HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."

7.5K 283 478
By adoringrucas

Riley sat down at her precious bay window, her sanctuary, her safe place. Her mind was completely clear, for once.

She knew how she felt, nothing was holding her back from feeling the way that she does anymore, and it felt like a new breath of fresh air for her. No more lying.

Suddenly, a light knock came from only a few feet away. Riley turned her head, and saw her parents, standing at the door, smiling towards her. She pursed her lips silently.

They walked over to her, each of them sitting on either side of Riley.

"What is it?" Topanga asked, as she rubbed Riley's arm. Riley looked over at her dad, before back to her mom.

"After, I had found out what Daniel did, it felt.. kind of like a relief." Riley spoke. Topanga looked over at Cory, giving him a slight smile, before looking back to Riley.

"You're not hurt?" Riley's dad asked. Riley looked over to him, tears suddenly filling her eyes. She began to shake her head.

"I think i'm more heartbroken over the fact that it didn't hurt as much as it should have." Riley began to cry. Cory and Topanga immediately engulfed their daughter in a hug. "It's okay, honey. You were in pain, you were just trying to move on with your life. You shouldn't have to feel bad about it." Cory said. Riley sniffled, before she wiped her tears.

"I-I didn't think he would ever come back. But he did.. I mean, I always had hope. Even though I had buried it deep down inside, I never, for one second, lost hope that he wouldn't come back." Riley replied. Topanga smiled. "Because you've always loved him." She whispered, as she moved a piece of hair behind Riley's ear.

Riley lightly smiled, before looking down to her lap, as she fiddled with her white polished fingers. "I do." She responded. Cory held his little girl closer, she was growing up. She was in love after all.

"Sense, and sensibility." Riley's dad suddenly said. Riley turned her head over towards him, as she wiped her lonely tears. She wondered what he was thinking.

"You need both to have a good, healthy relationship." He spoke. Riley bit the side of her lip, as she thought. "Everything Daniel has said, has made sense.." Riley murmured quietly. Cory rubbed her arm as Topanga did.

"And..?" He whispered, as he looked at his daughter. Riley stared at her dad, thinking, before she finally caught on.

"Charlie only made sense, too." Riley lightly gasped. Topanga and Cory smiled at each other, before looking back to their daughter. "So, how do you feel now?" Riley's mom asked. Riley looked at both of her parents, with a light smile dangling across her lips.

"I feel free." She finally replied, with a sense of relief.

There was nothing holding her back now,

Except she didn't know how he felt, if he truly felt the same,

Little did she know, it was even more than that.

"I like this story," Someone suddenly said, making Riley, and her parents heads turn towards the doorway. There stood a short little boy with curly hair, a smile curving along his lips.

"What are you talking about, Auggie?" Topanga asks, motioning for Auggie to come over. Auggie ran over, hopping into between his mom and his sister. He looked up to Riley, smiling once more.

"You finally realized who the good prince was, and who the bad ones were." Auggie spoke. Riley's light smile faded, as she finally realized what her little brother was talking about all along.

"Charlie, and Daniel." Riley whispered. Auggie grinned, as he nodded his head. "Only now you get it." He responded, and all three of them laughed, and Riley finished wiping her last tears.

"You've known all along." Riley smiled to her little brother. Auggie furrowed his eyebrows. "So have you." he said. Riley bit the side of her lip, realizing that her brother was right, yet again.

"I-I have to go do something," Riley spoke, as she stood up. She had to get to school also, even though she had already missed a few periods. She's had a rough morning.

"Where are you going?" Auggie asked, as Topanga and Cory gave Riley a reassuring hug, before she began to walk towards the doorway.

Riley turned around, before giving her little brother a smile.

"I have to go slay the bad prince." She said.

Auggie grinned deviously, "Do it before I do." He replied. All four of them chuckled, as Topanga pulled him on his lap. Riley smiled at her family, before heading out the door.

This was her world,

And she's knows exactly who she wants in it.

............

Riley walked into school, not minding to look at anyone else along the way towards her locker. She had so many missed messages from Maya, Farkle, Zay, Lucas, etc.

Especially a ton of messages from Lucas and Daniel.

As she began to walk further down the hall, she saw Maya, Farkle, and Zay, along with Daniel standing at the front of Farkle's locker. They had no idea what Daniel had done, neither did Lucas. She hadn't told him yet either.

Riley stood there, staring at Daniel, before his head turned towards hers.

"Riley." Daniel quickly spoke, before all of their heads turned towards her. "Where have you been?" Maya asked worriedly, as she walked up to her best friend. Riley looked at her best friend, and Maya instantly knew something was wrong, so she took a step back.

"Riley, please listen to me." Daniel whispered, as he tried to grab Riley's hands but she instantly pulled away. "We need to talk." Riley said sternly, as she stood her ground. Daniel quickly nodded his head. "Do you want to talk somewhere else?" He spoke, gesturing to Zay, Farkle, and Maya. All three of them looked at Riley worriedly. Riley just gave them a smile, she was the least bit upset. She was strong.

