Immortal (Demon AU)

By NoChillCamren

Lauren Jauregui thought she was the only one of her kind in the entire world. What happens when she meets a p... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter Thirty Six
Not An Update

Chapter Thirty Five

4.9K 155 92
By NoChillCamren

It had been a week since everyone got the glorious news that Derik had quit his job to search for Quinn in Canada. Those seven days had never felt better for everyone. Normani felt like a good ninety nine perfect of the mistakes in her life were gone. Ally felt like her town was now rid of all of the negativity. Dinah felt relieved that she wouldn't have to be in charge of such an idiotic coworker. Camila and Lauren felt like they were free and could happily continue on with their relationship and not have to worry about being forced apart or hunted.

And Quinn felt the most relieved of all. The girl had spent so much time and energy on trying to get away from Derik; it was like she was finally safe. She didn't have to flinch which walking around corners, she didn't have to check her surroundings before getting out of the house, and best of all; she could walk around her town proudly instead of cutting through alleys and taking back entrances.

Ever since Derik left, the town was happier, the streets were cleaner, and the sun was extra bright. Derik had the power to make the entire town miserable. His constant scowl and dirty appearance seemed to be the root of all problems in the entire city. It was unbelievable that ONE person could do so much damage.

But now that he was far, far away from the town, everyone was perfectly happy.

Camila and Lauren walked into the coffee shop with bright smiles on their faces and were greeted with even more bright smiles from behind the counter. Ally and Normani prepared the girls' usual order of coffee and cookies and brought it over to them, along with some drinks for themselves.

"Today is such a good day." The shortest girl says happily. "I know I've been saying that for a week straight but still. I've been so happy." Ally takes a seat at the girls' table.

Lauren drank down her coffee (which even seemed extra delicious) and set the warm up back on the table. "I think so too." She says, lacing her fingers together with Camila's.

"I feel reborn." Camila chuckles. "Like this is a fresh new start. All the others hum in response. "Hey, Ally. You never got the chance to tell us about your trip with Dinah." The demon says. "I've been meaning to ask you." She was a little too preoccupied with Lauren's lips to ask.

Ally sighs and rests her chin in her hand. "It was so romantic." She gushes. "We got so much time to ourselves. And since we got the news about Derik leaving a day into the trip, the rest of the time we were there felt even better. I could tell Dinah was dreading going back until she got the email." She explains.

"Well tell us about the cruise." Lauren scoots closer, getting comfortable.

"So," Ally began, looking around between her friends. "Our room was big and cozy. The ship had dozens of fun activities to do; like mini golf. Dinah knows I love mini golf. It's like regular sized golf for me." She laughs out, making everyone else laugh along with her.

The oldest girl then went on to give the other friends extra juicy details about their romantic getaway. It sounded like Dinah really went all out. She must have been saving up for a really long time. Ally told them all about the shows they watched together, the cute little picture setups the ship provided, and told them all about what it was like when they docked.

"Aw, Ally I'm so happy for you. You really deserve such a nice trip like that." Normani says, placing her hand on top of her coworkers.

"Thanks, Mani." Ally smiles. She then turns back to the other two girls. "We should all get together and do something fun! To celebrate a certain someone's moving." She suggests.

The demons agree right away. "That sounds great, Ally." Camila smiles. "What were you thinking we could do?"

Ally hums. "Well we could just do a bunch of different things! I can drive us all around to different places and we can just have a big best friend's day." She smiles. "We can go ice skating, we can go to the beach, we can go shopping, we can go to the movies, we can go bowling. Doesn't that sound fun?" Everyone nods in agreement. "Then it's settled. Cheers for Best Friend's Day!" She lifts her cup of water into the air. The girls hit their cups of different liquid together in the middle of the table.

---

The following Saturday, Camila and Lauren walked into the alley behind the coffee shop bright and early to meet the girls so they could go out. Ally told them to meet here between ten thirty and eleven, which meant they would have to wake up at nine if they wanted to bathe and still have time to walk all the way through the forest.

Lauren was a lot more tired than usual because of how little sleep she got – she wasn't used to waking up so early – so she dragged her feet and moped around as she walked. Camila had to practically drag her as they walked because of how slow she was going.

