Playing for Keeps (a PIL fanf...

By jinxedby_105

Always on the run, and frequently alone, Arabella doesn't really have a place to call home. With her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: I needs some Pirates!!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Ending note

Chapter 17

244 10 18
By jinxedby_105

I look from the ring, to him, feeling my face heat up, as I gape at him. I seriously didn't expect him to propose, but my heart feels like it could explode from happiness. I finally find my voice again, grinning at him like a fool. "Yes of course I will!!!!" I exclaim happily, and i can't stop smiling at him. He smiles back at me, still blushing, with a look of relief on his face. "And Nate? You said you think you didn't have much to offer me? Well, I love you, and I love our life as it is. I wouldn't change it for anything. I would be thrilled to do anything, as long as it's with you, but I like being a pirate with you just fine. Hell, I hope we're always pirates, apart of the crew we have now." I add, smiling, and he smiles back, a smile that reaches his soft brown eyes.

He leans in and kisses me softly, and I kiss him back. He pulls away too soon, and taking my left hand in his, he slips the ring on my ring finger. We smile at each other again, before getting ready for bed. He gently helps me change the bandage on my side, and we lay down, drifting off as we always do, with me tucked into his side, my head on his chest, as I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

The next morning, we get up as normal, and head into the kitchen to make breakfast. Well, I try anyway..."Woman, go back in the dinning room."Nathan says, sighing at me.

I raise an eyebrow at him."I always help with breakfast, what the hell?"

"You're still healing idiot, and I don't want you to stand for that long. Go sit down." he says, trying and failing to be stern, as he glares at me.

I give him a glare of my own, walking right up to him."Nathan I'm okay. Let me help. Fuck, I'll get restless just sitting there." I argue, meeting his gaze.

"Woman, for once can't you just listen to me dammit? Go sit down. I'll make you tomboy, but I'd rather you just did it yourself." he growls, still arguing with me. I know he cares, but I really hate just sitting around.

He comes at me, scooping me up bridal style, and I scowl at him, as he carries me out to the dinning room, much to the shock of the rest of the crew. "I don't want her in the kitchen today."he announces, looking at everyone else, as they give us confused looks. "I don't want her standing that long. Keep her in here. There will be hell to pay if she sets foot in there again today got it?"he adds, glancing around the room meeting everyone's gazes, as he gently puts me in a seat next to Russell.

Everyone nods."Dammit Nate." I say, pouting at him.

He chuckles."Tomboy, just take it easy today. I promise tomorrow, after Chris checks you, and if he gives it the okay I'll let you back in the kitchen."he says, looking at me. I roll my eyes and nod.

"Fine. I'll sit out for one day and that's it." I tell him, prompting laughs from the crew. Nathan turns around, satisfied that I won't follow him, and heads back into the kitchen.

"He's just worried about your health Arabella, don't be mad at him."Christopher says gently, and I nod.

"I know, I just get restless sitting so long."I mumble, looking at everyone. "Anyway, how much longer until we reach the Skull?"I ask, looking at Morgan.

"Well, we're close, we wanted to give you a chance to heal more though, so you can walk and fight. Depending on what Doc says, I was thinking we could head there after another day or two." Morgan says, smiling at me.

"Okay. So what is the treasure supposed to be exactly?" I ask him, curious.

He shrugs, nonchalantly."No one knows exactly, but it's said there might be possibly two treasures on the island, one being hidden there by the previous pirate king."

"Wow, who was the previous pirate king anyway?" I ask, looking at everyone.

"Now that you mention it, I don't know."Russell adds, looking at Captain.

"I know it's been Morgan for awhile though." Eduardo chimes in, also glancing at Captain for an answer.

Captain fidgets slightly, before bursting into laughter."Actually I don't know who it was either."he says, waving his hand dismissively. What the hell?

"The hell? Really Captain?"I ask, looking at him.

Before he can answer, Nathan starts bringing in the food. Nathan finally sits down next to me, and before I can ask captain again, he changes the subject abruptly. "So Arabella, Nathan, I see you have something to tell us?"Captain says, his eyes twinkling mischievously, as he looks at my hand. Oh! whoops.

"We're getting married."Nathan announces, blushing slightly, and I smile at him. It's so cute how easily embarrassed he gets sometimes.

"Wow. Congratulations Miss Arabella, Nathan."Thomas chirps happily, giving us a shy smile.

"I'm happy for you both."Christopher adds, smiling gently at us.

"Way to go Nate!."Russell adds, winking at us, and I feel my face heat up.

"Well woman, there's someone stupid enough to put up with you for the rest of your life, good for you." Eduardo says, grinning at us.

"Congrats. Can't believe Nate's the first to settle down.. didn't see that coming."Captain adds, laughing.

"True. Though the two who I think will be the last would be Captain or Eduardo."Russell snorts, looking at them.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Eduardo asks, shooting Russell a glare, while Captain laughs.

I scoff."He means, you're so mean, no woman would put up with you, and captain loves booze and multiple women too much to commit to one woman."I say, laughing, earning me a glare from Eduardo as well.

Nathan gathers the plates, and I go back to the infirmary with Christopher, so he can take a look at the bullet wound.

"It's healing good. As long as you keep it clean, it should be fine. Might scar, though."Christopher says, gently inspecting the wound.

I nod."So I should be fine by time we reach the Skull?" I ask, worriedly. I don't want to be at a disadvantage, when we go.

"Yes. You should still be a little more careful than normal though, you don't want to open the wound again." he adds, giving me a reassuring smile, and I sigh in relief.

"Good. I don't want to be a burden to you guys while we're at the skull."I say, as he puts a new bandage on my side after cleaning it.

"You won't be. Oh and once again congratulations."he adds, smiling.

