Betrothed To Death

By Bunny-Mommy

Pitiful child, Not yet ready to die. I shall give you the gift of Time. But my gift has a price to be paid, O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

14K 570 37
By Bunny-Mommy

I sighed in annoyance as I attempted climbed into the carriage for the Tour. It had been every month so far and I found it no less daunting of a task then I did when it first began. If anything it got harder with each passing month. At seven months pregnant I looked like a beached whale and it was getting more and more difficult to do even the simplest things, like going up and down stairs, picking something up off the floor or making it to the bathroom without soiling myself! I was very tired of that one!

I groaned in frustration as my attempts to heave myself into the carriage were all for not. Orcus bent down and swept my legs out from under me, lifting me up and onto the ebony thrown. I smiled at him gratefully and asked the driver to try and not hit too many rocks or holes. The twins were ill enough being crammed inside the tiny space they had without also being bounced around. The last excursion had ended with me heaving over the side of the coach. The driver nodded and moved the horses into a gentle pace.

I wore the same red and black gown I had worn the first Tour and all the subsequent Tour's after that. The traditional garb looked ridiculous on me, I thought, though Orcus, Umona and Aesar assured me that I was radiant. The gown didn't seem to fit right anymore. The sides of the gown were taut with the massive swell of my stomach, the bodice barely covered anything anymore since my breast had swelled and if my hips got any bigger I was sure that the seams of the dress would burst. I looked fat and far from resplendent as many tried to assure me. I had taken to wearing the gown Aesar had gifted me on my first Tour most of the time since it seemed to be the only thing that hid how big I really was. The bodice seemed to stretch to fit my breast even as they expanded so I didn't appear ready to pop out at any given moment and the extra panels of fabric in the skirt always fit my stomach loosely.

We arrived on Market Street and saw the usual bustle of people that anxiously awaited the Tour. There were the usual cheers and gifts thrown before and into the carriage. From just the tours I had more jewelry and trinkets than I really knew what to do with, never mind the things people had sent more or just given me. I smiled and waved, thanking them for their gifts. I began to feel a bit dizzy as the ride went on but shook it off. At Orcus' curious gaze I just smiled and told him I was fine. He seemed less than assure, especially when I almost fell off the thrown, but I insisted that I was fine and he shouldn't worry.

We stopped around the peasant farm lands and allowed them to, well for lack of a better word, worship me. I hugged the few children there were as well as the men and women. I allowed them to caress my stomach and kiss my hand. One of the children climbed into my lap and told me he thought I was pretty. I smiled and kissed his cheek, then ushered him off my lap. His mother smiled at me gratefully and kissed my hand. The driver started to put the carriage in motion and I stood to wave goodbye to the people. When I did my vision swam and the world suddenly tilted at a strange angle. My knee's buckled under the weight of my stomach and I banged my hip against the side of the carriage. There was a horrified shriek and someone grabbed my arm, pulling so hard they almost wrenched it out of its socket. More hands were on me, pushing and grasping. I groaned in pain at the sensation. Someone grabbed me, cradling me bridal style in their arms and passed me to Orcus who laid me gently on the floor of the coach and barked orders at the driver to turn back home. The carriage raced across the roads and I cried out in pain when it jarred my sore body.

Orcus lifted me up as if I weighed nothing and dashed inside the house, barking orders at the servants I couldn't understand. I forced open my eyes to see what was going on. He took the stairs two at a time and darted into the bedroom. He laid me on the bed and tore my clothes of, ripping the delicate fabric of the ancient gown. He was looking my body over, running his finger along my skin, looking for any wounds.

I saw my hip sporting a growing bruise and looking over notice finger shaped bruises on my arm. I couldn't move the arm that had been pulled and the babies were moving a lot.

There was a gentle knock on the door and Orcus bade whoever it was to enter. The door swung open and a person entered. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. They were tall and slender with long golden hair that was plaited down their back and woven with silver ribbon. They had a sharp face with elfin like features, though they weren't one of the Fey. Their eyes were a startling quick-silver color with a vertical cat like pupil. They wore a long silvery robe with billowing sleeves and blue embroidery.

