Fate Smiles on My Alpha (Book...

By JosephineCastillo-Nu

Just when he thought he had the most out of his life - a career as a doctor and alpha lupus to a strong pack... More

Fate Smiles on My Alpha
Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2 -Fight for your Life
Chapter 3 -To Know You is to Love You
Chapter 4 - Wide Awake
Chapter 6 - Homeward Bound
Chapter 7 - The Lake House
Chapter 8 - Missing Piece
Chapter 9 - Visitors
Chapter 10 - Complications
Chapter 11 -Meet the Folks
Chapter 12 - The Nύptíís
Chapter 13 - Wedded Bliss
Chapter 14 - Amazing Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Surprises and Contradictions
Chapter 16 - Imperiled
Chapter 17 - First Heat
Chapter 18 - Whore's Dust
Chapter 19 - A Glimpse of Red
Chapter 20 - Real and Normal
Chapter 21 - One Tough Cookie
Chapter 22 - Unexpected Progress
Chapter 23 - Precipice
Chapter 24 - Go Into the Light
Chapter 25 - Kiss and Make Up
Chapter 26 - Real Issues
Chapter 27 - Rewind
Chapter 28 - Control and Surrender
Chapter 29 - Taken
Chapter 30 - It is Done
Chapter 31 - Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Afterglow
Chapter 33 - Second Chances
Chapter 34 - Natalis
Epilogue

Chapter 5 - Three for the Love of One

44.8K 982 43
By JosephineCastillo-Nu

A picture of Carter Vargas ----->

CHAPTER FIVE: 

Carter was in the foulest of moods upon learning that Queran had been kept in maximum security.  Poor Enrique, the messenger, is surely nursing some broken bones after he threw him several feet in the air where he tore down a tree in the forest.   Carter hated failure.  He has no more recollection of the many faces whose lives he took; the worthless lives of those who can’t carry a simple instruction as seizing an injured slip of a girl.  He was driven and ambitious to a fault.  Right now, gaining a pack was unimportant, it was possessing Queran that has become his obsession.  Yes, it was a known fact that initially what drew him to her was to covet her unrivalled strength the wolf lore has foretold.   It was said that once claimed by an alpha, not necessarily her mate, that alpha male will possess whatever gifts she may have.  But in those years of careful planning, he was struck by her grace and beauty.  Her silky mahogany tresses that made him want to bury his fingers into them, grab them in the throes of climax.  And her hourglass figure, begging to be touched and caressed in the most primal of ways.  She was the star of his every wet dream.  He walked back to his desk and opened the dossier on the only woman who has invaded his every dream and every waking hour.  Photos upon photos of her enchanting face depicting all kinds of emotions from a laughing Queran, angry Queran, pouting Queran, deep in thought Queran and his favorite expression – the feisty looking Queran; all fell out of the folder.  He took his favorite photo and stared at it.  He snaked his hand down his trousers and clasped his budding erection.  He was mad, mad of want for this woman.  For years, he plotted on possessing Mikel’s pack, not for want of one but for the sole desire of possessing her.  He was 5 years her senior.  For years, he’d seen her grow into the most beautiful and passionate creature.  Her feisty attitude in protecting pups of her pack has been the major turn on for him.  He would slip into their territory and look at her for hours, until he could take no more and he had to meet Mikel on the pretense of joining his pack.  He was welcomed.  He luxuriated in her presence at every pack meeting and every special gathering.  Just looking at her interacting with the pups even in play has given him countless times of a hard on that he had to ease with a jerk of his callous hand.  For years he jerked himself off, waiting for that moment to claim her for himself.  Mate or not, she was going to be his.  Until he recalled Enrique’s report that had had his blood simmering to a boil and has led him to lash out at his beta.

“Alpha, it is the subject of gossip among the hospital staff that a certain Dr. Keegan Lucas, alpha to the Crimson Hollow Pack, has been in charge of her care and apparently claimed Queran as his m--mate.  Queran died in a matter of minutes but was miraculously revived after the claiming.  It was also said… that that she sh--shifted for the very first time and she is now recuperating in wolf form.  There are wolf guards on round the clock surveillance and alpha Lucas has not left her side since then.”

Within minutes, he managed to break the glass door of his study, shards of glass and wood shavings of his coffee table and cushion feathers lay at his feet.  Chest heaving, he was half shifted, his claws unsheathed and his fangs elongated.  He was losing it.  Marks can be erased.   He decided that if he wanted something done right, he will have to do it himself.  But first things first, he needed to replace his broken glass door, his couch and coffee table – again.