"No. Everything I'm going to say I will say in front of my friends." Riley replied. Daniel looked so upset. "I am so sorry, I never meant to do that it was a mistake." Daniel pleaded, as tried to hold onto her face but she shook her head. "No." She whispered. Daniel looked at her sadly. "I was drunk, I never meant anything. I would never intentionally hurt you. Please, please, forgive me Riley. I am so sorry." Daniel begged, as he looked at whom he thought would still be his girlfriend.

Riley looked up into his eyes, feeling a few tears rush in. It wasn't because she was upset, or sad, or angry. She just wanted him to find someone that he deserved, and she knew that it wasn't her.

"I know, Daniel. Everything you say makes sense. I know you have never meant to hurt me once, and you are a really good guy. But I can't do this, I can't do us anymore. It's not only because of what happened but-" "You're in love with Lucas." Daniel whispered, so only Riley could hear.

Riley blankly stared at him, not knowing what to say. She was utterly speechless,

Daniel looked down, before lightly smiling, smiling through the pain.

"I see the way you look at him, ever since the first day I met you I have seen it. At Thanksgiving, he was only the one who deserved you, and who ever will." Daniel replied. A light tear fell from Riley's eye, before he lightly grazed it away. Riley genuinely smiled, it wasn't one of her usual fake ones.

"Thank you for being my friend. You are an amazing guy." Riley spoke, as she moved farther away from Daniel. And he was, Daniel was a great guy. He made a mistake, but he was human. Nonetheless, Riley and him were not meant to be together.

"Thank you for being my friend too. Now go to him, go to who you truly love." Daniel genuinely smiled, before slightly backing away also. Riley looked down to her fingers, before looking at Daniel one last time.

"Goodbye, Daniel." Riley whispered finally. "Goodbye, Riley." Daniel responded, with a light crack in his voice, before he walked of silently. Riley stood there, staring off into space for a moment, ignoring her friends who were probably staring at her intensely and shockingly right now.

She breathed in, and let out a breath of relief. She turned her head to her right, instead of left because of her friends,

her eyes met with Lucas'.

He stood there, staring at her quietly a few feet back. He had just encountered everything, except he couldn't hear hardly anything due to the space in between them.

She stared at him, wanting to instantly run up and kiss him.

He gave her a sad smile, but she returned the gesture gracefully. She was happy, she was free.

"Riley." Someone said, making her head turn to her other side lightly. Her blue eyed best friend stared at her in concern, afterall she had just found out her best friends boyfriend cheated on her, and they broke up right before her eyes.

Riley genuinely smiled. "I'm okay." She said in complete and utter honesty. Maya tilted her head, trying to search for some sort of truth in Riley's eyes. She found it, because Riley wasn't lying for once.

Maya smiled before pulling her best friend in for a comforting hug. Riley giggled as she hugged her best friend back.

"Okay.. I just have to join! MOVE OVER LADIES!" Zay exclaimed, as he pretended to dry false tears. The girls chuckled, before Zay joined.

"Farkle!" Riley and Maya said in unison. Farkle rolled his eyes before smiling, as he jumped in on the group hug.

But one person was missing.

Riley peeked her head out of the side, to see Lucas still standing there.

Riley lightly smiled to him, before she set out her hand.

Lucas smiled, before he walked over and laced his hand in hers. They all joined in, hugging, and laughing like a bunch of weirdos. Lucas held onto Riley especially close, as she smiled into his chest.

Life was good.

...............

Riley walked into her Science class with Lucas, as he trailed close behind. Riley could feel the heat rise upon her cheeks, before she suddenly felt something tap against her ankle roughly, as she suddenly began to fall to the ground, closing her eyes tightly so that it maybe wouldn't hurt so bad.

But she didn't feel anything.

Her eyes fluttered open, as Lucas' eyes looked down into hers. He held on her tightly, to keep her from falling.

Riley was breathless, as he held onto her waist in a dipping motion. Suddenly, they both heard a clapping noise, making Lucas lightly release Riley, to see who it was and who tripped her.

Of course, it was the one and only Conner. Lucas hasn't had one encounter with him since the day he left, and he really didn't want to have one now.

Conner began to chuckle, as Missy was clutched onto his side smirking. He tripped her on purpose.

"Sorry, I was just stretching." Conner lied, as he put on a fake smile towards Lucas and Riley.

Lucas immediately stepped in front of Riley with his fists and jaws clenched. Riley trusted him, she knew he wouldn't do anything stupid.

"I suggest you leave her alone." Lucas spat. Missy gave Riley a glare, but Riley returned it with a smile, knowing how much it would get on her nerves.

Why did Conner hate Riley so much? That was something Riley and Lucas had always wondered in their own minds.

"Hero, here to save the day like always." Conner spat, but then smirked once more. Riley took a breath inward.

"Well, I don't think I'm just going to let her walk into some trash." Lucas replied back smugly. Riley slightly blushed, to say the least it was sort of attractive when Lucas protected Riley, or at least she thought. It was sweet, yet she didn't want him to at the same time. She didn't want him to get hurt.

