What A Rush

By FangirlKnight

Abby Wambach gets hurt in a game and might not be able to continue playing. So Jill brings in a new recruit... More

The New Kid
Rough Trip
Club Night
Day Off
Weights and Games
Ice Baths and Headers
Injuries and Interviews
Goals and Sisters
Games and Slang
Blood and Assists
Mozart and PK's
A Visit Home
Posts and Pools
Revenge and Attacks
News and Scars
Recoveries and Flights
Hello?
Silence and Phone Calls
Banged Up and Dog Requests
Friendships and Hospital Trips
Pick Up and Harsh Conversations
Small Talk and Puppy Adoption
Thanksgiving and Old Pianos
Broken Noses and Sick Days
Birthdays and a Rising Sun
Studios and Babysitting
Permission and Jerseys
Kitchen Dancing and Spanish Bars
Pancakes and Secret Boxes
New Kids and Bad Turf
Nicknames and Pep Talks
Walks and Doctors Appointments
Sprints and Wedding Invitations
Couch Naps and Perfect Plans
Weddings and First Game Back
Olympic Finals and Baby Names
Hostile and Arguments
Pain Medication and No More Coffee
Twins and New Videos
Twins and Dizziness
Due Dates and Green Eyes
Two Years and Big Days
Letters From Old Friends

Early Christmas and New Puppies

6.1K 119 18
By FangirlKnight

-Emily-

It was almost Christmas! I was so excited because Kelley and I where going back to the O'Hara house for Christmas. Now my main question was, what do I get the love of my life for Christmas.

I had thought about it for weeks, and finally got the perfect idea. I had gotten her a red onesie, and I also got Alex and Tobin ones. I then got her a necklace. It was a silver chain with a sapphire and emerald intertwined, and KO~ER engraved in the silver siding. I also got her new indoors, new boots, and a special surprise I would give to her later today.

Walking through the front door, I shuttered the snow off my shoulders. Kelley smiled at me, and walked to my side.

"Hey Kiki." I said, pecking her lips.

"Hey Rush." She replied, deepening our kiss. I smiled into her lips, and pulled back from her. Shrugging my jacket off, I hung it on the hook. Slipping my boots off, I fallowed Kelley into the kitchen. I saw flour covering the counter and dough in a bowl.

"Kel?" I questioned.

"I tried making cookies." She said, as I laughed. Walking over to the counter, I picked up the dough bowl. Flipping it over, the dough stayed put.

"Oh Kel." I said, as she whined.

"Help me." She begged, and I smirked.

"Empty this out, and I'll get the new dough started." I said, peeling off my zip up. Waking over to the cupboard, I grabbed more flour, sugar, and baking soda. I began making the dough. Kelley then put music on on her phone. Titanium came on, and I smiled.

"Hey look." Kelley said, as I spun to look at he.

Before I knew it, flour was being shoved into my face and spread into my black t-shirt. I coughed out, as flour flew away from my lips. I glared at Kelley, and then wrapped my arms around her waist. Nuzzling my face into her neck, I pecked kisses all over her face. Flour lip prints appeared on her cheeks, as she shrieked out.

"Em, no! Agh stop, I'm sorry!" She cried out between her laughs, as I rubbed my flour covered nose onto her cheek. "Emily!" She laughed.

"Karma's a bitch babe." I said, as I kissed her neck. She laughed, as I pulled her close to me. Staring her down into her caramel eyes, I smiled. She leaned forward, capturing my lips in a kiss. Moving my lips in sync with hers, I slipped my hands down under Kelley's ass. She smiled into our kiss, as her hands intertwined in my hair. She tugged on my brown locks, as I bit her lower lip. She moaned into my lips, as I hoisted her up. Kelley wrapped her legs around my waist, as I rested her back against the fridge door.

"Em-the-cookies." She mumbled, as I latched my lips onto her neck.

"Screw the cookies." I said against her neck, her skin humming against my lips. Pulling her closer to me, I walked us out of the kitchen.

Making my way up the steps, I quickly walked us down the hall. Laying Kelley down on our bed, I continued to kiss up her neck. I ran my nails up and down her stomach, as she dug hers into my back. Grazing my teeth across her skin, Kelley moaned out. Just as I was about to slip her shirt off, our doorbell rang. I froze with my lips on her neck, and groaned out.