"Doctor," Orcus acknowledged with a sigh of relief. The person nodded and glided towards the bed. Orcus stood, moving back while the person took his place to inspect me. Long figured hands ran over my stomach, down my arms. They trailed their hands over my legs and sides and breast before stepping back.

"She is not well," they said in a deep voice that notified me this was a man. "Her shoulder is dislocated, some of her vitamin levels are low, she's stressed which is stressing the children and she is very weak. The children are putting an enormous strain on her body."

"What can you do for her?" Orcus asked.

"Give her potions for the vitamins," he began, "put her on bed rest until she delivers...oh and of course relocate her shoulder." He moved over to me and sat next to me on the bed. He gripped my upper arm and shoulder and looked into my eyes.

"This will hurt," he said. "Feel free to scream."

"Wha-?"

He pushed on both my arm and my shoulder and there was a loud pop sound. Pain radiated from my shoulder, white hot and intense. I screamed and grabbed the man's wrist with my free hand. He caught me in his arms and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Shhh," he said. "The worst is over now." He continued to caress my back as he spoke once again to Orcus.

"She is not to be stressed," he said. "Do not upset her. You may need to find a replacement for your work for a time. I will have the necessary potions made up and sent over."

"Thank you," Orcus said. The man pulled back from me and looked deeply into my eyes.

"You are not to get out of bed unless it is to use the bathroom or dress," he said, his voice soothing and calm. "The children are both large and you don't need to be moving around too much. Let your husband and the servants take care of you." I nodded and glanced over the man's shoulder at Orcus.

"No sex?" I asked. The man smirked and chuckled.

"No, your Grace," he said.

"Astoria," I corrected. Though I knew we were revered as royalty it was still strange to hear it. Most didn't call me Grace or Majesty to my face, though I had heard it whispered behind my back.

"Astoria," he parroted. "a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I blushed at this. He smiled and patted my shoulder, standing from the bed.

"What's your name, doctor?" I asked. The man smiled and bowed at the waist.

"They call me Accius," he said.

"Thank you, Accius," I said. He gave me another smile and turned to Orcus.

"I shall have my assistant bring by the potions," he said. "Anything else, feel free to call me." He turned back to me, leveling me with a serious look. "Bed rest," He said firmly. I nodded with a grin.

Orcus saw him out and returned with a servant carrying a dinner tray. I wasn't very hungry but at the look he gave me I forced as much food as I could before all but begging him to be allowed to sleep.

~❤️~

I was bored.

I threw aside the book I had been reading for the past six hours and rolled over onto my side to stare at the fire.

I was so bored.

I sighed and sat up, glancing at my laptop that had been abandoned on the bedside. I had sent emails and pictures to everyone as well as posting up some things on the social networking sight. The pictures I had showed me in more casual clothes, heavily pregnant. I posed with Umona (whose eyes I had to color over in a photo software), Aesar, Bartram, Orphelia, Emvorele and Althidon. Even Orcus had been persuaded to pose for me. My favorite picture was one where he had gotten home from work, taken off his vest, rolled up his sleeves and unbuttoned the neck before I had called from him to come up to the room. I had begged and pleaded and cried to get him to take the picture. Finally he had agreed and lay down on the bed while I lay in front of him. He had supported himself on his elbow so he was higher than me and draped his arm across my waist, resting his hand on my stomach.

There were a few more pictures of us, one of his sitting behind me, leaning over my shoulder while I held up the camera and we kissed, one of us just cuddled up together. When I had posted the pictures up my friends all commented on how handsome Orcus was and how cute we looked together.

But now I was bored. I was tired of lying in bed all day and not being allowed to leave the house. Aesar had come over earlier and I had taken pictures of him, and then curled up with him on the bed while he read to me. But he had to leave and I was alone again.

The door opened and Orcus walked in.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm bored," I complained. He smirked and moved over to the bed.

"What can I do for you?" he inquired.

"Have sex with me?" I offered. He scowled at this.

"Astoria, the doctor said no sex," he scolded. I huffed and flopped back on the bed.

"But I want it," I whined. "My hormones are driving me crazy."

"We can't," he said.