When they FINALLY arrived in the alley, they were alone. None of the other girls were even there yet. Lauren groaned and hit her head against Camila's shoulder. "No one's here." She complained. "We didn't have to wake up so early." Lauren wrapped her arms around the younger girls' torso. "Caaaamz I'm SO tired."

"You need to start waking up earlier." Camila smiled and held her up. "If you woke up at a normal time, you wouldn't be so tired." She told her.

Lauren groaned. "Being awake is for chumps."

Fortunately, Ally's car pulled up a couple minutes later. Dinah was in the front seat, Normani was in the back seat, and there were to empty seats for the demons next to her. Camila pulled Lauren over to the car and got in, yanking Lauren in after she sat down.

"Hey guys!" Ally greeted cheerily. "What's wrong with Lauren?" She asked, noticing her expression.

Camila pushed some hair out of Lauren's eyes and buckled her seatbelt for her. "Lauren's just a little sleepy." She explained, reaching for her hand and lacing their fingers together.

"Are y'all still up for going? You can go back home and sleep if you're not really feeling up for it. It's going to be a really long day." Ally said, wanting to make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. "We can always reschedule."

The brunette looked over at Lauren who was resting her cheek on Camila's shoulder and snoring softly. "I think she'll be okay." Camila smiled. "If she naps until we get there, she'll be fine." She waved her hand, insisting it was no big deal.

"Are you sure?" Ally asked one last time for confirmation. Camila hummed. "Alrighty." The oldest smiled. "We're off to the ice skating rink!" She said happily.

Everyone cheered quietly so they wouldn't wake Lauren, and they began their drive. "What are all of the places we're going today?" Normani questioned.

Dinah pulled out her phone where she had a list of each place, along with alarms so they would have time for each activity. Ally thought it would be more organized that way. She cleared her throat before answering. "First, we're going ice skating for an hour. Then we're going to the movies. From three thirty to five we're bowling, five thirty to seven we're shopping, and lastly, seven thirty to nine we're at the beach." She says.

Camila's eyes widened. Her and Lauren are going to have to either take a bus home early or find a way to hide their eyes because the sun was most definitely going to go down and their demon eyes were going to show. Maybe they could pick up some sunglasses at the mall.

"That sounds so fun!" Normani clapped. "How long until we get to the rink? Any traffic?"

Ally hummed and glanced over at her GPS on the dashboard. "Half an hour." She says, pulling onto the freeway.

No one really talked the rest of the way there. Dinah and Ally occasionally talked about the GPS directions, but that was it. Normani scrolled through her phone and Camila rubbed Lauren's hair while looking out of the window. Lauren stayed asleep the entire time, resting peacefully against her girlfriend's shoulder.

When they arrived, everyone piled out of the car. All except for Camila and Lauren. Camila couldn't wake her sleepy girlfriend up, but she still wanted to ice skate and she knew Lauren wanted to ice skate, so she slipped out of the car and picked Lauren up, walking her inside.

Everyone was surprised to see Camila carrying Lauren – and Lauren SLEEPING at that – because of how little Camila was. They didn't know her demon strength gave her an advantage. She could lift Lauren one handed if she wanted to. It was a lot safer to carry her with two hands, though.

Once inside, the girls got in line so they could pick out some skates while Camila sat on a nearby bench with Lauren, trying to wake her up. "Babe." Camila poked her cheek. "We're here." She said softly. "Come on, wake up. Let's go ice skating."

Lauren groaned and buried her head in Camila's neck, trying to muffle the talking around her.

"Mila! What size should we get for you and Lauren?" Normani called.

Camila hummed and looked down at Lauren's feet, moving her own foot next to hers so compare them. "An eight and a nine!" She called back. Normani made an 'okay' with her hand and turned back to the worker behind the counter. "Laureeeeen. We're going to go skating without you if you don't wake up." She spoke to her girlfriend.

"I don't wanna wake up." Lauren said grouchily.

"Come on now." Camila smiled. "We're already at the ice skating rink. Mani is getting out skates for us. Get up." She says. Lauren mumbled something angrily and turned sideways in Camila's lap to get a better hold on her torso. "Baby, I wanna go ice skating. I'm going to go put you in the car if you don't get up." She threatens.

"No." Lauren frowns into her neck.

