Been That Way (Kelly Oubre se...

By eazy_breezy

(Sequel to Mystery Over History) ~ I wanna know how we became so distant girl The way we fell in love it was... More

Say That Shít
Cake
Watch Your Mouth
Downhill
Pretty Wings
Back To Sleep
Fumble
Losin'
Right My Wrongs
The Wrong One
Sure Thing
Let Em' Know
Chill
21 Questions
Ashley
What A Life
Matter
London Bridge
Déjà Vu
Trequel

Y.A.S

2.5K 101 56
By eazy_breezy

She giving me the side eye, saying she ain't staying over here

Each and every time I let her down like I didn't care

Guess I got used to hearing whatever I wanted to hear

Guess I got used to feeling, like you supposed to give it here

She said she thought I was different, but now she could see it clear

Said she ain't got nothing good to say so she ain't gone say nothing, but this

You ain't shít

~ Cari ~

I wiped my damp face as Karma skipped in, already dressed and sat a small plate in front of me on the bed that had plastic play food on it.

"Thank you," I smiled as she climbed up the covers and sat on the bed.

"Why you crying?" she tilted her head as Boo lifted hers, while laying on Kelly's side of the bed.

"Just watching tv," I shrugged and she glanced behind her.

"Criminal Minds isn't sad," she turned back, giving me a face that looked just like Kelly.

"I know Kar," I laughed as she crawled to me and wrapped her small arms around my neck, allowing me to hug her back.

"Woo!" I heard an amused Kaelan yell as we released.

I looked at the door to see Kaelan riding on Kelly's back with a tiara on his head and cowboy hat on hers as he crawled on his knees.

This was a bit much for 5:30 in the morning but I love my family, regardless of the dipshit I have as a husband.

"You mind helping me out?" he asked as Kaelan pulled on his hair.

I ignored him as Boo crawled into my lap on the opposite side Karma was sitting on allowing me to pet her head.

"What're we doing today?" Karma asked.

"I need you and Kaelan to remake your Christmas lists so I can make sure we got everything and I have a doctors appointment." I told her and she nodded, getting off the bed, and dragging Kaelan by her hand off of Kelly's back.

We decided not to pull the Santa Clause trick on them, because the whole idea of 'giving kids hope' was just a let down in the long run.

"Ay, let me go to appointment with you."

"No," I stood up about to get ready.

Wasn't the smartest idea, considering I only had on a sports bra and shorts yet still expected him to keep his hands off me.

"Stop," I groaned, pushing him as his hands held my waist but he only picked me up into his chest.

"Kelly get the hell off me," I squirmed as he carried me to the closet.

"I'ma knock your ass out in three-"

"Hmm," he picked out a shirt for me to wear.

"Two,"

He grabbed a pair of jeans to go with the shirt, still holding me.

"One," I punched him in the mouth.

"What the fuck!" he dropped me and I rubbed my throbbing butt, getting up.

"That's your fault," I laughed, gliding out my shorts and putting on the outfit he chose.

"I'ma get yo ass back," he muttered as I chose some shoes.

"Good luck," I giggled.

"Whatever. Look, I need you and the kids out of the house all day, so my mom's bout to come get em and take Karma to school,"

"For what?" I crossed my arms, shoving my feet in the huaraches.

"Early Christmas present sheesh," he mumbled. "Now give big daddy a hug."

"Here fuckboy," I gave him a quick squeeze, hearing a rattle in his pocket.

"Oo," I slipped the small canister of watermelon icebreakers out his pocket.

"No," he snatched it out my hand.

"You childish," I rolled my eyes.

"You just punched me in my mouth. Hell naw,"

I tossed up a middle finger before leaving.

"You're okay right regina?" Giorgio asked me as we followed the nurse.

I almost backhanded his ass until I remembered regina in Italian is 'queen'.

"I'm fine,"

I was gonna go to this appointment by myself but Giorgio wanted to come, and I guess the best way to tell the boy I was pregnant was to show him.

"Oh god, baby number six?" Dr. Ingram laughed, snapping on the gloves.

"Five," I corrected as Giorgio squished his thick brows together in confusion.

"You're pregnant amore?" he asked.

"Yeah, a little over three months."

"Let's see now," Dr. Ingram took her seat as I lifted my shirt.

I was big for three months. Even though I was barely showing, my stomach was round instead of flat, which is weird because even the twins weren't like that.

"I wanna say fourteen weeks," Dr. Ingram tilted her head, looking at the screen as the wand glid over my stomach.

