold nicely into milk crates that I tuck underneath.

  What I do have an overabundance of, is books! They line the edges of my room in teetering piles. I don't have a TV, or even a radio in my room. Anything that could make noise and wake Dad up was is something I adamantly avoid. I can read though. For hours I could get lost in my book and he would forget all about me up here. I have dabbled with writing, but I'm not very good at that, but still I enjoy creating my own worlds that strive in my notebooks.

  Over the years I have worked on making my room into a sanctuary, a place I can disappear to and no one can get me. The best part of it though, is my bed. It's nice and comforting with a soft dark purple comforter that always makes me feel safe. It takes up most of my space, but I don't mind. The head of it pushes right against the wall, up to the only window I have in my room. At night I lie on my stomach and just look out at the world, wondering what everyone else Is doing. What other kind of lives are out there. Then, on those nights were I feel as if I really need to get away, I can open it up just enough so I can crawl out onto the rough above the porch. When I'm out there, I feel like nothing can touch me. That I am completely alone, and at times, that feeling is very welcome.

  Tonight however, I am utterly drained. I don't even have enough energy to stay away another moment, let alone day dream. Setting Damon's leather jacket beside me I stand just long enough to kick off my shorts. Not caring enough to change into my pajamas I plop back onto my bed and snuggle into the covers.

  I eye Damon's jacket laying next to me, an unexplainable need to keep it close. Hesitantly, almost shyly, I reach out and run my hands over the soft leather. Heat rises in my cheeks as I settle into bed, keeping my hand rested on his jacket. I don't dare pull it closer to me, I would just die if I was one of those girls who would cuddle with a piece of clothing that belonged to the guy that I liked. Not that I like him or anything...

-----------------Damon's POV-----------------

  I smile smugly to myself, pleased with the nights events. I had dreaded today, thinking down of this plan to go to school. Thinking even lower of the idea of spending the evening with one of these locals. Elena had insisted, even threatening me if I refused, that I joined them. Saying that I needed more interaction with humanity. She is just sour that I still prefer a live drink to those blood bags.

  Everything passed uneventfully, except for one odd recurrence. I first caught a whiff when we entered the cafeteria, an intoxication aroma that clung to my senses and demanded my attention. In the crowded room however, I unable was find its cause. Throughout the day I would catch faint whisperings of it in the hallways, always stopping me in my tracks. The strongest was during final hour, making it hard to control my inner beast. It was delightful, but different. Not the chemical haze that most girls have surrounding them, nor did it make me think of dinner.

  It wasn't until the peculiar girl, Nereza, ran into me outside of the shop that was I certain where it was coming from. Instantly my curiosity was piqued. There's something about her I just can't place. She is definitely human, and not even a gorgeous one at that. Sure, arguably cute, but nothing to be obsessing over. Yet, I found myself studying her, enjoying the way her heart flutters and her breath catches when I near her. Her nervousness only egging me on, pushing to tease her and make that heart race for me.

  Stefan, always the watchful guardian, quickly caught onto my game. Kicking me from under the table and warning me to behave with his practiced glare. It did not detour me however, only made the act more entertaining. Not only did I get to make her squirm, but Stefan along with her. I particularly enjoyed hearing her thoughts on Vampires, how she believed the chances to meet one to be so slim. How much I wanted to show her a true vampire, to show her how scary we truly can be. To watch her tremble as she realized she not only met one, but was surrounded by three.

  My amusement only growing when she asked about our move here. I despised being dragged to this insignificant speck on the map, and enjoyed throwing in a passive aggressive jab at Stefan for the situation. I was awarded for my taunt with more fidgeting nerves. Stefan hates lying, I swear the boy is too kind for his own good. Will get him killed one day.

  When even their squirms were not enough to amuse me, I called for the end of the outing. Although it was more entertaining than expected, we still had work. The sooner we found the key, the sooner I could get out of this godforsaken town. The sooner I could get back to my life!

  I was distracted by my thoughts with Nereza's shift in body language. Still quivering, heart hammering, but no longer just from nerves. Something had her truly afraid. All laughter and joy faded from her eyes, replaced with wild panic to get away. So much so, I actually had to check to make sure I hadn't slipped and taken a nibble.

  I studied her, trying to see past her defenses, looking for the secrets that are left unsaid. Nothing, I could get nothing other than the tendrils of senses that she let of. It infuriated me! The more I pushed, the more I was met with resistance. I searched, looking for signs of anything that could be containing vervain, but there was nothing. Sure, she wore a cross around her neck, but to think that would have any effect is preposterous.

  Before I knew what was happening I found myself reaching out to her. Drawn to the heat of her skin against my hand. Needing an excuse I offer the silly girl a ride home. Stefan and Elena instantly were on the defense. Rightfully so, why would I offer such a thing? I got nothing out of it, and its not like I want to spend any more time that I have to with her. I play it off well enough, sweeping her out of the shop with a promise to behave and smirk playing on my lips.

