The Nerd Can Fight (#1)

Af justanothergirl1314

(First book of the series - cos people keep on missing my sequel announcement 😭) Cassandra Johnson is Pixie... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Published
Sequel
Prequel - Bryant's Story
Ily

Chapter 48

53.2K 2.3K 361
Af justanothergirl1314

Happy birthday to @darieyana ❤️ God bless bro 💕😊 I hope you have a wonderful birthday 🎉 Here's my birthday gift 😂

~•~•~

It didn't take long for me to rush to the body's side and roll him over to see if it's who I think it is.

God no, please let this be real.

A sob forced its way out of me when I saw his face before rushing to check his pulse.

It was faint but I could feel the beat that was weakening by the second.

No, I won't let him die on me. I promised Carla I'll take care of her family. I won't let this happen. Not after what just happened with Carla.

Preston, you bitch. Don't you die on me now, you insensitive jerk.

A tear leaked out from the corner of my eye and it didn't even take me a second to dial the hospital. I couldn't even think about manners right now. Not when the brother of the dude I love is possibly severely injured.

"Please send an ambulance to St. Andrews Graveyard as soon as possible. I don't see any external bleeding but his heartbeat is weak and he's unconscious. Please be quick."

I shut the phone, looking around for a certain brunette. I tried straining my hearing to try catching any suspicious noises. All the other people who attended the funeral dispersed half an hour ago when the burial was over so there weren't any people in sight.

Where could Adam be?

"Behind the trees," a voice said behind me and my head whipped to the side, trying to catch sight of who was speaking while still keeping Preston's head on my lap.

"Pardon?"

"Your boyfriend, the one with similar hair with this man, I saw him with a man behind those trees," the elderly said. I smiled in gratification towards him before laying Preston's head on the ground.

"Here, let me. I'll take care of him, go find your boyfriend." I couldn't say I wasn't suspicious of him but it wasn't like I had much choice so I reluctantly stood from the spot I was kneeling on and let the old man tend to Preston.

"I called the ambulance. They're going to be here soon," I told him, already on my feet.

While running to the trees, I stopped for a quick second and took a quick glance at Preston and the old man who was searching for injuries. "And sir?"

He craned his neck to look at me while propping half of Preston's body to lean on his own. I gave him a small smile. He might be an acquaintance of the man fighting Adam or he can also be the man who was fighting Adam a minute before but if he wasn't, that means he was genuine.

So I'll focus on the possibility that he was sincere rather than worrying that he was possibly an enemy and add it to the list that I should worry about. Besides, judging from the rake he brought with him and the sack of leaves beside him, he was probably the keeper of the cemetery.

"Thank you," I said softly, earning a simple nod and small smile.

"Go, child. Help that boy," I turned, heeding his words and ran towards the trees.

The closer I get, the louder the voices sounded and I was more than certain that one of them was Adam's.

"You don't know?" An unfamiliar voice asked and not a second later, Adam's confused voice was heard. It didn't take me long to catch up with where their conversation could possibly head.

No, Adam shouldn't find out like this.

With that thought, I pumped my feet faster, dashing through the trees and jumping on a log.

"Adam?" I shouted from a distance when I finally caught sight of him. His attention snapped towards me and the man he was facing followed his gaze which of course landed on me.

"Who are you?" I asked him coldly, instantly putting up my guard. I've never seen him before so I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Just the person I was looking for; sweet innocent Pixie," his words were practically dripping with sarcasm and I couldn't help but look at him like he's lost his marbles.

Adam kept on looking between the two of us. My wary look, though, stayed on the uninvited guest. He was obviously from my other life since he didn't call me by my real name.

That means he doesn't know my personal life. Thank heavens.

But seriously, whoever runs this business should apply a new rule in the system that whatever happens in the ring, stays in the ring. This is getting annoying.

First was my date and now Carla's funeral? What kind of sick joke is this? I've had enough with this shit.

"You might not know me but you probably know my brother. Remember the man with the healing leg that you messed up?" I could feel my eyes widening by a fraction.

How I could I forget. I'm so stupid. What could've possibly made me forget all about that poor man?

Sonia.

