Chapter 47

@dragonlover128 You eulogy is inside, as promised 😁😂

Today was the day of the burial. My parents decided to join me and give their condolences by attending the funeral. We were already on our way and the whole car ride was silent.

The funeral was held in a town a couple of hours away, where Adam moved from. Her family wants to bury her with the rest of her ancestors so we had to sit in the car for a whole 2 hours.

I kept my eyes trained on the trees that whizzed by as we drove and I was trying really hard to keep my mind off the fact that we were going to bury Carla's body tonight and everyone knows that a funeral comes with heartfelt eulogies.

Jerry requested me to make a special eulogy for Carla although I tried preparing myself and wrote what I wanted to say in a piece of paper but nothing sounded enough to express how much of a wonderful woman Carla was so I ended up crumpling the papers and now, I have a room to sweep.

In the end, I had to drop everything and rest, leaving my mind to wing it on the spot. I could only pray that no cuss words would slip out or the worst scenario that could happen that second would probably be my brain not being cooperative in whisking something up because it's too busy sobbing internally.

I was overwhelmed beyond belief and the anxiety was swallowing me whole mercilessly. Nothing that I have ever felt reached this level of unpleasantness with the exception of knowing that Monic found out I was street fighting illegally.

When we finally reached the venue, we all piled out of the car and climbed up the small hill to reach where Carla's coffin will be buried at. It was no surprise that a lot of people came.

There was no way that a wonderful woman such as Carla having little to no friends. People who wouldn't befriend her would be incredibly stupid. I found Adam standing among the crowd of people and stood by him while slipping my hand in his.

Monic was behind me, leaning against Jake as she wept on his chest while Jake's hand that wasn't supporting Monic was clasped onto Adam's shoulder, giving him some moral support.

I didn't dare look towards where Carla's coffin lay beside the gaping hole in the ground. I had the urge to weep along with all the other people that was gathered around her coffin and the six feet deep hole.

One by one, the people that was called came into view and started reading out their eulogies while I stood there, trying to worry about my own unwritten eulogy.

I listened in to this one eulogy which was beautifully written. It seemed to be from a long friend of hers before she moved to my town. The woman had tears streaming down her face while she reads out her written eulogy, bringing more tears to others' eyes as well.

"Dear Carla,

You are a beautiful woman and the greatest parent I have ever known. No one will ever forget you and your fight against the kidney failure. God bless you and your children." A tear slipped out, I didn't know how I was about to top that without anything written down but I was going to have to try whether I like it or not.

I cursed myself internally, 'Now you can't whisk up something while a couple of days ago thoughts about what you want to say to Carla practically flood your mind.'

I felt a nudge on my arm and looked towards my parents only to have them jerk their heads to where the priest was standing.

My gaze went to Adam and he gave me a small smile and his hand landed on the small of my back before giving me a small push. Oh shit.

A lump formed in my throat and no matter how hard I try to swallow it and will it to dissipate, nothing happened. I racked my brain on what to say and it was like my whole fear was coming true.