From being arranged to love...

By caffecorretto

"Please.. you have to go... we can't do this.." she tried. "No... you are mine, only mine." He said once more... More

1.Thé Prèdiçtion!!
Author's Note.
2.Marriage???
3.The Groom Húnt.
4.The @ccident!!
5.Heavens!!
6.The guèsts!!
7.Fiancè!!
8.It is a YÈS...
9. First phone call..!!
10. CCD!!!
11. Part a.
11. Part b
12. My wife!!!
13. A talk over the Coffee!!
14.The drive!
15. Why did you steal my keys?
16. Thinking of you!!
17. I wish I could always make you happy!!
18. With love, your Pathiji....
19. Rightfully his!!
20. Your lips are mine to bite!!
21. I had warned you..
Yaaaay
22. All answers lie above you!!
23. That is my favourite pillow!!
24. Sister ya Husband???
25. The Kiss!!!
.26. The Trip!!
27. 7 hours with her!!!!!
28. Fighting over the clothes!!!
29. I just can't wait to marry you!!
30. The Surprise!!
31. Unexpected!
32. Dealing another unexpected!!!
Way to go boys!!!!
33. Waking up to you!!
34. Twists and Turns!!
35. Hallucinations!!!
36. I missed you!!
37.Unfolding the past!!
38. Not just good, the Best morning!!
39. Upside Down!
Oops..
40. A Murder Case??
41. Discussions!!!
42. The Hunt!!
Happy New Year!!!
44. The pain!!!
45. Getting Answers!!
46. You never asked me to wait!!
47. Miles away...
48. Moving on??
49. Dr.Kapoor..
50. A crush come true!!
51. A drunken dream!!
52. Only Mine!!
53. She won't live long..
54. Mission Kill Gunaa!!
55. Cherry or Naveen?
56. The Kidnap!!
57. Nightmares!!
58. Confessions and Answers!!
59. Her friend!
Just Me, @maira
I need your Help!!
Success!!
60. A mistake, always a mistake!
61.Stuck in the woods!
62. One Hell of a Night!!
63. She is pregnant!!
64. Somethimg is definitely Up!!
65. Realisation!!
66. She knows!!
67. Back to reality!!
68. Optimism
69. HER
70. Visitors can enter now!
71. Puppy eyes
72. You were always meant to be mine
73. Rendezvous

43.Why!!???

40.2K 1.5K 176
By caffecorretto

A knock on the door brought me back to the world. I tries to get up, but found it difficult, it felt as if something was weighing me down. I looked to see the most innocent face, sleeping peacefully on my chest.

His mouth was slightly open, holding me tight, his leg on top mine. I couldn't help but kiss his forehead, as a response to which he hugged me more closer, dragging his lower lip on my chest...  God..

"Dee... I'm going to come in.." She yelled... I wanted to yell back, but that would disturb his sleep.

I slowly got up, replacing myself with a pillow which he hugged close to him.

I opened the door to a tensed Rithu tapping her foot on the floor.

"Oh... Kya hua.. Why are you shouting, you just almost woke him up with you high pitched voice." I scolded her. But her face continued to hold the tension.

"What happened Rithu?" I asked again, holding her close.

"I don't know Dee, but papa is calling you... They look tensed... Are you sure that Jeeju is alright, I'm getting worried." She asked worry masking her face.

But what is going on? Why are all tensed?? I ran to papa, feeling the worry consuming me..

"Papa.. Kya hua... Is everything alright?" I ran to papa. He was sitting outside the room, in a waiting chair, with his head in his hands. Mom was standing beside him, her hands wrapped on his shoulder.

Just opposite stood Hari uncle, his head leaning on the wall, looking up. Karthika Aunty was the only one crying, but still trying her best to cover up the tears staining her face.

I got stuck where I stood... Something wasn't right.. Something wasn't good.. Kiran came towards me, his expression calm, and held my shoulders... What is going on..

  "Papa... Please. Tell me what happened.." I tried again.. My voice failing to show my strength.

"Kuch nahi, Dhruvika.. Just that we need to leave.."Papa said. Leave?? Leave now?? But why?

"Why should we leave now? We just came here sometime ago.. Amma what is going on.." I asked mom.. Who just stood there speechless, being a mere audience of the show.

"I will tell you beta.." Hari uncle stepped forward. I nodded and went towards him, he immediately pulled me close in his shoulders.

"You know his condition right... I hope he has told you everything about Gunaa, everything about his life.. Hasn't he?" He asked, walking me away from them.. I nodded my head... Not clear  where this conversation was heading to..

"Gunaa is still out there somewhere... Seeking to kill my son, and me.. For killing his brother and destroying his empire. And he is dangerous.." Uncle said.. I meekly nodded my head.. Waiting for him to continue..

"And... And.. His life could be in more danger... This was just a miracle... 3 bullet wounds.. It could be more hard from now on.. And he will have to fight back... " he continued.. Struggling for words.

"And.. The more people surrounding him... The.. The more weakness he will have.. The more vulnerable he will be... " he took a deep breath..

