Military Mate

By HaleyReneeDavis

Gem Davis has always known she was different. She's always been stronger and more in tune with her sense... More

Chapter 1 : My Return Home...
Chapter 2 : Stranger Danger
Chapter 3 : Mate
Chapter 4 : Kidnapping
Chapter 5 : The Shift
Chapter 6: Im a what??!?!
Chapter 7 : The Confrontation
Chapter 8 : Prisoner
Chapter 9 : Wolf Blood?
Chapter 10 : All Good Things Must Come to an End
Chapter 11 : Retalliation
Chapter 12 : Her Wolf
Chapter 13 : Meeting the Mom
Chapter 14 : Jacob Black.... Where You At?
Chapter 15 : Desire
Cover
Chapter 16 : Heat Denial
Rant
New story
Chapter 17 : Meeting the Dad
Chapter 18 : The Painful Past- Part one
Chapter 19 : The Painful Past - Part Two
Chapter 20 : I Still Despise You
Chapter 21 : It Rhymes With Bitch
Chapter 23 : Then What Am I?
Chapter 24 : Deception and Realization
Cool news!
Chapter 25 : Great Timing Guys
Chapter 26 : Hey, You're an Asshole!
Chapter 27 : Of the Best Intentions
Chapter 28: Lucky Be A Lady
Chapter 29: Its Hot in Here, But im Keeping my Clothes On.
Chapter 30: So, You're Telling Me...
Update

Chapter 22 : What are the Chances?

6.9K 322 25
By HaleyReneeDavis

Dalton

There was a sinking feeling in my stomach the moment my mother called me into the kitchen to talk. She had that look in her eyes. Yeah, I'm talking about that look. That look your mom gives you when you're in deep, deep, deep shit.

         But now, seeing an old and experienced looking witch in my pack house is making that sinking feeling is becoming much worse. It's pretty much basic knowledge that witches have a large number of unusual abilities, however one of their specialties is something that has every wolf blood frightened.

          The ability to take away a mating mark. One of the most sacred things in wolf blood society. For century's witches have been able to deconstruct the two simple puncture marks that declare our life partners and wipe away every other component of them. Including the mixed scent and infusion of blood.

          Back in the earlier centuries, witches were more needed. Cases of forced markings and unwanted mating were much higher then, being as women didn't have nearly the same rights as men. But in this day and age, the removal of mating marks is a procedure that is rarely ever used. If ever.

          There are no words to describe how ashamed I am to be a part of that small almost non existent percentage. Fuck, I know my mom is against this whole situation, but she knows what this means. The mating bond isn't a life changing element to some. It's only a push in the right direction. There is no higher power assigning us together, only raw instinct.

           Without my mark on her shoulder, Gem as I know her will have no real attachment to feel anything but hatred for me. So far, nothing has gone as it does in the elders tales. Gem seems to be almost completely immune to the mating bond, and that along with her spitfire personality is a deadly combo.

             As wimpy as it makes me sound, I have to admit it. I'm scared. I'm scared that after this happens, I'll loose her forever. And I know it hasn't been long- hell, we haven't even had a real civilized conversation before! But I just can't help it, it's not just raw instinct. At least not for me.

             There's this intense need inside of me that I don't understand. The need to see her smile, the need to have her close. In my years I have seen many different woman. It's just that something is pulling me, reeling me in tight. It's like this tie that starts deep inside of the both of us and slowly draws us together.

              Just imagining how our lives could be makes my heart beat beat pulse in my ears. Unraveling all her fears, all her strengths and encasing them in my own. Waking up to her every morning, seeing those beautiful lips make a half awake grin just for me. Good god, I would die a happy man just to hear my name from those red lips of hers one time.

              Looking over to see Gems reaction, my heart clenched in its bony cage. Her breathtaking eyes widened completely, those lips forming a perfect 'o' shape. Before I knew it, she was already investigating.

     " Is that so? And just how exactly do you plan on accomplishing this difficult task?"

          The witch has a gentle grandmother like smile on her face as she pats the couch cushion next to her in a silent invitation to join for a conversation. The crease of skin between Gem's eyebrows smoothes out. She unfolds her long arms and moves them from underneath that mouth watering chest of hers and places them at her side.

           No hesitation in her steps, she makes her way to the couch and takes a seat. Her posture rigid but tall. The brave way she takes on new situations makes a tingling feeling erupt in my chest. I like that about her especially. Deep down inside- maybe not even that far down- I admit to myself that I enjoy her defiance. She makes the primal instinct in me that takes pleasure in the chase surface. We are wolf bloods after all, we need someone that'll always keep us on our toes.

            I've always loved a challenge, having things handed to you is too easy. So maybe, this match is made in heaven.

