It's Just Business

Od Sadaf3232

BOOK 1 OF THE 'It's Just Business' SERIES Sam Anderson, CEO of Anderson's Corporation is a tough, straightfor... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Sam's point of view
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - Sam's Point of View
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Sam's Point of View
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - Sam's Point of View
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Book 2

Chapter 56

174K 6K 611
Od Sadaf3232

67. Call Green Constructions and set up a meeting with Sam.

I take a deep breath, at least something on this list makes sense. I pick up the phone and dial Green Constructions, asking if I can speak with the manager in charge. After that gets solved I look back at the list.

68. Bring Sam a latte.

I look over at him through the glass panel that connect our offices. He's holding a document in his hand. When I pay closer attention, it's the contract.

I frown. What's in the contract?

The idea of getting drunk again doesn't sound appealing and neither does sneaking in his office again.

He places the contract back in the top draw of his desk and locks it with a key. He turns his head my direction but I pretend I'm working by pressing random buttons on the laptop keyboard.

When I'm sure he's no longer looking, I head to the cafeteria to get him his latte. I sit there for a good half an hour drinking a raspberry ice tea, thinking about Sam and why his behaviour seems off.

I don't want whatever it is, the contract or anything else, to ruin our relationship.

I get Sam's latte and I take it to his office. I knock twice before Sam calls for me to come in and then I place the latte on his desk.

Hey looks up at me and smiles. "Hey babe."

I smile back even though I feel sick in the stomach. "Hey."

I sink down on the couch. "Mind if I chill here for a while?"

"Go for it, Vi."

Sam gets busy with his work and I fumble with my phone to pass the time.

He walks up to me and pulls me up by grabbing my hand. He wraps his arms around my back and pulls my body against his. "What's wrong? You seem off."

I take a deep breath. "I feel like I'm losing you."

He runs his hand through my hair. "Why do you think that?"

"Because it's true."

He pulls back to watch my face. "It's not true at all."

"Well it feels like it."

Sam squeezes my hip and then whispers in my ear, "I love you, more than anything. There's no way you're getting rid of me that easily."

I smile as I punch his shoulder and hug him back. I feel the tension leave until my eyes fall on the top draw of his desk.

I pull back and turn to my office. I can feel Sam's eyes on my back.

69. Print out document labelled Party Invitations and fill out every guests name in the list of five hundred guests.

I find the list and print it out then grab a pen and write each guest's name individually. By the time I'm done, a good two hours has passed.

I go through the list trying to get it done to distract myself. After reaching number 73, I stop.

I pull a book from my bag and begin reading. From time to time I look over at Sam, to see what he's up to.

After my short little break is over, I try to complete the last few things on the list.

77. Order Pizza for the whole office.

I dial ordering a good eighty boxes of pizza.

78. Pick up the staff gifts from the post office.

I grab my keys and drive to the post office. When I get there and show ID to pick up the gifts, they suggest I need a truck sized vehicle because they won't fit in my car.

I blink several times trying to see if I heard that right. After confirming that, I ring Sam's office and get them to send a truck over.

I patiently wait until the truck comes and the people begin stacking the truck with gifts. My mouth drops open at the amount of gifts. This is probably for the whole office.

When I get back to the office, Sam's gone. There's a note that states that I give the keys to the truck to Jules and let him handle it. So I find Jules and I hand him the keys.

An idea pops in my head. I rush over to Sam's office and look around for the key. I check under his laptop, even under his desk. Damn he must've taken the key with him.

I pull the top draw in anger and it suddenly slides open. I almost jump up in happiness until I realise it's empty. He's taken the contract.

I walk back to my office and get back to the list.

79. Cancel all meetings for the day.

That's four meetings I have to cancel. What is Sam up to?

I cancel the meetings and try calling Sam but he won't pick up. I ring him another six times but no response. He must be busy.

80. Drive to 124 Carness street, Bondi.

I frown but I get my keys and get in the car anyways.

Since I don't know where that place is, I set up my navigator and follow the instructions to get there.

I turn up the volume of the radio to get the sick feeling out of my stomach and even singalong at some points.

I stop the car to the side of the road and dial Sam again. "Pick up the phone, Sam."

It goes to his message bank. "I hope you're okay, Sam. I'm worried. I keep ringing but you won't pick up. Please call me back."

I hang up and continue driving.

The drive takes about thirty minutes but when I get there, I get confused.

124 Carness street.

It's a warehouse. What on earth am I doing at a warehouse?

I grab the list out of my pocket and read number 80 again. The address is correct.

I park the car to the side and grab my phone, and keys. I walk over to the warehouse. How the hell do I get inside.

I tap against the metal rim and all it does, is make noise. I reach down by the metal door to pull it up but it seems to be locked.

I carefully place my ear against it, trying to hear for sounds. I can't hear a thing. It must be quiet.

I walk around the warehouse to the left side and that's when I see it. The contract is tapped against the door with a note.

Now that the list is completed. Read the last page of the contract.

I quickly pull the contract off the door, making sure I don't rip it in the process. I go to the last page scanning the words until I get to the part I was at last time.

Once the last date stated on the contract comes by and Violet Jones completes all the required works of Sam Anderson, then according to this contract...

I take a deep breath. Am I sure I want to read this?

Violet Jones is required to accept the proposal and engagement that Sam offers.

Wait, what?

I read the above section over again. Three to four times. Is this why he didn't want me see the contract?

I place my hand against the metal rim of the door and slide it up.

There's red everywhere. Red balloons in the shape of hearts fill the whole entire warehouse, as well as white balloons. Red streamers going from one side of the warehouse to the other.

As I step through the door, red petals fall on me. I look up as I notice two people emptying buckets of rose petals over me.

The door shuts behind as I take another step forward. I notice glitter falling on me. I smile.

There's a big cake it the centre of the room.

I look around. No Sam.

What's going on?

A guy wearing a tuxedo with a red bow around his neck, comes and gives me a rose with a letter.

To the girl I love.

I smile.

Another guy comes over with another rose and letter.

To the girl I can't live without.

That's when another guy in a tuxedo comes over and hands me yet another rose and letter.

To the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I smile as I hold the roses up to my nose to smell.

A fourth guy comes over and hands me another rose and another letter.

My life is incomplete without you.

I wipe the tears that fall from my face.

A fifth guy comes over. I giggle at the idea.

I want to spend eternity with you.

I turn around, half expecting Sam to come by now.

Soft music begins to play. This was the song that Sam and I first danced to.

"I can't imagine anyone else as perfect for me as you are. I want you to know, that I've never been so sure about anything in my life as I have been about you. I love you more then words can say. I love you more then I could ever love anyone. My life starts with you and will end with you...and I wouldn't want it any other way."

The speaker plays his voice over the soft music. I wipe the tears that are now falling full force.

I hold the roses close to my heart.

That's when I hear footsteps. Slow and steady steps towards me.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

22K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
15.7M 463K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
753K 25.6K 37
Bianca Mendoza is a 21 year old black girl who is independent, stubborn, and out of the party life she never dated and she's not planning to. Adria...
120K 5.9K 54
Kyle Davis has dedicated his life to building a Fortune 500 company, watching others find happiness while he remains consumed by work. As he question...