Chapter 11

I feel like a complete zombie. I don't understand why I'm even going to bother going to school. I'll probably learn nothing by the rate I'm processing things.

"Dude, you look like shit." Dom exclaimed once he saw me going down the stairs. My clothes are ruffled, my hair's a mess and I'm pretty sure my face is pale and I have bags under my eyes.

"Yeah, I feel like it too," I muttered to him. Monday is so not my day.

Not soon after that, I was greeted by sweet Monic who had a look of pure horror on her face. She didn't even bother hiding it. "Case, are you sure you're fine?"

"Never said I was, Mon, never said I was." I mumbled to her but she caught it. Jake and Adam were eating breakfast in the kitchen and since Adam's back was towards the door, he still hadn't said anything, yet. But that soon ended when Jake started choking on his food. Adam looked at him worriedly and reached over the counter to pat his back.

"Dude, you okay?" Really, did I look that bad? Probably did. Meh. Jake just nodded and gulped down some water before raising his eyebrows towards me but kept his mouth shut. Adam, though, saw the motion and took a glance behind me and saw.. Me. Although it looked more like he saw a butchered baby bird.

Yeah, their expressions in response to my state was that bad. "I know, I know, I looked like shit that just got trampled over by some dick ass truck driver." I offered before he got the chance to voice it. He let it go and nodded instead, seeming terrified to make any further comments.

I took a plate and started filling it with some eggs and bacon that I think Monic cooked. If I haven't mentioned it, I can't cook even if my life depended on it. Once, I tried heating up something in the oven and ended up almost burning half of the kitchen down. {A/N this is, unfortunately for me, true. Although I think my parents lost it because they kept on urging me to learn how to cook}

I took a seat beside Adam and started wolfing out on the food. I started choking on it because my throat was too dry and Adam rushed over to the water dispenser and filled a glass. "Go easy on it, Case." He advised softly. I sighed after successfully swallowing it, "Sorry, it's a crappy morning today."

"I can tell," Jake retorted almost mindlessly, earning a glare from me which resulted in him raising his hand in a surrender motion.

I made a mental note to visit the Underground Place tonight before I go insane from the inner battle going inside my head, what can I say? It's my number one refuge. While other people's are an ice cream parlor, I have an illegal street fighting club as my go to place. Deal with it.

I tuned in to Adam and Jake's conversation, catching a few words. "... Yeah, we should try it out." Jake said with so much enthusiasm like a 5 year old being offered that bottle and stick thing for creating balloons.

"We should try what out?" I asked warily. "The Underground Place!" Okay, that's not creepy at all. What? So now they're psychics too? Great. Just great. Why am I being so moody? Ugh. I'm probably close to that time of the month. About that, I need to buy some.. Necessities.

Wait, hold up one sec. Did they say Underground Place? Oh shit. How the hell did they know my haven from? If I ever get my hands on the guy, they'll wish they've never been born. That's my safe haven they're inviting strangers into.

I forced my facial expression go stoic and blank, trying to play dumb. Remember, Case, they don't know you street fight and that means you do not know what the Underground Place is.

"What's the Underground Place?" I wanted to pat myself for sounding so idiotic but caught myself.

"Adam's got connections all over the state and one of his cousins is a badass street fighter. When he decided to move here, his cousin gave him pointers on the best place to continue street fighting and the Underground Place was on top of the list." Jake explained and this time, I didn't need to pretend.