HIM

Par sroses90

Ever had the feeling you were worth more than you gave your self credit for. He made me feel when I use to be... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
LETS HAVE A CHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note

Chapter 19

986 39 2
Par sroses90

*3 Weeks Later*

As the weeks went on, I was in total bliss with my relationship with James. He had become my one and only, if not more. We spent almost everyday together. I was at James apartment more than I was home. I also haven't seen much of my family or Sofia and for the first time in weeks, I had finally notice when I woke up to a text from Sofia.

Sofia: Do you remember me?

Yes Sofia I'm sorry I haven't been around

Sofia: Oh now your sorry uh?

Yeah 😔. Want to have lunch today? I'll even pay

Sofia: High roller I see. Sure, 12:45 @ 40 carrots. I need to pick up something at bloomies.

Lol pick up something? Yeah right. I'll meet you there.

I turned over on the bed to see James putting on his suite. He smiled at me before placing a small kiss on my forehead. I smiled happily back at him.

"What are your plans for today" He asked as he fixed his tie

"Going to lunch with Sofia and most likely shop because she has something to pick up"

"Oh you can take my black card and buy whatever you want"

"James you already brought me enough. I don't think I need anything more. I still haven't even wore half of the stuff you brought me 3 weeks ago"

"And? Why is money a issue to you"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Because I don't want to be looked at as a golddigger. I'm not working so anything I get is from you."

"I don't see the problem here"

"And that's the problem! How can you see me living off your money not a problem?"

"It's simple Chloe Hearings, your my girlfriend and soon to be wife. Why would I have a problem"

I again rolled my eyes. James lately had a tendency of referring to me as 'Chloe Hearings' or his 'soon-to-be wife'. No matter how many times I told him we had a long way to go before that can happen, he still tells me otherwise. I was beginning to get annoyed. At first it was cute but now it seems more controlling than ever.

"My name is Chloe Williams. We are not engage-"

"Yet. We are not engaged yet" He said with a smirk

"So until then my name is Chloe Williams. Like I said I'm not comfortable spending your-"

"Our. Our money"

"YOUR money. But thank you for the offer. Asshole!" I said as I got up from the bed

Shaking his head, he laughed at me as I walked by him. Holding onto my arm he yanked me back towards him. "Chloe I'm not in the mood to argue. Take the card and buy what you want." He released my arm. Then taking out the card from his wallet, he threw it on the bed.

As he walked to the door he said, "Use the card and stop complaining about money. Do you know how much money I made just by standing here arguing with you about it? Probably $500,000 in those short minutes. Stop worrying and talking so damn much. Your starting to really annoy me. You can use the driver. And let's not revisit this topic again. It gave me a fucking headache and ruin my morning"

After his speech, he walked out the bedroom door leaving me standing there in shock. James had never spoken to me like that before with so much authority in his voice. He didn't just tell me what to do, he was demanding I do it. It had me scared not to use the card now or further pleading a case to him. I was becoming tired of the arguments so I decided to just use the card to end it there.

------------

I had arrived at 40 Carrots Restaurant a couple minutes after 1pm and saw Sofia sitting down on her phone. I smiled as I approached the table.

"Hey sorry I'm late. There was traffic for no reason." I said as I sat down

"Well look at  you Ms High Fashion designer" she jokingly said

I was dressed in a white Alexander Wang shirt with Teaspoon distressed denim skirt and gold Chanel sandals. I completed the look with a gold mini boy Chanel bag with gold jewelry from Tiffany & Co.

"No James had a stylist from Saks get me some outfits and I'm just wearing the clothes so it won't just sit there in the closet"

"Sure, Chloe whatever you say. Anyways what's been new biotch. I haven't spoken to you or seen you in forever"

"I know I'm sorry about that again. I just been spending my time with James a lot lately." I said with a grin on my face.

"Yeah I notice. Ah Chloe are you sure about this guy you just met and is basically living it? You don't think it's too soon?"

I was a bit taken aback by her question. Sofia was the party girl that did things I wouldn't dare to do. I felt as though she had to jealous of my relationship and being a bit judge mental. I just was too blind to see what the issue really was.

"No I don't think it's too early to make a decision like that. I care for him and he cares for me." I said defensively

Holding up her hand, she said, "No need to get defensive. I was only asking a question. If your happy then you can stay that way. I don't want you to think otherwise."

"Yeah sure"

"If you feel as though your 100 percent right about this guy then do your thing. Don't let me stop you. I'm just telling you to be careful because not everyone is who they say they are"

"Are you saying James is hiding something from me?" I questioned her with my eyebrows raised

"You know Chloe I'll let you make that decision since its your relationship and not mines-"

"Yeah glad you noticed"

"Just be careful" she said ending the conversation as the waitress approached our table.