Camila sighs and looks around the room. "I'll buy you a pizza." She offers, finding a sign that was pointing to a food stand in the back. Lauren hums. Was pizza worth getting up? "I'll buy you nachos." The younger girl tries again.

"Fine." Lauren sighed and lifted her head. "I would like my nachos now please." She batted her eyelashes.

Camila chuckled. "After we go skating. We don't need you throwing up on the ice now, do we?" She raises her eyebrow. Lauren hums. That was true. "I will go buy you some gloves, though. You're going to freeze in there."

"Okay." Lauren yawns, fixing her hair a little so it wasn't so messy. She got off of her girlfriends' lap so she could get up and took a seat in her place.

Ally, Dinah and Normani walked up a moment later, carrying the demons' ice skates. Ally and Dinah stumbled slightly as they walked, not used to wearing ice skates. Normani, on the other hand, came here regularly and could walk without accidentally snapping her ankle every other step.

"Oh good, you're up." Dinah smiles. Lauren chuckles and nods. "Here are your skates. Mila's too." She sets them on the table beside the older girl.

"Thanks." Lauren says, slipping off her shoes and kicking them off to the side. She set the ice skates on the ground next to her and slipped into them, careful not to touch the blade at all. When Camila came back, she did the same. "Camz can you tie my laces?" Lauren asked, kicking her feet.

Camila hummed and got on her knees next to Lauren, picking up both ends. "Forgot how to tie your shoes again?" She teases.

"No." Lauren scoffs. "Ice skate laces are complicated and I don't want them to fall off of my feet while I'm skating so I rather have someone who knows how to tie them properly do it for me. You're an ice skating expert, after all." She explains, crossing her arms.

"What makes you think I'm an ice skating expert? Have you seen me walk?" Camila asks, moving on to Lauren's other foot.

Lauren blinks. "Well... You laced your own ice skates." She says.

Camila chuckles. "And?" Lauren blinks at her again. "I'm just kidding, babe. I went ice skating as a kid millions of times." She smiles, looping the laces around the little protruding pieces on the skates. "I wouldn't say I'm an EXPERT, but I could teach someone else how to skate."

"I knew you told me some ice skating stories before." Lauren snaps her fingers. "You were trying to make me think I was going crazy weren't you?" She accuses.

Camila chuckles and stands back up. "Maybe a little." She kisses her temple. "You should be all good." She says, pulling her up to her feet. "Ready everyone?" She asked the girls.

Everyone exchanged various forms of 'yes' and carefully walked over to where the ice was. They put their phones in a locker just a few feet away from the ice. Once they were all situated and ready, they got over to the ice.

Normani took off, skating quickly around the loop. Dinah and Ally took a few moments to get into a groove, picking up the pace once they got more comfortable. Camila and Lauren on the other hand, stayed close to the entrance. The younger girl smiled and assisted her girlfriend as she tried moving.

Lauren gripped Camila's hand as well as the thin strip of wall that stuck out so she could walk without falling. "Seriously?! How is that six year old going faster than me?" She exclaims as a young kid rushes by them.

"You need to relax, babe." Camila grins. "Your legs are all stiff, you can barely move."

Lauren groans. "If I relax I'll fall." She insists. Camila chuckles and pulls Lauren away from the side, forcing her out a good foot from the wall. Lauren lets out a shriek and grips onto her arm tighter. "Are you trying to make me fall on my face?!" She asks.

"We we're going to spend the entire hour against the wall." Camila chuckles. "I'll just guide you until you get the hang of it." She tells her. "Do as I do." She looks down at her legs. "Kick off with one leg, stop yourself." Lauren attempts to do what her girlfriend said and ended up losing her balance. Camila held her up. "Careful, there. Don't do it so violently. A soft kick."

The older girl tries again, her legs wobbling slightly. "Like that?" She asks, dragging the skate on top of the ice to stop herself.

"That was great, babe. Keep doing that." Camila smiled at her progress. Now with a little more confidence, Lauren repeated the action. The younger girl grinned and skated slowly along next to her so she didn't fall.

It took a few more strokes but Lauren got the hang of it and kicked off, glided a few inches, then stopped. "I'm doing it, Camz!" She grinned, the rest of her body still tense so she didn't fall or anything. To help her move a little bit faster, Camila picked up the pace, pulling Lauren along. "What are you doing?!" Lauren screeched.