  Oddly enough I found myself worrying about her as the night air washed over us, a shiver coursing through her. I even entertained the thought of offering her my jacket, but quickly settled on just getting her in the car. Even odder, once alone with her I found my eyes constantly being drawn toward her. The way her pale skin glowed in the moonlight, back shadowed by the dark interior of the seats. I wanted to reach for her, to run my hand across her smooth skin. Instead, I shifted the car into motion in attempt to distract myself.

  The drive was quite, only being filled by the music of her beating heart. I amused myself by making her blush for me once more, but too quickly she got distracted. Her nervous fidgeting transforming into panic. Her eyes darting around looking for escape. Even as we pulled in front of the picture perfect white house, fresh baked pie wafting out in greeting, she did not relax.

  With the appearance of her drunk father, it all began to make sense. My anger boiled within me as the bastard threw a bottle at her, just barely missing her. He will never know how lucky he is for having bad aim. Acting on instinct I found myself stepping out of the car and taking control of the old man. He was weak, unlike his daughter, and bent easily under my compulsion.

  Once I was let in, my grip tightened around the man, threatening to leave bruises. The shame and pain that reflected in Nereza's eyes as she showed me in only adding to my fury. How does a man destroy his house, and then yell at his child to clean after him? I wanted nothing more than to drop him onto the shattered glass, make him really feel the consequences of his actions.

  Nereza, having a kinder heart, instead showed me to his bedroom. Carelessly I dropped the man, not caring whether he got hurt or not. My heart sank in my chest as Nereza struggled to make an apology. I stopped her with a shake of my head, unable to hear her excuses for this pathetic man. I am a dick, and even I wouldn't treat someone the way he does.

  Stepping past her, I tossed my jacket to the couch before getting to work. She, of course protested, but I just continued on. I knew I should leave, knew she wanted to be left alone, but I could not bring myself to abandon her with this mess. So, together we tidied the living room. The entire time I could feel her curious eyes watching me, enticing me to return her gaze. Eventually it was too much, I turned just in time to see her cry out in pain. The piece of glass she held tumbling to the floor.

  The sultry aroma of her blood filled the room, teasing my senses with how she may taste. I tensed against the urge to lunge, to sink my fangs into her soft flesh. To drain her of all she has to offer. The need of it clung to my mind, demanding action. Instead, I closed my eyes and fought for the control I insisted upon having. Once stable, and sure that I wouldn't attack, I leaned in to offer my assistance.

  I teased her as I grasped her hand in my own, her skin so soft against me, she seemed so very delicate. As gently as I could I removed the culprit, a tiny shard of glass, and dropped it into the garbage. I only wanted to ensure I had removed all the glass, but as her scent washed over me I could not help put pull her closer.

  Without thinking I brought her finger to my lips, sucking softly at her delectable blood. The way it felt, to have her life source run down my throat, I had to suppress a moan. It was nothing like I ever had before. The only thing that stopped me from biting down on her was the soft gasp that escaped from her.

  I dropped her hand and rose to my feet, desperately in need of distance. Shame thrashed inside of me, even as I fought the desire to go back for more, to finish what I had so carelessly started. I busied myself, looking to distract my greedy mind, all while avoiding her gaze. How could I explain what I had done?

  Once finished with our chore I knew I should leave, to detach myself from the situation. Yet I followed behind her as she moved to the kitchen, unexplainably drawn closer to her. She shyly eyed me from under her lashes, trying and failing to put on a brave face. Not that I could blame her. What she must think after such a display.

  As her gaze met mine I pushed once more to look past them, to see the girl within. Her heart quickened, her discomfort evident, but that is all that I was given for my effort. Tired of failing a twinge of annoyance shot through me, making me lash out at her.

  "So, I thought your house was the white one," I asked, knowing full well why she lied. Of course she would want to say that she lived in the loving house next door, who would want to admit this is their life?

  As hoped her breath caught in response before she stammers an explanation. I hardly paid attention to her words, more enticed by the accelerating beat of her heart. I could watch her fidget under my gaze for hours.

  Only when her apologies started did I feel the need for action. Even her soft blush didn't amuse me enough to sit and listen to her defend that man. Instead, I slowly stepped toward her, her voice trailed away as she cautiously watched me, only leaving the sound of her heightened breath and hastening heart. I stopped just inches from her, resisting the urge to reach out and touch her once more.

  "You should thank me," I teased softly, leaning in even closer. With a tilt of my head I stared down at her, once again wishing I knew what was beyond. "Seems you never really appreciate my help," I smirked, my voice just barely above a whisper. She didn't even breathe as she gawked up at me with wide eyes, her mouth dropping open in shock. I soaked in her response, my pleasure only halted as her scent wrapped around me, threatening to overtake my mind.