"No." I groaned out, as Kelley sighed. Her hot breath hit my neck, as she pecked my lips. I got up, and quickly made my way downstairs. Opening the door, Alex and Tobin greeted me with huge smiles.

"Emily!" Alex yelled, jumping into my arms. I pulled her into a hug, and smiled at Tobin over her shoulder.

"Hey guys." I said, hugging Tobin next. I heard Kelley coming down the stairs, as Alex walked inside to hug her.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kelley asked, hugging Alex.

"We wanted to come see you, see how you guys are." Tobin said.

"We're seeing you the twenty seventh. You couldn't wait a week?" I asked.

"You were in the hospital for a week, we wanted to check up on you." Alex said, hugging me again.

"I'm fine Lex, don't worry." I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Em, why are you covered in flour?" Tobin asked.

"Ask Kelley." I said, glaring at her. She smiled, and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"We were making cookies." She mumbled against my cheek.

"Cookies?" The both said at the same time. I laughed, and lead them into the kitchen. The four of us began making cookies, laughing and throwing flour at each other. My kitchen was a mess, but I didn't care. I was with my best friends and the love of my life, nothing could be better.

Nothing.

---

Alex and Tobin left a few hours later, as they were on their way to visit the Heath's. So now it was around seven, and I had my first Christmas surprise for Kelley.

"Babe!" I yelled, as I was cleaning up the kitchen. I heard her feet padding against the floor, as her head peeked through the doorway.

"Yah?" She questioned, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"I have a surprise for you." I said, running towards her. Stopping, I let my socks slide against the wood floor. "Wait in the living room." I said, as I jogged upstairs. Running down the end of the hall, I opened the guest bedroom door.

Running in, I grabbed a box beside the bedside table. I then went and opened the guest bathroom door. Picking up Kelley's surprise, I gently laid it in the box. Slowly walking downstairs, I smiled.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yup." She said, patting her hands against her knees. Walking up to her, I placed the box on the coffee table. Sitting down beside her, she quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Merry early Christmas." I said, as she slowly reached for the box. As she opened it, I saw her face light up.

"You didn't!" She yelled.

"I did." I said, nodding. A small German Shepard puppy head peeked out of the box, and crawled onto the coffee table. "You always say Nike pays more attention to me, so I figured this little guy could be all for you." I said, as she scratched his ears.

"You're amazing." She said, leaning in to give me a kiss. I smiled, and pecked her lips again.

"What do you want to name him?" I asked.

"Kai." Kelley said, and I smiled.

"I like that." I said. "I wanted to give you him now so we could take him with us to your parents." I said, and she smiled.

"You're so sweet." She said, kissing my cheek.

"So I've been told." I said, as Kai licked my cheek.

"Not fair!" Kelley yelled, and I laughed. "He likes you, that's so not fair." She said, and I smiled. Kissing her cheek, her pout faded.

"Don't worry, he's all yours." I said.

"He better be."

---

The twenty third, Christmas at the O'Hara's. I was so excited. All of Kelley's family would be coming, and then my aunt and sister were coming. A real Christmas, nothing could beat it.

Pulling up in front of the O'Hara household, I smiled. Climbing out of our rental car, I went to the back. Hearing the front door swing open, I then heard the yell of none other then Erin O'Hara.

"Emily!" She screamed, running straight at me. Erin tackled me, sending us down into the snow. I coughed out, and then laughed. Erin was hugging me, nuzzling her head into my neck. "I've missed you, you crazy kid!" She screamed.

"I've missed you too Erin, but you're currently crushing my lungs." I said, patting her back.

"Oh, right. Sorry." She said, helping me to my feet.

"No problem." I said, smiling at her. Pulling the older O'Hara into a hug, she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Em, can you get Nike?" Kelley asked.

"You brought Nike!" Erin yelled, running to the back seat. She grabbed the puppy, snuggling her face into her fur.

"We also brought Kai." Kelley said, as Erin looked up from Nike. She spotted the German Shepard, and smiled.

"He's so cute! When did you get him?" She asked.

"Emily got him for me for Christmas." Kelley explained.