I return his smile with one of my own."Thanks! I was so shocked that he proposed, but I'm happy."

He nods."You two are a good match.We will have to dock after the skull, and have a wedding."

"Honestly Chris, I'm fine with something small on the ship, with just the crew. You guys are family, I don't need a big wedding. As long as you guys are there, I'll be happy with a small and simple wedding."I admit shyly.

He chuckles."That's so like you. I'm sure Nathan would be happy with that as well."

"Well thanks again for patching me up Doc." I tell him, as I leave the room in search of Nate. I wonder what Nathan wants? I do want something small, though I'd like to do something for Nate. I'm not sure what I could do... Though there is one thing I think of, but I'd need Captain's approval, and Eduardo's help as well...hmmm..

The rest of the day goes on as normal, though the guys don't let me do much. As night time finally rolls around I'm slightly restless, thinking about what I want to do for Nathan as a sort of wedding present.

"What are you thinking about tomboy?" Nathan asks, as we get ready for bed. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so instead I ask something else.

"Umm Hey Nate? what kind of wedding do ya want?"I ask, looking into his brown eyes.He scratches the back of his neck in thought.

"Well whatever you want tomboy is fine with me."he answers, smiling as he pulls me into an embrace, kissing the top of my head.

I pull back slightly, looking at him."Honestly Nate, I'd be happy with something small on the ship."I admit, shrugging. "I'm just happy to be with you, and you and the crew are my family now. My parents are long gone, and I don't have any family left that I'm aware of." I add, meeting his gaze.

He nods."Well if that's what you want Arabella, then that's what we'll do. I don't have any family either, except for you and the crew of course. So we can do something small after we come back from the skull." he adds, meeting my gaze.

We both lay down, to sleep. This time, I'm still feeling restless, and Nathan falls asleep first. I hear his soft even breathing, and I quietly slip out of the room, and head for the deck, to get some air. As I walk out onto the deck, I see a lone figure. I walk up towards him, and as I get closer, I find it's Eduardo. I quietly go stand next to him. "Can't sleep either?" I ask him quietly, glancing at him.

He shakes his head."No, not really."he answers simply.

"Something on your mind?"I ask, curious.

"No. Nothing for you to worry about. And woman? I'm happy for you."he adds, giving me a gentle smile, a rarity for him.

I smile at the normally grumpy navigator."Thanks. I hope you find someone someday Eduardo. You're a good guy, and deserve happiness as well." I say, smiling shyly.

He snorts."That'll be the day."

"Aww come on. It'll happen someday. I'm sure there's someone out there that can put up with your grumpy sarcastic ass."I tease him, and he smirks.

"She'd have to be one hell of a woman."He murmurs, looking out towards the sea.

I nod in agreement."She would. I hope I'm there to meet her when that happens."I say laughing. "Oh Ed? I have a favor to ask, I know I still need to run it by Captain, but I want to do something special for Nathan for the wedding." I add, looking at him.

His eye narrows slightly."What is it?"

"Well, I honestly want a small wedding, on the ship, with the crew. But, I was wondering if we could stop at the port where Nathan is from, and back at Moldor. I know no one wants to go there again, but there's two people who I think Nate would want there, but won't admit to it."I explain, hoping he will agree and help me ask Captain.

"Okay, who?"he ask, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I was thinking we could get his two childhood friends for the wedding. We already know where Sara is, and I was hoping Captain will tell us where Nathan is originally from, because there was a boy he was friends with, that he thought of like a brother, who he lost contact with. His name is Nero." I add, as I look out towards the ocean.

"We can talk to Captain about it. I don't see why not. We can get a hold of some people, see if we can verify where Nero is as well."he adds, looking at me.

I nod."Well, thanks Ed, I appreciate it. Goodnight, get some sleep."I say, as I leave the deck, and creep back downstairs. I quietly get back into bed, without waking Nathan.

A/N: Hi everyone!!! Sorry this took so long, and also sorry that it's kinda a filler chapter, so to speak. It's leading up to the next chapter though, which is the skull Island chapter. That one will be better. Also, the next chapter is where the readers who have volunteered to be in the story come in. The crew meets you all at skull island. I know in the game that's like the last chapter, but I'm not ending the story at skull island, you and the crew will be going to Pirate Island, a hidden and well kept secret among pirates, for the pirate games, which Morgan will explain what that is in the next chapter or so.. its kinda a competition among pirates, with different events, and one major one that is always going on, even during the smaller events. The main event goes on for like a week, or a little more. Captain will explain more next chapter. Thank you to everyone that is reading!! Also a big thank you to the volunteers who are going to be apart of the story, in the next chapter, which I'm working on now, and should be posted by sometime tomorrow night, probably kinda late, depending on our timezone.. anyway.. yea.. Thanks!! also another tidbit .. it's still a little early, but something I'd like your input.. is the ending... eventually it will end, and I'd like your opinion on the epilogue... do like a small time gap, so that way it leaves room for a possible sequel? or do a longer one, with like families and stuff? Just a thought.... still time to think it over... If we do a bigger gap with families, I'd like the volunteers input on their characters families as well.. So yea... Sorry I'm rambling!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 75 20
This is like most other Harry fics, protective older brother(s), Starts in year 3, Y/N has a secret power blah Blah blah But I'll try to make it exc...
16.9K 769 21
[COMPLETED] When soon to be mistress of the house, tough, stubborn, and not at all lady like Rizuki Carribea runs away from the palace of the kingdom...
233K 12.2K 40
The instinct not to breathe underwater is so strong that it overcomes the agony of running out of air. No matter how desperate you are, you won't inh...
2K 68 10
Jamie and Alexis were raised by a retired pirate well known for escaping from tough situations. However, the Sirius crew hears of one of their talent...