"You wanna know the sex of the baby?" she asked.

"Um, it's a little early. You think it'll be accurate?"

"I'm sure." she fixed her rectangular glasses.

"I think I'll wait until I come with him." I said and she nodded.

"Very well, everything seems good. You got a big, but healthy baby as far as I can tell." she smiled, wiping my stomach down.

"Alright, thank you."

I thanked Giorgio for coming with me and he gave me a peck before heading towards his car and my phone began ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mrs. Oubre?"

"Yeah,"

"This is Karma's teacher Ms. Waters and I'm calling because during our after school program, not too long ago, Karma got into an altercation with another student because she said 'your mama' and began punching her in the face."

I laughed a little but quickly cleared my throat and apologized.

"You're right, unacceptable." I playfully rolled my eyes, getting in my car.

"This type of behavior will not be accepted and Karma is temporarily suspended and I'd like to schedule a parent teacher conference as soon as possible."

"For what? Y'all already suspending her. I'm sure if the little girl kept her mouth shut-"

"None the less, the other student's mom will be here in an hour and would like to speak with you."

"Goodbye Ms. Waters," I hung up.

I decided to get some In-and-Out and after the long line and eating, it had been almost an hour so I drove down to the little school.

I huffed before cutting the car off and walking inside and to the left, until I reached the cheesy door that had a paper waterfall on the door.

I opened the door nonchalantly, since school was out and had been for thirty minutes and saw the backs of people's heads except for Mrs. Waters.

She was a dark skin woman with thin lips and shoulder length hair that ombréd into a rust blonde color.

Kelly and I locked eyes before I took the open seat next to him and Karma came from the other side of him and crawled into my lap, making me wrap my arms around her and kiss her cheek.

"As we were saying before you interrupted Mrs. Oubre, Karma needs to learn how to keep her hands to herself. Just because you and Mr. Oubre aren't together doesn't give her the right to act out."

"Karma cover your ears," I said and she plugged them, squeezing her eyes shut before I thought of the best way to form my thoughts into a statement.

"First of all bitch," I moved my hair from our my face as Kelly cleared his throat loudly, looking at me.

"Mind your business, my child knows what and what not to do. She hit her because she felt like it, not because of Kelly and I's situation. Maybe if you got a man, you wouldn't bring up people you don't knows relationship and if my child wasn't here, sitting in my lap. I woulda knocked the shit outta you."

I tapped Karma's arm, letting her know she can release and she sat back comfortably on me.

"Okay I understand bringing you and your husband up was wrong, I'm sorry."

"Mmhm, you are sorry," I nodded.

"But Karma can't lash out every time someone says something that makes her mad."

"But she hit me first, and my mommy said if somebody hits me, beat their booty." Karma spoke up, pointing to the family beside us that I hadn't paid attention to.

I looked to my right to see Dallas, Daija and I'm guessing her husband sitting quietly.

Karma had given Dallas a black eye but besides that she looked fine.

"That's not what we try to teach our young learners," Ms. Waters told her.

"You not my mama you don't gotta teach me nothing," Karma snapped back.

"And that's why we teach Dallas respect," Daija finally said something.

"Yeah!" Dallas agreed.

"Please stay quiet, cause the last thing you want is for me to beat the breaks off you," I rolled my eyes.

"They both can't shut up if you ask me," Karma crossed her arm.

"Look I'm sorry," Kelly laughed. "It won't happen again."

"And don't call me again," I told Mrs. Waters as we got up.

"Ugly," Karma stuck her tongue out at Dallas as we began to leave.

I decided not to tell her cause what four year old would really understand me calling some girl she fought her sister.

Then she'll wonder why she's not around. I'll just tell her when she's older and will actually understand.

Karma came with me and after I made sure she was clocked in and safe, I got in the drivers seat and began following Kelly for the way home.

"How did that happen Karma?" I asked, glancing back at her in the rear view mirror.

"Well I was minding my business, doing four year old stuff." she put her hand over her heart. "Then this chump gone take my Barbie. So I said 'give it back ugly' and... and she tried to run off so I was like 'give it back or I'ma knock you out. Your hair looks worse than the doll' and... and she hit me in the face with the Barbie so I just hit her a lot." Karma explained.

I nodded, realizing Karma's speech was getting almost perfect for a child her age, even though I'm sure it's cause Kelly's and my mom always try to teach her and Kaelan how to talk.

