Chapter 39

How the fuck did that bitch know about my secret.

I mean, she wasn't sure. Thank God for that but she did suspect it.

'Of course you can't fight. I can't believe I even thought of it.'

What? What could have possibly popped that question?

Goddamit.

This smells like Penelope all over. I swear, if that bitch is really the one behind all this gossip, I will beat her up so bad, even her mother won't be able to recognize her. I trusted her and let my guard down.

Damn her innocent look. They were playing a coy game. One that I didn't wish to participate in.

I went through the day with the sense of curiosity gnawing at me. Did she really do it?

Even if I didn't give her that chance, I knew that she was being sincere in her words. I just didn't want to hold on anymore. The more you hold on, the more that you'll be hurt because humans are stupid.

They're blind fools that won't truly cherish what they have until it's taken away from them and to finally discover that and finally embrace it, is devastating.

I slowly got up from my chair to exit the class. It was only first period and I just wanted to get this over with.

The next class seemed to be miles away from where the class was and I had to drag my feet to get me across the school to get to Biology. Ah, bio, the only subject that I don't dread that much.

I enjoyed bio as much as I enjoy eating veggies which wasn't that much but it was good enough. It was the only subject that I don't actually dread to the point of wanting to jump out the window simply just because I wanted to stop listening to the teacher's endless lecture.

The thing is, I have discovered a few days ago that Penelope was in this class.

Now, I have two ways to take this into account. Dread it because she's in there or be happy because she's in there. Okay, that got me confused.

Let's rephrase it; I can either hate that fact because I'm not exactly in the mood for her bullshit, especially because she is a possible suspect on the case of my almost exposed illegal secret or be ecstatic because I get to catch her and interrogate her and finally find out the answer to the question and suspicion devouring me inside.

I entered the class and sat on the last row. There was a lot of us who took biology so the class was packed with kids. I quickly slipped into the seat and set my bag on the empty stool beside me before taking out my notes and started reading over on last lesson's notes when my phone went off, signalling a text.

Looking around and finding no teacher around, it was only normal for any teenager to check their phone so I did and it turned out to be a text from Levy.

Tonight at 8, don't be late -Lev

I texted back a quick 'okay' when I heard a timid voice behind me and quickly locked my phone and slipped it back into my bag, afraid that they saw anything they shouldn't see.

I wouldn't want to give anyone a scarring threat so early in the morning, would I?

Turning around, my face became guarded as Penelope's features entered my line of sight. Be calm, Case, be calm. You don't know for sure that she told Sonia. It's probably a misunderstanding.

And how big is the chance that it's a misunderstanding?

I thought about it silently and came out empty.