*****

A slobbering wet kiss had him awake in mere seconds.  Keegan stretched out his tired body and opened his eyes with a rather silly grin plastered on his face.  He would’ve loved waking up to Queran in human form but this was still close.  Queran’s wolf tilted her head to the side then stuck her tongue out like she was as excited as he was for waking up next to each other.

“Morning hun!  You look mighty fine today.”  Keegan threaded his arm hands through her fur and massaged her underneath the ears.  She licked his face hungrily and closed her eyes and let out what sounded like a soft howl in pleasure.  “You can shift whenever you want babe.  But I think give it a day or two.  You have chances of healing faster in wolf form.”  Keegan got up and walked to the bedside table and got a pitcher of water.  He poured some into a deep bowl for Queran, which she hungrily lapped dry.  Keegan was so pleased that she has become stronger.  He shuddered at the thought of nearly losing her.  He hoped that his mate would understand that he would do anything to save her.  He was now looking forward to more mornings waking up next to her, snuggle up and bury his…Whoa, back up stud. Take it slow. Damn, I’m getting a hard on.  Great, just fucking great.  He turned his back on Queran and adjusted his trousers but left his shirt unbuttoned.  As he turned back, Queran was staring at him with a… Was that a wolfy grin on her face.  Ohhh his mate was as naughty.  He walked back to her and sat on the bedside, stroking her back.

“Hey babe, you know I would hate to leave you alone, but I’m supposed to work on a 24 today so I have to go to admin and fix up the roster.  I’ll get Tanner to come accompany you.  Is that aright?”

Queran slumped back on the bed and rested her chin on top of her paws and shut her eyes.

“Oh hun!  Don’t be like that.  You know I would love nothing more than to be here with you.   But you’re mate’s an alpha and a doctor too.  You can’t have me shirk on my duties, love.  You look so cute by the way.”  He was back to stroking her head that found its way to her back and to her behind, giving it a nice naughty pat.  My mate is so hot even in her wolf form..damn

Queran’s head shot up and let out a growl.  Keegan belted into a full blown laugh.  “Double damn, that was so hot babe.”  He rubbed his nose against her muzzle, which earned him a playful bite into his jaw.  “How I would love to know what’s going through your pretty head.” 

The mind link to her was not open yet as they have to complete the mating process.  He made a mental note to discuss that with her when she was 100%.  His body shivered at the thought of making her completely his.  He vowed he will do things right this time to make up for claiming her without her full  knowledge.  He continued to wrestle her that made him land flat on his back.  He cupped the sides of her face and looked into those golden yellow orbs.  “I can lose myself in those beautiful eyes.  I just hope you can see love through mine.  I am ready for forever with you.”  He nose-kissed her.

Queran bowed her head and nudged his opened shirt from the night before.  With her wet nose tip she sniffed and licked on his chest.  Keegan suddenly grew warm and tingly.  All his blood had seemed to travel south to his groin and his hard on was in full splendor.  He groaned as the licks moved lower to his abs and he clutched her neck.  “Babe..oh goddess…ahhhh.  We have to stop baby.  I’m so tempted to shift and take you. “ 

With powerful strength, he wrestled her down on her back.  “Now you be a good girl and rest.  I won’t be gone long and I love you..hmm”

He helped Queran under the duvet and kissed her on the top of her head.  He had to get into the bathroom for a cold shower then take care of a little business and get back to his mate.  He was languidly undressing as the smell of Queran’s arousal assaulted his senses.  He was smiling as he recalled that heated wolf make out session.  There will be plenty of time to play mate, and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it. Too bad I have to jerk off this stupid erection.  He was hoping it would be the first and the last time he does it.

Stepping out of the shower, he decided on casual with a pair of beige cargo pants and a plain white muscle shirt.  He was only going to call in some favors to have someone fill in for him.  In all his years working in the pack hospital, he hardly had time to go for any break or holiday.  He immersed himself in work, juggling between pack duties and taking care of patients.  Not that he was justifying anything but he just found his mate and nearly lost her.  It would not hurt to take off for a few days and care for her until she is fully recovered.  He wanted to make this quick but he also wanted to prep his crib for her.  Finally,a woman in my house and in my bed.  In all his liaisons, he never brought any woman to his home.  He only intended for one and just one and that would be his mate.  He was no player but he was a man with needs. Before hooking up with anybody who was willing to spread her legs to him, he always laid out his rules.  Just sex.  He never stayed over.  The hospital alone was a large enough playing field that he never needed to look too far.  He made special efforts to maintain his body.  Being a medical practitioner warrants you to walk the talk.  Diet and good exercise was always the powerful combination.  Given the fact that he’s a Were, the she wolves would find it a rare privilege for their beds to be graced by an alpha’s presence.  Most of them understood and accepted the arrangement except for one, Emma.  When she was getting too clingy he avoided her like the plague. But she just doesn’t get it.  Maybe now she will because for all intents and purposes he was ready to formally announce to the pack, hell even to the world he found her mate and she was perfect.  He was more alert that he didn’t need a caffeine boost.  He grabbed his mobile phone from the bedside and speed dialed Tanner.  As he waited for him to pick up he watched lovingly at the sleeping she wolf who was down for the count.