"Helping you, you're a slow poke." Camila said, taking Lauren around the curve of the rink. "I'm not going to let you fall, don't worry." She said.

Lauren's legs stiffened as she was pulled along. "You're going too fast." She let out.

"I got you." Camila assured her. She was going a normal speed but that was way too fast for Lauren. "Look at Dinah and Ally." She nodded ahead of them. The other couple had their arms linked as they slowly glided along the ice, using each other for balance. 

A young kid cut in front of them and Ally instantly stopped so she wouldn't hit him, causing Dinah to fly forward. She realized a second before hitting the ice that she was falling and spun around, landing on her butt instead of her face. Ally was pulled on top of her since their arms were laced together, and the two erupted into laugher on the frozen ground.

Normani skated by, making a circle around the girls on the floor and kicking up ice shards. "Nice one, Dinah!" She teased, skating away again.

Camila pulled Lauren along for two more loops around the rink before the older girl started to get the hang of things. She started picking up speed, enough to be able to keep up with her girlfriend at a steady pace.

After a while, all five girls happened to be in the same spot and they all linked arms, creating a wall and skating together. With bright grins on their faces, Camila, Lauren, Ally, Dinah and Normani glided around the big oval of ice.

Once their time was up, the girls moved onto their next activity of the busy day. A movie at the theater near the mall. Since they were going to be going bowling and then shopping after that, they figured that theater was the best.

The five girls bought popcorn, candy and drinks and took seats in the back row so they could goof around if they wanted. Dinah and Normani threw pieces of candy at people below them, Camila and Lauren exchanged frequent kisses (and long ones at that), and Ally just say between them all, enjoying the movie. After it ended, Ally clapped at the credits and everyone else turned up to the screen, not even realizing it was over already. They were having too much fun to pay attention.

Everyone threw out their trash and got back into Ally's car, moving it across the parking lot so it was a little closer to the bowling alley than before. Lauren stepped out of the car first, reaching out for her girlfriends hand to help her out.

Camila placed her hand in Lauren's and got out, walking up to the curb a few feet away. Normani stepped out next, fluffed her hair, and stopped next to the couple. Dinah and Ally got out after that, and walked up proudly to their friends. "I'm gunna beat all of you." The tallest spoke confidently.

Dinah may not be a pro mini golfer, but she always played a mean round of bowling. When her and Ally began dating, the two frequently went bowling. Both of them were extremely good, but Dinah was definitely the best out of the group. Well, she wasn't too sure about Camila and Lauren.

"We'll see about that." Normani argued. "You haven't been bowling in forever; you probably lost your touch." She teases, wanting to make her best friend angry.

"You don't know shit, Mani!" Dinah instantly replied. "We come here once a month." She stated matter-of-factly, turning her nose to the sky.

Normani mocks her in a funny voice. "We come here once a month." She repeats. Dinah blows air out of her nose, trying to come up with a way to redeem herself. Before she can, her girlfriend cuts in.

"Alright, ladies. We have a tight schedule." The oldest speaks. "I only set aside half an hour total for bickering and we've used up enough in line for snacks at the movies." Ally reminds them. "We still have to go shopping and to the beach."

Camila makes a face. "We don't have bathing suits." She shares.

"We can buy some at the mall, silly." Lauren nudges her with a smile. Camila lets out a soft 'oh' as if she hadn't considered the idea until now.

"Ready then?" Ally looks around. Everyone nods. "Let's go!" She clasped her hands together and walked up to the double doors ahead of them, pushing them both open and having the girls follow behind her. She breathed in the familiar smell with a smile and walked across the black rug with neon accents.

Camila and Lauren looked around the new establishment, finding an arcade, a few claw machines on the opposite side of the wall, a coffee shop that was connected to the bowling alley, and a bar along the short wall separating the upper area from the lanes.

After getting their shoes, the girls changed into them and walked down the few stairs down to the lanes. As Ally got their names on the screen hanging about their spot, everyone picked out a bowling ball from the rack behind them.

Once they set the balls down in the proper place, the girls took a seat in the chairs behind the computer Ally was working on. A few more taps later, their names were in alphabetical order on the screen above them.