"Uncle... What are you trying to speak.. That I make him vulnerable?" I asked..

"Yes.. But with that you are making yourself vulnerable... They can attack you... You could  be on that bed too... It is not safe for you.."he said.. Without looking at me... By now we had reaches the back exit of the hospital that opened to the car parking lot.

"So.. So you want me to go....... To go away from him?" I couldn't have been more shocked..

"I don't want you to go away.. I want you to be by his side.. Give him strength.. He is happy around you... Free and relaxed... But.... I know the pain of a father losing his daughter that he loved.... Your parents.. They love you... They will give their life for you... And you have to stay with them.. So you have to.. To..forget him.. Forget that all this happened.." I was completely shocked.. No words escaping my throat.

"Uncle... I.. You know how he is to me.. Weren't you the one that once told me that I brought him back to being human.. That I gave him back to you... And you are now asking me to let go..??" I asked in between the tears.. Clutching the dress hard to stop me
from braking down..

"Dhruvika.. Whatever I said.. Was true... My son.. He loves you more than he have ever loved anyone.. But I can't be selfish.. Him.. There is no guarantee about his life... And your life will be ruined if you stay with him.. You have a family.. A sister... Take care of them..." He said... Clearing his throat in between.

"But I love him.." I said out in whispers..

"Dhruvika you know.. This is like a deja vu to me.. Me and Karthika.. We were in love before our marriage... Her father had even begged me to leave her alone.. He knew that his daughter's life with me.. With a police officer is not a dreamy life.. But out love won... We married against her parent's wishes... And now see where she is.. " He said.. Finally looking at my eyes..

"Because of me.. Because of this job.. She had to lose her family.. Her only daughter left us.. Our son that followed his fathers path, is now having his life questioned.. See what I gave her.. Only a bunch of sorrows.. And yesterday a group of men tried to attack us, if not for the police who intervened.. Beta, this is our life... And Gunaa.. He is ruthless.. He will try anything to see us defeated.. " he continued... And I could see the guilt in his eyes..

"Dhruvika... I love you.. You will the best daughter in law for our house.. But.. That is only a fantasy.. You are a good person, a very good person.. And you deserve a better life.. Is liye.. Forget everything.. Forget that all this ever happened... Move on with your life " He said.. Kissing my forehead..

But I am complete only with him.. I deserve nothing than him... I want him.. Please don't do this.. I wanted to scream but only silent tears came as my reply..

Suddenly there was a sound behind me and I looked back to see Karthika aunty, her eyes filled with tears.. Behind her was papa, amma, and Rithu..

I stood still.. Not able to move... She came a hugged my.. Kissing my forehead with...

"Stay blessed... I will always love you.. And will pray for you...Now go... And don't come back... "She said..

She looked at my face, every inch.. As if she was registering the image of my face in her head..

Suddenly she was away from me.. And as I looked by they both walked back.. Leaving me there alone.. My heart ached seeing them go.. They went without glancing back.. Uncles arm surrounding her shoulder..

Suddenly there was an arm around me, Papa was hugging me, turning me around... I walked like a robot, lead by him.. I found myself get inside the car.. But my head didn't respond to anything... What uncle said was reverberating inside my head..

forget him.. Forget that all this happened..

Forget everything.. Forget that all this ever happened... Move on with your life

Now go... And don't come back...

The car moved away... Away from the hospital... That is when I realized one thing.. I never saw him.. I never told him..

I clutched my chest hard... It was aching. Aching so bad that I felt like crying.. And shouting... Throughout the drive.. No one said nothing.. All seemed to be mourning..

------------------------------------------------------

I walked upstairs, feeling like a robot.. My mind blank except for uncle words running in my head..

forget him.. Forget that all this happened..

Forget everything.. Forget that all this ever happened... Move on with your life

Now go... And don't come back...

I shut the door behind me, and leaned on the door.. Outside someone knocked on the door..

That words continued to run in my head.. And I clutches my head hard, closing my ears.. But it never seemed to stop...

This must be a very bad dream.. Its okay Dhruvika.. Once you wake up.. It will be over... It will be over..

I tried to say in my head... Ignoring the stirr of fresh tears that proved me wrong.. I tightened my hold on my head.. Pulling my hair..

Its okay.. Take deep breaths... This is all a dream..

I tried to convince myself.. But failed..

New stream of tears escaped my eyes.. Drenching my face..

God Please.. Let this be a dream.. A very bad dream.. I prayed looking up..

But my eyes locked with something else.. A picture.. Out first picture taken on our first date...

It seemed like long time ago.. When he was only a bit away from a stranger... The day he said that he wanted to marry me.. The day he said he chose me..

The day he kissed me.. Our first kiss..

The day he stole my keys just to be with me..

I choose you.

Dhruvika, I am marrying you because I like you.

All I want from you is to love me....love me mad.... and accept my love. Are you ready to do that?

I just wanted this, you and me, like this.

"I didn't want to let you go... I was just buying more time with you...

I dont know why, but I feel like I want to see your face, always.

Oh God... What is happening.. Cherry... Noooo.... Noooo... Please nooo... Nooo..

