Ethereal Angels

By EleanorHelena

"No escaping this place, " Falentine whispered in her ear. "You belong to us now" Adelina... More

Trailer and Character Profiles
1. Creatures in the Night.
2. Home
3. Somebody Somewhere
4. They can't take you from me.
5. Ghost of what once was.
6. I Can Feel Your Heart
7. Breathe
8. I won't be afraid
9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared
10. You Followed The Loss of Sound
11. Always Second Guessing
12. My World Split In Two
13. I Can't Let You Slip Through My Hands
14. More Like The Moon
15. Echo in the Emptyness
16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?
17. As Old As Your Omens
18. Nothings The Same When You Give It Away
19. I'll Drown In the Rainfall.
20. Before The Damage Was Done.
21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.
23. Is It Your Heart, Is It Just Thunder
24. You Keep Me Without Chains
25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight
26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.
27.You Bleed Me Dry and I Don't Ask Why.
28. To A Place Where Love Won't Die.
29. As the World Falls Down.
30. A Dream Without An End
31. Stars Crawling out of the Sky
32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.
Wattpad Block Party!!
33. I Was Only Trying To Wake You Up.
34. We're All Broken People.
Folkes Chapter
35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.
36.Coming Apart At the Seams
Folke's Chapter
37. I've been thinking too much. Help me.
38. Don't Listen When I scream

22. Are You Deranged Like Me?

1.7K 103 21
By EleanorHelena

Blood dripped down her arm and onto the floor as she popped each stitch off. The razor had become dull, so by the end she ripped a few off with her fingernails. Her lip bled as well as she bit down to numb the pain.

By the final stitch, the blood poured out the wound in a generous amount. Adelina took a towel and wrapped it around her forearm. She proceeded to stroll over to the doorway. She pulled it open with ease and looked down the empty corridors.

Wasn't someone supposed to be guarding her door? Her lips formed a tight line and her eyebrows quirked.

She began to take small steps down the hall, peering side to side with each and every step. A couple more steps and she heard footsteps echoing in the distance. She let out a sigh of relief as she saw Samuel and Charles round a corner and step towards her.

"What are you doing out of your rooms and in the halls? You know this isn't safe for you." Samuel scolded.

"My stitches got popped open earlier. I didn't notice until I went to get in the shower. I tried to find someone outside my door, but no one was around." She held up her arm showing the bloody towel wrapped tightly around it. "I need to get this looked at. Can I be taken to the doctor?"

She looked back up at Charles and Samuel and noticed their eyes had shifted to an odd shade of blue. Samuel stepped towards her, his eyes transfixed on the towel. Adelina stepped back.

"Samuel, stay in control." Charles grabbed onto Samuels arm and pulled him away from her. His eyes switched back to brown and he took a deep breath.

"I'm fine."

"Okay well now that you're done with whatever the heck that was, can you take me to the doctor?"

"Yes, let's get you looked at." Charles grasped her wrist and began to lead her forward.

The walked through the halls in silence, but with purpose. Every twist and turn Adelina felt her head spinning and she looked to see how much blood she had actually lost. Her mouth hung open as she saw the towel had soaked through.

Maybe breaking open her stitches hadn't been the best idea. She thought and smirked at herself. Sure was brave, though. She thought while mentally giving herself a high five. Her thoughts broke as the came upon a door she recognized. They all entered into the doctor's office together. Samuel and Charles looked around for Malora, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sure she is in her private quarters. They are right around the hall. We will go grab her real quick. You need to sit back and lay down for now. You look pale and like you are about to faint." Charles led her towards a cream colored couch. Adelina sat herself down and pulled her legs up to her chest.

"If there is an emergency, there is a phone in here. Just dial 7 and you'll get a guard." Charles and Samuel exited the room.

Adelina wat there in silence for a few moments before she sprung up and into action. She began to rummage through drawers and cabinets. Her eyes grew wide when she found exactly what she looking for.

Knives.

There was a lot of knives of various shapes and sharpness. She grabbed a few of the longer ones and began to place two of the sharpest ones she could find securely into her thigh. She had made a makeshift holder out of some cloth earlier. She sighed and smiled hoping they would be secure around the band to her side. She closed the cabinets and threw herself back on the couch just as the door opened up. Malora stepped in with Charles and Samuel following behind.

"I heard you ripped your stitches open?" Malora gave her a suspicious glance as she gathered some materials to stitch her arms back up.

"Yeah. I umm..well.. My sister she pushed me onto the concrete and I assume that might be when they ripped? Although it could be when Asmund pushed me up against a wall..." A blush crept up onto her pale skin at the memory. "I'm not sure. All I know is I went into take a bath and I noticed the blood. I asked to come see you immediately."

"We will wait outside. As always, let us know when you're done." Charles nodded towards me and then towards Malora before he exited with Samuel at his side.

"Sit up here real quick and let me clean the wound up." Malora pointed towards a high steel table. Adelina stalked her way over to it and lifted her body up, letting the bloody towel fall to the floor. Blood began to immediately trickle down her forearm and onto the steel table.

"Sorry. I thought maybe it had stopped bleeding."

"It looks like it is deeper than before." Malora commented as she began to clean the wound with some gauze. "Do I even want to know what actually happened here?" Malora questioned as she looked straight into Adelina's eyes.