They all took turns sending the bowling ball flying down the lane, knocking down pins and racking up points on the screens. So far, Dinah was in the lead (like she said she would be) and Lauren was in a close second. Ally was right behind her, Normani was fourth, and Camila was in last place. She kept sending the ball into the gutter.

When it was her turn again, Camila walked up to the line with her ball in hand and took a deep breath. Lauren quickly ran up beside her. "Let me help you, Camz." She said. The older girl stood behind her and placed her hand on top of Camila's which were in the holes of the ball. "I think your aim is off and that's what's making you miss." She told her.

"How do I fix it?" She asked.

Lauren rested her head on her girlfriends' shoulder, and her other hand on her waist. "When you swing, where are you looking? The pins?" She asked. Camila hummed in confirmation. "Look at the dots on the lane. The big one in the middle is where I aim. It goes right down the middle."

"Okay." Camila said, looking much closer to her and swinging her arm back. Lauren's hand followed through with her, pushing the ball a little bit with her fingers as Camila let go to send it flying a little farther.

The ball rolled down the middle of the lane and didn't move off course one bit. The couple watched the pink ball get closer and closer to the pins, leaning together in anticipation. As the ball came in contact with the closest pin, the rest behind it fell.

The other three girls cheered. "You got a strike, babe!" Lauren exclaimed.

Camila turned around and jumped into the green eyed girls' arms. "Thank you, Lauren!" She squeezed her tightly. "Thank you so much." She spoke, pressing her cheek against the side of Lauren's head. Lauren held onto her girlfriends' thighs and grinned at her. Camila grabbed onto her cheeks and kissed her repeatedly.

"It's no big deal, Camz." Lauren smiled.

The younger girl got back down on the ground. "Of course it's a big deal!" Camila said. "That was my first strike!" She spoke excitedly, pulling the older girl back over to the screens to see what her score was now.

The strike put her only a couple points behind Normani. She grinned up at the screen and placed her hands on her hips. "Good job, baby girl." Lauren congratulated her, placing a kiss on her cheek. "I'm proud of you."

Camila thanked all of her friends after they gave her their own congrats, smiling and taking a seat.

When the game ended, the girls were surprised at the score. Lauren ended up behind in first, Dinah was a few points behind her, Ally was one point behind HER, Camila was fourth, and Normani was last. Lauren seemed to be good at sports like this. All the girls had different strengths in the activities they were up to today.

Normani was the best at ice skating, Ally was best at watching movies, Lauren was best at bowling, Dinah was for sure going to be best at shopping, and Camila would be best at the beach... Somehow. All the girls brought something to the table of their close group.

After returning their shoes and getting back in the car, the girls drove around to the backside of the bowling alley where the mall parking lot sat. They parked as close as they could and all got out of the car, walking up to the doors.

Dinah walked up to Camila and discretely pulled her away from her girlfriend. Ally filled in the gap with her own body so it wouldn't look like they were sending Lauren off on her own, and the tallest got Camila by herself.

"Um... can I help you?" Camila questioned.

"I need to take you to a store." Dinah spoke in a whisper.

Camila looked back at her girlfriend. "Why are you making this like a secret?" She asked. "You're kind of scaring me."

Dinah stepped back a little bit. "Sorry. I just want you to be able to surprise Lauren." She explained, linking their arms together and taking her over to the stairs so they can walk down to where the particular store was.

Camila craned her neck to try and see where the rest of the group was headed. "Surprise her how?" She asked, running her hand down the rail so she wouldn't fall.

"I've seen Lauren checking you out in all of those new skirts recently, she so wants you." Dinah says, turning the corner and walking down even more stairs.

"Well she already has me, she's my girlfriend." Camila replies, furrowing her eyebrows.

Dinah lets out a laugh. "Not like that. She WANTS YOU wants you." The pizza girl stresses. Camila's face displayed even more confusion. "She's sexually frustrated can't you tell? Checking you out, keeping you close to her, making out with you in the theater." She lists.

"We're just very close." Camila insists. "We like to be by each other's sides. And kissing is... nice. We do it often." She explains. "And she likes my legs."

"She's sexually frustrated." Dinah repeats. "She bought you those skirts because she wants to get in your pants, skirts make it easy."

