Fight Or Flight

By OneHellofaGrell

Trafalgar Law has never been one for hights. Hell, he had never even been able to live above ground level. So... More

Fight Or Flight- 1
Fight Or Flight- 3
Fight Or Flight- 4
Fight Or Flight- 5
Fight Or Flight- 6
Fight Or Flight- 7
Fight Or Flight- 8
Fight Or Flight- 9
Fight Or Flight- 10
Fight Or Flight- 11
Fight Or Flight- 12
Fight Or Flight- 13
Fight Or Flight- 14
Fight or Flight- 14.5
Fight Or Flight- 15 -END

Fight Or Flight- 2

831 51 21
By OneHellofaGrell

Law's ears were ringing.

He took a deep breath only to be rewarded with a mouthful of salty water.

Law coughed and sputtered, trying desperately to get air back into his aching lungs.

His entire body hurt and the ringing in his ears left no room for sound or thought.

But that was good. Pain was good. Pain meant that he was still alive.

A tug on his hand snagged Law's attention and he turned his head only to be rewarded with a horrific sight.

The ocean was burning. Debris and bodies floated all around him while the airplane's main cabin sank.

The fat man floated past, his face submerged and a shard of metal logged deeply into his back.

It was surreal. Law's brain refused to believe what his eyes were seeing. If it did, Law was sure he would delve even further into his shocked state and drown.

There was another tug on his hand and Law realized that the wreckage was steadily floating away from him.

No... it was him that was floating away.

The ringing continued, but through it all he could just barely hear a deep voice shouting at him.

Law looked up to where his hand was being tugged.

Eustass Kid's blood red hair was bobbing up and down with the waves, his left hand still firmly gripping Law's in an iron grasp.

The redhead was paddling with one hand, heading to some blurry object in the distance.

Law groaned and Kid whipped his head around, gold eyes wildly searching Law's face for signs of life.

"Stay with me!" The man's voice penetrated through the cotton stuffed in Law's ears. "C'mon Law, stay awake!"

"I am awake..." Law breathed his eyelids drooping.

Law blinked and when he opened his eyes again the wreckage was a well and good distance away.

He blinked once more and found that they were even farther than the first time.

Law could feel sand brushing between his toes. When had he lost his shoes?

The ocean gave way to dry land beneath him and Law's eyes drifted up to Kid again as the man collapsed onto the sand beside him, still holding Law's hand.

The redhead was breathing heavily and Law noticed with hazy vision that the hand he held and the arm attached to it was uncovered, giving Law an eyeful of metal and wires.

Eustass Kid has a prosthetic arm.

It was the last thing he thought before drifting back into unconciousness.

~

There were some things Eustass Kid never thought would happen to him.

Loosing his arm was one. Being in a plane crash was another.

Well there goes that.

The sun was rising once again by the time Kid woke up and for a moment he just laid there in the sand, soaking up the early morning rays.

His head throbbed and he could hear his arm sparking and shaking, malfunctioning from the saltwater that penetrated deep into its wiring.

Sitting up, Kid gasped at the pain that shot through his head and had to sit still for a few minutes as the world spun.

When his vision finally stabilized, Kid looked down to his arm and had to forcibly pry his metal fingers open so as to let go of Trafalgar Law's hand.

His eyes widened.

Shit, Law!

The smaller man was breathing, thank god, though his chest heaved with shallow, rushed breaths.

The high collar of his blue and white plaid shirt was wrapped tightly around Law's throat and Kid managed to tear it open before collapsing back onto the sand and tearing away at the collar of his own dress shirt.

After a moment of thought he tore his shirt open completely, relishing in the warmth of the sun and the burning sand on his pale skin.

Raising his left arm, Kid stared at the ocean water dripping from the crevices between sheets of metal and sighed. It would work again once it dried.

Beside him, Trafalgar Law began to stir.

He squirmed for a few moments before his grey eyes shot open and he gasped, skyrocketing from the ground in a flurry of sand and water.

The cinnamon skinned man pressed a tattooed hand to his chest and continued to gasp in air until he calmed down enough to breathe normally.

"Shit..." He gasped, then jumped to his feet, faltering for a moment to clutch at his aching abdomen. "SHIT!"

Law ran forward as fast as he could before collapsing onto his knees, waves licking at the soaked fabric of his jeans.

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!" He screamed, slamming his fists down into the water.

Kid called out to him and Law turned his glare to the redhead as he began to sit up once more.

"YOU!" The tattooed man shouted, stumbling to his feet and storming towards his savior.

"This is your fault! THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!"

Kid stared at him in shock. "My fault?! How the hell is this my fault?!" He winced and pressed a hand to his head, feeling blood on his fingers.

Ignoring the pain shooting up from his ribs, Law grabbed the remnants if Kid's shirt in balled up fists and practically shook the muscular man in fury.

"You were the one who just HAD to go around saying that nothing could go wrong! You fucking jinxed it!"

Kid snarled and tore Law's hands away from his shirt, then stood to tower over the man.

"Listen to me." He growled lowly. "I know you're scared, I know you're in shock, but just calm the fuck down! I'm scared too, OKAY? SO FUCKING CALM DOWN BEFORE YOU CHOKE TO DEATH, BASTARD!"

Law was indeed hyperventilating and Kid took the opportunity to wrestle him back down to the ground where he could calm down more effectively.

"JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN!" Kid ordered, leaning face to face over Law.

Law flinched as a drop of blood ran down Kid's nose from his forehead and landed just below the dark circles beneath Law's eye.

The tattooed man hesited briefly before reaching up and pushing Kid's large body off of him with what little strength he had.

"Just get away from me." He muttered blandly.

Law stood again and brushed the sand away from his body before turning and walking inland.

"Where are you going?!" Kid called after him.

"To find out where the fuck we are, jackass!" Law called over his shoulder.

Kid watched his retreating form until Law was swallowed up by the tropical underbrush that ran rampant about a hundred yards from the shore.

Kid groaned and collapsed onto his ass back in the sand, his head throbbing.

Where did the adorable man from the plane go? What the hell even happened to the plane?

Casting his molten eyes over the ocean, Kid could see the very end of the plane still sticking out of the water, held up by a stray sandbar.

He looked back up at the sun and realized that it had been a few hours, since the crash. If no one was coming to investigate yet, then it was more than likely that he and Law were stranded on an unpopulated island. That would mean they needed food, water, fire, and shelter.

Kid groaned, but stood again and began wading back into that deadly ocean of blue.

Perhaps he could salvage something from the wreckage...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.1K 51
Emiko, an innocent-like girl Eustass Kid? He's nothing but trouble How about, Trafalgar Law? A pychopath. Luffy? A crazy idiot. What if those boys...
3.6K 425 40
There's just a few things Lexi knows for certain nowadays. God is dead or, hell, he never existed to begin with. Physical wounds heal with time. You'...
365K 10.8K 32
| SLOWLY EDITING | | THE SEQUEL HAS BEEN RELEASED: Prologue + Chapters 1-6) This book has a few grammatical errors but read if you please. It is said...
144K 5.7K 17
Honestly I'm not sure what to make of this one yet, my intention is to make it a story but I've only got one chapter thought through, it'll probably...