Love Thaws: Melting

Oleh ElizabethNewsom

Three years have passed since Elsa was taken, since Jack vowed to find her. Both of them change over the cour... Lebih Banyak

Men Don't Blush
Memories Best Forgotten
A Good Night's Sleep
A New Name
A New Home
A New Job
Trust
What Could Never Be
Red Roses
Fear of Melting
A Monster
Into Her Heart
I'm Fine
Lavender
Warmth
Inevitable
Protective
Damsel in Distress
Fearless
Ever Changing
Hide N' Seek
Grieving
My Sunshine
Warmer
An Adventure
Will You Be My Snowflake?
Captive
Visiting Elsewhere
The Same Sister
Never Let Go
Pain
Longing
Loving Him Back
Clueless
Dependent
Soft and Sweet
Mashed Potatoes
Uncontrollable Emotions
The Past is in the Past
Cold
Hopeless
Good Bye
Control
Unintentionally
With All of My Heart
Peppermint-Flavored Kisses
Silent Vows and Unspoken Promises
Can Run, Can't Hide
Buried
Dying Embers
Optimistic
A Better Idea
Surrounded
Barely Breathing
Critical
Too Late
The Ice Queen's Gambit
Nostalgia
Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away
Gone
Love Thaws
Acknowledgments

Turning Tables

298 27 0
Oleh ElizabethNewsom

Elsa's head rested on Jack's chest. She woke up like she'd done so many morning before. Everything was dark. She sat up, wincing as she hit her head on something. The ceiling was lower than she remembered. And it was as cold as ice. Elsa rubbed her head, feeling bemused. Her breath caught, and her gut churned. 

She remembered. Though she wished she couldn't. 

Jack. Panic seized her. She hadn't even bothered to make a tourniquet for his leg. She frantically fumbled in the darkness, pressing her fingers to the cold, smooth skin of his neck. She felt his pulse. Her body sagged with relief, and she sighed. She touched the lower area of his pants. It was crusty with scabbed blood, but it didn't feel like there was any more bleeding. Elsa flinched as her mind replayed the horrid memories over and over and over. 

She sat down, with her legs folded underneath her, and pressed her forehead to the cold, hard ground. She could feel the exact area where Hans' lips had touched her own, as if he'd seared her with his mark. Elsa felt filthy. Her eyes brimmed with tears, spilling over whenever she blinked. Elsa cried quietly, so as not to wake Jack. Her tears did nothing to wash away the grime she felt. 

She picked up a fistful of snow and scrubbed her lips. Hard. Until they were raw and stinging. More snow slipped through her fingers. She picked up a new handful and used the snow to scrub her lips until the ball of snow felt more abrasive on her sensitive lips than soft. She pressed her forehead to the ground again. A quiet sob slipped through her lips. She shuddered. What she wouldn't give to have that memory purged from her mind. Another sob escaped.

"Elsa?" His voice was soft, weak even.

She sniffled and tried to quiet herself. "Sorry," she whispered, suppressing more sobs.

She sensed him reaching for her in the dark. Elsa met him halfway. Her fingers entwined with his. With a gentle firmness, he pulled her towards him until her head was resting on his chest again. 

"I'm sorry," he murmured, pressing gentle kisses to her forehead.

Elsa shook her head. "D-don't be. Can you walk?"

She felt him shrug. "I don't know... What were you doing, Elsa?"

"Nothing."

"Elsa."

She buried her head into his warm, strong chest and let out another sob, shuddering. Would those memories haunt her forever? Maybe. Did Hans have any idea how he'd scarred her? Probably. Elsa felt sick again.

Jack wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. "Shhh..."

She sniffled again as her sobs subsided. "It's nothing."

He kissed her tear-stained cheek. "Fine, we'll talk about it later."

"Can you walk?"

He sighed. "I'm afraid it will start bleeding again if I try to walk... Where are we? What happened? I have a feeling I missed out a lot on the last part."

Elsa wiped her wet cheek with the back of her hand. "I got my powers back," she breathed.