  I bolted away from her, chuckling as she struggled to understand my movement. She really is an amusing person to play with. With a final word of goodbye, I left, feeling her eyes following me out the door.

  I listen closely as I slide into my car, taking pleasure in knowing she still hasn't stepped from where I left her. Her heart still beating furiously, her breathing coming in short bursts. It is a powerful feeling, being able to do that to someone.

  I am half way down the street before I falter, realizing I had forgotten my jacket on her couch. I curse myself under my breath, pulling my car to a stop on the side of the road. What now? I really don't want to have to talk to her again, but I really want my jacket. I'm not used to having to wait for what I want. She did invite me in, so really, I could just sneak in and grab it before she even  notices it's there.

  Opening my car door I am instantly met with a cool breeze, exactly the reason my jacket would be nice. Although, the temperature doesn't ever get to me, it's the principle of the point. Stepping into the night, I casually glance around to ensure no one is paying any attention. Walking back in the direction of Reza's house I take a deep breath, closing my eyes so I can concentrate my entire being on transforming.

  Then I'm flying. My black feathers shifting slightly as the wind glides me on my way. Being a crow can come in handy when having to sneak into a house, on the rare occasion I feel the need to that is. As her house draws nearer I mentally smile, all is dark so she must have gone to bed already. I flap my wings slowly as I drift to a landing on the front window, looking into the living room.

  Still having my ability to see clearly in the darkness I don't even have to squint to look to where I had dropped it. Where is it? A movement in the back catches my attention, but it was just out of the corner of my eye. At this angle I am unable to see clearly, only piquing my curiosity more. Taking off, I hastily fly around to the back of the house and perch on the window sill. Reza? What is she doing on top of the washing machine? I watch as she carefully stands up, seeming to disappear into the ceiling. As she pulls herself up I take off again to find a window on the top level.

  As soon as I land again the light in the room flips on. I jump back, hiding once more in the shadows so as not to be too noticeable. I can't believe she has to climb into the attic every night. Her room looks nice though, considering that it's just a tiny space. I'm not surprised one bit to see that there are books everywhere, she seems like the type to bury her nose in a book.

  I stop focusing on her surroundings, and instead study her anew. Oddly, I no longer agreeing with my earlier assessment. How could I have thought she was nothing special? How did I not notice the beauty that shines through her?

 True, its imperfect, yet all the more attracting. Her movements graceful, but completely natural to her. Her long hair flowing with her as she glides around her room. Her delicate features that express her every thought, making her easy to read even as I can not see into her mind. I was certain she was nothing but another pathetic little girl, but now she seems so much braver than she appears. She carries herself with a strength, that she doesn't even seem to be aware of.

  I can't help but watch as she slides off her shorts, enjoying the wiggle her bottom gives as she kicks them to the side. My mind temporarily consumed with the thought of feeling her in my hands, of feeling her smooth legs against me. As she disappears under the covers my eyes are drawn to the black material that is on the bed.

  She has my jacket! I mentally growl, annoyed that I wasted my time coming back here all for nothing. I turn to take off when I notice her hand reach out for my leather. She smiles to herself as she closes her eyes for sleep. I let my body relax as I allow myself to turn back to my natural form. Half laying, half sitting I watch her for a while, not thinking anything in particular. Just observing as she slowly pulls my jacket into her, holding it against her body as she sleeps. A thought suddenly pops into my head, more of an image really, of me being beside her rather than my jacket.

  I stand abruptly, totally disgusted with myself, my skin crawling with the need to get away. I have just been pretending to be human too long, been spending too much time with Stefan. Here I am helping a human and I don't even expect a meal or sex out of it. I need to let loose and let my instincts take over.

  Taking a step off the roof I fall to the ground, landing with ease. I walk casually back to my car trying to get the images of Reza  cuddling with my jacket out of my mind. I shove my hands in my pocket, pulling out the little piece of paper I was looking for. I just need a little distraction, I think as I look down at the number that was slipped to me during last hour. I smirk as I reach my car and climb inside. Jill, I think she said her name was, doesn't really matter. Either way, I'm getting hungry...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 9.3K 20
After the passing of her mother in a tragic car crash, Ally and her dad return to Mystic Falls. She reunites with her friends, who are the greatest f...
98.5K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
468K 5.3K 77
(Y/n) + Ian Somerhalder / Damon Salvatore Requests remain open! (Females pronouns unless requested or specified). Enjoy! x
17.2K 337 9
I want you to stay (delena) Life after death, Elena finally listens to her heart. Just when things are shaping up for the best things go completely w...