I scooped the kids from Tonya's house and once I made it home, Karma and Kaelan were quick to get out the car and I took the twins out, placing each on either sides of my hips.

Kelly opened the door as my keys jangled in my hand and let us in, closing the door behind us and I put the twins in their play pen and Karma and Kaelan ran into the playroom.

"So what was the surprise?" I asked Kelly as he grabbed my waist and began walking backwards to the staircase.

"Go see," he jerked his head towards upstairs.

I took my time going up as he followed behind me and I took a deep breath before opening our bedroom door.

A diminutive smile crept on my lips, looking at the redone bedroom that I honestly didn't expect, but was happy none the less and it was beautiful.

(It's in the mm if you didn't know)

"Thank you," I gave him a warm embrace. "You're still not sleeping with me though."

"We all just too old for this," Jordyn shrugged.

Everyone was at our house. The usual squad in the living room, and all of our kids upstairs, including Kyron's son Saint.

"Some of y'all too young for this." Cordell chuckled, looking up at me.

"Either way. All of our relationships going through it-"

"Speak for yourselves." 'Dell cut her off.

"Right, we are not a dysfunctional family like y'all." Jayda said.

I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms as Kelly stood up, getting into the same position I was standing in.

"Did she just call us..."

Kelly cut me off by leaning over, guffawing.

"Really nig? We dysfunctional?" Kelly asked between laughs.

"She really went there." I chuckled lowly as Kelly took a knee and rested his elbow on the propped up leg.

"Y'all being dramatic, we just meant that y'all relationships kinda cracked." Cordell laughed.

I leaned down to Kelly's ear. "We're cracked?" I asked and he shrugged with an amused expression, standing back up.

"That's hilarious," Kelly laughed. "Cause I'm sure if y'all knew the truth about each other, y'all shit would just be broke."

"What are y'all talking about?" Jayda asked.

"You think our cracked asses should tell them the truth about each other?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Lets,"

"Oo, tea time," Kyron grabbed a cup next to him.

"Cari anything you say about me, I could say something ten times worse, let's not." Jayda said.

"That's funny, because I've told Kelly and everyone else in this room everything, but I know for a fact Cordell doesn't know when you two broke up around your birthday last year you had a threesome with two niggas."

Kyron pretended to pour out the empty cup. "This tea nastyy," he whispered and Jordyn laughed.

"Y'all not about to pull some damn lies out the hat. Jayda-" Cordell looked over at her shocked but guilty face. "You really-"

"But don't touch that dial," Kelly said in a advertisement voice. "Because no one else knows that 'Dell got a whole 'nother family in Sacramento, kid and all."

"Never mind, it just wasn't my cup. Here we go," Kyron mumbled.

"Cordell-" Jayda stood up and noticed his culpable expression before slapping him and walking off.

"Thanks man," he laughed, getting up. "Just like you finally slept with Melena last night and Cari I would tell you something that would break yo heart more than it already is but I'll let you find out for yourself."

I looked to Kelly as he sighed and his shoulders fell.

"Cari-"

I put my hand up, tired of excuses and rolled my eyes before walking away.

Cordell

"Look I'm sor-"

"You can't apologize for something you knew about. You did that shit on purpose!"

"Jay-"

"Is that what you call her too? Cause I saw the name Jayla and never put two and two together."

"Baby-"

"Just leave, it's done. We're done," she threw the ring at my face but I caught it in the nick of time.

"As if you didn't fuck two other niggas at the same time. Do you know how embarrassing that is to me?"

"I don't care Cordell," she walked out.

As I walked out the kitchen, two little bodies caught my attention.

"Uncle 'Dell?" Karma smiled innocently, standing next to Kaelan.

"What y'all sneaky behinds up to?" I crouched down to their level in a frog position.

"We got an idea to get mommy and daddy back,"

I sucked in air through my teeth.

"Me and ya parents a little rocky right now and I'm already going through it with Auntie Jayda."

"Pleasee? Please please please?" they both begged, hugging me.

"Alright y'all. Whatcha got?" I asked and they smirked, before Karma cupped her hand to my ear whispering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya girl is mf tide 🙃

Hope you enjoyed and I'll see y'all later 💘💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
674K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
31.3K 1.2K 46
To the average eye Kehlani King seemed to be your normal 19 year old girl that was two months fresh out of high school. Voted most likely to succeed...
178K 5.9K 20
Loving Alek came easily. Being indifferent to him was the hard part. If I wanted any chance of surviving this breakup, I needed to get my acting ski...