“Good morning Alpha.”  Came Tanner’s rather tensed greeting.  He wondered.

“Morning!  Can you meet me at the cafeteria in half an hour?  I need to discuss a few things with  you.

“Alpha.”  Tanner sternly replied.  Keegan chose to ignore the cold response and ended the call.  He kissed his mate on the head before quietly exiting the suite room.

He gave clear and strict instructions that nobody except him, Tanner and her mom were to be allowed access.  Even doctors’ and nurses’ rounds have to be cleared through him.  As he was walking to the lift doors, he spotted Emma hovering in the nurse’s station, gossiping no doubt.  He ignored her and as the cab arrived he walked in and pressed the floor to admin.  When the doors were about to close, a woman’s hand shoved in the midst of closing and Emma squeezed her body in and intentionally fell hard on his chest.  He was repulsed.  Maybe, just maybe if he hadn’t met his mate he would have probably taken her standing.  He wanted to shove her but she stood on tip toes and shoved her tongue in his mouth and bit his lower lip.  Bitch!  He pushed her none too gently and with the back of his hand wiped his mouth in an effort to erase the memory of that assault. 

“Do that again and I will instill punishment for disrespecting your Luna by that unwarranted attention.”  Keegan gritted his teeth, trying to calm his irritation.

Emma clapped her hands mockingly.  “So it is true, you had found your mate. Interesting!  But I also heard she is human.  She won’t satisfy you like I would Keegan.  I know how you like and you know I can deliver.”  She cupped his appendage and squeezed.  Keegan felt nothing but pity for her.  She was hoping to push the lust button and failed.  Disgustingly, she pulled back and made another attempt to kiss him but he was fast enough.  He dug his fingers to her shoulders until his claws dug through her blouse and kept her away from his chest. Emily winced in pain.

“Don’t!  There is nothing between us but a temporary meeting of bodies satiating our lust.  From here on I want you to get it in your head that I will only want my mate, so get the hell away from me.”  The doors flew open on a floor above his intended destination and walked out deciding to use the stairs.  He didn’t look back at the woman that used to excite him. He would never give her the time of day that could potentially hurt his mate.  That is a promise you can take to the bank, he mused.

Tanner was rounding the corner to the cafeteria when Keegan was about to enter.  He frowned at the look of his beta looking all disheveled like he just got out of bed after a wink’s sleep.  He looked extremely tired.  He made a mental note to ask him in this meeting. 

“Morning Alpha.”  Tanner made the customary bow.  He cursed to himself upon seeing that he was still wearing the same clothes he wore the night before when he and Margareta rushed to the hospital when Queran crashed. 

“You look like hell, Tanner.  Didn’t you get some sleep?”  Keegan inquired as they both entered.

“I have been keeping watch, alpha.  I headed the rounds and slept at around 4.”  Tanner explained.

“Last time I remember you call me Keegan.  At ease Beta.  Now, what is eating you that you look rather peeved this morning? “

Keegan motioned for 2 cups of coffee and a bagel and paid for their meal.  They found a spot near the glass windows that was 9 floors down from where his mate’s suite was. 

“The driver who rammed into Queran was found dead together with the staff in the ambulance.  I found no identification in his person.  His..head was…severed from his body.  We are now at a dead end.”  Tanner rubbed his hands to his face and grabbed the coffee cup.  He needed a caffeine boost.  His blood ran cold as he recalled the sight of the EMT staff.  He recognized them from their pack.  The driver, Tom had a wife and 2 young girls.  He shuddered to think how his wife who is also his mate will endure the loss.  A mate, when one of them dies, leaves the other almost half dead.  He said a silent prayer that she can hang on for the sake of their daughters.

“And I am only knowing it now, Tanner?”  Keegan raised an eyebrow at him.

 “With all due respect alpha, you clearly had more important matters in your hands. What with the life of the Luna at death’s door.  I HAD to try and keep it together for our pack’s sake.”  Tanner defended.

“I will let it slide this time, Tanner.  Queran’s body is slowly recovering.  I intend to take her back to my place if we are now talking about a mad killer on the loose.  I can’t risk her safety.”