Adelina held her gaze and leaned forward before whispering. "Have you ever tried to escape, Malora?"

"You want to know the truth?" Malora walked away and grabbed some liquid on one of the counters. She began to dab clean gauze into it and walked back over to the table. Adelina let out a sharp breath as the pain from the liquid filled gauze hit her arm.

"Yes, I do." She let out a sigh as Malora took off the gauze. Malora walked over to another cabinet. She grabbed a syringe and some clear liquid. She looked up at Adelina as she walked back over to her, cleaned off her arm and stuck the needle in without warning. Adelina let out a hiss as the fluid entered but she felt a numbing sensation spread through her arm.

"Sorry, better to do that without warning." Malora gave her a reassuring squeeze before continuing. "I still remember the day they tore into our village. None of them showed any mercy and I was terrified. I had every reason to be. Vampires and demons, what a mix right? I was naive to these creatures before. I had no idea they existed, a lot like you. But they came and they took and took until there was nothing of my village left. They had all of us in cages as they inspected us. They took a few of us who might be useful as well as our families. At first, I thought that they wanted our families because they wanted us." Tears began to brim into Malora's green eyes. "I was so wrong... so very wrong. After we were carted off here, they separated us. I had no idea where my family was, but I was told they were safe. At first, I begged to see them, pleaded. It was never allowed. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I began to plan and think of ways out. I watched the guards learned their routines. I kept my head low and tried to show that I was loyal. Eventually the guards stopped paying attention to me. One night, during a feeding ball, I packed up and began to sneak out of here. I made it out the front gate and into the forest. I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing. I tried my best to hide, but there was guards that I didn't know about. They roamed the woods around the compound so nobody got in and apparently so nobody got out." Malora visibly began to shake and tears came spilling out of her eyes.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to go further Malora. I didn't mean to press." Adelina lifted her hand and grabbed onto Malora's arms.

"You need to hear this Adelina. You need to know you can't trust these creatures. I don't know what is going on with Asmund and you, but you have to know what you are up against."

"What do you mean by up against?" Adelina questioned.

"Those guards they dragged me back to the castle, kicking and screaming. I fought the whole way back only to be greeted by the three rulers. They all had this wicked gleam in their eyes and I could feel my entire body go rigid. The guards grasped onto me harder and the three stepped to the side. That was when I noticed my family. My entire family! They had them all out there on their knees with their heads hung low. Guards held onto them. I tried to run towards them, but the guards were relentless. Falentine was the only one to speak and I'll never forget what he said. "Learn your lesson" that was all he said before the three of them merciless ripped my entire family to shreds. The blood and gore was everywhere and they made me sit there and watch this." Malora let her tears spill freely.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Adelina frowned deepened.

"You can't trust them. You must never trust them Adelina. They prey on our weaknesses. They will rip you to shreds given the chance. You must be careful Adelina. Even more so of nasty wounds like this. Blood makes them go even crazier. I know we don't know each other well, but I do care about what happens to you. Please be careful." Malora finished and began to stitch up her arm. They were both completely silent as the last stitch was placed.

"Thank you for stitching me up again." Adelian lifted herself off the table and began to head to the door. She paused and turned towards Malora. "Have you ever thought about escaping again?"

"What reason do I have anymore? My family is dead, my village is gone. I am here until I am no longer useful and I can rejoin my family. I have accepted my fate, Adelina." Malora smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry, Malora. I truly am." She knocked on the door and waited on Charles and Samuel. They were swift to enter the room and Adelina followed them back into the corridors. Her head felt fuzzy and her thoughts were hazy, but she let the men guide her back to her room. She entered her room and leaned down onto the wall. She felt one of the knives hit her thigh as she remembered what she had done.

"Should I do this? Is my family going to end up dead?" She began to let these thoughts circle around and wallow in her head.

She began to think about the kiss Asmund and she had shared. The sincerity in his tone when he said he would protect her family and friends as well as her. Was he just a monster? She had no answer for this but the thoughts kept going round and round.

As the night sky began to lift and turn into a array of pinks and blues, she had realized one thing.

She would fight. She would do what it takes to get out of here.

She had to.

And with that thought she removed the knives from where they were being held and hid them under the mattress of her bed. She laid herself down and let her heavy eyes shut. Her final thoughts were those of Asmund. She had to trust him with this.

"Freedom Lies in Being bold" Robert Frost.

If you guys enjoyed reading this chapter, give me a vote :) Or even drop me a line and let me know what you think will happen or even tell me what you'd like to see. I'm always curious and love talking to my readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 2.8K 27
"Why are we like this?" "This is what our destiny wanted." "No this is all what YOU wanted," I said quite harshly and then definitely regretted and a...
2.5K 114 30
*Heavily under editing* Earth is no longer the same place it used to be, instead the world is filled with chaos and beings that were said to only be...
1.3K 32 27
* CURRENTLY WORKING/PLANNING ON DOING SOME MAJOR RE-EDITING * Vampires and humans coexist. They mate and create hybrids, vampire and human mate and h...
226 0 32
------------- "Why're you staring at me?" I ask teasingly. I hear him letting out a breath, of embarrassment or guilt I don't know. "I may have unint...