Lunch was awkward silence between Sofia and I for the remainder of the afternoon. I tired to engage her in conversations but she didn't seem willing to lose her attitude. After lunch I asked her if she wanted to get what she came to Bloomingdales for but she said she didn't need it anymore and would catch up with me later. Sofia and I never had an argument where we didn't make up within a hour. I would be lying if I said I didn't bother me.
----

James' driver picked me up from Bloomingdales, drove me back to the apartment. As I walked out of the car I noticed a long legged blonde walking out of the building. I realized it was Tara from the charity event. She turned her head and noticed me the same time.

"I didn't know you lived in this building" She said as she took in my appearance.

"Uh yeah I live here with my boyfriend James" I said. Although I was lying, I wanted the message across that she should really leave him alone and he was mine.

"Really?" She said in an surprised voice

"Yes" I firmly answered as we began a stare down contest.

Smirking, she eyed me up and down before saying, "Well good luck with that, I have to go."

I watched her walk over to a black Cadillac that was parked in front of building. I became enraged with what happen and decided to call James. James answered the phone on the second ring.

"Hey baby, what's up." He said in a calm voice

"Hey. I just got back to the apartment from lunch with Sofia and I ran into Tara." I said as I waited for a response from him

"Oh you did" he said sensing something was wrong

"Yeah. You wouldn't happen to know why she is at your apartment building"

"No Chloe I have no clue. Do you know why she was there?"

"No I don-"

"Then don't call me asking silly questions like that. I'm busy with work." He hung up the phone after he said that

I became upset and called him two more times which only resulted in him sending me to voicemail. I turned around and asked the driver to bring me to James' office. James attitude had really started to bother me lately. I kept repeating to myself what I would say to him once I saw him.

I walked quickly to the elevator once I was inside Hearings Enterprise building. I pressed the up button several times which caused me to get a couple funny glares from people. Once I reached James's floor I walked quickly to the assistant desk not bothering to stop at the receptionist desk. I walked pass the assistant for the simple fact I was too upset and I did not want to announce to him I was outside.

I walked into his office door without knocking to find him behind his mahogany desk looking at papers on his desk.

"I'm sorry Mr Hearings, she rushed past me" the assistant said as she glared at me.

Rolling my eyes at her I turned back to him and said, "Why was she at the apartment?"

"If you can excuse us for a minute Brittany. Tell my 3pm conference call I'll be a couple minutes late" James said to her.

Brittany nodded her head before looking at me again.

"Look at me one more time! I am not in the mood for it!" I said as she walked through the door.

James laughed as he slowly walked around his desk to stand in front of me.

"Chloe you came all the way down here to ask me why someone was at the apartment building WE live in?"

"Yes I did because clearly your hiding something by not answering my question"

"What could i be hiding from you?"

"If you would tell me I would know right?"

Chuckling James walked even closer to me. "You answered my question with a question. Okay Chloe you want to know why Tara was at the apartment? It's because she lives at the apartment building. And trust me, I wouldn't hide that from you. I may have left out that information but what is the issue?"

"You think I want to live in the same apartment building as your ex-girlfriend who by the way is very catty and has comments to say when she sees me."

"Chloe I own the building, I'm not moving out just so you won't have to deal with someone's catty remarks. Besides, she is a model and never home. That's the reason why this is your first time seeing her in over a month." He said as he looked at his watch

"Chloe I don't have time to argue with you right now. I have a meeting to attend to"

"You know what James, fuck you"

"You have already and baby it was amazing" he said with a smirk on his face

"Your an asshole!" I spat back at him

"So I have been told. Chloe look I will see you at home later."  He said as he kissed my forehead

"You won't see me at home."

"Chloe your really pushing it today. Your arguing with me about nothing right now."

"And your being secretive. I think we need some time apart. I'm with you all the time and I've been neglecting my friends and family. If you want to be secretive about stuff then that's fine"

"Again your arguing about nothing. We don't need time apart. I have to go but be at home when I get there." And with that he kissed me but I turned my head so his kiss landed on my cheek.

I walked out of his office as he rounded his desk again to take a seat. James was becoming too controlling and demanding. I was starting to replay Sofia words in my head as I entered the elevator, ' I'm just telling you to be careful because not everyone is who they say they are'.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

34.4K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...
1.4M 52.9K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...
54 20 15
Written December 20, 2018 PROLOGUE How are you going to feel if the woman you have known for the past eighteen years as your mother wanted to kill yo...
6.2M 133K 52
𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...