"You better keep her close Kel, because if you don't I sure as hell will snatch her from you." Erin said, as I smiled. Erin walked inside with Kelley, as I grabbed the bags and gifts. We headed inside, as Kelley let Kai run around.

"Emily!" Karen yelled, running to me from the kitchen. I smiled, and hugged her.

"Hi Karen." I said, as she kissed my cheek.

"Sweetie we heard you were sick, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. Just not use to New Jersey I guess." I said, and she smiled.

"Your arm looks better." She said, and I nodded.

"I can get it off in two weeks." I said, and she smiled.

"That's good." She said, returning my smile.

"Hi mom." Kelley said, as Karen went to hug her daughter. I set our bags down, and looked around the house.

"Is my sister's not here?" I asked, as Karen sighed.

"There flight got cancelled. But Gwen says they'll be here tomorrow." She said, and I nodded. Kelley walked over to me, taking my hand. She walked me down a hallway, squeezing my hand tight.

"You okay." She asked, and I nodded.

"I'm fine, they'll be here tomorrow." I said, smiling.

"Okay. I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said, pecking her lips. The two of us then walked out into the kitchen, where I was flaunted with people.

"You must be Emily!" A taller women yelled.

"I am." I said, as she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm Kelley's aunt Molly." She said, and I smiled. I was introduced to the rest of Kelley's family, as we then sat around the dinning room table.

I had figured out the Kelley's aunt was a little crazy. She was Karen's younger sister, and liked to party. As we all sat down, she passed out drinks. She came past me with a cup, as I just shook my head.

"I don't drink." I said, and she nodded.

"Huh, if you say so." She said, and moved on. Kelley smiled at me, taking my hand. "So Emily, tell me about yourself."

"I'm twenty four, and I was born in Grover Beach California." I said, as she waited for me to continue. "I play soccer with Kelley, but before I played in the states I played in Paris."

"I saw you get nailed in the face durning the World Cup." She said. "You okay?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Perfectly fine, just left with a few scars." I told her, and she nodded. "I was in Paris when the attack happened, and then I came back here."

"Tell me about your parents." She said, as I tensed. Kelley squeezed my hand tighter.

"Um, my parents died in a car crash when I was fifteen." I said, and her face saddened.

"I'm sorry." She said, and I nodded.

"My-my mothers name was Kinsley Rush, and my father's name was Preston." I said. "After they died, I got sole custody of my little sister, Kathleen, who you'll meet tomorrow. My moms sister, Gwen, took care of me." I explained.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed the topic." Molly said.

"It's okay. Really." I said. Everything got quiet for a moment, before Kai came storming into the kitchen. The small puppy jumped into my lap, and licked my face.

"Not cool." Kelley said, as I rubbed Kai's ears.

"I'm the one covered in dog slobber." I said, moving my face towards hers.

"No, we've already done this." Kelley said, as I brushed my nose against her cheek. "Emily!" She yelled, as everyone else laughed. Kai jumped off of my lap, as I wrapped my arms around Kelley's waist. Rubbing my face into her neck, I brushing the slobber onto her cheek. "Stop, stop." She said between her laughs.

"I love those two." Erin said, petting Nike. I kissed Kelley's cheek, and then the corner of her mouth. Placing my finger under her chin, I turned her head towards mine. Placing my lips on her, I gave her a soft kiss.

"Okay, let's play some cards." Dan said, as I pecked Kelley's cheek. I smiled, as Kai jumped back into my lap. All the O'Hara's and I sat down, as Molly dealt out cards. I smiled, as everyone began laughing and sharing stories.

This was the proper way to do a Christmas, this was how I wanted to spend every Christmas, and I planned on doing just that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 371 37
Alex decides last minute that she wants to go and attend UNC instead of UCAL like her mother and sisters. When Alex leaves she leaves on a sour note...
Goals By pretzee

Fanfiction

66.1K 1K 16
Tobin Heath saved Alex Morgan's life once. That was two years ago, and the two have been inseparable ever since. When a rumor strikes Diamond Bar Hig...
99.4K 2.1K 50
16 year old Tobin and her father move to Diamond Bar to get over a tragic case concerning her mother's death.. But her dad leaves her soon after and...
173K 2.7K 41
Christen Press has had a rough couple of years and it has definitely taken a toll on her. When she arrives at her 5th school in two years, she is det...