"Skirts and pants are two different things." Camila says back, trying to analyze her most recent moments with the older girl to see if she really WAS sexually frustrated. They've only had one conversation about the subject and it was way back when Dinah had to explain how... everything worked.

Dinah talked to her more than Lauren did. She seemed to want them to take that step. They HAVE been dating a while and Dinah said her and Ally didn't take this long. And Ally made her wait too. Camila chewed on her bottom lip. Was it time? Was there even a certain time to do this?

"Has Lauren said anything to you or Ally?" Camila asked. Usually Lauren was quiet about this kind of thing but if Dinah was certain she was sexually frustrated...

Dinah hummed. "She was asking questions. I want to buy you something that I know she'll like." She explained, turning into the store she was looking for. "I told her to start initiating things and she said she had but you weren't picking up on them. Or you were just ignoring her."

"Oh..." She let out. She was talking about the thrift store interaction. Camila looked around at the store they were now in the middle of. "You want to buy e underwear?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "What's wrong with the underwear I have already?"

"This is... nice underwear." Dinah explains, moving throughout the store.

"My underwear is nice." Camila says, pulling at the hip of her skirt and revealing the pink and purple striped design to herself.

Dinah chuckled. "This is lace, Mila. It'll make you look hot." Camila hummed. The taller girl stopped in front of a display and started flipping through the articles of clothing. "What size underwear do you wear?" She asked. "Your bra too."

"Um..." Camila twisted her back and pulled the material up. "S." She answered.

Dinah chuckled and handed her a pair of underwear. "How do I even put these on?" Camila asked, flipping them around in her hand.

Dinah didn't answer. She was too busy concentrating on looking through the bra sizes. "Lemmie see your bra." She said. Camila furrowed her eyebrows and lifted up the strap that was on her shoulder. "The tag, Mila." Dinah grinned.

"I don't know where that is." Camila admitted. "And it doesn't fit right anyway." She said. Dinah walks around behind her and lifts up the back of her shirt, turned the bra up at the clasp and read the tag.

"This is way too small." Dinah told her. "How can you even breathe?" She asked. Camila shrugged. "Do you take it off at night?" Camila shook her head. "Oh my god, Mila. Seriously how do you breathe?"

"I don't know." Camila shrugs again.

Dinah looks around. "I'm getting you a push up bra. It'll make your boobs look nice." She explains. After looking around for a little longer, Camila was handed a new 'nice' bra and a couple more regular ones. "There. You have to wear this one tonight."

"Tonight?! I-I don't know if I'm ready." Camila grew nervous. "I don't know what to do."

"I told you everything I know." Dinah reminded her. Camila played with her fingers, trying to come up with another excuse. "Hey, if you really don't think you're ready you don't have to do this." She told her seriously. "I'm not going to push you to do something you're not ready for. I was just trying to help because it's obvious Lauren is onboard now and you seemed eager to do this."

Camila sighed. "What if I mess up? What if she doesn't like the underwear? What if I hurt her? What if she doesn't..." She bugs her eyes out instead of saying the actual phrase.

"She'll tell you, Mila. I talked to her, you know. She knows what to do too." Dinah tells her, walking out of the store with the bag. "Just take this and use it when you're ready. Lauren already is. But I'm not saying that to push you! I'm just saying." She says quickly.

When the girls caught up with the rest of the group, Dinah held the bag so Lauren wouldn't question why Camila had something. The demon walked up to her girlfriend and wrapped her arms around her neck. "Hi, Camz." She greeted.

"Hi." Camila let out, her voice cracking.

"I missed you." Lauren smiled and hugged her. "Where did you go?"

Dinah shook her head furiously and zipped her lips, walking up to the couple. "I made her come with me into a store really quickly." She spoke for Camila. "Sorry for splitting you up."

"It's okay." Lauren smiled, finally pulling away from the smaller girl. "Are you alright?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows at her expression.

Camila swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, I'm just hungry." She lied. "Can we stop at the food court?" She asked the girls. Everyone agreed. Lauren grinned and took her hand, walking next to her until they were in the middle of all of the different food places.

After eating, the girls shopped around for a little while longer before stuffing all of their bags into Ally's trunk and getting back in the car for another long drive. Lauren laid her head on Camila's shoulder as they drove, playing with her fingers and material of her skirt.