Son of a bitch.

"Do you know what happened to my brother, Pixie? Do you know what you have reduced him to?" I wasn't facing a rival. I was facing an enraged older brother. That is never good.

This guy isn't one of those assholes in the ring. He was a guy who's worried for his brother. I understand him. I was at fault.

"That night, you didn't just mess up his leg. You messed up his mental health. He has to sit on a wheelchair from that night on and he's been acting like a psychopath. He's so humiliated by his fall that he refuses to talk to anyone. He's mute because of you, you fucking bitch!"

My hand flew to my mouth to stifle the gasp and sob at hearing what happened to that poor man.

I was Casey again, my barriers crumbled down at the mention of that poor man. Adam moved towards me, collecting me in his arms and shielding the man's view of me.

I forced myself to look into his eyes.

"I- Adam, I" I didn't know what to say. The huge lump was clogging not only the words I wanted to get out for the man but also my mind. Flashes of what happened that night came to me and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Adam shushed my silent cries as I hid my face into his chest whilst tracing patterns on my back to calm me down from the panic attack I was having.

I have never felt so guilty since Bryant's death. I broke someone. I broke someone and deep inside me, the guilt was drowning me. After a moment of silence with only my quiet cries filling the eeriness of the woods, the stranger in front of us spoke up again.

"I heard you dropped out of the competition and I found that as a form of cowardice. I don't care what your reason is but I am not going to let you drop out of the fight as quick as that. You will re-enter that competition and fight me," he demanded.

I could feel Adam's arms tightened around me as an incoherent sound escaped the back of his throat. I tensed up at the man's request, untangling myself from the warmth and comfort I got from Adam.

Facing him, I steeled my expression. I understood his rage and fury and I won't fight back if he fights me right now. I would let him beat me up right here right now but to re-enter that competition? That's absurd.

I dropped out. There was no more use of participating in that competition. He doesn't need to wait until the competition to beat me up or even kill me. Unless...

"Yes, the competition. I want to watch you suffer before you fight me. I want to face you when you're all bloody and beaten by all those opponents. If you don't survive all the way until you face me, I will kill every single one of your precious family member." He gave me a sinister smile.

"I will make you feel how devastating it is to watch someone you love suffer trauma and physical disabilities. I will watch that guilt eat you and kill you slowly."

I shuddered at his words but mustered enough courage to spit out the only question that matters here.

"And if I don't re-enter?"

He looked at me in a challenging manner, "That's simple. I get to torture your loved ones; one by one. I might even start with your parents, or maybe even those little ones."

I looked away, "How can I know you're not bluffing?" I challenged weakly.

When you see a determined older brother trying to avenge their younger sibling, the chances of them bluffing is close to nada.

"Do I look bluffing to you?!" He yelled loudly, his eyes widening with a tinge of crazed look in it. I flinched, a small fear growing in me. That look, it was the same look Dom wore the night he confessed to me he was involved in the murder of Bryant.

No, I wasn't scared for myself. I was scared for my family. This guy isn't sane. He was passed sanity, he was passed being rational. He's bloodthirsty for revenge. Whatever man that has resided in this vessel was long gone. He was dead.

In his place was a monster. A monster that was worthy of everyone's fear.

And that small revelation broke me inside because that means I didn't only break one man. I broke two men; and one of them painfully resembles Bryant when he's protecting me.

The man, having said his part, fled the place and left me to explain everything to my very confused boyfriend.

God, what am I supposed to do?

Not only have I broken two men's sanity, I have put my family and the family I vowed to protect in harm's way.

~•~•~

Aww, poor Case 😔

I hope you won't carry out those death threats btw, it's amusing at first but it started getting a teeny bit scary 😅

Anyways, I love y'all and stay awesome. Don't forget to be someone's reason to smile today.

God bless 💕-J

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

335K 9.7K 51
Highest Rating: #73 in TEEN FICTION Cover is fan made :) "Being a nerd had destroyed my self esteem enough; I'd had it." People can be cruel. Many do...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...
859K 40.5K 26
With her deadly secret out in the open, Cassie must fight even harder to protect not only her sister but her own heart. ...