"What if you're gentle?" I asked. His scowl deepened. I sighed and covered my eyes with my arm. He pushed up my night gown and rubbed my legs. This didn't help my arousal. He was so close to where I wanted him and he was so hot. I spread my legs and reached for him, a pitiful expression on my face. He sighed and moved to the head of the bed, holding me and kissing me gently.

The night gown I wore was tied in the front with a ribbon. Orcus reached over and pulled the ribbon, letting the gown fall open. He ran his hand down my stomach, over my pelvis and settled between my legs. I gasped as his fingers breeched me, stretching me in the way I wanted. His lips descended on my breast where he suckled and licked my nipples. He scissored his fingers and used his thumb to rub up and down my clit while he nuzzled and licked my breast. I groaned when it wasn't enough. I wanted him.

"Orcus," I sobbed as he continued to stimulate me. "Please. Need you. Please." He looked at me skeptically.

"Astoria..." he tried. I grabbed him and pulled him down to kiss me. He mouth was hot, like the rest of him, and I loved it. I chanted "Please" over and over again, begging him. He grabbed me and plundered my mouth, kissing me with such passion. He fumbled with his pants, opening the fly and pulling himself out. I spread my legs more in invitation and was elated when he finally slid inside me. He rolled his hips and I cried out in pleasure.

He braced himself on his hands which were planted over my shoulders and thrust. I turned my head and kissed inside his wrist, savoring the feel of him. He stopped, holding still and panting heavily above me.

"Orcus?" I asked. He ran his hand over my stomach and bent down, giving me a tender kiss I whimpered at the loss and opened my eyes to see Orcus heading for the door. I called to him, but he ignored me. I was alone.

I rolled over on my side, fighting back the urge to cry. It wasn't the lack of sex that hurt me so much as his abrupt departure. He hadn't said anything, just left me without a backwards glance. I sniffled and wiped my eyes. The room was deathly silent. I sat up and retied my gown.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and saw Orcus standing in the door way.

"Getting dressed," I muttered.

"You don't want to finish?" he asked. I looked at him confused.

"You left me," I said. He moved forward and eased me back onto the bed.

"I left to talk to the doctor," he murmured. "He said we could have sex as long as I am careful. I just wanted to make sure." I smiled up at him and held my arms out to him. He bent down and kissed me, moving back between my legs.

~❤️~

My laptop beeped, telling me I had received an e-mail. I picked it up and opened it, pulling up an e-mail from my mother.

Astoria,

I loved the pictures you posted up, it was nice to see all your friends. I'm glad you and Orcus are getting along and you're enjoying life there. I miss you so much. We all do.

You look beautiful. Pregnancy really suits you. I'm pleased that I was right about you having twins! I hope things are going well with the pregnancy and you aren't having any troubles. One of the neighbors who had twins was telling me that she got so big she could hardly walk! She had to have a C-section! I hope that doesn't happen to you, but you're stronger than she was. Not to mention she's a tiny little thing. Only about 5 feet.

I was wandering if you would be able to visit before you give birth. You're sister wants to throw you a baby shower (don't let her know I told you) but I told her I would have to see. You being so far along and with twins, travel might not be an option.

We love you and miss you so much.

Love,

Momma.

I looked over at Orcus who was sitting in bed reading. I nudged his shoulder and showed him the message. He read over it and looked up at me.

"Can I go?" I asked, hopefully.

"It wouldn't be a good idea while you're on bed rest," he said. "The way we have to travel may cause more stress on your body than you can handle at the moment. I'm sorry, darling." I sighed dejectedly and looked down at the computer screen.

"I could bring them here," he offered.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked. He sighed and draped his arm across my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

"Then you will have to wait until after the twins are born," he said. "I'm sorry, Darling."

"Fine," I acquiesced. "But you have to come with me." He looked horrified at the idea.

"You must surely jest," he complained.

"I most surely do not," I replied. "Everyone is anxious to meet you."

"Astoria, I am not meant to mix with humans," he explained.

"You mix with me," I pointed out. "You can get used to my family."

"Dearest..." he tried again.

"No," I said firmly. "You're coming." He sighed bowed his head.

"Fine," he consented. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you," I said sincerely.