Camila's heart thumped as she toyed with the thin skirt material. Her fingers ran over the design, tracing the patter up her thigh and back down again. Lauren didn't realize she was making her so nervous as she did so. She wasn't trying to at all. She was just bored.

Once they got to the beach, the girls parked and got out, breathing in the salty see breeze. The wind blew their hair around and sand danced across their toes.

The girls took turns covering the windows of the car with towels so they could change into their bathing suits, something they forgot to do before leaving. None of them wanted to go into the beach bathrooms to change because of the various sketchy people hanging around over there, so the car was the next best place.

Camila stepped out of the car after changing and Lauren instantly looked down her body. The older demon looked back up and smiled softly, brushing by her so she could change herself. Camila looked across the top of the car to see if Dinah saw that. Dinah was wiggling her eyebrows.

After everyone was changed, they walked down the beach and found an empty fire pit, set down their chairs and things, and ran down to the water. They only had an hour to be in the sun and wanted to spend it wisely.

The group walked around in the water, jumped waves, pushed each other, and had the best time together. In the remaining half hour that the sun would be up, Camila ran up to the sand and started building a big castle. It was a bit complicated because she didn't have any buckets, but she managed.

As time when on, the sun dropped lower and lower making the water sparkle. Lauren ran up to their bags and grabbed some sunglasses she bought at the mall, putting some on her face and then running back over to her girlfriend and slipping some on her as well.

"Thanks?" Camila says, fixing them so they're behind her ears properly.

"The sun is about to go down." Lauren explains. "Our eyes." She reminds her.

Camila gasps. "Right! Thanks." Lauren smiled and kissed her cheek in response. "Wanna help me?" She asked. Lauren nodded, looking into her eyes. "I'm going for a grand look, ya know? Big towers, moat, drawbridge."

"Sounds pretty grand to me." Lauren comments, finally looking away to start shaping the sides with her hand. She patted down the parts that were cracking while Camila moved around the base, digging out the moat. The couple worked in silence and only occasionally broke away from their work to see how the other's progress was.

Lauren pushed her sunglasses up higher and looked over at the sun again. It was going to set any minute. She hoped her friends wouldn't take off her glasses for any reason. Since the beach was their last stop of the day, they might be able to make it home without any trouble.

Once the sun DID go down, the girls grew jumpy. They finished the big sandcastle after a while and it didn't look quite like Camila wanted it to, but it turned out great anyway. "Great job!" Ally grinned as she passed, patting Camila on the back.

"Thanks!" Camila croaked out, fixing her sunglasses so they were almost pressing against her eyelashes. She did NOT want her friends to know what they really were. Camila and Lauren slowly walked back over to the fire pit and grabbed their sweaters. Lauren got to them first, set Camila's over her shoulders, then slipped her own on.

All five friends sat around the fire and talked, snacking on some chips and drinking soda from the vending machine by the parking lot. The fire crackled in front of them, keeping them warm and toasty. "Why don't you guys take off your sunglasses?" Normani asks. "Can you even see with them on?"

Camila and Lauren look at each other. "I can see just fine." Camila answers.

"We're just afraid to take off our sunglasses because uh..." Lauren began. "We wear contacts." She lies. "We wear contacts and we're afraid the fire might melt them onto our eyes."

Everyone makes a face. "That's terrifying." Ally replies first. Lauren chuckles uneasily in response. "Well for goodness sake, leave them on. I didn't write 'a trip to the emergency room' on our schedule and I don't plan on it."

The demons sighed in relief. Another crisis avoided. They wondered how long they were going to be able to keep it up, though.

A/N: I'm soooooo sorry this took thirty years to finish. I'll try not to keep y'all waiting that long again! Thanks for reading. I hope you have a lovely day!

-Nina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.3K 11
Camila Cabello is the new kid at school and Lauren Jauregui, being the most popular girl in there, hates her because she's stealing the spotlight awa...
31.5K 1.5K 25
In a world that knows about the existence of a few supernatural creatures, humans are told to kept alert and stay away. The supernatural were dangero...
968K 24.3K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...
172K 3.6K 27
Camila is starting a new school for senior year. She switched from her public school, to a small private school in the same city. She sees a girl wit...