Tanner only managed to nod in affirmation.

“I have a favor to ask you, brother.”  Tanner stilled.  They were like brothers.  In his deep thoughts of a beautiful Queran lying on the ground, came to mind.  She was the most beautiful creature he has ever seen.  She tried to keep it together even in the midst of all the smell of gasoline and burning smoke.  Her melodious sweet voice as his name rolled from her mouth was now a sweet memory tucked into a little corner of his heart; because Queran was not his and never will be.

Keegan cleared his throat and continued even after Tanner seemed to zone out.  He blocked his mind link so he had no idea what he was thinking.  He could only suspect it was regarding his mate.

“If you can keep Queran company for just an hour.  I need to see if her mom is settled and to have the housekeeper make the necessary arrangement to receive the Luna at my house.  I intend to take her home once I get clearance from Dan Heeley.  Can you do this for me?”

Tanner gulped down the ball of anxiety and excitement to spend time with Queran.  He suddenly flashed an unadulterated smile.  “You know I would alpha.  You need not ask.”  Tanner lowered his head to hide a ghost of a smile.

“You know I trust you like a blood brother Tanner.  I trust you with my own life as I entrust you my mate’s.  Don’t think to deny your feelings for Queran, believe me I know and it’s clearly written in your face and in your actions.  You care for her, don’t you?”  Keegan wanted to confirm his hunch.  His beta’s face lit up like a light bulb in a dark room. The tired sullen look had now changed into a youthful glow. Keegan was the possessive sort.  He would not deny that upon seeing that look of anticipation had him balling his fists and reigning his wolf from lunging at Tanner’s throat.  But he knew Tanner to be loyal, not only to his pack but to his alpha.

Tanner froze.  He did not expect that his alpha remained so calm about asking him.  Was I really that obvious?  Crap!!

“I..I’m sorry alpha.  I did not mean to offend you.  But I will not deny it either.  When I first saw her in the crash, she looked helpless but remained calm and.. beautiful.”  Tanner gulped his guilt.  He cannot believe he was going to spill his guts to his alpha, quietly desiring his mate.

“I was drawn to her immediately.  The faint smile she graced me whilst in great pain clearly showed me what a strong woman she was..is.  I may have for a brief moment thought she was my mate because of the wolf scent that sifted through the air.  When I got closer I realized it was not her but the driver of the other car.  But she had a rather mystical scent that drew me in and that drove me to save her.  It was the only thing I ever thought of and I was completely distracted that I should have ensured the driver was dealt with. I was so stupid not to have thought of asking somebody from the pack through the mind link to follow that ambulance.  Tom and Pete died because of my poor judgement.  I failed them as I failed you.  I let my groin think for me and I messed up.  I would understand if you would banish me from the pack for my failure.  But know this, Keegan that I would never think to betray you and your trust.  As soon as I realized you were her true mate I accepted that she was not mine and never will be mine.  But I would still lay down my life for her because she is my true Luna.”  Tanner was looking at Keegan the entire time he said this.  He looked at Keegan in the eye as he pledged his allegiance to him and to the pack.

Keegan was stupefied and awed by Tanner’s pledge.  His pupils turned black in sync with his strong emotions.  There was no doubt in his mind that he is a great leader and friend.  “Don’t beat yourself up, Tanner.  Queran’s life was more important than that driver’s.  Tom and Pete’s death were a tragedy but it could not be helped.  We can only try and cope.  I will extend my full support to the grieving families and you should move on.”  Keegan stood and patted Tanner’s shoulder and squeezed it in a show of trust.  “Queran is resting.  I should be back within the hour.  You can get a shut eye at the day bed in the suite.  You should get some rest brother, you look like shit.” 

Tanner stood and they both snorted as they walked towards the exit where Keegan playfully head locked Tanner as the sound of their laughter resonated in the hallway.

A/N: Vote and Comment before closing.  Thank you for your support.  This story has landed in the 1st 150 stories under Werewolf genre, and I owe it all to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 15.1K 28
Jezzabelle Jackelyn Johnson. The daughter of the most feared alpha of all packs. Her father owned more then millions of wolves in his pack. His pack...
28.4K 410 54
Book 1 in the werewolf series :Jack: Now I'm infuriated. I swing my leg over her body, so that I'm straddling her waist, and pin her wrists above her...
103K 5K 36
Blood || a mated werewolves story Alpha Zev Malewoods was your stereotypical everybody fears him Alpha. Because in what werewolf story is there not t...
2.9M 97.4K 80
"She was running and he was hunting. She was hiding and he was conquering. She was a spirit full of of fire and would he stop at noting to put out th...