Jack's hand squeezed hers. "You'll learn to control it, Elsa."

"Maybe... Jack, how will we fix your leg?"

"Good, old-fashioned duct tape." She heard the hint of teasing in his tone.

"Jack, I don't know why you think this is-is some sort of joke, but it's not. This is serious, Jack."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'll probably stitch it up later."

Elsa silently contemplated this for a moment. "Jack, I don't think your leg will ever fully heal unless we get professional medical care."

Jack stiffened. "No, Elsa."

"Jack, I doubt anyone would recognize us. It'd just be a quick—"

"I said, 'no!'"

Elsa fell silent. "Jack, please—"

"What part of no don't you understand?! The 'n' or the 'o'?!" Jack grasped her shoulders tightly.

Elsa felt anger swell within her. "Well, then what do you suggest we do?!"

"I'll just wrap up my leg tight enough to cut off blood flow and we can walk to the cabin."

"Are you crazy?! There's no way we'll make it to the cabin."

"We'll make it."

"And it won't be good for your leg to cut off blood flow."

"Look, if we have to amputate it—"

"Jack!"

He grasped her shoulders tightly, almost to the point of pain. "Elsa, my limb isn't worth your life, okay?!" He hugged her to him, as if he was scared she'd disappear. "Okay?" he asked gently.

Elsa felt something within her soften. "Alright," she murmured.

He kissed the top of her head. "Good. Now let's figure out how to get out of this snow."

Elsa felt her heart seized by panic. "I don't know." She felt helpless.

Jack's fingers brushed her cheek. "That's okay. We'll figure it out together." He sat up. A groan escaped his lips.

"Are you okay, Jack?"

"Fine," he grunted. "We might have to dig our way out."

Elsa nodded and began scooping snow near the edge of the capsule, wishing she had better control of her powers. Her fingertips became numb as she worked, shoveling snow away with cupped hands. After a long hour, they had burrowed their way through the snow. Blindingly radiant sunshine kissed their skin. Elsa helped Jack crawl through their tunnel. He finally made it to the other end, collapsing onto the ground, gasping for air. Elsa knew he would be very uncooperative if she insisted they go to the hospital again. She helped him to his feet. Despite himself, Jack let out a pained moan, his jaw clenched tightly.

"Which... way is... the buildings?"

Elsa pointed in the direction she'd come from the day before.

Jack let out another grunt and staggered when he took a step forward. Elsa wrapped her arm around his waist in an effort to support him. 

"If we can just... find where we are, then we can find our way home." He grunted again, taking another step forward. 

He stumbled several times. He clenched his teeth and let out a pained hiss. After a few minutes, Elsa suggested they take a rest. Jack didn't even protest as he collapsed, his back against a tree. Elsa bit her lip, worry nagging her mind. They both knew he wouldn't make it. A bright red caught her attention. He was bleeding again. 

Jack's head was tilted back, so his face was towards the sky, but his eyes were screwed shut. Elsa knelt and examined his leg. She considered rolling the jeans up, so she could see the wound better, but decided against it. She was worried that peeling the jeans away would reopen the puncture wound further. Jack opened his eyes, his gaze riveted on her. His azure blue eyes were glazed over with pain, and his fists were clenched so tightly his knuckles were white.

"Jack—"

"I know." He fished the car key out of his pocket. "You go on ahead without me. I left the car somewhere on the way to the cabin. You can drive back here and get me."

Elsa turned the key in her hands, the metal catching the light. Out of nowhere, an idea appeared. "Alright."

Jack offered her a tight smile. "Be safe."

"I will. I'll be back for you in a couple of hours," she assured him.

He frowned slightly. "I was hoping you'd be a little more reluctant to leave me."

She smiled and pecked his cheek. "Of course I am, but this is necessary."

His frown deepened. "Are we still talking about the same thing, going to the cabin?"

Elsa took a step back.

Jack stood, only to crumple to the ground. "Elsa." He pushed himself into a sitting position with his arms and pinned her with an icy glare.

"I seriously doubt anyone would recognize us."