Fresh tears came.. Non stop... Each drop bringing back each memories...

The first meet after the accident..

The first touch from the hospital..

The first date.. First coffee... First kiss..

His words that made me blush..

His smile.. His dark brown eyes.. His russled hair.. The smirk.. The texts.. Kisses.. Hugs.. Cuddles.. Sleeping together in a single bed.. The care.. The comfort.. The promises.. Reassurances.. Surprises..

I love you.. I love you.. Please.. Please... I wan him.. God.. I want him.. I can't live without him.. He is only man I ever loved... Ever kissed.. God I even trusted him enough to sleep together in a bed.. And now I have to forget him??

What did I do.. What grave mistake have I done to fave this punishment... WHY!!!....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I woke up hugging the pillow.. Pillow?

I looked around to see Kiran and Dad talking something,.. They went quiet as soon as they noticed I was awake..

But where is Dhruvika? I closed my eyes shut.. Trying to get rid of the last bit of tiredness... The medicine is one hell of a sedative..

But where is Dhruvika.. Wasn't she here when I was sleeping..

"Dad... Where is everyone else? Where is mom?" I asked, my voice dull... My eyes going more sleepy.

"She is waiting outside.." Kiran answered, face looking sad. What happened?

"Where are the others? Where is Dhruvika?" I said looking at the both.

Both went quiet...

"She.." Kiran started.. But was cut off by dad.

"She went home.. Rithika wasn't feeling good..so they headed back just a few minutes ago.." Dad said, smiling.. Pushing me deep inside the covers.. The warmth of the duvet pulled back my sleep.. And I was soon out for the second time.. Hugging the pillow closer...

"Oh Jaan.. Why did you go before telling me.. You are gonna pay for this tomorrow.." I thought as I drifted to sleep.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I don't what time it was.. And didn't wanna know.. Its been 4 hours since we left.. He should be awake by now..

Will he ask for me? What will Uncle tell him? Will he be okay with it?

I checked my phone
No calls.
No messages.

Does he even know? Should I call him.. I dialled his number for the nth time... But as I did all the previous times.. I thought against it..

He needs rest... Maybe uncle didn't tell him.. He needs to heal faster... Once he is okay.. Then I'm going to go with him.. I don't care about anyone else.. I only want to be with him.. I can't live without him..

Suddenly there was a creak of the door opening.. And came amma.. With a bowl of something.. Steam arising from it..

But I had no appetite.. I just wanted to see him.. I just wanted someone to tell me it was all a joke..and I can be back with him..

"Ruvee.. Baby.. Don't cry.. This is for your good.. Don't play with your health.. You will catch a cold.. Drink this.. I've made hot soup for you.." Mom said, moving the hair of my face, and wiping my face dry..

  "Mom. Why? I.. I love him.. Please.. Why can't this marriage not take place.. I have never asked you anything like this before.. But this.. I really want him Amma... We love each other..."I tried to reason with her.. Why can't they see how in love we both are..

"Beta.. This is not love.. People fall in love after knowing each other for a long time.. I fell in love with your dad months after our marriage.. You both only know each other for what? A month??". She said.. Yes Amma a month.. But a month was long enough for us to fall in love..

"You don't know him... And he was only one of those guyz you met for matrimony.. Just like the others.. Besides your marriage wasn't even fixed.. We liked him yes.. He is a very good boy and the family too... But we never thought more about his profession.. And that was our mistake.." She said, and she pulled my hair into a knot..wiping the new charge of tears.

"And.. You two was only together for a few time.. He was away most of the time.. Even from our village he was out more often.. You rarely saw each other.." She said?

Yes Amma.. But that was what you saw.. And we rarely saw each other? We already slept together.. Kissed a thousand time.. His hands have touched my body more than yours.. I wanted to say but failed...

"And also Ruvee... Think about your Papa... He just survived an attack and I'm afraid he will not be able to survive another one and you know how much your papa loves you... We know you are sad.. But this is good for you my baby.. We will get another boy who is better than him and who will love you more than him... Please don't cry.. We can't live if you cry..." Mom said, tears rolling in her eyes..

"Now drink this soup.. And atop crying... Papa is also crying from down.. " she said as she kisses my forehead and left the room..

I'm afraid he will not be able to survive another one and you know how much your papa loves you...

We can't live if you cry...

Papa..... What should I do? I can't live without you also... Where should I go? What should I do? Please God.. Please...

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Noo comments... I have noo comments... Its really saddening to write this... But what to do.. Fate is really a bitch..

And guy I know you all are angry with me for the late update.. But I was helpless.. My phone speaker stopped working and I had to get it repaired.. And I got back my phone just today... I was planning to update tomorrow but after seeing your feedback I thought I should do it today itself..

Have a happy read...

Love..
       @Miss Jakes.. MJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 7K 55
"You are Marrying ME!" I ordered her. "WHATTT!!!!" her eyes almost came out of sockets and she looked at me with a shocked face while I was looking a...
37.2K 3.1K 38
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
816K 52.9K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...
298K 19.1K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...