~❤️~

The carpenter smiled at me and motioned towards the now finished nursery. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and reached for him. He helped to pull me from the bed and lead me into the now finished room. It was beautiful. The curling designs on the furniture were exactly what I wanted. Over the cribs were mosquito nets in a cream color that complimented the pale wood. The walls had been painted a pale golden beige with a golden trim, and the carpet of the floor was a burgundy that compliments the rest of the color scheme well. I looked around the room, admiring the detail and skill that had gone into his work.

"It's perfect," I said. He let out a loud sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you like it," he said.

"I love it," I told him. "You did fantastic work." He beamed at my praise and bowed.

"It was an honor, your Grace," he said.

"Thank you, Gnorta," I said. He took my hand and guided my to the large closet that was cut into the wall. The doors of the closet were painted the same color as the walls then, in the same color as the trim, there were swirls going up the doors like tree branches. He pushed open the doors and I saw that on one side of the closet were diapers, wipes, powders, balms, washes, towels, rags, blankets and sheets. On the other side were clothes of every kinds and color, layettes, onsies, shirts, pants, socks, shoes, hats, bonnets, bibs, sleepers and dresses. I stared at the fully stocked closet in disbelief. Orcus and I had only a few things for the babies, half of which were from the tours I had been on, so where did all this stuff come from?

"Where...?" I began.

"Gifts from the people," he said. "It's customary for the carpenter to collect things from the people you visit on your Tour and since you can no longer go on your Tour they all gave me what they were going to gift you as well." I smiled and hugged him tightly, feeling tears slip down my face.

"Thank you," I said. He was startled at first, but soon relaxed and returned the embrace. One of my main concerns had been that we didn't have a lot of things for the children. When we were trying to get pregnant we hadn't anticipated twins and hadn't picked up enough things for two babies. Now I didn't have to worry, I had plenty for the children. I pulled away and rubbed my face, slightly embarrassed by my sudden display of emotion.

Gnorta smiled and patted my back then led me out, helping me back into my bed.

~❤️~

Orcus came home and checked out the nursery. He loved it just as I did. He had had his doubts when I had refused to use the old furniture, but he was now glad I had made the change.

"Mother had the nursery so dark, I never liked it," he commented. "It looks more like a place for children now." I looked at him curiously.

"Do you remember being in the nursery?" I asked. "How long did you stay in there?"

"Well, I stayed in until my fifth birthday," he explained, "but I have clearer memories of it from when Umona was born."

He climbed into the bed and looked over my shoulder at what I was reading.

"Hamlet?" he asked. I shrugged and went back to reading. We sat in companionable silence, both reading the same book. When I finished a page I would glance over at Orcus to see if he was done and if her nodded I would turn the page for him. After a time I grew tired and put the book away, contenting myself to just cuddle up to Orcus. He ran his fingers through my hair and hugged me to his chest.

"Orcus?" I asked. He laid his cheek on the top of my head.

"Hmm?"

"Do you...care about me?" I inquired.

"Of course," he said. "I want you to be happy here. I want you to be well."

"Do you enjoy spending time with me?" I questioned.

"Well, yes," he said. "We both enjoy books and reading and I like talking about those things with you."

"And of course the sex," I teased, gazing up at him. He gave me a small smile and dropped a kiss on my forehead.

"I will not deny that I enjoy being intimate with you," he confessed. "I at times find myself with the desire to..." He stopped.

"To what?" I pressed.

"Nothing," he said. "It is foolish."

"Tell me," I urged gently.

"You will think it silly," he argued.

"Not if it's how you feel," I countered. He pulled me as close as he could with my big belly and pressed his cheek to my forehead.

"Forget it," he said. "I will tell you another time." I sulked and looked up at him with pleading eyes. He gave me that tiny smile again and kissed my pouting lips.

"Later," he repeated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 99 16
I'm going to break his heart like he broke mine. He's going to now it feels like to be all alone. He'll wish he never ever touched my beloved Felix...
325K 7.5K 37
I thought I was normal, or at least ordinary, but since birth I've been...different. My life has been turned upside down and since...her...death, my...
3.9K 449 48
Allow me to formally introduce myself to you. I am Death.
71 0 6
Layla wanted nothing more than to please her mother and make her proud. But life doesn't always go the way we want. Sometimes it doesn't just go the...