"Elsa—"

"We'll just be there long enough to get your leg checked."

"You're not going to the hospital to get help, are you?"

"Please don't be angry."

He seemed to struggle with himself for a moment before finally staring up at her. "At least let me give you a good-bye kiss."

Elsa knelt by him. Jack's forearm met the small of her back, pining her to him, locking her in place. Something about the way he held her made him seem... harder, or more determined than usual. She lightly brushed her lips against his. His fingers wove themselves into her hair and he tilted her head sharply to the left, his mouth slanting over hers in a much more intrusive angle. Elsa shivered, despite the warmth seeping into her. His grip tightened as his lips locked with hers. Elsa drew away suddenly, but was held firmly in place.

"Jack?"

He rested his forehead against hers. His azure eyes glinted with steely determination. "You are not going to go get help from a hospital."

Her eyes widened. "Jack, you can't force me to not go." His strong grip seemed to say otherwise. "Jack, let me go. You need medical attention."

"No, I just need your attention." His light kiss on her nose seemed to belie his harsh grip on her. 

Elsa's heart thumped nervously in her chest. She'd never seen him like this, so determined. Almost cold. She shoved against his chest. "Jack, please."

He snatched both of her wrists with one hand and positioned her so she rested in the crook of his elbow, his arm wrapped around her waist, trapping her. "No, Elsa. I can't let you go."

Elsa struggled against his grip fruitlessly. She finally sighed, feeling absolutely helpless. Jack's injured leg didn't seem to give her an advantage in the slightest. Her lips pursed. "Jack, neither of us are going to get anywhere like this. You can't carry me where you want, and I can't carry you where I want."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "I agree."

Elsa swallowed. "You can't really walk, so why don't I go—"

"Go where?"

"To the cabin." And take a detour to the hospital.

"How do I know you'll be honest with me?"

Elsa swallowed again. "You'll just have to trust me."

Jack let out a heavy sigh. He rocked her slightly in his arms before resting his head in the crook of her neck, showering her with kisses until she was blushing hotly. "But I rather like you right here," he murmured against her skin.

"Jack!"

"Yes?"

Elsa inhaled deeply, feeling more helpless with each passing second. A sudden thought hit her. She had ice powers. Jack didn't. She tried to suppress a smile.

Jack's grip on her tightened. "What's the smile for?"

Elsa smothered the smile immediately. "Nothing."

"Elsa..."

She began contemplating all the things she could do with her powers. What was the best way to escape Jack? Her gaze locked with his as she tried to draw his attention away from her hands. "Jack, you know I care for you. A lot."

"Elsa."

Elsa pulled away as a wall of ice suddenly gushed up in between them, tearing Jack away from her. The wall of ice abruptly stopped growing. Elsa stared at it in amazement. She had built that! It was completely transparent, tinged with a pale blue. Jack sat on the ground, glaring at her. Elsa was glad a wall was separating them. Three other walls rose from the ground, boxing Jack into a small room with no ceiling. 

How the tables had turned. His glare turned several degrees icier. 'Sorry,' she mouthed, not looking very apologetic. His icy glare pinned her in place for a few more seconds before she broke free and began walking towards the highway. She hazarded a backward glance. Jack looked angry and completely helpless. Elsa felt a pang of guilt and forced her gaze back in front of her. It was the best way to keep him safe.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29.2K 717 40
A fanfic story about Jelsa. There will be extra love stories about: •Avatar the last air bender •Harry Potter •Naruto •Fairy Tail •One Piece •Hotel T...
120K 3.1K 35
Jack Frost, the one that no one could see, has been reassigned to protect Queen Elsa from harm. But can Jack keep his feelings at bay for the Queen w...
13.4K 365 23
Can an immortal live together with mortals? According to Jack Frost, he could. But for how long? Since the recent mysterious kidnapping of other Guar...
912K 20.5K 56
Elsa did not know who Jack Frost was. But that is about to change when our adventurous hero searches fun in the Kingdom of Arendelle, meets the queen...