My father still sits quietly across from them, leaning his head into the palm of his hand. My whole body seems to be stuck in this paralyzed state. I can't find it in me to move, my mind still in the middle of processing what's happening. They're doing this to me? They're really doing this to me? My own parents!

Gem and the witch begin to talk, but it's all just static to me. Everything in my mind goes blank, my field of vision becoming more blurry by the second. Anger and betrayal makes my blood run hot. The muscles and ligaments in my entire body clenching with the bitterness of my emotions. Before I even realize it, my once short dull fingernails have extended out into a piercing length.

The warning signs have risen up, but I'm much to far gone to stop. The wolf inside of me is howling, scratching, bellowing inside of me. Telling me only one thing. There's no way in heaven or hell that either me or him are going to let Gem go. I refuse to believe that our meeting and everything afterwords were all pointless. Yes, I made mistakes. But fucking hell, I pay for it enough! Just seeing the barely contained anger brewing in her eyes, the distress and suffering.

All because of me. I just want this one chance, only one! I just want to be with her, to kiss her, to hold her, to talk with her! I want her to tell me stories about her army days, about all the times I wasn't there. I want to converse with her! God, I bet the most amazing ideas come from that brilliant mind of hers. Is that too damn much to ask?

In a flash, my father has me restrained. Bellows of a feral beast escaping my lips as his brute strength forces me down the hall and into our pack cellar. My rage is animal. Untamed and feral in nature. I thrash and claw the whole way, leaving deep cuts and slashes on my fathers back. The musty scent of blood fills my nostrils.

My father backs away as quickly as possible, shutting the giant metal door behind him in record speed. Our eyes clashing paths in the last moment before the mammoth of a door swings shut. It's a final effort. The entirety of my body slumps down into the floor, defeated. My dark gaze begs him not to, it pleads with him not to take her away. His eyes soften for me, watering with the deep wave of emotion coming from both me and my wolf. His wiser orbs fill with a deep pity and understanding, understanding only a wolf blood such as my father could feel.

For a split second, my hope returns. I latch on to the sliver of pain in his eyes, mistaking it for the weakening feeling of remorse. But my small ray of Hope is lost when the loud booming sound of the prison like door echoes through the cellar.

Screaming and howling, my body twisting and shaking with emotion, I'm sure everyone in the country can hear me. Everything goes stiff for a second. For just a second, I can hear the water running through the pack houses runny pipes, the repetitive pitter patter of the water hitting the concrete makes my skin crawl.

And then, it happens. There are no words to describe it. If anything, it's just like my first shift. But worse, much much worse. My whole body breaks out in cold sweat, and soon every inch of skin is covered in the salty fluid. It's like my muscles are being ripped apart and then sewed back together without anesthetic.

Everything is a blur. I can't see my right from left, it's so bad. Then it dawns on me. The ceremony has begun.

Every fight is more motivated, every thought must be heard, this really is it. There's nothing after this. Spasm after spasm wracks trough my body as if on cue. After a half a minute I feel it. A burning, gut wrenching pain washing over my shoulder, like a tidal wave. It feels like some one mixed toxic chemicals and decided to spill then on the joint between my neck and my shoulder

A disturbing hissing cackling sound fills the air. My skin boiling with painful heat. It can only be seconds- minutes at most- but it feels like hours. Then, all of a sudden it comes to an abrupt halt. Like it had never been there before, it vanishes. Leaving only the memories of the pain to remember it by.

What the hell is going on? Why did it stop? No, no, no, it can't be over! I won't give her up. Frantically, I search my mind for Gem. Praying to every god imaginable to let it not be true. I just had her, she was just there! Feeling hopeless and rejected, I close my eyes and curl into the floor. Then, a connection. My wolf makes contact with hers, the two of them still communicating. As I dig through myself, I am finally able to pick up a spark. A small flame of Gem's consciousness inside of my own.

I just let go. Boisterous laughter escaping my chapped lips like swan songs. My deep rumbling laughter echoes so greatly I can't even tell I'm crying with relief until I taste the salty proof when it hits my lip. I can't believe it, the bond isn't broken! I can't stop myself from howling a wolfs call of joy. She's still mine! The ritual didn't work!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 54.7K 55
This was one of the first stories I wrote, read at your own risk :') "Oh don't act so innocent. I know you did this" I snap at him. "Yea so? You got...
18.7K 881 23
Just your basic 'He's the bad boy and she's the girl next door', type of story. Okay, Maybe not. It's more like 'He's a crazy, violent, anger prone...
71 13 6
"Take your hand off me mutt this is the last time I am warning you," I spoke with a fake smile still on my face. It seemed that he had finally gotten...
463K 11K 28
From nerdy to bad-ass. Ariella Stone is heading back to her pack after three years. She lost weight and recieved medication for her pimples. She has...