"Who pissed in your breakfast?" Riley spat forcefully. Conner instantly chuckled.

"Sorry, normally when I see a slut, I just try to put them in their place." Conner smirked. Riley glared at him, as Lucas' jaw clenched.

"Clearly you're blind then, look next to you." Lucas spat. Missy put her hand across her chest, before pretending to gasp loudly. Conner gritted his teeth.

"Oh, I guess I only notice fat slutty bitches." He sneered, and Lucas had it. He began to force himself forwards towards Conner, but Riley took his hand, causing him to immediately stop. He looked back to Riley gently.

She shook her head instantly, before she stepped in front of Lucas confidently, to Lucas' surprise, even Conner's.

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than that." Riley smirked. Conner began to laugh, before he stood up from his seat, inching his face towards Riley to intimidate her. Lucas instantly squeezed Riley's hand tighter.

"Bet it took you all day to come up with that one." Conner smirked. Riley smiled, as she shook her head, intertwining her fingers in Lucas' for comfort. "Nah, it just comes naturally. Unlike you where it would take you all day to figure it out." Riley sneered. The whole class 'ooed', making Conner's anger grow.

"Do you ever get tired of being a bitch all the time?" He spat back. Riley fakely smiled. "I'd rather be a smart bitch then a dumb ass."She hissed back. Conner stood there, with gritted teeth, before Riley pulled away with a victorious smirk on her face. She finally had more courage to speak up for herself.

Riley began to walk over to her seat, ignoring everyone else, she didn't want to deal with it, but she leaned over to Missy slightly.

"Oh and Missy, if you're going to be two faced, at least try to make one of them pretty." Riley whispered to Missy. Missy sneered, before glaring at Riley with a defeated huff.

Riley sat down in her seat, as the teacher walked in. Riley didn't like to talk to people that way, but she was clearly pissed, and throughout the summer, all the torture Conner and Missy put Riley through, what Riley just said was hardly nothing to the pain they caused her, taunting her of how Lucas was gone.

Lucas sat down behind Riley, as he stared at her, trying to take everything in. Riley broke up with Daniel, fell into his arms again, and then slayed Conner's ass. Damn.

"Let's get started, everyone turn your attention towards the board." Mr. Hutchison said in a gloomy tone. He was around 50, and one of the grumpiest teachers at this school. Everyone hated him, also, he would give detention to basically anyone if they got on his nerves enough.

Riley pulled out her notebooks, as she started to take down notes.

Riley could feel eyes burning beneath the back of her head almost the whole time in class, making her lightly blush at times, and she could sometimes feel Lucas' foot graze against the back of her leg sometimes, which made her go crazy even more.

"You will need a partner for this weeks project, so study with each other and use each others help and pick your partners after class is dismissed." The teacher spoke, making Riley instantly look back to Lucas, as he lightly smiled towards her, making her blush a shade of magenta.

Before class ended, Riley happened to glance over to Conner. Suddenly, she saw him and Missy on their phones, leaning back and giggling. Riley bit the side of her lip, before looking over to the teacher.

"Mr. Hutchison." Riley called out. The teacher glared at Riley, before Riley shook her head towards Conner and Missy.

"Miss Bradford! Mr. Trohman!" Mr. Hutchison yelled out, making them both instantly look up. "What?" Conner called out cautiously. "Detention! For a whole week, both of you!" He shouted, and instantly Conner looked over to Riley, with so much anger. Riley just sat there, staring at him. He was slightly frightening, especially after everything that had happened over the summer.

Why does he hate Lucas and Riley so much? Riley was almost determined to find out.

"You'll pay for this." He whispered, making Riley look away with a slight smirk.

Lucas' jaw clenched once he saw Conner glare at Riley, Conner reminded him of someone, of how he was acting, and it suddenly frightened him.

He reminded him of the worst man he had ever known.

....

A/N: Even when I write Conner gets on my nerves, what does he mean by she'll pay for this?? oooo. ANYWAY. I FEEL LIKE I HAVEN'T WROTE A CHAPTER IN 20 YEARS EVEN THOUGH I JUST UPDATED LAST WEEK AHHH I MISSED YA'LL. I hope you guys liked this chapter :) Daniel's gone... anyone else have any ideas of whats going to happen??? ;) Have a great rest of the week loves <3 GOTTA ZAC

(hahaha sorry, I just had too)

RILEY SLAY THOSE BITCHES

LUCAS LOOK AT RILEY LIKES SHES THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD

DANIEL IS A GOOD GUY OKAY OKAY BUT HES GONE NOW LOL

ALSO, YES I HAD PLANNED ALL THIS SINCE THE FIRST CHAPTER DANIEL WAS IN. MUAHAHAH. Love ya'll

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 429 50
Things have changed. They loved. They got hurt. Broken promises and lies that they've told. But will the pain they caused will go away? Or will it co...
14.7K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...
327K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...
51.5K 2.6K 31
❛and now you're in my heart forever❜ [RUCAS SOCIAL MEDIA AU] [PART ONE IN THE ❛MESSAGES❜ TRILOGY] © kate [2016 - 2017]